pic not related

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.neocron.org/forums/4-Neocron-Classic-News
neocron-game.com/
swgawakening.com/portal.php
vocaroo.com/i/s012dgK4ohfc
neocron-game.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Forgotten Realms done in the style of NWN2.

Endgame raids are done for currency or drops for cosmetic items for your player owned house

I don't agree with everything you said but bonus points for the rare varg

thanks

Better start developing, OP.

So… literally EVE?

Space combat just doesn't appeal to me for some reason.

There's ground based EVE clone with robots, I think it's called Perpeetum or some shit.

oh I never knew that
maybe I'll give EVE a look

Congratualtions. You've just killed any sense of progression in the game. Project Gorgon also falls into this trap. I could grind to max level in any skill set and be, for the most part, just as weak as when I started the game. It's probably the single biggest factor that turned me off from the game.

rest in peace lil nigga

So what you're saying is gear progression isn't progression?
okay then…

I have never played either Guild Wars game.
What made the first better than the seconds?

Agreed
If not p2w then b2p or some way to filter the chinese gold diggers.
Meh. Every scifi games I've played depended on guns/projectiles since melee is literally useless and anti-immersive especially in a MMO. Boring but it's subjective. There's a reason why medieval/fantasy is preferred.
This will only encourage rmt
No endgame? So only PvP? Trash.
That fine and normal in most MMOs
That's fine if you don't want any PvE driving motivation which looking at the suggestion you shat out is pretty obvious.
rmt
rmt
That's fine. Preferably also levels too. Or permadeath
Have you tried world bosses where you have to camp to kill your targets with other bots?
nice. So skill factor won't matter at all and only encourage rmt
Yes
Won't become a mystery once you play for a while and learn the mechanics. See MMOs on older consoles where datamining is impossible till its on PC
Pic related

My dream MMO is so significant that posting it here would surely mean the mechanics and thematic elements would be stolen instantaneously.

raiding is for 40 year old familymen
All raiding is and has ever been is a memory game

I have god awful luck with drops, so I never get better gear in MMOs. For me, locking progression behind gear means that I'll always be just as weak as a guy fresh out of the tutorial.even if I've been playing for years.

You could honestly stop here. My "dream MMO" is a whole genre of MMOs with some actual fucking variety instead of the creatively bankrupt micro-genre we have today. I've come to believe this will never happen as long as WoW servers are still up, and even after they're down we'll have to suffer through a ~5-year period of desperate attempts to be the "new WoW."

but what if gear progression isn't based on RNG but involves more crafting or killing other players for their gear?

say "rmt" one more time and I'll send my boys to come see ya

So what do you suggest for an endgame in an MMO? PvP only?

Funny. People shit all over Dragon's Dogma Online for this very reason. People feel like levels are nothing more than prerequisites to equip certain tiers of armor that give all the stats. Personally, I'm not opposed to this because it lets me work toward a goal.

And here's where you lose me again. If I just spent two years crafting an insanely good piece of armor only to die to some hacker who's removed his attack animations to hit over a million times per second, I'm going to log off the game as calmly as possible and never log on again.

this post gets better the more I read it

You and your boys own noobs to become the people that everyone on the server talks about.
Being the best is endgame.

R M T
M
T

mortal online?

nobody is gonna spend money to get the best gear in an mmo where you can die and have it stolen by a player

Holy shit people just play EVE already

It does everything you're all asking for and eliminates the problems you're bringing up

If you don't like the gameplay that's fine, but all your ideas can generally be summed up as 'EVE but in a fantasy setting'

Well, they don't even have that much in common besides the name. Even the setting is pretty different.

Now that's out of the way:

GW1 had a large skillbar with a colossal amount of skills to choose from; GW2 has a smaller bar and most of the skills are locked to your equipped weapons. Builds are drastically limited.
GW1 had multiclassing; GW2 does not.
GW1 had a good story by MMO standards and great worldbuilding by any standards; GW2 has neither.
GW1 had very extensive team synergy; GW2 does not and is built to be playable solo.
GW1 PvP required coordination, feinting, positioning, prediction, etc in order to break through the enemy's defenses (which could stay up indefinitely if not breached) and could very well carry into stalemate; GW2 PvP is simple attrition.
GW1 had some great professions that did not carry into GW2, such as the Monk.
GW1 had minimalistic skill graphics that allowed a clear view of the battlefield; GW2 has flashy skill graphics that obscure the battlefield.
GW1's dev team was made up of former Diablo 2 devs and programming geniuses; GW2's dev team is made up of Tumblr.
GW2 has a clear and crisp but very atmospheric art style that has aged extremely well; GW2's art style is watery and clearly meant to look more like GW concept art, sounds great but looks like shit in practice.
GW1 had sexy female characters; GW2 is laden with female-hating Tumblr censorship.
GW1 had playable humans only; GW2 introduced goofy furry races.

The difference I'm a little iffy on is instances vs persistent world. In theory a persistent world is better. In practice GW1 did an instanced campaign really, really well. Could something work with GW1 style instanced missions but the main explorable areas persistant? Maybe. But I think persistence is part of why GW2 had to dumb down the synergy. Many GW1 skills get more and more powerful when the party, or amount of enemies, increase, as their impact goes up without anything to counter it, in fact some farming builds are built around exploiting this (100b). In a persistent world with tons of players around I can see this being another headache of balance.

There's probably more stuff.

