Monster Hunter thread /mhg/

MHX/G DOWNLOADS

If you scan the last three pics with a home-brewed 3ds with the latest version of FBI, you can download and install the JP, EU, or NA versions respectively directly from Nintendo's eShop servers.

EU CIA:

Part 1 mega.nz/#!cMZjmKyB!Ih4WLf_0JmEUyuvzEnssxZnVT8wT4TWi0a-DqH36UNo

Part 2 mega.nz/#!BNwEULQY!t0u9QPj1YTTo8ORMQxjEEWMHtOvnHTS46qz5s4HwwNg

US CIA:

mega.nz/#!QY0HSCyA!KbEN_nQAwVxFK06OF7j754faYzbvf3YSbGBwyW3DPaY

password:TheDoctorIsIn

EU AND US SHARE ONLINE SERVERS, STOP ASKING

Resources:

>Weapon tutorials and more: youtube.com/channel/UCT84SVapAfSSD_iMfpKbFbA/videos

>Information on item droprates, skills, monsters, etc: kiranico.com/en/mh4u

>MH Wiki: monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Monster_Hunter_Wiki

>MH4U Relic Chart: i.imgur.com/KJezI7p.png

>MH4U Relic Chart Detailed version: i.imgur.com/qwPzsnw.png

>MH4U Relic Spreadsheet: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-oyh86FG6V4-T5zegGIZuX0b-_tyy7_TIe8Wv8jkfZE/htmlview?pli=1&sle=true#gid=1520165799

>MH4U Moveset Charts: imgur.com/a/oPuKD

>MH4G to MHX Weapon Changes: docs.google.com/document/d/1T6stg2wlCnHdwUUVZxN4Yc0E9wcAaCJHHNA-qOQSMJs/edit?pref=2&pli=1#

>How many times will I have to hunt in order to get _?: desiresensor.com/

>Ping's MH4G Dex: sites.google.com/site/pingsdex/pingsmh4gdex

>Athena's ASS for MH4G and MH4U: forums.minegarde.com/topic/7348-athenas-ass-for-mh4g-and-mh4u/

>Attack Stat Stack Chart: i.imgur.com/sSRW7q6.png

>Kinsect Flowchart: i.imgur.com/wD2OUug.png

>Kinsect Ingredients list: i.imgur.com/qf79jKs.png

>Arena Armor Recipes and Requirements : pastebin.com/kvLN7Fni

>Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/8chmohun

>Hunting Music: monhun.corgiorgy.com/

-Positioning is key, how you position yourself is more important than your efficiency (unless you're playing with a group that is explicitly speedrunning shit).
People playing with you will have a better time if you position yourself propely and understand your weapon moveset and trip potential, instead of just planting your fat ass on a spot and shitting out DPS without giving a fuck about anyone else around you.

-If you plan on playing with other people, finding a local group to play IRL with will be hundreds of time more fulfilling than playing online.
Spend the time and effort to either build a local group, or join a local circle of people playing MH with each other, it will be worth it compared to slaving your days away pairing up with random shitters on the internet, je suis monté faggots, and dank meme addicted spergy obnoxious Holla Forumstards.

"Why" you ask "we need this guide when there is a lot of guides out there on the internet?" "It's because" I say "every other guide is a retarded piece of crap based on how author was pulling shit out of his ass, thus even the factual information turns into a smelly pile of garbage."
Do note, I haven't done an extensive research to cover every aspect of this, but I've gathered enough information to make it at least practical, way more than anything you could find on the internet. What I mean by this is there may be actually a better location for sniping than misty peaks for example.

Now, what do you have to keep in mind:
1.1) Amount of loaded in npcs affects the movement of the rng value. In pretty much every location, including the village or tanzia it moves. Rng is stored in teh savefile of the character.
1.2) Charms check the rng value on the end of the quest.
1.3) After the first charm checks for rng, every other charm is set in stone and has no deviation what so ever. Rng value moves based on amount of skills the current charm has. 2 skills move it by 7, 1 - by 4. Thus, if it's impossible to reach the charm through that jump - there is no point collecting several ones(more over, it would be counter productive, sicne you'd have to spend time in unstable area).
1.4) Rng value moves quite stable in the hunter's home and you can affect it by saving(moves around 200 units per save). If I'm not mistaken, to make the run across the whole range of values you'd need to save around 25 times. Don't forget about 1.1.
1.5) Skill activation is locked on save regardless if you've eaten or not.
1.6) On quest item acquisition results are locked in an unidentified moment in time. After you notice that lock, items would always be the same as long as you do the same type of gathering at the same points in time on a quest.
1.7) This guide should be sufficient to make you successful at charm sniping. Try not to confuse yourself by referring to anything else.
1.8) Anything that does rng checks - moves the rng. Exception is item acquisition, it has a separate rng value.

Preparation.
2.-1) Pick the desired charm by rolling the value with the character creation.
2.0) Pick the desired charm by utilizing Athena's charm table and ping's dex. Using the same tools we'll check for our charm table in 2.3.
2.1) Leave cha-cha and kayamba behind, send agrosy captain sailing with the pearl catchers somewhere far away. (1.1)
2.2) When it's done, change into unupgraded leather set, if you have the means - insert either bombardier, health or defense down, take SBB, LBB, LBB+, Toadstool, Pickaxes, maybe farcaster, and then nothing else. Save. (1.8), so item combination or use of bitterbugs are not allowed. You could also drop the mining part if you are only aiming for snipe.
2.3) Go on a quest, mine several charms(because there are ordinary not one of a kind charms). (1.3), you could go straight to sniping guide here and do a laid back test run or pick any other quest with easy charm access(volcano).
2.4) Quit game without saving.
2.5) Move the rng.(1.4)
2.6) Exit the house, eat for felyne explorer, if we get it on non-fresh ingridients - save, if not - just quit without saving and follow the guide by using food vouchers.

