Arena Shooter general

Arena Shooter general
ITT we talk about the last few non casual FPS released or upcoming.

epicgames.com/unrealtournament/

toxikk.com/

playmidair.com/

Anyone up for playing UT4?

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/id/amigarules/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

How do people deal with that shit? I make a lot of micro-adjustments and they frequently end up interpreted as a dodge.

By not being a fidgety little bitch thinking "micro-adjustments" are gonna save them like this is fucking counter strike or something.

Stupid asshole.

Now you made me think of fast.

Arena shooters are dead.

I prefer the way Toxikk does dodging and lets me use shift+direction, because my keyboard is kind of shitty and I cannot double-tap to dodge consistently

I disable it and set dodge to shift

I think it's a more common problem than people recognize, probably because they're awful and don't really care that that their movement was misinterpreted. If I had to guess I'd say the people ok with double tap mechanics are console gamers who are used to terrible controls that second-guess what the player meant.

Can you play Midair yet?

Yes, the people that played UT99 and UT2k3/2k4 back in the day were clearly console gamers.
It's not you that is the problem, it's literally everyone else on the planet.

You're one of those people that just wasn't beaten the shit out of enough as a child, aren't you?
What a gigantic faggot you grew up to be.

I really hope Midair doesn't fuck up. I want to go fast again

Krall are the sexiest

Dead but not quite buried yet. There's 2 releases coming up next year that look like they might actually have a chance of making a slight revival. Although if neither of them pan out, I'm ready to call the genre a lost cause.

Speaking of, how do people think Diabotical will turn out? Will it have a decent-sized community, or will it not even outdo ql's current population? I'm a bit hopeful that having an actual "name" of some sort to drag in people from other genres will help, but everything still seems pretty shaky.

I'm still waiting for Open Arena 3 to come out before jumping back in to this genre.

I'm sick of team based mechanics where everybody gets to feel like they're doing something.

I have some hope for it considering The GD studio is a pretty well known name around twitch and memesports and whatnot, so it probably has the advertising and the visibility aspect of it covered.
What troubles me is how it will play. I don't know who the devs are and I doubt James and his knowledge of quake and arena shooters would translate well into actually making one.

I knew this place was owned by a jew but jesus christ.

There are people playing it. I guess it's in early access or some shit like that.

You're overthinking it. We can't really sustain several threads when even one thread isn't moving forward. If we have several threads they're all just going to sit there until they expire with noone posting in any of them.

i want to put bombs on people, and then launch them into the air and detonate them. what game is for me?

user that thread was bait from the beginning. the focus was never on arena shooters. ive no doubt this thread will be filled with a slow trickle of interesting discussion

OW is my first PC shooter
If Overwatch is so bad, I will REALLY like Unreal Tournament right? I'm training my aim in OverWatch every day to get good, and I feel like it's going to waste because I have to fill every game.

consider sudoku

Seriously?

You're full of shit.
The thread was either talking about arena shooters, or a bunch of retards bitching that OP insulted their precious games in passing. Any posts specifically targeted at cuckwatch faggots were few an far between, and typically in response to the myriad of crybabies.

It is, which is worrisome.

Heretics need to be purged.

Good thread, I'm going to look into these tomorrow

Projecting pretty hard there, user.

Toxikk has 15$ aimbot cheats and wallhacks just google it.

New UT is shit.

I'm the guy who originally shilled midair here. It's shit. Original tribes was shit too compared to the other shooters at the time. Only thing it had going for it was you could play it on a modem thanks to the netcode. Quakeworld would allow you to play quake on a modem so fuck tribes.

UT2004 is shit.
UT99 is a great game but shit compared to quake 3. Quake 3 is a great game but shit compared to quakeworld. Quakeworld is the lord.

you claim it wasnt a bait op, but you remember everyone falling for it.

Jesus Christ, you must be 15 at most or a master baiter. Anyways, the new UT is pretty fucking good. It's one of the easier arena shooters to get into because UT focuses a lot more on smaller, tight areas. Advance movement is also pretty much limited to keys and items in the game, whereas something like Quake and especially with CPMA have special techniques in order to achieve crazy stunts. Even so, almost every gun has a secondary function allowing for more variety and strategy than Quake and, because of this, has a skill ceiling just as high. It's a very different game than Overwatch, though.

not to mention more varied game modes, some maps even have vehicles on them to completely change the flow of the game.

By that logic anything that garners a large response is bait, in whatever way you want to twist it.
They were oversensitive retards crying "just make a thread for arena shooters then" when "how about we talk about arena shooters instead" was right in the OP and conversation went on all around them about arena shooters.
A few of them is backbone actually admitted their fuck up and started talking.

*them with

its bait because it was daring such responses.

obligatory

I unironically think Halo 5 is good, does that make me a faggot?

At the very least if you are unfortunate enough to be stuck with windows 10 like I am i'd say it's worth an install to check out since it's free anyways.

Overwatch is a class shooter, not a arena shooter.

How are you stuck with wangblows 10? W7 .isos are very easy to find on any torrent site.

Can I pirate and play online?

It's free, user.

So anyone up for a game?
Just say what server hub and we can join.

You have some amazing shit taste

I will always laugh at that clip.

Anybody still playing warsow?

I tried picking up Tribes again after they made that update a few months back, it was still dead as fuck.

Sad.

Post some more than.
Those are pretty much the only 3 that are newish.

Aren't games like Midair and Tribes a different genre than Arena FPS? I think it's supposed to be called called "FPS-Z" or something.

Arena shooters are dead and never coming back. I never liked Tribes Ascend and didn't play the series back in the old days either, bought one of the shitty ones like 04-06 and it was dead online so I played it for about 2 minutes. Midair looks fun, and I love the presentation style. Simple styles are more accurate to what 2000~ FPS games really looked like. I want to play Midair right now, give me download. They should have a pirate version of the kikestarter release available right or is it through a jew login system to play online?

Yeah but they are similar in that they are both skill based unlike most other FPS genres and most who like one like the other.

All we need is one to release with advertising behind it.

i play open arena and q3 cpma

steamcommunity.com/id/amigarules/

Occasionally. Got bored of being stomped constantly though and I hate the walljump mechanic because if you make a mistake just walljump instead of losing all your speed.

24 hour peak - 925
Average players last 30 days - 525
Far from thousands, cunt.

Holy shit you are retarded.

Still more than all AFPS games combined.

Peak last 30 days was 1001, it's losing players each month.