But I'm a poorfag neet

Did you forget to take your Ritalin? Try to answer my post in one shot faggot. And yes, if there's no importance to levels then there's no point to having levels at all. Everyone will be the same with lack of customizations just like any other CoD. looking at your second post, you might as well go back to overcuck or palashit

heh

That's legit, the only reason I'm not playing it right now myself is because of the sub
It's gonna have a free to play system soon (you don't get access to most of the cool ships but you should be able to do everything relevant) so you might check it out when that launches

In my opinion gear progression and character progression are both kinda shit. If you can create a game where both of those level out fast enough to serve as an extended tutorial and all progression past there comes only from player skill, you've succeeded. GW1 did that and it was awesome. It did have horizontal progression (getting greater skill variety) throughout the game but that doesn't give a player the upper hand.

Dedicated PvP characters that can create their own gear on the fly was also really nice.

Many of your ideas are shit. The perfect MMO was this:

And it was stolen from us by the libs.

I have ADD
niggers gonna hate
well.. there is if leveling up unlocks you a new talent point
I don't mind leveling giving you an advantage but I'd rather that advantage wasn't just a per-determined base-stat increase.

I will do for sure, it seems really unique and interesting.

It does.
If you don't think being a jew requires skill then why don't you go dominate the stock market or buy real estate? Because you're afraid you're not a skilled enough jew that's why.

I would like to take a variation of your idea OP.

You about 90% described Age of Wushu.

The downside is that it's grindy and p2w as hell and the netcode is so shit that it doesn't do any interpolation, if two people are fighting then the first packet to get to the server dictates how things happened.

I still love this broken awful game.

Guess you can't keep your suggestion consistent. Guess your thread was shit the moment you forgot to take your meds. Let me fix that.

Oy veyy go back and take your shower :^)

rolling for waifu

wahhhhh
go write a blog about it fuckboi
pic related
it's literally you

Monsterfags really have the shittiest tastes.

git gud

Thanks, now I have something to contribute to the cringe thread.

Well, there's the HP and energy bars scaling to your skill level, and level-restricted skill ranks.

Takes guts for a fatefag to even think their opinion mattered at all.

exactly

neocron was that game

I had an idea for levels.
What if the max level in the game is 10. Getting the first 5 levels is relatively easy but can take time. Further levels can take along time to achieve depending or what you fight or accomplish. You are able to de-level as you lose experience when you die (similar to FF11).
Most players can get to 9, but only a very small percentage are allowed to be level 10 at a time. They reach this level through some means(I dunno haven't thought of a way) but if they die they lose the privilege of being one of the strongest on the server.
The thing to think about is there should be a significant difference in the strength of players between levels. Level 1 being around the strength of a small child, and level 10 being somwhere around Guts strength.
Of course gear would have to play a role as well. But crafted stuff would have to be the strongest with the only thing stronger being special one of a kind artifacts found in the world that can be looted from other players who have found them.

A Mount And Blade MMO.

One world map shared between the total player base where lords and soldiers are all people playing together.
Villages, castles, an equipment can be fought for or sold. Mercenaries are literally hired to follow you, and in-game currency purchases to milk players of all their cash.

GW1 with modern graphics and non-instanced world.

A dragons dogma online that plays more like the actual dragons dogma with this map, shittons of more content than the origional game with occasional updates, more CHURAYZEE skills, an actual decent fucking story, and more.

There should use of pawns, but it is more rewarding to go in parties with other arisen

HellMOO but good

rolling

There's way too damn many of these things.

An MMO with Tera's combat with WoW's amount of content.

Lineage + Lineage II + GW1 + Modernised + RO

Downloading neocron 2 right now, looks sick.
I love those cyb aesthetics.

shit nigger no, wait for neocron classic, it takes back all the shit neocron 2 ruined

forgot link

forum.neocron.org/forums/4-Neocron-Classic-News

isn't it buggy as hell?

from what i heard there are some guys from the original neocron working on neocron classic, helping to fix bugs and writting new lore, also

didnt meant to sage

Okay sweet.
Maybe I'll just try both, there's no harm in it.

BEWARE OF THE HARVEST CEREMONY!
BUT BUT BUT ITS FORBIDDEN!

Being Jewish is all about nepotism and theft or eating a whole cake by yourself and not sharing it with the rest of the video games imageboard you own.

I just don't get endgame MMOs. Like what the fuck is the point of all that leveling if the game doesn't even fucking begin until you reach the max level and the max level means fucking nothing except raid for months on end to increase your shitty gear and collect DKP? It's a flawed system.

Check the Chinese MMOs for that.

im sure most of you would like project gorgon, there's a thread up for it and we just made our guild, go check it out fags

I forget, how many skills were there in GW1 again? And someone explain to me how a themepark mmo works. I don't get it, lads. The search results don't do much to explain it either.

Yeah fuck no user.

Themepark MMO = detailed hand crafted world and fixed story, lots of PvE stuff or gladiatorial PvP.

Sandbox MMO = open world meant to be filled by player activity and interaction; often more oriented towards political PvP.

A lot of people speak fairly negatively towards themepark MMOs, but truth be told most sandbox MMOs are utter garbage; the only good one is EVE Online (and it's pretty fucking good). A themepark MMO is much easier to do well since it's more like a traditional RPG and a lot of the design aspects have already been hammered out and perfected over the years. With a sandbox MMO you either copy EVE or try to do your own thing and fall flat on your face.

dont even mind that the game runs perfect

There will hopefully be a big sandbox game that will exist within a few years, so that's good for me.

-Game is focused on teaching players how to best use the mechanics in the game. Game is mostly Bossfights.
-High level bosses are not gear based, but player skill based.
-No one likes the game. (And I can see why)

Outside of PVP this sounds a lot like PSO2

Being a game in Japanese with an incomplete fan translation there's still a lot shrouded in mystery around the story but a lot of the gameplay shit like mechanics, builds, and metas is datamined to hell.