Charm sniping.
Everything, and I meant everything starting from the point when you load your character and up to the last stage should be done perfectly accurate and fast. The routine should reach the point of automatization. Before the item lock takes place, you have a few runs to figure out the boundaries in which you are sniping and how to do things properly.
3.1) Eat for felyne explorer.
3.2) The moment we get up use touchscreen to transfer yourself to tanziahall.
3.3) Pick any g rank misty peaks quest monster slaying quest, then pick it every time.
3.4) Mine the desirable amount of charms. 1 when the charm is only snipeable, several when charm can be shotgunned, however that location is pretty unstable and can move rng pretty wildly, so the less time you spend in it - the better. (1.6)
3.5) Adept: Blow yourself with LBB+ in the way that knockback would leave you standing in the secret area. Finish yourself with LBB.
Guild: Same thing, but we aim our falling trajectory towards left corner edge, so we get the animation cancel.
Cadet: Use farcaster. (this may actually be the safest way about sniping, but I didn't do the testing)
3.6) Exit the starting area and do the LBB+ LBB routine. We can relax in this location since we are gonna affect the rng by the time we stay in it.
3.7) By using Toadstool and SBB as fast as possible move ourselves to the point where LBB = oneshot.
3.8) If everything was done right and we've reached the point of automatization, then, starting from the point we place the last LBB - we can start counting seconds, for that we can use the quest timer. It also can be used for synchronizing the key moments in the quest between the tries. The error shouldn't exceed more than a second.
Example: we've got the charms and killed ourselves at 0:16, second cart is 0:37, last LBB placement is 1:20. Since last LBB placement moment is your physical limit we make it equal to 0:00. This is an example that's not taken from the real testing, it's just supposed to give you an idea for the method and for what's coming next.
3.9) Check time. Kick bomb. Check charms. Quit without saving. Or save if my guide is actually working and you've got the charm.
3.10 or 3.1-3.9) Make a notepad or excel entry and start collecting info. Here is mine for reference.

5183 - charm is here, can only be sniped
8 x5136 - too early, even with me missing the timeframe
10 1 5094 x5152 5086 - value is too small, need to postpoint the death
10 2 5203 5200 5189 - too big, but I'll try to postpoint the death, because I think that all of my records for the time are wrong.
12 5270(Т) x5178 5174 5185 5145 5173 - I'm close, my analysis is right, error is no bigger than 10 points. I'll try to collect info on the earlier time, because it's better to have smaller rng value than over shoot it. (If I make a error, I have a chance to score it, but if my average time is higher than the required one, not only do I miss on the range that is beyond the rng value, but I also have no chance of hitting on by mistake)
11 3 - score
1 - .25, 2 - .50, 3 - .75, t - tanzia fuck up, x - secret area fuck up.

Explanation. For each timevalue I pick I did 3 errorless runs. If I've felt or thought that I've missed any of my timeframes(wasted time in tanzia or in a village or in a secret area location) then I'd mark the run and would do as many runs as I'd require for making the right judgement to switch the appointed death time.
And that's pretty much it.
If you need to wait for more than a minute on 3.8, then I'd suggest to move rng, even if that requires to do the whole circle around the rng values.

Sincerely you'res
Suka Blyat Ivanovisch

PS
I've had to spend at least 6 hours, to fix all other guide's misconceptions and mistakes. Fucking brain dead drooling retards! Like goddamn, quest timer isn't accurate, rng doesn't move in tanzia, what the fuck. How did they even manage to get their talis - I don't fucking know.

Is there a way to port all my talismans from mhx to athena?

Anyone up for a hunt in mh4u?
31-8945-7296-2795
I just wanna kill this p.rathian to see if there is a decent quest for farming rathaloses in HR5

I wonder if I can get a monster hunter club in my uni…

There are no rathalos in hr5

I'll hop in, give me a minute.

I can't seem to find the room with the ID you posted, did you take it down?

Yeah, killed the rathian. Looks like I'll need to grind 5 stars for the a.rathalos hunt in hr7

Meant hr 6

Fucking help me I'm addicted to Expeditions and my progress in 4U's slowed to a halt as I alternate between grinding up HR to 7, farming high-rank Gore Magala parts and waiting for a treasure area or a monster I want parts from to show up on high-rank expeditions

On the bright side though my HR Gore charge-blade is actually keeping pretty good pace with my Seregios charge-blade due to the dragon element, stuff seems to go down at about the same rate in the same situation between both weapons

Just need to keep Razor Sharp to counteract that tiny-dick bar of white sharpness and I'm set

There has to be something wrong with whatever determines when monsters run away in Generations, this happens way too goddamn often.

Is the monster Rathalos? running away seems to be its signature moves. King of the sky my ass.

Is the OCD guy with all the top tier palicos and especially palicos with World's Strongest still here?
Another giveaway session like the last time would be great.

Expeditions?
80% of my MH4U time was expeditions.
>Fucking Diablos and Monoblos locked into the only desert area for maximum fun rage.
>Fucking Tidal Najarala.
>A wild Gravios appears! Black Gravios spawns into the same zone Regret no HG ears now?

Jho is a wanker i swear he uses that wall of muscle hipcheck more if you had a GS.

>they're just rathian and rathalos except they switch up their attacks a tiny bit more often and now literally anything at or below white sharpness bounces off everywhere but tail-tip and underbelly

Don't know what you're surprised about they've been around since gen 3.

Big Guy edition's my first MH game.

Currently playing mh4u
Finished the story and now I'm focusing on the guild hall quests and trying to get into g rank
It baffles me how many players there trying to get in on my hr quests with nothing but tetsucraba armor and some rarity 2 weapon. Why are they forcing themselves through these quests without finishing all of the caravan quests? It's even more confusing when I find someone who has done 100 caravan quests but is still going with full LR tetsucraba gear or some other rarity 2 set.

Why do they do this?

Is that 4U of Gen I can't remember?

4U of course

for you

I thought people were fucking kidding when they were talking about the Rath pair being the dev favorites or something, then lo and behold they have two recolors so far and are even made a big deal of in-game despite being pretty wimpy compared to some other flying wyverns. Though that cutscene with the Seregios whooping a Rathalos's ass for its territory was fun as hell to look at.

Aw fuck my bad. You being surprised by Gold and Silver threw me off since they're the only subspecies in MHG thought you just didn't know recolors are a thing in these games.

The Raths are devs' favorite because they were the first signature monsters so the Rathian and Rathalos have essentially become the Ryu and Chun-Li of the series.

