Game you can't quite remember thread

Game you can't quite remember thread

So I'm trying to remember an rpg on pc I played a bit of when I was young. It was isometric, had diablo style inventory and you started the game in a castle. It probably came out between early and mid ninties but I'm not sure. I'm also not entirely sure but I think it had spider in the title or subtitle or somewhere on the front of the box.

Other urls found in this thread:

gamefaqs.com/gba/category/173-puzzle
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Spider-Man

Was it a Spiderweb Software game?

I don't think so. It was isometric so it couldn't have been exile and you started by yourself so it couldn't have been nethergate.

Honestly I'm beginning to doubt the spider thing. Its what I always remembered but now I'm not so sure.

There's a game when I was younger and I remember there was a point where there is an npc in this glass box. And you could use a terminal to manipulate his body, like stretch him out or inflate his head. I think it was an FPS. I *think* it might have had zombies in the game too

Spider man

Donkey Kong 64

It was on pc?

Donkey Kong

This was on the original Xbox

was it cthulhu?

Revenant? or Silver?

Maybe time splitters future perfect, it had a whole section that was just a big resident evil parody where you explored a mansion and then went below ground to the secret lab and I remember a scientist was trapped and the room you were in had a terminal you could use to fuck with just like you described and if you pressed the big head option too much he exploded

The Game I can't remember
It was a demo I played at circuit city I can't remember the exact time but it was around when Majoras mask released because I remember I played a demo of it also at that same store. The game was an FPS and you were in an Egyptian(?) themed tomb/dungeon I remember one of the weapons was a sten gun but what scared the shit out of me was that you fought mummies or something like it and you could dismember them and I remember getting spooked finding out that the enemies would get ripped apart fall to the ground and still attack you as a legless torso.

user you are my fucking nigger. I think it is Time Splitters FP

maybe. I'm pretty sure you start in your room in the castle. Definitely wasn't silver.

PowerSlave?

Time Splitters Perfect dark

Fuck I meant Future Perfect

I've asked about this a couple of times before, but I remember my mom had this RTS game I tried playing when I was a kid. It was a sci-fi game, I believe, and one of the factions had scaly lizard-like people, who I think were blue, but I could be wrong. I also remember riding across an alien world on a motorcycle. Or maybe it was a hoverbike. Fuck if I know.

If it was your mom it was probably mass effect

I don't think so the graphics were 3D (It wasn't all that blocky if I remember correctly at least nowhere like final fantasy ps1 games) and the whole game was just a lot more darker in terms of lighting and the enemies were pretty much just humanoids. It was also on pc only I think.

Oh yeah I'm also trying to remember this this variation of mario racing cart game like. It's a PS1 jap game and it has a mini game during loading screen.

Do anyone know what's title of that game?

Will Rock?

You might be thinking of the first time splitters game as well. Did it have a feminine looking robot on the cover, and did the mission start with you choosing either some british stereotype, or some girl?

only saw trailer but it took place on this big space luxury cruiser, there was also car that was jumping through ramps in the main hall of that ship. cant remember more but it is quite old (10-15y)

Back in the day my dad was subscribed to PCMagazine and there was a demo of this game where you controlled some ghosts and had to spook the people in a house. It was like neighbors from hell but isometric. I think one of the ghosts was green but I don't know.

sounds like starcraft 1. Blue lizard people, the protoss do look kind of scaly on the art and one of the main heroes of the human faction was using a unique hover bike.

I don't think so either dismembering or ripping their torso off was fairly easy and very common if you shot the legs

I honestly can't remember that the one thing that did stick to me was that the torsos attacking me scared the shit out of me and all I had was a sten gun and in my retarded underage brain miraculously discovered I had a shotgun and quickly hated it because the mummies would turn into torsos with just a glancing hit so I tried my hardest to get the sten back by mashing the keyboard

I think you are referring to the first Time Splitters, did you have to find a glyph artifact then fight your way back out of the pyramid/temple with robots appearing suddenly. I think there were also mudslimes there to in the beginning

Ghost Master?