Reread my wording, meant to imply that I do know of such a game that is being made.

Forgot pic. And could not find it, so you get a pixel shit.

First of all:

Now for the rest
>You must start punching trees

Basically Minecraft meets Age of Empires meets Wakfu

Did anyone else play The Matrix MMO?

A MMO where you move differently according to your class.

you may or may not enjoy Neocron.
neocron-game.com/

I think my favorite was the one where some guy was saying the end goal of the dark falzes was unknown. That was about 24 hours after Sega implemented the story quest where Double literally says "Have you forgotten our goal to revive the Profound Darkness, Elder?"

It really fucking sucks that MMORPG's that have good combat are Korean pay2win messes, MMORPG's with good stories are a total bore to play and are somehow linear in nature…

I have been dying to find a new MMO after Tera went to shit, any of you chucklefucks got recommendations? Only thing I have required is that there are some fucks who can teach me how to use my shit better then they did when they first started and can help a newfag.

is it worth checking out for someone who doesnt really play MMOs?

I want to go back

Back to a time of wonder and when pwning noobs was an acceptable term for shitposting against your enemies.

You just described how ultima online was. Some crafting shit not counted for this was what you got. Unbalanced unmoderated crazy world with endless opportunities. And bands of actual player killers.

It was good for a month. Then it was just PVP shitters and just killing new players for fun cause nobody was doing anything about it. Great balance mayteys.

Seriously m8? A furry rollbait?

That looks pretty cool. Too bad it's ogre.
I feel the same way about the Matrix online

The only combat I can see being used in an mmo, with greatly defined roles, a perfect balance of skill, required meta knowledge, and freedom of movement.

Free to play, with optional membership
this optional membership only really comes with quality of life features, such as instant town warping
In addition, very hard to make it pay to win, the stuff you can buy are only lottery tickets for good stuff that is in itself a lottery ticket for advancing your player (masterwork alkahest boxes, which can give a random amount of masterwork alkahest, which is used as a lottery ticket to upgrading gear), and of course cosmetics

Leveling shouldn't just be a barrier to end game content, if that's all it is, it shouldn't exist because the process of leveling never teaches a person how to play their class. I suppose making leveling have a purpose would be tough, but I think levels should be indicative of some sort of quantifiable level of mastery.

As opposed to an instanced world, an MMO is about having a community, having all of your content behind instances just takes away from that community feel.

Instanced dungeons are an understandable solution to the question "how do we let everyone experience content" but I feel like there's a missed opportunity of having massive open dungeons with lots of challenging content and exploration, even if there's the chance that said dungeons could be exploited by supermassive guilds

I think TERA did it just fine, open world pvp except within towns and protection from PKing until you reach a certain level. Along with PvP arenas such as Corsairs Stronghold and Deathmatch.

Honestly the crafting question is hard to answer, there's so many ways to exploit crafting in an MMO it makes me wonder how much specialization in crafting is worth it.

I had a lot more on my mind, but now I don't feel like finishing the thought, so maybe later.

Maybe Black Desert? Seriously, multiplayer belong to reddit and tumblr now, it mostly will always suck, no matter the game.

Lifeweb and Hellmoo in 3D is all I ask for.

I like fucking with those types so im okay with it. I remember playing a healer on Tera and being the most anti-fag strong non-fuckboy beefy dude who was a preacher. I would have my friends beat the shit out of lolis and other whores in revealing clothing.

But can only initially play humans. There WILL be ways of playing other races, but you must discover them.
Only one. You can be resurrected but it costs great effort and requires an immersive way to do it. (ritual shit+some sacrifices)
Can master any basic skill by simply practicing it.There are extra skills to master. They will develop or not depending on your gameplay style. There's no guide for them. (fuck you internet you'll fucking ruin this one)
Or change to any class anytime, but you will slowly lose your other class abilities and you'll eventually need to relearn them if you don't practice.
GM and volunteers taking over NPCS. You could take the merchant's place and nobody would notice. Hard to distinguish NPCS from real people. GMS may decide to take control of an orc and gather an army/become a boss/give quests to players.
Those goals advance. If villains advance far enough on their goals expect FFIV cataclysm bullshit to happen if you ignore that evil dragon who swore to destroy you all.
If you die you may be reborn as something different depending on how you die. If a necro kills you you'll be a nice skeleton minion, if a werewolf kills you you may be fine next morning, but suddenly at night become hostile and you'll have to kill X number of people to survive. Or you may get turned into a frog by a wizard and go on a quest to heal that shit.
While basic magic is okay, rituals are what makes this game shine. Spread throughout the world there are nodes of different kinds of magic. Depending on what you wanna do you may want to go to A or B to empower your spell. You can also gather a group of cultists, items to empower your ritual, some human sacrifices perhaps and voilá. Rituals require time, but they visibly alter the landscape. You can freeze the land with a blizzard so you can cross over the waters, make the land decay so farmers get fucked and undead get bonuses… imagination is the limit.
35%equipment30%level35%skill. Your level unlocks new abilities that let you do more stuff, your equipment makes you resist more or less a certain type of attack, but also makes you lighter or slower among other things. Skills is what will eventually decide a battle. I personally like Tera's combat, but WoW or Aion has much more character mobility outside it.

worlds.com is a dream MMO

user…

It's a 3D Chat not an MMO.

Rollan

I just want a MMO with a massive open world with a Black Desert style character creator, where I have the option to adventure for a while before using my money to open a roadside inn/tavern and turn my character into a busty, flirty tavernkeep.
Decent adventuring gameplay, obviously, and solid trading/farming/gathering stuff to safely live out my dream.