I just realized something
Pink rathian armor is rath heart and she later becomes gold
Azure rathalos armor is rath soul and he later becomes silver.
Heart gold & soul silver
& were hunting pokemon

put on a PSP nub instead.

Sup mhg. Finally got piracy working on the 3ds and I just ordered a circle pad pro. A few questions from someone who's only played Tri/Tri Ultimate for more than 400 hours:

1. How do dual blades compared to sns? I hear sns is overpowered as shit this time around, but I don't feel like using them.

2. How's the swtich axe?

3. How does the content stack up compared to Tri's? I hear it has no G rank, but i'll still play.

I'm also asking all of these questions as someone who's going to play Generations.

1. Dual Blades are not at the broken level they were at in 3U but they aren't the complete garbage they were in 4U. SNS is better in Generations though it's THE broken weapon in the game they buffed it to hell for some reason.

2. I don't play Switch Axe myself but my friend has been playing Aerial Switch Axe and has been absolutely loving it.

3. The content is a weird thing it has no G-Rank and no subspecies. However there are a lot of fucking monsters in the game there are actually kind of too much. Each quest tier has like 4-7 pages of quests it's way too much but it's what happened because they had more monsters than 4U but had no G-rank. There are also way too many gathering quests if you're a completionist. I'm closing in on 300Hours and I'm just about done so it is not a U/G game but it isn't a ripoff.

Switch axe is only second to SnS in terms of overpowered. Its hunter arts are insane and it's monstrous in aerial style. The downside is that axe mode is now objectively inferior than sword, so it takes some fun away from the weapon.

Sucks about the Switch axe's viability. Oh well, i'll still use it. Thanks.

Why

Anybody up for some hunts in MH4U? I just want to get the quests to unlock g-rank out of the way quick.
21-9860-8255-1016

YOU DONT RIKE? FAKKU YOUU GAIJIN PIGGU! HERE HAVE MORE SHITTY HUNTER ARTS AND PARUTIKURU EFFEKUTU

POINTLESS GRIND AND INFLATED HEALTHPOOLS ARE GREATEST

Ended session

I haven't hit a roadblock like this since Mark of a Hero. What the fuck do you do to kill these faggots.

Capcom needs to clean shit out they still have tons of stuff in there that isn't needed but is kept in just because it is supposed to be. Hopefully they are not lying about MH5 being a drastic change to the formula, though this is Capcom they are probably lying.

Hopefully they are, look what happened when they tried to change the formula, we got Generations the worst modern MH game.

Yeah but Generations also had to be out the year after 4G and most of the people seem to agree that the Generations additions are good ideas that were just implemented really poorly and not thought out properly.

Cross was done by a different team than the main MonHuns

I hate handhelds so much

PPSSPP Monster Hunter Freedom Unite

I want a main series pc or console game. Not an emulated handheld game.

Come on user everyone wants a proper big screen monhun stop being a shit.

Yeah, how dare handhelds be more successful and get all the good games leaving the PC and TV consoles without any!

It sucks.

MEOWSTRESS A CUTE

I keep seeing this meme.

MonHun games have two directors and the games swap directors every now and then. Yasunori Ichinose directed MHG, and he also directed MHP, MHP2 and MHP3. You can't just say "It's a different guy" and dismiss it when the same guy made the games people like over Gen.

Anyways, anyone up for doing turns on gen?
I don't have the motivation to do some Village Requests on my own, and there's no universal way to find turn rooms. Fuck fags that just have it set to "recruiting"

63-6343-2131-0191
No pass, so might have randoms.

I always set my rooms to round robin but nobody ever joined I think most people don't know what that means.

The problem is you can't search by message, making them pointless. All they need is a single hunt type "Turns". They having fucking insect catching and transport, but not turns.

Why do they add those what benefit would even exist to doing those quest types with a group?

idek japs ayy lmao

On a serious note, if one of you fuckers joined and is Matthew, kys and learn armour skills.

Eh, for me it's great, since I only need to own a 3DS and a Vita to play the vast majority of good games, and not waste 30 thousand on a console whose design process was so fucked they put a social media button on the goddamn controller.

It's not a meme though, it's a fact - neither Tsujimoto nor Fujioka are involved with Cross, because after 4/G they've been working on 5. Ichinose has directed for the PSP Monster Hunters before, but those were under Tsujimoto, whereas Cross was produced by Kojima. On top of this, the main staff of the series even besides the top is still working on 5, whereas a different team of programmers etc. did Cross. So no, while the Cross director and producer aren't completely and wholly new to the franchise, they are still not the main forces that have guided the series as a whole, and this is the first time they've had as much creative control as they have in Cross.

No, he only did the PSP ones and Cross, MHG was Fujioka.

Don't blame the hardware, blame the people.
People purchased the game on handhelds making the series greatly popular there.

Can YOU beat up every single monster hunter fan that purchased handhelds and copies of MH on those handhelds?
Can YOU beat up enough MH fans, worldwide, and threaten them into stop purchasing handheleds and MH titles for handhelds?
Can you?
Huh?

Here's the funny part: even if you could, because capcom is fucking crazy/stupid they'd just take the lack of sales as "Ok then MH is dead i guess" and shut down all MH studios and close down the series entirely, rather than making the switch, that's always their "solution" for any series that doesn't sell as per their expectations, rather than to try and understand the cause for it, so you're not only fucked, you're double fucked even in this fantasy scenario, you just can't win no matter what you do or even just imagine doing.

And they'd be right, because people barely have time to play games at home, which is part of why handhelds are so popular. If people stop buying handhelds, they're not going to magically start buying telly consoles.

The answer is always local multi.
Aka you're literally in the same room with 3 other people and you're doing various shit and then you need to gather mats, but obviously you don't want to do shit alone when you've already got 3 people with you, so you all do a couple of hunts gathering, and then you go back doing normal hunts.

This doesn't translate at all online, of course.
It stays in because fuck you gaijins our main audience is and will always be japs you're worth less than the shit under our boots be grateful you even get to play our games, that's why.

Well, in the west home consoles are still pretty popular, and even in japan the PS4 (but only the PS4) is doing fine, it had a rise of sales after the initial period thanks to a couple of key titles nips actually gave a shit about.