I've pretty much run out of FPS with an Egyptian theme from that era. The only other one I know about is Serious Sam, but that one isn't that old.

Oh shit yeah this is it thanks.

What genre was it, and what system was it for?

What system? Was it a racing game?

It was a first person shooter on pc only I think (only ever played it on pc at least)

Man this sucks. I tried revenant and it was really cool but it just runs so badly, weird interface bugs, constant crashing, horrible controls. Wish it was on PS1 it feels like it would play better emulated and with a controller.

Was it dungeons and dragons: Dragonshard?

I think it was for the PS3.

you must be mistaken then

What are you implying?

All I remember from this game was that it is a top down shooter. Not a bullet hell from what I remember. I know the first level had you fly through a city with some turrets shooting at you. One of the splash screens had Poseidon. I played it back in like 2002 on my computer, but I'm pretty sure the game is older than that.

Its not revenant

2005 was 11 years ago mate, as well as that the definition of "kid" isn't set in stone. I'd consider anyone 14 or younger to be a kid.

Posting this even though I'm almost certain nobody will know the game I'm describing, mostly because I post it on every "Game you can't remember" thread. It's a kids game, PC point and click. You were a boy who stopped at a mansion because he was getting rained out, the welcome mat collapses beneath him and leads him into a dungeon, gets experimented on and turned into a weird looking monster kid. He stores his items in his briefs, his partner through the game is a brain in a jar, and he eats the items in his inventory, changing his properties (kinda like how kirby eats things and then gains powers, but temporarily) and solving puzzles. I also distinctly remember a guard who was a big cat that you had to kill 9 times by eating cat related objects. That's all I can remember, please help, I don't even want to play this game, it's just been bothering me for so long and I want to make sure I'm not fucking crazy and didn't just make it up, but the memories of it are so vivid that I'm sure that can't be it… Also, it had a very cartoony art style.

Should be clear: the brain doesn't eat items, the monster kid main character does.

RTS that came out a LONG time ago.

About the same time as Age of Empires 1 or Starcraft 1

It had mechs, that looked like Star wars AT-STs

Used a requisition system and also random cards that were basically commander abilities.

I'm pretty sure it was it's own IP.

it is some hack and slash action rpg with an isometric view. pre rendered 3d like diablo 1 and 2. there seems to be a great emphasis on mobility and dodging attacks.

It was a game set in some exploration of alien civilization, in space, going from planets solving puzzles. Graphics were very good so it must have been recent. There was some underlying story but I don't remember. One point there was some health deteriorating water or some shit. Full 3D, First Person perspective. It looked like it could be cool and semi-comfy but I don't fucking remember what it was. I also watched it on a stream while half asleep, so that probably doesn't help.

Shit I have one. It was an early 3d acceleration game. Came out around the same time around the same time as GTA2, and Future cop. Might have even been on a demo disk with them, I can't remember.

Anyway, you are some Lady, maybe a cop, and the demo, I think, you where in a mall, and for some strange reason there was a guy WHO WILL CUT YOUR FUCKING FACE OFF. I think there was a shit fuck top of god damn swearing. I remember you could die and the deaths where usually pretty graphic for that era.

Early 3d graphics, and I think the backgrounds might have been just pictures like Resident evil style.

There where people in the mall too I think.

silver?

This is an old PC game, not sure how old, probably +15 years old.

It was arkanoid on drugs, with lots of power-ups, it even featured bosses, I only remember fighting one, and you had to shoot him swords.

Any idea?

Ricochet?

After all these years i'am still looking for that one game i played in 2010. The game was a worms clone but played from third person, each player had a turn. It had furry like characters that you could pick from and all i can remember that you destroyed some totems as part of the tutorial and then you had to kill one npc. Any info would be grateful.
pic unrelated

Drakkhen
or Summoner maybe

If you're misremembering about mid-90's, it's almost definitely one of the Avernum games by Spiderweb Software (or one of their other series').