>no PvP period
Warframe was so close.
Vindictus was so close.
A man can still dream.

At least it's something

swgawakening.com/portal.php

Fuck, user, that's really getting my hopes up. even thought it's a kickstarter

MMO about 40k
Everyone starts out as an imperial guard then gradually after surviving and succeeding in multiple raids the player is recognized for their strength and goes up the rank. Eventually they'll branch off into Space Marines or join the ranks of Collegia Titanica (Tanks) or maybe even become a Tech-Priest.
-Due to the scale of the game the only race available is the Imperial Army, if the game is successful then maybe there's hope for an expansion of an entire race (Maybe Tau or Tyranids)
-Game is permadeath but depending on your rank your life can be saved and your body parts will be replaced
-Factions/Clans depend on rank, if you're an imperial guard you join a division, if you're a space marine you join a chapter.

Thoughts?

Rolling

let's roll

It passed the goal a while ago. We'll see where it goes.

And it would bomb in a few months because it's not WoW.

Im trying out Vindictus, what makes it good/bad?

Yuro version was more casual than the American one.
The American one had a better fatigue system.

I'm a yurofag so I can only talk about the version I mainly played, which is the European.
The good: Fucking amazing bosses, breakable equipment that makes fights look more visceral. Breakable boss gets with spears or bombs and all sorts of cool shit a la monster hunter.
The story is great, the characters well-written and the music is amazing.
The bad: Grinding and late late enemies becoming damage sponges. Stages are samey and boring.

Korean MMOs could be fixed if people just created Private Servers that removed the P2W and grind.

vocaroo.com/i/s012dgK4ohfc

Old school Runescape, but populated, with free members, and something like a 5x booster for generally less shitty grinding.
Really, though, I don't even care. I just want to fish with my bros again.

On an unrelated note, I am pretty sure I know this dock. Fairly sure it is in my home town.

Alright, I'll bite.
When your guild does gain enough power, you can design everything about the buildings, the layout, the brickwork, everything. NPC will move into the city. You can even sell plots to other players so they can do what they wish with them, dependent of the land allocated to you from the primary city-state.

Pretty much a fantasy world true-sandbox. Theres no "You are the chosen one!" quest, unless one player from the entire playerbase is chosen for this, then they can go on this chosen one quest and anyone they bring along is rolled into the events.

You'd be able to play solo and rely on the NPC around you or the players.

This is the game you are looking for

1. Take themepark MMO similar to Runescape, with very unique quests that have actual dialogue and puzzles and problem solving and shit.

2. Turn some of the features into sandbox-style features, and add some new ones. Do that as much as you can without hurting the base game. For example:

3. Have optional servers where fighting and building is enabled everywhere in the world, and some "exclusive" servers where you cannot take your character out of them, or bring other characters in, anyone that starts in an exclusive will always have to play in the exclusive serves., so you could have a total PVP-free sandbox in those

More of my ideas are here:

>>>/ideaguy/339
>>>/ideaguy/340

The thing with relationship levels reminds me of a Japanese MMO I can't remember.

Also

u wot m8?

Yeah, no. The earth may be small on a grand scale of creation but it's still fucking huge.

The circus is in town.
Japs needs to stop smoking pot when designing games.

By "Going to limit yourself to a class" I mean by self imposing it. Like: "I'M GOING TO ONLY LEARN MAGIC SKILLS BECAUSE THATS WHAT MAGES DO IN WoW"

And yeah, I know it's still fucking huge, but when you've got a world with a limited amount of resources because the environment is destructible and there is going to have to be enough to sustain everyone. Plus, adventures will be all the grander when you are journeying across the lands. You shouldn't arrive to a town within an hour unless it actually is that far away, but camping in the wilderness, traveling in caravans, anything. And think of the possibilities: One side of the world there are people who are still using simple stone weaponry while on the other there was such a technological boom that there are flintlock weapons. Entire cultures can be cultivated without anyone being aware of it in another place. Depending on how hard someone works in a place, they can improve the livelihoods of everyone around them.

Would that make playing with friends harder? Holy shit yes it would, and you'd have to organize where you guys are starting beforehand, but traveling a world where there is a possibility that no one has ever seen certain areas before would be amazing. An age of exploration within a game.

Well, it's a "dream" MMO thread, I guess.

You know, I've never, ever in all the MMORPGs I've played seen a good trapper class. Someone making such a thing would be nice but I'm not sure what it should be like. Any ideas?

I can't even begin to fathom the technical and scale issues in implementing all that. Sounds like a dream.

SHIT.
Fuck crafting.

Kinda see the appeal of this. I hope you mean "no HP/attack/def buffs on levelup" and not that there's no skills to be learned. Come to think of it, you can completely drop an overall "player level", but rathers skills have lelves

To add to it;
- no classes
- skills have to be learned from trainers
- no floating names or info shit. You can only see that for people you know. It will be harder to tell who is a NPC and who is a player
- no quest markers

The shit HP inflation and level system is a cancer on the industry. Go die.
You shouldn't be an untouchable god just because you killed a few goblins over and over.
High-level players should be more powerful (skillful) and versatile, but hardly untouchable.

Sounds to me like you playing these games just for the power feeling, rather then being a part of a world. A total weak shitter in Real Life, eh?

rollin

I'm sorry, were we supposed to limit ourselves to reality?