But yeah, in japan handhelds greatly rule over anything else (aside phones, ofc), and since we go back to the "we only give a shit about japan" mentality obviously that's what they're gonna cater to.

By MHG I think he meant generations, not monster hunter G.

The West is a pretty irrelevant market for most devs though, because only giant fuckers like Capcom or Square can afford to count on foreign sales to help them. For the average dev that lives game to game, the added wait time and lower per-unit profit of foreign sales simply isn't a viable thing to depend on. This is why despite the PS4 selling gorillions of units in foreignerland, it still has nothing but ports of PS3 and Vita titles.

That's just confusing as fuck then. Why can't foreign releases just use the actual titles instead of making up new ones for no reason?

anyone feels like helping me hunt 3 hyper tetsucabra? so i can unlock the R series.
11-0553-3168-8058
mhcross

If you'll still be hunting in about half an hour, I'll be able to help you.

Did you close the room? Not seeing it show up.

Finally got max upgraded Helldait and Dreadking

Did you solo or go with teams?
What weapon did you use the most?

REMINDER NOT TO HIT THE HEAD WITH HH

Silver Rathalos armor looks nice but doesn't really offer anything besides sharpness-related skills to play around with, Gold Rathian armor has fucking Partbreaker and a skill version of Ultra Lucky Cat, good defense and a knightly-as-fuck look accompanied by Speed Eating +2 after a talisman and some decorations. Guess which one I'm keepin'.

In time you'll realize this series is more about being as offensive as possible rather than being defensive and relying on utility type skills.

Sharpness skills translate better towards a more offensive playstyle, thus why people value them more, and why offensive oriented sets tend to gravitate towards them.

I understand that plenty well, turtling just means you're not doing anything and all your utility effects mean nothing if you can't actually take down the monster. Just means I'll be taking Felyne Polisher a bit more often while I'm tricking out Gold Rath armor.

And I really do mean it when Silver Rath armor had next to nothing that would regularly see use by me, Fire Atk +2 when I usually roll an elementally-neutral weapon, Weakness Exploit when again I roll an elementally-neutral weapon, Razor Sharp and Speed Sharpening isn't ideal to me as an all-purpose armor when its normal skills are oriented around absolutely punishing anything weak to fire. So far it's only really seen use against Zamtrios and Lagombi, a task at which it absolutely buttfucks the offending monsters.

yeah, sorry i had some problems and had to close the room. I'll post again tonight.

I was under the impression weakness exploit gave you 50% affinity when striking weakpoints so it's basically good for both raw and element no?
I just don't understand what the lack of an elemental weapon has to do with it.

Description for it on its status screen implied it'd kick in after an elemental weakness to me, exact wording is "Increases damage when striking body parts upon which your attacks are highly effective."

No, it just means if you strike a weakpoint an affinity boost on that hit kicks in.

So higher crit rate, basically. Define "weakpoint", though, just where a monster's most vulnerable like the head?

if i remember correctly the weakpoint is any area that is over 45 (maybe even 40 but i don't remember)

It's the head on most monsters but it depends on each monster, check Ping's MHX Dex for more detailed information on each individual monster.

Also if i remember correctly if you break something on a monster it should automatically become a weakpoint from that point onward.

Go forth and break some parts m80.

I did the first 3 levels solo because they were low rank, from there, I only did them in teams because they're fucking hard as shit. Don't get me started on the lvl 7 ones.

I use IG only, having the shitty max lvl Seregios one most of the time.

I've spent the last two days on this fucking bullshit quest. I solo'd all of MH3U and 4U up to this point, what the fuck do you do to beat this piece of shit quest?

Is it even possible to go back to your previous weapon main after experiencing the horn?

What's so great about the horn.

I thought that way too I played Horn all through 4U and like half of Gen. However now I made the switch to hammer and am having a blast. Every once in a while though I do a horn hunt and I get that itch again.

You do the lowest damage solo in the game, but you help everyone else do better.
Also it's stupid as fuck which is a plus.

Sorry I asked.

You can totally solo with horn it's just tougher to do.

Does it have style and grace like the fedora sword?

no you can't trip your entire team with every hit, if that's what you mean,

Cool shit like this.

The HH main strength is the buffs.
This might seem like a small thing, but it really isn't.

Even just your basic set of buffs (def up, attack up) will massively increase the damage output of your whole hunting party, making people speedrun shit faster than you would expect, it adds up, especially when you craft a good horn with good buffs.
Later on when you craft a horn that gives people infinite stamina, if you have a DB user in your group he'll literally suck your goddamn dick, because you've just allowed him to unleash his inner edge with no ripercussions and without spending items (and if you're smart you're gonna use an inf. stamina + attack up horn combo).

On the solo side, just chaining together a two white notes song will speed you the fuck up and if you encore it, it'll also prevent you from bouncing.
The buffs help yourself a lot too, not just the others, so if you understand the moveset it's a pretty decent solo weapon.
The main damage dealers other than the simple infinite chain, are the recitals.
When you finish "compiling" your song you'll execute the song into a buff with your recital, when you do a recital depending on the direction you're holding you'll do a swing, and then execute the song.
That swing is your most powerful tool and it does the most damage and KO out of all the HH moveset.
So basically the name of the game is keeping yourself buffed, and smashing cunts hard with your recital.

The biggest problem with the HH right now is that in MHGen it's KO has been nerfed, so you're left with a weapon that does less damage than a hammer, but now also less KO.
However regardless of the "don't hit the head" meme in these threads, a HH player in a group is always fucking awesome if he knows what he's doing, even in MHGen.

I've seen monster fucking melt back when i brought a good HH in a group of optimized HBGers, just go in, hit what you can hit, but most importantly always keep those buffs up, and you'll watch monsters fucking explode and people will love you for it.

Really in Gen against smaller monsters HH has really wide attack arcs with most of it's attacks, you're pretty low on the totempole as far as head attack time goes.
But yeah the rest is accurate, lowest solo damage, massive help in groups.

maybe worth mentioning that hh, especially in recitals, has some weird movement while attacking, which makes for some great GOTCHA BITCH moments.

Yes, just like play stamina oiled sns.

Ok, m8, if you dont want to git gud, just fucking kill yourse-. Bringing dung bombs might actually help.

Nigger, what are you doing?