I played this game either on windows 98 or on XP, but it could have been a port from an arcade game. It was a 2D side scrolling beat em up set in ancient China. It had 3 characters and one of them was a fat guy (a pig?) with a red bo staff. Some of the levels included mountains, a cave and one where you approach some chinese mansion or castle. There were urns you could smash to get food for hitpoints. I think you could charge up some sort of energy bar to release a stronger combo as well.

I like it quite a bit and it would be fun to replay it.

I want to remenber a game, only things I remenber is:

-It was first person, and I thing (not sure) that there were weird creatures, like dinosaur/kangaroo beings.

-If you died, a cutscene of an island or landmass exploding appeared

3rd person shooter and PC (maybe consoles)

i thought of that, but i dont think any of spiderwebs games have "diablo inventories", and certainly not in any of the exile/avernum games.
in diablo each item in your backpack took up a different amount of physical space, instead of having weight assigned to it.

It wasn't any of spiderwebs games. I've checked.
I want to say that you were a prince and you started in your room and maybe someone talked to before you could leave. Also I think the equipment menu looked pretty close to that revenant pic above where you can see the whole body and and each slot was around it.

I remember a game I played on a ps2 demo disc where you flew a futuristic gunship around a battle field. It seemed cool because there were a lot of robots and tans and shit fighting on the ground and I was providing air support. I'm trying to find an image of the menu of that demo disc to try and establish a time frame

Played a game at a cousins house years ago. it was on the PS2 I think, and was a third-person action game. You were in a computer world or something and your character could switch between 3 different forms, one of them was a big tank type. I remember it had a lot of puzzles involving not walking on certain tiles and looked like a megaman knockoff, assuming it wasn't one

If you can't find it, go to /r/tipofmyjoystick

It was tetris, but with dorfs (or was it gnomes?). It was for the GBA. The twist was that you didn't necessarily want to clear lines of blocks all the time as you were still making "buildings" and needed a suitable fortress. The stages were different time eras and different difficulties.

Its got to be somewhere here
gamefaqs.com/gba/category/173-puzzle

There was this weird game I played on the ps2 yeas ago.

It was in the present and you played as the military and it involved you fighting dragons.

I can't remember it for the life of me.

Alright I think I got it. If it was anything, it was seige of avalon chapter one. Which was actually released in 2000 but i figured it was older because of the graphics.

Is this it?

Reign of Fire?

Besides the mall part, it sounds vaguely like one of the Clock Tower games.

Holy shit!

Thank you so fucking mutch! that's that game I was talking about.

Yes! Thank you.

All right here me out there's this game I can't remember, PLEASE HELP!!!!!

I was young at my cousins house and he had this game where you played as a boy or a girl and went on an adventure in a 2D/3D environment, you collected animal coins along your journey that gave you the power of that animal… It had a anime feel to it or maybe it didn't, it was on the playstation…

Anybody know what I'm talking about?

I know this is a shitty description but, I'll try my best.

It's a third person action game that was on the ps2, the into cutscene was in in a building (in hell I think) and you play as a man with no skin and fight people using swords.

I can barely remember it because I played it on my older brothers modded ps2.

An old edutainment game, that either took place in an underwater lab or a submarine. The only one of the minigames I remember was using the periscope to match shapes. Every time you completed a game you got a fish for an aquarium in the center with the ultimate goal being to collect 20 of them in order to obtain a clownfish

Could be Shadowman 2

It was a racing game for the N64. This is what I remember.

Holy fuck, that's the game I was talking about!

I haven't seen it in years. My dad got it for him when he went to indonesia. I thought I would never be able ot see it again.

Was it Serious Sam 1?

A character action game where you could change the color of blood any time you wanted. was for the ps2 I think Also had nanomachines.

There this eurofag flash game sight that I used ot go to when I was a kid.

It had a series of games where you had to set things up to piss off someone as much ass possible.

There was a santa version and you had to piss him off so he would do something to the people in the house.

Nanobreaker

Holy fuck, thanks fam.

It was an educational math game install on my public school's computers as a kid. All the characters where transparent geometrical shapes that reminded me of jello.

You'd run around an alien/futuristic hub world walking to each building that contained a math game, the only game I could vaguely remember is one where you go around a grey/futuristic maze and solve math questions to progress.

