Thoughts on based Friedman?

Thoughts on based Friedman?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lexus_and_the_Olive_Tree#Golden_Arches_theory
rationalwiki.org/wiki/Milton_Friedman
mises.org/library/are-libertarians-anarchists
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Mostly a wrong cunt. Not entirely but mostly. Successful though.

Haven't directly read his work, and I'm sure it's full of brilliant analysis, but at a distance I see him as an ideological extremist, a theory of everything fantasist, if not a status quo utopianist like Candide. He's all, we've never had this much stuff, and I'm like, is that cuz of capitalism or despite it? Correlation does not imply causation, bruh.

Dropped.

Many of these "economists" layed the foundation to modern economies, theres a lot to learn.
They also often promote their idealistic positions as a miracle cure too, so taking their word as "economic scientists" and staying very skeptical is healthy for everyone.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lexus_and_the_Olive_Tree#Golden_Arches_theory

Critics have pointed to other conflicts as counterexamples, depending on what one considers "a war":

The 1989 United States invasion of Panama
In 1999, India and Pakistan fought a war over Kashmir, known as the Kargil War. Both countries had (and continue to have) McDonald's restaurants. Although the war was not fought in all possible theatres (such as the Rajasthan and Punjab borders), both countries mobilised their military all along their common borders and both countries made threats involving their nuclear capabilities.
The 2006 war between Israel and Lebanon, following hostilities ongoing since 1973, with South Lebanon occupied until May 2000. (McDonald's franchises were established in Israel and Lebanon in 1993 and 1998, respectively.) However, the Lebanese Armed Forces were not a party to the fighting, the Israel Defense Forces action being taken instead against the paramilitary group Hezbollah.
The 2008 South Ossetia war between Russia and Georgia. Both countries had McDonald's at the time (restaurants began in the two countries in 1990 and 1999, respectively).[1]
The 2014 Crimean crisis between Russia and Ukraine. Both countries had McDonald's at the time.

Why do braindead neolibs like you idolize this retard, again? Sure, he wrote the book on the history of The Fed, but that doesn't quite make up for all his fuckups.

>rationalwiki.org/wiki/Milton_Friedman
Fucking kill yourself you groupthink faggot.

Invade Panama? That's like saying "rape your wife." It doesn't make sense.

I like his rhetorical style. Big fan of speaking normal language, as opposed to
>but on the fourth hand, Lacan…
In the 1940s, Friedman used to have very Keynes-like views. (That was long before "We are all Keynesians now" was attributed to him, he wasn't Keynesian in the 60s).

There was an economist with similar style of writing, but very different conclusions: Abba Lerner was the Milton Friedman of the left.

That quote is from THOMAS Friedman, sweetie.

It is obviously very possible for a man to rape his own wife. That you may think it "doesn't make sense" to believe otherwise is pretty telling.

I think the point he's making is there's no need

Even if it was copypasted that doesn't make it wrong.

You're not making an argument, basically. Just sayin.
Complete trash, use Startpage like everybody else
But he was an Austrian school economist and Austrian school economics IS trash.

closet-fascist

A hack who somehow convinced people to work against their interests

Austrian school is not just another word for right winger. Friedman's shit is called monetarism. A big difference between Friedman and many other conservatives is that he wasn't hysterical about deficits.

when a meme goes too far

He didn't really say anything original which hadn't been said 150 years ago and criticized to hell and back… he just dressed it up in new language

Friedman was a monetarist which is just a more modernized version of the classical quantity theory of money i.e. the money supply has to be managed to prevent to fast or slow of monetary growth. Austrians are more extreme in that regard I suppose.

if goods don't cross borders armies do-engels

he founded the CHICAGO school of economics

Monetarism is less a variant of the austrian school and more a variant of keynesianism

Neoliberal kike piece of shit. Holla Forums is always right.

Because the idea was to print money to make up the deficits. Sure this was inflationary but you could counteract that by squeezing the worker and bringing labour costs down.
Great idea for the creditor class, not so good for the average worker.

VADE RETRO SATANA

You've sort of cherry picked that Rothbard quote. This is the full passage.

mises.org/library/are-libertarians-anarchists

You sure about that, sweetie?

Since when was printing money not inflationary?
Since when was increasing money supply and decreasing inflation (via deregulation and other supply side measures) not good for creditors?

He was a major contributor but I wouldn't say he was the founder, I think that was actually Frank Knight.

Uh no, ancaps aren't anarchists. Just because you don't believe in a central authority isn't enough to make you an anarchist, ancaps still believe in hierarchy (rich vs. poor) "just don't call it government""

The monetarists are/were trash.

So which effect do you think is stronger, inflation or deflation?

Ideological father of the baby boomers who ruined this planet.

Top cunt.

His experiment in Chile crashed and burned. Reaganomics gave us the world we have today. Which is fucking awful.

Also he was literally a paid shill for a bunch of different conglomerates.

stop changing the subject. "printing money" could be done by private or public banks. it's called issuing debt. this is great if you are the one issuing it, provided it gets paid. and it's inflationary.

He is a pretty okay speaker. I wish that more leftists would be this good at public speaking. Of course, I disagree on most of his economics.

Empirical evidence suggests the contrary

No m8. Central Banks are good at stimulating the economy.

The fucker also supported Pinochet.

I want to add another positive thing about Friedman, just to be contrarian and annoying: He was an outspoken opponent on the war on drugs.

False, sweetie.

And?
It's FOSS while Startpage isn't.
By that logic you should be using Google above all else due to its popularity.
Wrong, he was a Chicago school economist.

Holla Forums, seriously fucking kill yourself already.