Meowstress a shit, worst mh ending ever.

Because they pretty much boost you over the g rank average def stats and compared to other games with the new upgrade system you barely even need them?

They also tend to fly much more often.

Well that's it. After beating 3 the same mosters with bullshit gimmick hyper monsters i give up. It's so fucking boring and i don't feel the rush in the fights in mhx. I hate the anime hunter arts, aerial is cool for some weapons but still has retarded hitboxes and bushido makes the game too easy. I'm not even going to start with monsters and the rest.
A shame. I wanted to like the game or at least stick until i beaten every monster but i can't deal with this.

What should i do now? restart 4u, since i lost my data or try 3u even though i hate underwater combat and the whole charms table?

Quit MH completely and find a new series.

I hate underwater as well, but 3G's still good. Just make sure you follow the stupid clock timing instructions to get on a table of your choice, and make sure you play the original JP instead of one of the foreign releases so you don't get stuck in Easy Mode.

what?

is there a translated version? i don't give a shit about the story, but it will get confusing for materials and other stuff.

Wouldn't know, I only play the games in Japanese myself, sorry. If you use Ping's Dex though, it does support multiple languages, so as long as you can do basic pattern recognition for symbol matching even if you can't actually read Japanese it shouldn't be too hard?

Don't have the decorations for carving/capture god just yet and I'm spoiled by Deviljho armor for how sheerly handy Speed Eating +2 is.

How is speed eating handy, exactly?

If it's the skill I'm thinking of, your item use animations speed up considerably, which opens up a lot more chances to use healing items and the like safely.

What 667b13 said, item-use animations speed up so heavily that you can quaff an item in around half the time. Eating steak takes about as long as a normal potion-quaff, normal items take about two seconds.

Oh it's ALL items, not just stakes?
Then yeah by all means, that's fucking awesome.

Shit part is you explicitly need Speed Eating +2 to get that benefit, +1 just speeds up steak consumption.

All consumable items, so not traps or bombs or the like, but yeah.

My point was more about how ridiculous it is to make the item needed to craft spheres so fucking rare while the only spheres you can craft with it are insanely common

Well, here is one explanation.
So you wouldnt farm armor stones\slick axes on lower ranks to mass combine the materials when you just barely reach higher ranks.

Is it normal to be spending tons more time in sword mode than axe mode with the SA? I remember in tri, I had a tolerable balance between the two.

in gen?
the weapon might as well be called Switch Sword.

I figured as much. Time to change weapons.

Yeah the swaxe's hunting arts make the axe completely unnecessary.

Gen was a mistake, it added nothing good aside from Nyanter.

Hey the idea at least sort of works, unlike HAs and Styles.

Every Nyanter I've played with online has been beyond shit they just constantly died without healing or doing shit all. Granted it's only been 2 but they've got a long way to go to convince me they aren't trash.

oh no they're trash, they have 1 very specific build they can go to not be trash, and even then they do LBG damage without the statuses

I think Aerial Style at least has more value than Nyanter does. I'll agree on Striker and Bushido though.

Do you think they're going to incorporate the styles into MH5 like by just revamping every weapon's moveset. I don't know what they'd do with aerial style in that case since I can't see them making every weapon have one of IG's unique abilities.

Oh I don't think Styles, Hunting Skills, or Nyanters will be in MH5, since that's Tsujimoto's project. We're more likely to get Cross as a spinoff series.

I hope not, MHG was a mess and a waste of dev time.

Assuming you mean Cross and not G, we're talking about a game that outsold every other game in it's launch year with just over a month of time, and then a few days into the new year beating out it's predecessors lifetime sales. It's going to have SOME kind of impact, even if not on the main series.

Capcom said to think of it like the alpha series for Street Fighter. However that was only around for 3 games then ended when SF3 came out. Could MHG be only the first one? Are we gonna get a few more X games before MH5?

I made a bet some time ago with some people here that styles are going to stay in permanently.
I've got a good feeling about it.

Hell, if some people quit MH permanently because of it i'll be overjoyed, finally there will be less bitching around here.
We'll see once MH5 comes around but i've got a feeling these threads will become an endless source of entertainment and smug posting for me once that game drops.

I don't follow

Yeah most people don't like games becoming popular because they get stuck with crappy mechanics to appeal to the bigger audience. This guy wants the crappy mechanics to stay in and for no one to like the game.

I won't waste my time explaining why i've got my reasons, all you need to know is i want you to get the fuck out of this series as soon as possible.

Naw I'll stay I've had fun playing it for nearly 10 years now I think I'll stick around.

Your reasons are as follows

All i'm saying is, once MH5 comes around i'll laugh harder than anyone else in this thread.
Once new people flood in posting rooms and organizing hunts too and you'll try to shitpost and bitch about it i'll laugh even harder and drink your tears.
I can't wait.

Just like what happened for genera- oh wait, once people realized it was a shitheap you have 2 rooms a day at most.

We have 2 room daily about any MH, in general.
The same people that bitch about Gen don't post rooms about 4U either.

We've tested this multiple times, people here straight up don't play MH with each other (it's because you have a reputation for being spergy faggots so people go hunt with /mhg/ on /vg/, think about THAT for a second, how bad do you have to be that people prefer playing 4U with those faggots instead of you).
I'm sure you'll pull something retarded out of your ass in response but the simple truth is that people don't really play MH in these threads, rooms get ignored, i've seen anons wait entire days with no response for their rooms.

So yes, i do expect very few people to post MH5 rooms just like you never post rooms about jack shit and just bitch and moan all day, but that's par for the course for these threads.
What's important is that some rooms WILL be posted and people WILL occasionally play the game and that will make you butthurt as fuck.

And frankly that's all i need.

Good one there.

that makes no sense, faggot.

People external to the thread will come in to play the game, and you'll get buttblasted.
Regulars will continue to bitch and moan about everything and not post rooms (hell we even have that one sperg going OMG SINGLEPLAYER ONLY IS THE BEST ALL MULTIPLAYER IS FOR CASUALS).

Also i don't know why you keep lumping me with whoever plays here like i need rooms here or something, i've got my own hunting groups (like you all should have, only you don't have any friends so you're stuck alone lel), so it makes no difference to me how many people post rooms here in the first place.