Gizmos and gadgets?

Disregard this apparently I'm an illiterate nigger who cant read.

Ok, here's one:

Anyone have a clue what this might have been called?

Son of a double nigger, of course I manage to find the name of it right after I post

>All those (((names)))

Was it Dank Planet battle for natrolis? Had lizard people space Marines and NotTyranids had very early 3D graphics

That's a comfy game. Kinda like Diablo.

I very vaguely remember playing this game at a friend's place. It was on his PS1 and it was a racing game. All I remember is that you raced cars and it had powerups. Like one of them was a tornado. It also had this grungy atmosphere.

I can't remember anything else for the life of me though

Extreme-G

Rise of the Kasai?

Math Blaster? Or some shitty Korean rip off of Math Blaster?

Sounds like pic related.

A lot of older games I remember playing but can't remember the name off were shareware titles, are there any sites that could be useful in my search of them? Mobygames probably won't list them.

I posted this in the flash thread already but i'll post it again here since it's not getting much traction.

It was a top down car game where you pretty much had to out run and avoid all the other cars on the road. The further you got the more points would rack up and the scenery would also change. You could get three power ups which were, natural gas, oil and I think fire maybe. It was 3d-ish. Looks like Spy Hunter on the Nes. You collected powerups by going into the back of trucks.

Could be War Wind.

More details please. There are dozens of obscure RTS games from that era.

West Adventure? It's a DOS game though.

Neighbours from Hell?

oh shit

Yes, you're right! Thank you!

wtf is this muffet from undertale???
where are here extra eyes and arms?
shit art

It wasn't a console game. It was just a flash game.

It was on PC too.

I remember a game I played at a very young age. It was in German for some reason. It was 2D, isometric-kinda view. There was an island with various furry creatures that you could slap around, drown etc. I don't know what was the point of the game, I just remember I enjoyed abusing cute animals. Anyone?

Ok, but the game I was talking about was flash. I have no idea where to find it.

By "very young age" I mean somewhere around 1995-2000 era. I don't remember, so the game itself could even be older (the 2D graphics were pretty though).

Trying to remenber an old 2D animation game.

I think it was either an interactive book/game story, or it was educative game.

It was about an anthrmorphic female camel of white color, who had a daughter, who wears a hijab.

Im trying to remember a trailer actually for a possible vita or 3ds game that is coming out. The trailer was really colorful and the gameplay you use social media through some twitter like clone. Essentially the main character was this kinda cool looking Spike guy without the afro and he is a shitposter. I think it might be being made by Marvelous. Its driving me insane to remember.

I remember this, it was one of the more popular flash games back in the day IIRC. Did you scour through old flash websites for car games?

RC Revenge?

I remember a point and click adventure game starring a young brown haired wich

The game had a mechanic in wich you carried a cauldron and you mixed different items to create magical potions, the cauldruon had a flush chain for when you fucked up a recipe, and most ingredient items usually respawned if you needed them to progress and missused them

I just cant remeber the name of the game and i have a very difficult time finding it on that description alone

Nope, there was no other characters than geometrical shapes and you never could see your character

I remember playing this one christian game in at a store kisok back in the 90's it was a ripoff of a link to the past with puzzles that required you to look up passages in a irl bible.
I just want confirmation this game actually existed and I didn't imagine it.

Parasite eve?

It's not even Muffet from garbagetale though, it's a warhammer thing.

I remember a few years ago struggling to find this one Toonami rpg browser game I played a long ass time ago as a kid, but I searched for it just now and found it.

But I can't get it to play - It just tells me "A plugin is needed to display this content". I'm assuming it's flash, but I've already got flash.

Spiritual Warfare?

Old Macintosh/Appple Computer educational game.

All I remember if is was kinda isometric. You controlled a person who walked around into domes to do math puzzles to clear worlds. Each world was basically the same with a different color palette.

Played Math mountain, number muncher, & Oregon trail around this timeframe at the same school.

user, I think we're thinking of the exact same game.

Outer wilds?

There was a 3d Worms. Worms Forts: Under Siege IIRC.