Well okay then. More of the same because no publisher is going to want deviation. Same old theme park MMO and only two factions. It has to be labled "the WoW killer" because that makes publishers smile. Character creation? Copy it from the current most successful MMO because that'd be easier. Combat can't be complex, otherwise it will scare the casuals away, play it safe where levels and dropped items are the only things that matter. Give everyone legendaries, it has to be super easy or the casuals will be bored but put on a huge fanfare about it so it makes them feel special. There also has to be an extensive cash shop so the publishers can get more money out of the players, it'll start subtly with just cosmetic items, but then mounts and boosters will be put in until max level boosters and ultimate equipment can just be bought. There will be a monthly subscription fee, but fuck it, F2P in a few months with a "GOLD" membership.

I can keep going, but you already know where this is going. It's the perfect dream MMO grounded in reality! No publisher will refuse it

Perhaps this:

- fallout style overland map for travel (players can meet/ambush eachother)

Of course, that means that it wouldn't be one seamless continent, but imho it might be better this way. Normally you end up with tiny continents (so that travel doesn't take long) or everyone fast-traveling because there's a whole lot of nothing

There's no reason to get asshurt about it.

What's the point of a dream MMO if you're not going to limit yourself with any kind of realistic game development standards?

My dream MMO is 1:1 real life except learning is easy and you can train yourself to get superpowers (super strength/endurance, flying, etc), there's a maximum pain gap so getting your limbs cut won't completely overpower you with pain, you have a magical backpack that can carry anything as long as you've trained yourself the super strength to carry it, you respawn when you die, and the world is inhabited with fantasy monsters.

But there is!
Except 3/4 of it is just water with noting but raid bosses in it. And 75% of land are just empty zones with copy pasted mobs.
That's a fucking lie. Oblivion NPCs are smarter than ones from OUTSIDE.
There is hardly 10 though.
That's again wrong. Penalties for PK are just too harsh to the point where it's not worth it.
At least this one is true and even then Crysis 1 still have better textures and bump mapping.

tbf user, Crysis 1 still has better textures than a lot of the games out now

So what you want is a Cyberpunk Age of Wushu's "Open Frontier / New World" content, where PvP = drops on death, gear matters not levels, and you can't be banned for being a toxic shit because the GM's don't matter

Yeah. I could play that, if it wasn't p2w shit.

Private The Matrix Online server when?

Rollin

It'll be hard to beat Lineage II's PVP.

Now this is something that I could get into

yeah I wish

What does leveling do in your mmo? (If anything at all)

I dont like this idea, if gear is obtained through the normal instance of RNG. I dont like the idea of getting better based off chance and not playtime

see

It would turn the game into the biggest pay to win game in existence.

neocron-game.com/

Holy shit, I don't have a char image big enough for how hilarious this idea is. It's like you understand absolutely nothing about any video game.
I know it's a dream MMO thread and it's full of these ideas, but at least with those ideas you can be "if some weird star trek future comes by where money has no real value outside of trading with different races and everyone becomes immortal programming savants maybe it could happen". Yours is so far outside the realm of plausibility you made me post more than every other bait I've seen.

This game is actually incredibly fun to explore. The city feels so fucking neat to just run around in.

I'd envision a mmo that's the perfect autism simulator taking all that is good from other games
i can't think much more but it would be a good game i'm sure of that

stopped reading there

not like a nigger such as yourself can read anyway

Why don't you tell us about your brilliant MMO idea that has enclosed/instanced rooms, then.

Fuck you. Spiral Knights did this fucking great as long as you didn't pay2win.
You really had to work hard at saving up money to get the crafting materials you needed to upgrade your gear to the next tier.
It was a fantastic sense of progression.

Anything that prevents the above

just gimme back UO:T2A with a better combat system, maybe better PvP balance and less NPCs.

No game since UO has allowed me to be a dick thief which was my primary playstyle.

For those who don't understand you could steal almost anything from anyone at anytime BUT you weren't allowed to have a murder count and had to dedicate a significant portion of your character development to stealing. No PK, dedicated asshole.

I could steal from reagents from wizards so they couldn't cast spells on me. Steal arrows from archers so they couldn't shoot. Steal money right outa peoples back packs, valuable items.

Camp outside peoples houses, wait for em to come back and stealth in. Wait for em to leave then empty out anything not locked down.

Steal their house or boat keys to take ownership.

Poison food for RPers to die on or people who believed in the skill speed meme.

One of my favourite tricks was to poison food and killmyself on mobs. Since the mobs looted players they'd pick up my poisoned meat. When players came by to skill up or farm gold they'd get the food as a drop and may eat it and die, then I just loot their bodies.

Do trades using trapped lock boxes, so when they opened the container it'd explode so I could loot them and take my money back.

I would just be happu with what was promised originaly for Black Desert Online before it turned into a korean grindfest and all the sandbox promises went into the sink.

that sounds amazing

is there any mmo that allows you to do even a fraction of that now

No. Because of WoW everyone thinks Sandbox MMOs like UO were gankfests where no-one could ever do anything but instantly die upon login.

What people don't understand is that in Sandbox games. Theres very little time barrier (grinding) required to have the same capabilities or gear as someone who's been playing for years. If someone is attempting to grief you, just voice up and people will generally come in to help. Even if it's just a bunch of other newbies because skill/level and item differences in these sort of games are not extreme, 3-5 newbies can take on a fully geared person.

On the topic of full loot and theft which detracts even PvP players from Sandbox games. Items are not hard to obtain, for example If I got ganked and lost all my gear, I could just grind on some skellingtons for 20 minutes and re-equip myself, or because I am not a retard I have a shit tonne of gold in the bank and just go buy replacements immediately.

For the claim of unplayable gankfest. Nothing could be further from the truth. These sandbox games have large worlds where everyone is on the same single of few servers. Because of this everyone has a reputation, EVERYONE.