All i want is for you to feel frustrated and shitpost angrily, best case scenario quit MH entirely.
The rest doesn't really matter.

So once again, I'm supposed to get owned because you're playing a bad game that you want to be bad.
So you want a game you like to be bad, so you can totally own me?
That's… really pathetic

Cross was a separate team, and we've seen how little Tsujimoto likes what other people do with the franchise. Cross did sell well enough to have an impact, but nepotism trumps money at Capcom, so the more likely scenario is that MonHun 5 will continue the path that the main series has tread thus far, with Cross becoming a standalone spinoff ala Frontier.

I can't use the Charge Blade for shit.

What's the general thing I should be doing with it?

So was MHP3, buddy.
Guess what happened with the idea of cat armor post that title?

I stand by my bet, styles are here to stay.
Hunter arts will probably get removed or heavily reworked into something else, tho.

Get red, fill up your phials, transfer the phials to your shield, get red again, fill up your phials, and then you start discharging them.
If you get a big opening discharge everything you've got.
I mean it's not rocket science, it's the same linear sequence of actions every time.

Pratice it a bit, once you "get" it there isn't much variation there aside adapting to what the monster is doing as you're trying to complete your routine.

Tsujimoto produced Portable 3rd though

However Yasunori Ichinose was the director.
And he was also the director for MHX.
MHP3 was a deviation from the mainline (even if less than MHX), yet his ideas carried on to the mainline.
So once again i stand by my bet.

Right, but you're missing the point - Tsujimoto is the producer of the series as a whole, and stuff that was in Portable 3rd is stuff he worked on and thus stuff he probably wouldn't mind revisiting. Cross, on the other hand, is something he didn't touch at all, and is thus far less likely to have anything from it carry on.

I disagree, i think the whole deal about the cat armor was very likely something Yasunori came up with and pushed, with Tsujimoto simply supervising that element, afterwards liking it to the point of implementing into the mainline.

I have zero doubts Tsujimoto has taken a close look at Cross and he's already implemented some of it's elements into the mainline as we speak.
I'm not suggesting that -everything- about Cross will be in MH5, but i am 100% sure at minimum, styles will be in the game and they aren't going anywhere from this point onwards.
Things like hunter arts and prowler mode will however likely either be cut, or massively reworked and rebalanced to fit in better with the rest of the core mechanics.

Of the two elements i'd bet more on prowler mode returning in some form, as it was massively popular in japan (unsurprisingly).

I can handle Brach, but Stiggy Ziggy is nothing like he was in 3U. The bullshit balls actually work now and he's been hanging out with the Baggi crack peddling gang, going by the speed that he chains attacks and never stops.

Also I still have high rank armor only, the first G rank suit I want to build needs me to beat this quest first.

Based on what? And again, either way, Portable 3rd is still a game Tsujimoto made, whereas Cross is something he had no involvement with. It's a very different dynamic going on there. No idea what "prowler mode" is, but I honestly wouldn't bank on any of the major changes from Cross like Hunter Styles, Hunting Skills, Nyanters, Two Name Monsters, Ferocious Monsters, or even the new monsters themselves like Dinovalde or Tamamitsune to show up again. It's not impossible, of course, but history has shown that even when other MonHun products do well that Tsujimoto will pay them lip service at best, and simply doesn't care and will do what he wants because his daddy's the boss and he can do what he wants.

MHGen
Round robin
57-0157-7699-8014
Pass:8888
Trying out a Para SA support set

Just got myself into g-rank. Time to craft some better armor. I'm going to miss my earplugs, can't find any sets within my grasp that have it and other skills that work well with gs.

>feel good about getting some horns to make that nice-looking charge blade now that I've got gold Rath armor since I've got everything but horns, somehow

I have a friend I play with we've played MHFU-MHG together I don't really care what the general people playing are like.

How about this:

you tried, but no thanks

No, i think it's important to keep it distinct, else everyone will just mount over and over all the time regardless of what they're using.

I don't dislike the idea of Adept becoming evade +3, i just kinda hate the fact that it means every single LS user will -have- to slot in that +3 if they want to be even remotely decent online.
(For anyone wondering, and i still see people ignorant about this, Adept LS pretty much fixes the weapon online, working in perfect synergy with how the weapon itself works and transforming the playstyle almost entirely into vertical cuts, making the danger of tripping people around you absolutely minimal, it's almost the polar opposite of your standard LS playstyle).

Fuck, captured it on the 4th try but fuck that 180, buddy was hosting and he saw it 180 just as quick so it wasn't lag. No warning, limping > 180 + hyper charge > death.

Besides its bullshit no stop attacking it was fun to fight, a real curbstomping challenge. You really have to bring the cheese though, traps, flash, adept, para, lifepowders + crafts, absolute evade. We had it all and the win was still tight.

You could try spamming heal with HH

I guess you're right. I don't like aerial that much but others seem to love it so I wouldn't want to encourage that too much. Fuck it, just make it an armor skill too. Maybe the vault+10 skill could change your dodge to the aerial dodge, be made easier to gem in, and have vault+15 that also increases aerial damage like the original skill. I'd also make the adept skill easier to gem in, like a one slot+2 gem. Replacing evade+3 makes sense, but would really limit what sets you could make.

As for arts, maybe you can have one slot to begin with, and unlock a second slot when you reach G-rank. Or have one and get another with +10 armor skill and three slots with +15.
That being said, some weapons need way better arts or nerfed arts. And I don't really see myself using anything but absolute readiness with most builds. Being able to keep max sharpness and panic evade is too damn useful and it makes slim white weapons viable.

Look, making everything into a skill is a tricky situation.
Monster hunter is an offensive oriented game, towards the end of each game everyone tends to slot in as many offensive skills as possible.
If i have to slot in enough to get Adept, or to get Aerial, those are slots i'm not using to increase my damage, my affinity, and make my sharpness better/faster to sharp by the side and so on.

So what would happen in this scenario is that everyone stays "guild" and people that do slot in to reach a "style" don't do enough damage.
So basically it's like you've got this feature built into the game that massively changes the gameplay, but instead of making it available to everyone like in MGX, you hide it inside a system that towards the end of the game discourages you from actually slotting it in.