Sounds like one of the Twisted Metal series, or the spinoff Twisted Metal Small Brawl.

There Was Also Worms 3D and worms 4 mayhem, check dem

There was a game I saw talked a small amount here and it seems to have disappeared.
If I remember correctly the title had something along the lines of "without vegetables" in it and it was marketed/sold as some humble bundle or something, and never went anywhere beyond that. Does anybody have any clues?

Ok here's one that has been bothering me for a while

graphics looked pretty dated last time i played it i was on WinXP so probably a game released between 1995-2000

[First] game I am looking for was a weird space/moon/planet landscape game where you had to visually scan an environment and look for very things moving then you click them to advance.

[Second] game was missile city defense game where you had to shoot explosive devices up into the sky and they explode destroying incoming missiles and the city you are protecting was also your hp if I recall correctly.

[Third] was an archery game that I don't remember much about other then it was very hard and there was green fucking every where I remember a little red too.

These games were all on the same computer and possibly came from the same game disk. Any help would be appreciated, because I wouldn't even know where to start looking.

The Precursors?

Shockwave?

2nd is some sort of Missile Command knockoff, probably.

Yeah, to no avail of course. I'll do it again to make sure.

there was one game on (((kongregate)))
its name was something like "5Five" i think maybe

it was a turn-based strategy game with robots
most of the characters were realaly similar to tf2 classes
there was specifically a scout-like one and a sniper-like one that had bios that said they were musican and an artist, respectively

the gameplay was generic turn-based strategy stuff that i can't even remember very well

there was a shooting range minigame
most of the game's color pallete was gray

Top-down/isometric twin stick shooter which someone posted in a webm thread a month ago or something. The colour palette was very green (medical green, like in a hospital) and most of the enemies were robots. The levels were super abstract, to the point they were just cubes which would flip out and rearrange themselves when the level geometry changed, which happened several times per minute.

I remember the user who posted the videos explaining what the game was, but I never looked it up properly.

Pretty sure those webm's were from Assault Android Cactus.

That's exactly it. Thank you.

Still can't find this anywhere.

It's 3D JRPG I played a demo of on PS1/PS2. Battles were random. During battle your party would run in circles around the enemy, and there were guns. Party members also had overworld skills, like this one guy who could throw spinning cards and another who threw bombs.
I think it might've been a Wild Arms game, but I can't put my finger on it.

No, it wasn't that. The models/textures were much higher poly/higher res.

an old 90s maybe early 2000 pc game. It was a shooter and the characters kind of looked like invader zim kind of. Each one had its own kind of special ability or shooting mechanism.

I remember a game my dad used to play years back. I recently asked him what game that was, but I was unable to remember. It was some sort of game that really looked like Command and Conquer, the same top-down view, military units you had to move around and some kind of territory control. Anyone from the /rtsg/ that is able to help?

You've pretty much narrowed it down to the RTS genre.
Anything else you can remember?

Nope, that's it. The only thing I do remember is that units would always have a red or blue-colored accent.

Jackie Chan Adventures?

No idea but it sounds cool. Good luck user

I've posted in every one of these threads for the past year and no one's responded to me

maybe I'm just crazy

I also remember shitty escort missions

Tonka construction or something along those lines maybe?

Possibly Dune 2000.

Could be Tenchu 1/2 , if not, you'll need to give more gameplay or aesthetic hints.

Alright one more, there was this really fun pc game where you were a cat or a mouse mouse where you had to either catch the mouse or the cat, this one I think is pretty easy it was top down and I think it came with the pc perhaps a native windows free game, I tried looking for this one but got no luck all the results are for random unrelated shit.

BUMPING THESE REQUESTS. SECOND GAME WAS FOUND I WILL APPRECIATE YOU FOREVER IF YOU HELP ME FIND THESE GAME. THEY ARE A FEW OF MAYBE 20 GAME I HAVE EVER PLAYED THAT I ACTUALLY ENJOYED AND HAD FUN WITH.

That seems to be pretty much exactly what you said. Thank you.

That's Net High.

Underage retard detected,