PvP:
Gankers - If you're a ganker, you'll be known and neutrals and non-pvpers will kill you on sight if you have murderer or criminal status.
Murderers - Dedicated murderers names were red. They were not allowed in the vast majority of towns and NPCs didn't give their services. A murderer character was hard mode.

Other Behaviour WoW Babies hate:
Scammers - Because of reputation you'll become known as a scammer and no-one will deal with you.
Ninja Loot - Your party members will kill your ass and take back the items and maybe more depending on their mood.
Thief - You're not allowed to have a murder count so you run away and your victims are allowed to kill you without repercussions. In UO there was an item called a disguise kit that would give you a random appearance and name so you could mitigate your reputation loss a bit.

Misc:
Crafting - This has real meaning in Sandbox MMOs since practically everything was made by a player, enjoy being rich.

Good thing I never got to play UO.

Good thing I don't have to feel the same pain.

Anons…

Not a fan of those WoW aesthetics.

I'm in the Alpha of that. Development is slow.
Until it's actually out there's nothing, except maybe EVE online but the GAME part is eh…

Damn that looks good. What's the actual game like?

I hate the idea of "multiverses" though, it just becomes a clusterfuck of random shit and is usually an excuse not to have consistent lore and design.

In the "multiverse", shards refers to servers, both official and player-run ones, as well as clusters of shards that are governed by different rulesets such as PVE, limited PVP, hardcore PVP etc, and a character can freely switch between shards of the same cluster. The interesting thing is that players will be able to create their own rulesets and kodify features of their shards that allow them to essentially mod the game to their liking.

do i really want something so grand? even singleplayer rpgs don't do this

if it has necromancers, this could finally give me the chance to play as skelly man and his loyal guild

no other players

Concerning. I fear that it takes the design too far into the opposite direction from WoW clones. I.e. having no game, just tools to build a game. And the "real content" is games/maps built by other players, while the "official" game is small and insignificant.

Hard to say before I know exactly how it works though.

You do realize what kind of ludicrous overflow of whatever item that mob wears it would cause?

the more items the better the challenge
"you can't have X, it would ruin the economy/fairness" is just anti-fun

so just make the mob really hard to kill
you're gonna need teamwork to kill the damn thing, or you're gonna need to be a god at the game
either way, hard work will reward you with items that the regular player would have difficulty getting

They have a few of their own worlds as a sort of "official" world but the tools are available so people who want a slightly different experience or make their own MMO entirely, can do so. I'm not worried about lack of content for release, just at the moment its still so early in development.

Humanoid mobs in UO were like this. But items weren't insanely powerful like in most MMOs these days.

Shards Online.

sandbox

already had it, and it left.

But there aren't any good sandboxes these days.

Not saying it's a bad idea necessarily, just that I can't imagine it being interesting anymore after the first time you kill that mob, because every time you kill one will get you the same loot.

I'm a little salty that I never got to play UO when it was at it's peak. I've never actually tried either, because I'm not sure what the best way to experience it today would be.

thats why i said
make it so fucking hard to kill the thing that you're not gonna want to fuck with it a second time

theres no good way to experience classic UO these days the modern version is a horrible diablo clone and private servers are shit/dead. Also since you're young, the controls will be horribly unbearable. For now maybe EVE online if you can stand the boring combat or a UO Clone named Link-Realms is coming out as free to play soonish but I haven't played it myself, waiting for it to be free.

If you wanna risk kikestarter bucks try Shards Online.

Being like that doesn't take skill, it takes a lack of morality and willingness to fuck people over for your own gain, and what do you gain?

Money, sure, but you don't live life, you'll see others as tools or feds rather then friends, and you generally have very little time for yourself and your enjoyment because big money means you have to manage your assets every day of the week.

You don't quit work when you're that rich because people in the market with literally stab you in the back for that money.

Being a jew sucks and it makes you suck, so fuck that.

Literally just Lost Planet 2 but an MMO.

UO was a legendary game. I doubt there will ever be anything like it ever again despite it being a landmark MMO like Everquest or RO.

I would like a straight sequel to UO that plays like UO and retains the fixed perspective.

I would page a GM and tell him my non-existant house "disappeared suddenly wtf" was robbed and I'd get a free deed. Then I sat in my house and did lots of carpentry.

That was one of the fun parts. Even the GMs could be scammed, or sometimes, killed.

L O L

tfw I did not get to see Lord British get murdered. Hopefully I can kill him in SOTA (Bad game btw)

Honestly it's the best MMO out if you're not a casual shit.

I'm just hoping it's not vaporware.

EVE is becoming free to play in November sometime and theres a UO Clone named Link-Realms coming out as free to play soon.
I can give you a free Trial to eve if you gimme an email address if you can't wait. EVE has a streaming client so you can play it fairly immediately however I gotta warn you the combat is "unique" in that you'll either hate it, love it or like me and just not care enough and play anyways since everything else is so shit.

Shadow of the Colossus/Attack on Titan inspired. Instead of having a conventional Disneyland come-and-go-as-you-please format, the game would be based around sporadic weekly/monthly MASSIVE PvE events where thousands of players unite to defend human cities from encroaching megabeasts, which the game client and the obligatory mobile partner app will alert the defenders to when required. Losing a city means it's actually destroyed, and will take ages to rebuild. It is possible for the monsters to overrun every human settlement, raising the stakes as the number of cities dwindles and the creatures come knocking at the door of the final, heavily defended Neo Tokyo-type metropolis.

YGGDRASIL CLONE WHEN?

Not a single MMO achieves this at the moment.

