Pistol, shotgun, mp and assault rifle

Why do modern shooters think that this + maybe the odd RPG or sniper rifle is a good weapon selection?

What about actually *fun fun fun* weapons like I remember from Turok 2? One of my favourite games from my childhood and not only, because I am nostalgic, but it had a really *fun fun fun* weapon arsenal.

Even Half Life 2, which is cited as le bestest shooter, has a rather medicore weapon arsenal. Their most interesting weapon could only be use in a scripted set piece and If I didn't do everything exactly like valve wanted from me and missed the first bunker, I would be completly left without the alien scitters.

Why don't want developers us to have fun with a diverse set of weapons?

I want dat sound in my games again. I am popping a boner by just thinking about it.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/gOMNK
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because muh realism and lack of creativity
Fucking FEAR had a railgun with removed the flesh off your bones, an automatic cannon, and a nailgun

Modern devs are lazy. Modern gamers are lazy. Neither side wants to implement or play with "complicated" stuff. They want nice, safe weapon choices.

I mean, you might as well ask why level design is so shit in modern shooters. Remember that HL2 story of the playtester who ran in circles?

I had the censored German version. I've never ever seen the Cerebreal bore in action myself only from other youtube video relatively recently.

I am going to wait for the remaster to replay the game.

currently playing FEAR for the first time, now THAT are some really cool weapons

Yeah, the levels in Turok are gigantic compared to modern ones. What do you mean with running in circles?

did he manage to backtrack all the way to the first part of the game? Because I always wanted to try that sometime.

i don't think it's 100% possible, but maybe for half of the game?

Im sure somebody has the fully story but if I recall correctly, in the dev commentary for the game they mention a cave system that had two paths, one of which would just lead back to the entrance. The tester kept taking the wrong path and ran in circles. They then removed the optional tunnel.

Because retarded modern gamers and lazy devs, of course.

Bulletstorm is the last FPS with a innovative weapon arsenal and you have to kill creative. Check it out.

Because those "diverse" weapons are shitty gimmicky copies of pistols, shotguns, smgs, snipers, rls, etc.

In Half-Life Episode 2, you go into the antlion caves for a while. The caves were originally designed to be more maze-like, but they simplified it due to a single playtester who just didn't fucking realise he was running in a circle for an hour or so.

Playtesters have ruined the complexity of "popular" gaming. Also in the Portal 2 dev commentary they talk about simplifying about every single puzzle because playtesters didn't pass quick enough.

this

Take your shit bait to cuckchan or wherever you crawled out from.

I totaly forget them. The Resistance games on the ps3.

I can sort of understand that if ever tunnel looks the same and there is no graphical variety. But it's a tad silly.

alright calm down, I am going to watch your video

Yeah lemme just put this plasma rifle in Project Reality this will be just fine

Fucking hate this stupid shit.

another thing, why does ever single shooter now play in "modern day plus"?

Turok 2 each level was different, with their own unique level design and monsters.
There was no brown or orange filter permanently making everything look like shit. And the levels were huge!

And the enemies. You had everything from humanoid dinosaurs, to actual dinosaur (only thing missing really was a big t-rex). You had gorilla manlet giants, alien insectoids, robots and a sort of demonic race with highly advanced technology.

And what does your battlefield have?

Fuck off, I want my Turok back. Give me some fucking diverse enemy design and I don't mean to just add black men to the factions of the German Kaiserreich or Britain and essentially make an alternative ww2 scenario = ww1 as the burgerfats understand it.

Oh about that:

Fuck you for defiling our history to just make another shitty ww2 scenario, isntead of actually simulating what ww1 was like.

To this day, I'm still dying to know who that playtester was so I can personally call him a casual faggot that needs to git gud as much as humanly possible.

Playtesters area big part of the cancer.

archive.is/gOMNK

At some point SOMEBODY must have thought "Maybe our testers are really that stupid?" but I'm sure the suits had a big say in how to handle retarded tester feedback.

I think we've all read playtester stories or testimonials around the web, and the main theme seems to be that having ever played a video game in your life is not one of the required boxes to check when applying.

I like how when you pump people full of lead in UT with the minigun they stand in place and take it after they die until you stop shooting.