So, in short, it makes more sense to keep styles as styles and just rebalance them a bit to make each weapon/style combo more viable and lined up in terms of usefulness.

certain moves only let you roll in one direction

Is there a 3DS piracy thread up? I can't find it in the catalog.

I had to break out this guy, but I did it.

Did anyone play Monster Hunter Stories yet? I think it looks pretty good.

No, but I made the mistake of giving the gook cartoon a chance. That fucking abomination of a lolsowackyxD felyne sidekick will haunt my dreams forever.
I wonder if there is a tiny Seltas Queen Princess you can stomp around on.

The gameplay is literally Jankenpo, fuck that noise

So Pokemon?

Never played MH.
Tried 1 and 2 on PCSX2 and it was a bit too slow in progress for me but it seemed like it could have been better with player interaction and competition.

I was thinking of getting a 3DS with my coming paycheck, which MH should start with? Do I just go chronologically or should I absolutely avoid a particular one? Does it matter?

Go with 4.
After you're done with it, go to 3 for more of the same + water, or cross for GIMMICKS

If you have genuine interest in the franchise, then give each game a try starting from the very beginning.
Most importantly: Avoid Generations for as long as possible. because retarded gimmicks

I'd just grab 4U if you get into it you probably won't be done till the next game is getting ready to come out. While I think people who haven't played anything would probably enjoy Generations a lot more over people who have played all the other games, it isn't very representative and not a good start. Unless god forbid it is representative of the all the games going forward.

No, as in, you literally pick one of three attack types, and hope the opponent picks the one you beat.

Start with 3G, then go to 4G.

All you need in your life is mh4u

Oh well that's crap

If I plan to play both should I do 3 first then?

Yea I did, I spent a quite a few hours on the first MH for ps2 but the controls and bland grind was too much. Then I tried 2 (half-translated) but I couldn't get into it.
What's up with generations/X?

noted.

So many shitty gimmicks.
You now have anime super attacks that charge up as you hit monsters.
There's now styles which completely break the game.

Cross is by a different team than most of the series, and the only non-Frontier or non-spinoff game to have neither Tsujimoto or Fujioka involved to my knowledge. It's basically an experimental side project that introduced a lot of new mechanics like different base playstyles ala classes in an action RPG, and super moves activated at will. It's generally considered to be poorly balanced and way too different from the normal formula.

They threw in a hole bunch of new mechanics that might be good if done properly but were poorly implemented in that game probably because it was rushed out too fast. It also has pacing problems.

MHGen
17-2057-2524-8498
Pass: 8888
Round robin quest picks

Should also stress, for 3 especially, make sure you're playing the Japanese 3G and not the foreign 3U.

why?

3U gives you 50 extra defense for no reason

come on now user

There an English patch for 3G anywhere around, or a modification of the US .3ds file that strips you of the 50 defense?

Ignore every other poster, we've got people that are literally retarded spergs here.

MH3U -> MH4U -> MHGen

That's it, that's actually all you need in terms of progression, flow from one to the other as intended.

What happened to the 3ds piracy thread?

Also, why the fuck is the Charge Blade so wonderful?

Why do I always happen to literally get BTFO'd by my Gunlance friend?

Fucking make one yourself and stop whining.
Because it's the most babby mode OP weapon ever made so even people that are terrible at the game like you can pretend they're gud by spamming the same attack over and over.
Because aiming and controlling shelling as a GLer is pretty difficult and it's not a weapon that's very well suited for online play for that reason.

Playing it online requires a deep understanding of it's moveset, and i'd go as far as to say that if they keep how GL works in Gen from now on, it will be extremely difficult to make the weapon non disruptive online ever again, as shelling and wyvering are now obligatory no matter what to rise your attack and keep it locked where you want it to be.
As it currently stands, i consider GL to be the most disruptive weapon in the entire game online, way worse than LS ever was.

You need to go back

Look into Switch Axe or Sword & Shield if you like either the axe mode or sword mode for Charge Blade, CB itself is kinda like a merge between the two.

So just like every other weapon then.

I used it in 3 for a while. It was basically jump in and use your (long) combo and get out before the monster hits you. Granted, lots of weapons boil down to that, but i'd at least appreciate some mechanics added to it. No idea how different it is in gen.

Too focused on the sword mode in this game for my liking.

Not sure if shield-bashes were in 3 since I haven't played it but you have a stunning option available to you with shield-bashes in 4U and beyond. Also a jumping strike when climbing up a ledge, so you can get a knock-down attack for mounting in both on the way up and the way down from a ledge, whereas Insect Glaive has to pole-vault first (though you can do it whenever you want) and every other weapon has to jump off a ledge in some fashion.

isn't the reason the charge blade is liked is because it's the only weapon aside from lance that has any level of guard cancel or guard counter mechanics?
with every other weapon your only cancels are into different attacks or into evasive moves and guard only serves as an 'oh fuck' button.

There must be some trick to it then since I haven't gotten fancy with guards at all in my use of the weapon. Where'd you hear about guard cancels/counters for Charge Blade? Since if got that into my repertoire it'd keep me better against big stuff. I'm already hideously unprofessional with the weapon, I didn't even know the phial-charge system for a red shield existed until I was in high-rank caravan for 4U.

No, it's because it's easy as shit to wreck shit with it.
That's all there is to it.

I have an easier time of it with Dual Blades and Hammer, I just like being able to unleash a white-hot stream of freedom and stun-damage all over a monster's face with a phial combo or red-shield finisher.

oh
map kick to start in options
press start when thing is about to hit you
press x for axe or press a+x for explode axe, AoD or whatever it's called. can perform super aod if axe is charged

Start is the equivalent of pressing r+x simultaneously for chblade, i.e. transforming from sword to axe mode. Start is much more reliable as the game registers holding 'r' then pressing x as a different input to x+r. When you transform you have about 2 or so seconds, quite a wide window really, where getting hit will cause a block. If your axe is charged you will also get a free explosion off the shield on impact.
You can use this to cancel out of any stage of the sword combo instead of evading or standing there waiting for the animation to finish, additionally, the roundslash enters guard state at the end of the animation, where the shield is held forward. The axe to sword transformation counts as a roundslash and does this too.

sorry, I meant the reason why half decent players like it as opposed to A Charge Blade made for the general public. Casuals love the heavy, stately design.

philistines please go

oh right 3 apostrophes is bold, not italics in apostrophes. Well it gets the point across I guess

That's pretty damn sweet, actually. Just tested it now and if I'd known about it I'd have definitely gotten use out of a cancel-capable transform button.