I don't mind grind, I don't mind a sub fee, I don't even mind some cosmetic cash shop shit.

I just want a game with enough difficulty in the open world to justify it being a fucking MMO. Make the mobs hard, make the materials they drop useful at all levels, make lots of consumables and make them percentage based, make weapons craftable and useful at all levels, no bullshit +35000 strength bullshit.

Solo players fuck off or learn to deal with it you're playing a fucking MMO get your narcism fix on facebook or something and get out of my genre.

As is there has not been a fucking MMO for YEARS to have an actually challenging overworld anything. Even world bosses do fucking nothing and are no threat to anyone in the general area.

Why are these games not just RPGs with lobbies? These aren't fucking MMOS.

Disgaea MMO
Normal Disgaea classes apply
Any person can equip any item, obviously usefulness depends on class
Later classes can be unlocked like Final Fantasy 14 through reincarnation
Monster classes exist. There is no penalty for using the model of a low level monster if you like it.
You can reincarnate as the student/servant/whatever title of someone else. Only a low amount of students per master (2-3). Master can not reincarnate as the student of one of his students.
Can learn some skills from students. Only if you party with them though. Restrictions to skills apply either through limitations or locking you out of certain skills. You retain the learned skill if you lose your student or the student reincarnates as a new class.
Person classes can not learn 90% of monster skills. Monster classes can not learn 90% of person skills.
Need to add many more spells than original Disgaea games
Your guild is your faction
Every leveling area tier has two different possibilities. Area from 2-5 players and area for 6-10 players
Bonuses to XP (maybe others) for going in a party
Going solo is possible, but not as rewarding
Higher tier of equipment and such impossible without partying
Content focused on both dungeons and diving into your items (with the usual randomly generated maps) for better gear or improving your current gear.
Dungeons focuses more on giving the players a fun tour through specially crafted areas with lots of optional side content (a la Blackrock Depths, Stratholme from WoW).
Dungeons designed in such a way as to let the players take quick routes to their favorite bosses in 30 mins to 2 hours or spending the entire day clearing everything.
Both dungeons and item world can award you with better items.
Bosses occur in the item world as statisticians. Be careful because they're not alone!
You can of course skip floors if you wipe a lot on a floor, but you have to run for the exit!
You can transform any item to look like any other item, but only if you ranked up the item. Restrictions apply. (You want a Sword X to look like Staff Y. So you level up Staff Y. If you try to transform the look of Sword X into Staff Y it will have the stats of Sword X but will be a staff class weapon. So grinding lower level weapons to get their look is a time waster.
Guild master is named Overlord (or similar)
Overlord can create his own Castle (guild housing) in its own instance, can also designate other guild members to be architects
Dark Assembly is made out of vassals of the Supreme Overlord and you will have to convince them through quests/beating the shit out of everyone of them/bribes or just getting lucky into getting everything for your Castle like normal Disgaea.
Creating castles can be done like Minecraft/Terraria where you have to walk around or just have you flying around putting things down.
Overlord's Castle can have player housing, potential auction house, stores, item world portal, lounge area, etc.
Guild housing doubles as a guild dungeon, adding more content to the game with player created dungeons. This is also to make people put effort into their castles to show off how great their castle is.
Grind for materials to build the Overlord's Castle up to huge sizes over time. Dive into the building materials to upgrade them to higher tiers!
All PvP should have some equal rewards and/or incentive
World is not instanced, so world pvp will occur. Take cues from Hillsbrad, Stranglethorn, etc. to create areas where you have to choose one side to agree with (either guild or individual) and you become aligned with that side/town/whatever.
Battleground modes exist like capture the flag, KotH, kill the leader in a giant battle and so on.
Overlord's Castle can have a duel arena. Send your rivals duel challenges and show off your guild arena. Yours and their guild can spectate if they are in the castle (other guild formally invited to watch). Duels are scheduled by both players.
You will have to grind hard to get the highest level of PvP commendations. Only a few will ever reach the top which will have unique rewards.
Though every tier of PvP equipment will have unique rewards the best is obviously at the top.

That's as far as I've gotten thinking about it. Obviously a lot of it requires a lot of balancing, but if you work on it I am sure it would become absolutely crazy and super addictive.

These are inherent to the genre and should be to be honest. As long as the sub fee is being put to use into developing more (good) content instead of the excuse for "server maintenance" and the sub fee is peanuts.

MMOs will never be good again. WoW poisoned the well.

dont link to that shit nigger, everyone should wait for neocron classic to come out, faction lands are fucked in neocron 2

t-there are people who actually believe that?

people who don't know what amazon cloud is

First pic sounds similar to Mortal Online

There are people voting for Hillary. So yes of course there exist some people who are retarded enough to believe in the maintenance cost bullshit.

The day I find a MMO where I could fuck people over with an army of skeletons as a lich is the day I find my dream MMO.

We can only dream of experiencing scenarios like this.

Why do some of you faggots hate skill point levelling so much? Is it because you want your characters to reflect your real life experiences?

Never learning anything new/different from any encounter and instead becoming totally reliant upon better tools/equipment to do the job for you? E.g waifu simulators instead of trying to get an actual girlfriend, or buying a knife instead of learning self defence and working out you realise that if you give a Peasant a sword, then he is still a Peasant, with the addition of wielding a sword. He will still lose 1v1 to someone who is completely naked but knows how to disarm and is well trained etc you useless fucking faggit

chpt.24 never

I too want to be Lord Skellington.

Just checked it out, holy shit how did I not know about this before?

the manga is alright but don't read the novel holy fuck its god dam boring as fuck it literally repeats dam i wanna eat that i wonder how it taste FOREVER i had to stop at day 140

yes

Only MMO that could get me back to play one would be old-school Runescape "clone" but with more modern graphics, gameplay and slightly less grind.

