The inventor of the rotary engine was our guy. Takahashi is our guy

Imagine my face when car site Jalopnik's virtue signalling article has finally convinced me to go Wankel rotary for my first drift machine.

These articles only make me want rotary engines even more.

Also, as of today, the author (((Raphael))) as 1488 followers.

web.archive.org/web/20171108051927/https://jalopnik.com/finally-a-definitive-explanation-why-rotary-engines-ar-1126677613

web.archive.org/web/20171108052024/https://jalopnik.com/the-inventor-of-the-rotary-engine-was-a-nazi-nutjob-1030379772

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-cwImtQw3WA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Cool but old.

I remember finding those around the time I bought my FB, it gave me a good chuckle.

make sure your drift missile shoots flames OP, I wont forgive you if it doesn't.

roger

Get a manual vehicle, /o/. You want to ride the wastes, when the EMP hits.

I'm 21, all I've driven is manual.
I really fucking hate automatics, and not just from a complexity/survival standpoint.

I'm planning on replacing my beat to shit b3000 with a jdm silvia. they are pretty damn cheap these days. That's gonna be a daily, and manual.

I'm looking to start drifting, and have been looking into it actively for around 6 months. I know that will have to be a manual.
When I have a daily car that I can actually appreciate and to drive around, I won't have to worry about my drift missile being in the garage for repairs/replacements/mods.

Pretty excited to get into it! This B3000 was heavily abused by the last owner, so I want it off my hands ASAP.

Plus, since it's a drift car, it must be manual.

I'm talking manual, as in no electric parts period. No tuning computer, anti-theft lock, electric steering, etc.

Cool beans but I'm not too concerned about driving around a race car in the apocalypse.

It's not like I only want two cars.

Yeah a third vehicle that's all analogue sounds great as a third option, but it's also going to be project on its own.

Thanks for the heads up. I live in Utah, so the mormons inside/outside of my extended family are pretty obsessed with preparedness (including analogue jalopniks built to run on siphoned fuel from abandoned highway/city cars and cool from mineral oil in old transformers). The minimalist car is definitely something I'd be interested in, just not atm.

no worries, I plan on keeping the 12A or an NA 13B if anything bad happens to the 12A and a carb, stuck with coil packs as it is gasoline. I have nearly no use for a 6BT 12 valve Ram even if they are super cool emp exempt tanks.

Nazis are the reason man landed on the moon too. Maybe "progressive" fucks and popscientists should stop praising it because muh nazis.

Your post seems self contradictory and I don't understand what it is supposed to convey.

Post more cars he's responsible for.

I really fucking hate normies.

It's a no-joke, at this rate, user. You don't want to be on your feet, all of the sudden, when SHTF. A good car in the end will keep you smiling, especially when your friend acts turret from the passenger's seat on some undesirables.

There's an 87 Rx7 for salen for 3600 benched att 412
A bit expensive though because it needs some fixing before passning inspection

There is no such thing as absolute security, but that is the antithesis to security. Occam's razor suggests to me that complex machinery in a collapsed civilization is a burden. MG's are pricey AF, and are a support weapon. A few rednecks with bolt action rifles and optics and wreak havoc if need be. They can also defend their group far better that one heavy ass MG can.

Don't really give a shit if it turns into Warhammer 40,000k. Not my problem.
I'm happy you care so much. So be it.
This thread is about a drift missile. You are pretty off base my friend.

will apex seals exist after the apocalypse?

Except no matter how many shitskins there are, a white could take down ten of them, at once. You're thinking too dower about this. Long distances in the rural regions will be hard to cover on foot alone, and tired soldiers are no good for combat. Mobilise your infantry, because a cavalry charge is very much outdated.

TFW I drive a '91Toyota 4x4.

**>EMP

Oh boy! A rare /p-/o/-l/ thread!

Nothing sounds better than a race ported rotary. Nothing.

Go back to reddit, cunt.

GAS GAS GAS

Wankel engines sucks, it fucking burn oil like a two stroke engine. The concept is nice and all but Otto/diesel conventional engine beats wankel any day.

Most automatic cars will work just fine after an EMP as long as it is a vacuum operated transmission and has no computers in it to run any injectors/EFI components if it didn't use carburetors (A Volvo 240 comes to mind, designed in the 70's and didn't change much until it died in 1993). You might have an issue with fragile ignition components.