Too bad game like that wouldnt do well these times because majority of people would rather just run couple of shitty dungeons, raids or battlegrounds every now and again than actually create communities to rule the world so to speak, massive and not so massive open world wilderness clan vs clan battles and that kind of stuff.

Get a new dictionary/translator tbh fam your current one is in desperate need of replacement.

Also, I'm desperately sorry for playing video games my lord, I guess I better go kill myself for ever stooping so low as to do such an pitiful misdeed.

Nice try with the pet dog tho my nigga

Honestly I kind of regret some of the things I wrote like the monster/person class skills being mostly exclusive to each other. I was just thinking I'd differentiate them like that at the time.

But most of the things are something I'd stick to. Especially about massive dungeons and party focused stuff.

So… Mortal Online?
It's been in development for an age and a half, and I have yet to try it out again since my initial go around 2010. I might give it a go again though, as it appears that they've done quite a bit, and even better they've stuck to their guns (still not P2W, still skill based combat, player driven, etc).

I want a Shadowrun MMO that is actually true to the universe. I want to be able to choose a decker and spend 100% of my time in the Matrix, which would be a fully-realized world in its own right and not just a single instance or a small "dungeon". i want to be able to play as a rigger and remotely drive a semi through a wall to bust a friendly shaman out of captivity. i want to take player-created runs, put together my own party, and go to FuckerCorp headquarters and hack in, disable their security, get the street samurai to distract their guards and steal something from them.

god i miss shadowrun so much. i just want someone to release something that brings to mind the gritty and unfriendly world that the genesis title showed us, instead of the crisp and clean shit of shadowrun returns or the garbage asshole shitshow that the FPS was

Just give it a better engine, better dungeons, better PvP and a sandbox world, and it would be perfect.

one that makes me feel like i'm doing something with my life

polandball mmo when?

There will never be an updated RO, will there? I wonder what future VR will hold for MMOs.

BRs are why F2P will never be a truly good model. P2P is the only thing that will keep trash out unless someone thinks of a good alternative method.

Most fun I've had in a long time. Running around with frog masks and securing mountain passes

to think the international community got bested by a bunch of 8-15 years old poor mulato kids with nothing better to play fill me with pride for my country

Not really.
The items a mob drops don't have to be great, or in good condition, or in high demand. Add in carry limits and people won't bother carrying shit they don't need.

Really, people need training out of the pack-rat mentality.

Sounds exactly like Haven And Hearth.

Well except permadeath of course.

The actual mechanics of MMOs are meaningless. The dream is a community worth playing with.

Pandora's Box has already been opened. There will never be a community worth playing with again.

rollan

rerolling because i guess having a shit ton of reroll boxes is a good idea

Considering how retarded you guys are, it makes for the most excellent argument against race mixing in existence.

For most people WoW was their first. They'll never understand the glory that was UO.

farming everywhere. Collecting minerals. Crafting, fine tuning every parameters to get a perfect blaster.

Having a REAL fucking night, if you don't turn on your light you see literally nothing. Why no one ever did this after swg ?

UO and L2 had day night cycles

A game that feels like a fun Single Player RPG with real-time multiplayer.
Combat of Dragon's Dogma and Monster Hunter. No filler quests, radiant qests or excessive grinding to pad the game out
No bullshit P2W shit and as far removed from WoW and its clones as possible

and finally to be so fucking good it kills MMOs/WoW clones as they are known today and from then on MMOs are actual fun

Ideal MMO:

Take from GW1

Take from SMT: Imagine

Take from GW2

Throw it all into a blender, set to puree, and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

GW2 says hi. Ascended crafting is bullshit.

As far as roles go, Monks came back as Druids. But it's a shame that all the cool shit from Monks got ruined in the 1>2 transition (e.g. Ray of Judgment going from "Holy Killsat" to "wimpy laser").
The only goofy race introduced was the Sylvari; at least the Charr, Asura, and Norn have history within the games (and no one ever uses the racial skills anyways, so Norn are bigger humans for all intents and purposes). Though my problem with the Charr personally stems more from how much they reek of being WoW Orcs, down to "MUH NOBLE SAVAGES, WE DINDU NUFFIN".

An MMO based on Varg's RPG

OYVEY, SHUT IT DOWN!

Maybe in 20 or so years.

The game has no hacking protection whatsoever. The community is really, really shit. It's very necessary to have a guild, yet people are autistic about it. The top guild, RPK, dominates the entire game.

It's a great concept poorly executed.

A giant npc populated city where the players hunt one another down assassin creed style. Except you are out to rape or be raped. Set your preferences to determine what kind of players you hunt you are trying to rape while protecting your asshole from rapists.

cawgirl and owl-chan a cute

This is some game breaking shit here.

Is there any MMO worth playing right now?

shadowbane

no

yeah, wow has day/night cycles since the beginning, but it's just different color, there is no gameplay added

oh man, it's not christian thing to do

What about the present communities you can find on private servers of older mmos and MUDS also? The people are still out there.

Rolling for qts

The no monthly fee is true is you use the vagabond class

That's a good thing.

Yes.

FFXIV but with much more sandboxy elements and there would be a good balance.

-Hunger/thirst important, which makes cooking relevant
-An empty continent for players to fight over
-A PVE continent for traditional MMO gameplay

I don't think the current themepark MMOs are necessarily bad, they just need to be opened up for more emergent sandbox gameplay.

I forgot this,

everything must be player made,
a better market system that allows short sales, going into debt, etc.

no