Best car for surviving EMP would be a diesel with a mechanical fuel pump and injectors. Can be manual or automatic if it is operated with vacuum pressure you stupid fucking nigger.

Like, who fucking cares though?

The person who gets to put "Nazi" in their article's title, for any reason whatsoever. It's clickbait for the easily pandered to, that's all.

Forgive my naivety but I have been told that hey lose a lot of fuel in the combustion process/ Are extremely in-efficient in comparison to the more traditional set-ups. Is this true?

(Okay, nevermind…. Read the article) but why is it that the effiency is so much worse than your normal piston and sleeve? Is it due to a sealing issue or just a large amount of fuel/air.

Automatic is for lazy or older people. I don't know a single person who drives one, but not in the US. Actually kek'd hard at a YT channel of a guy who teaches yanks how to shift. Not your fault, just sad. See it as pro on your side.

Will not sleep until I own one of the last V8 interceptors for Mel's sake - RE: His first movie

They're making a supercar, the Mazda RX-9 with a modernized Wenkel engine.
They promise incredible rotations, extreme power to small size and all that without the previous flaws of the old Wenkels.
Let's see and wait if they will indeed deliver.

I miss my Nissan.

This is a different level. We need to take an interest back into these things again.

rotaries are an odd engine that don't really fall into normal categories so don't feel bad about your lack of knowledge.
yes this happens, it's mainly due to the fact that the combustion chamber if you can call it that, it's more so the combustion area. moves with the explosion. there's a leading and trailing spark plug on Mazda's engines in the attempt to have a cleaner burn. it's more of an issue at higher RPMs as the fuel cannot burn fast enough in the engine to get a clean, full burn within it. rotaries are known to produce a lot of after fire due to this flaw.
this is the 'exact reason Mazda stopped production, keeping emissions within regulation was getting far to difficult with these engines.
if I take an 1985 RX7 with a carbureted 12a as an example, even with all the emissions trash, air pump, cat, etc, still got 28MPG highway rating in USA out of a 1143cc engine that was rated at 100HP/ftlbs. not terrible, not great. add in a turbo and it just makes the fuel consumption worse. if you get on it the engine is very thirsty.
it's the latter and a bit of the former.
if you take the rated displacement of a rotary and double it, that's roughly the size of a piston engine you would need to match the rotaries airflow. that's how it's classified in many motorsports
as far as a sealing issue goes you do loose some compression due to the fact the rotor has to pass over both spark plugs while that rotor face is compressing the air/fuel mixture. add in all the seals and I'm sure there's a measurable amount of compression loss much in the same way turbo/supercharged/nitrous cars need to run a wider ring gap to survive, turbo rotaries do the same but with the various seal end gaps.

I'm no expert though, so keep that in mind.

240s started using EFI in the 80s. They sourced their systems from at least three different companies. I don't know how it would do against EMP, but they are generally surrounded by a lot of steel and a bitch to get to in Volvos.

Thanks user, don't worry. I learnt something more. Thought you may find vid related interesting - albeit nigger-rigged. Interesting video you posted though - always saw the diagrams but never in real life, just such a weird design. What's the wear and tear on a setup like this? I can't imagine that triangle being able to stay healthy especially at the RPM's it's doing? Don't mean to sound like a dumbass but It just seems so bloody fucking strange. I'm not very good at auto engines, more aligned to the 2-stroke motorcycle master-race - spoilered.

The beauty starts at 1:08 youtube.com/watch?v=-cwImtQw3WA

Thanks for the insights though, always liked the RX7. Will always root for the underdog. Can't believe countries are getting cucked for emission and noise laws… I heard they're doing this in the EU as well these days. Saffa so can't tell the difference. Anyhow. Thanks for the info, impressive power to weight ratio, pity the design hasn't been improved on yet. Interesting but somehow makes me anxious. It's hard to believe that moving metal can move at the speed it does - scary almost.

if they're well maintained and get sufficient lucubration through the OMP (oil metering pump) or through oil in the fuel, premixed like a 2 stroke, they can last a long while. turbo ones, and the renesis engines in the RX8, are a bit iffy due to varying issues.
also keep in mind it takes three rotations of the eccentric shaft to get one revolution of the rotor.
engine at 3,000RPM, rotor is as 1000RPM and so on.

so many of them die due to idiot/ignorant owners, hooners, overheating, and carbon buildup on the seals