While we're on the topic of casuals weapons, does anyone appreciate jumpstick for it's ability to make good forward and backward movement using the different b-button attacks, backward vaulting and air dodging by using the marker fire to reposition and hover over monster attacks?
Jumpstick would be a much better weapon if mounting weren't a mechanic, or perhaps if the ability to inflict mount damage was only available at the cost of a damage boost, ergo the shield/power barrel options for HBG
I guess it doesn't really matter with aerial arts in the picture now, but it's still somewhat novel.

There used to be two main ways to use GL:

-Shell all over the place, when there's a big opening, wyvern
-Minimal shelling, mostly stabbing, when there's a big opening, wyven

The second playstyle was the most common among experienced hunters online, as shelling was always very disruptive.

In MHGen what changed is that now you have to combine those two playstyles no matter what.
So that means that online you're gonna have to shell the fuck out of everything to reach red, and then wyvern to "lock it" there.
They basically made it so no matter what you're doing you gotta shell first, much to the dismay of anyone hunting with you getting blown all over the place.

Basically, GL is the new LS.

More or less.
I'd say that GL was always LS tier disruption but it was "hidden" because good GL players could work around it.
Now they can't.
But in the process they fixed LS instead, so it was sort of a trade off i suppose.

IIRC there was some faggot earlier saying that his GL is more important than any other hunter and it's not his job to make sure his positioning is good, but your job to move.

I think that's a good indicator of MH:Gen GL players.

Please don't.

He's talking about a guy from a couple of threads ago.
Said guy was in the series ever since MHFU, i personally shit talked him myself and outed him as an obnoxious faggot as i used to main GL myself back in the day.

It has nothing to do with MHGen, it's just that 36c879 has a personal vendetta against it and has been trying to start shit and complain the entire thread, i don't mind it at this point.

As shelling was always disruptive on wide gunlances. Normal and long were pretty much irrelevant(one was useless, the other one used for aerial sniping).

Now you have to use the gun on the lance instead of just using a hindered lance style. Wow, how could they.

If you've wanted to go that way, well, here we go!
There were two points that have nothing to do with being important.
>1. GL is slow and has high inertia thus making it hard to reposition mid action. Thus, if sns using hunter is constantly gets blown away, then who is at fault here? hurr, you, because you chose a weapon that could potentially do something baad
If there were any to begin with. Since everyone got scared by m-muh heat gauge nerf whining faggots.

Yay, good for you, have a medal.

I know. I'd just rather have a dead thread than the 'tism brigade going at it again.

Oh my god, this fucking guy again.
Look, we get it, you REALLY like to go boom boom with the boomstick.
EVERYONE ELSE around you doesn't appreciate your bullshit.

You only think they do because you live in your magical headcanon where you're a GL god and everyone in your group complaining while you project them to the other side of the fucking map is clearly a scrub.
Your mental plot armor that you've fabricated for yourself makes you think that you can shell like a motherfucker all day every day and it causes zero problems for the people hunting with you.
It does.
It really does, when you play like that people end up hating the fuck outta you.

And you talk about me building an illusionary world.
Especially this
literally never happened even once. But hey, in your headcannon I'm the worst evil in the world which everyone acknowledges on the first sight, so no need to make a sensible argument, right?

I never implied that. All that I'm trying to say is that the common conservative view on the gunlance and its playstyle doesn't fucking fly neither in 4 nor in gen, but at least in gen there are alternatives to make it times better. But no, one hates HAs, the other one is too retarded to manage the heat gauge and so on.

Why didn't any of you faggots tell me they were doing a MonHun anime?

Because they aren't, they're doing a Stories anime

I couldn't play with others online even if I wanted to anyways, everyone else plays FU on PPSSPP instead of an actual PSP/vita and the adhoc party for ps3 is completely dead online. At least I still can get a few hunts in on weekends at my local vidya/card store.
That said, Ash Lao is a retarded damage sponge, almost as bad as the hyper monsters in MHGen.

I never realized how bad ransoms could be

How much did you have to pay? Did they ask for a helicopter, too?

The game is fun rpg. The only game in the series that I enjoyed. I hate hunting games but stories is great.

The combat is literally Janken, it's not good by RPGs standards.

Not too much, but the reward for the double tetsu was too slim to cover it

I saw some gameplay and you can select other attacks too for your monster and yourself like healing and special attacks so it isn't just Rock Paper Scissors. Also the customization looked good too with teaching monsters other moves. The Rock Paper Scissors stuff though is stupid unfortunately.

It does admittedly have other things, but the core of the gameplay is still that, and I can't see it as being anything but terrible. I'll probably grab it off of FreeShop and give it a go, because >talking about games you haven't played****, but I'm not hopeful for it.

ash lao drove me to start cheating in FU
I just couldn't bear solo-ing it again for the dozenth time. hell even a full party wouldn't save that quest from being insufferable

wasnt there a Korean mmo rip off already?

Chinese and semi-official, I think.

So basically it's just Meownster Hunters combat?

Gaijinhunter realesed a video in which he was doubleteamed by deviljhos. It shows how the combat works fairly well

Yeah but then I'd have to give that fuck a click.

Then bite the bullet and turn it into a webm

Can't I am phone

I never had a problem with ashen, just bring bombs, combines for more bombs and use the strongest weapon you can make with attack up armor. I like LS so you can fade slash to move back a bit and not have to reposition as often. Hammer is also OP in second gen.

Been struggling to find a good G1 armor with good GS skills. I'm starting to think that getting G1 armor for G2 is a meme though. I've upgraded my HR armor to 500 defense points, I don't think fully upgrading G1 armor with Heavy Armor Spheres will make much of a difference

If I can't read/speak japanese should I even bother with Stories right now?

No. Unless there's a fan translation in the works your only option is that you can't read Japanese

You should get on learning Japanese ASAP anyway, but I doubt Stories will be any good anyhow.

It's a pretty big and polished production compared to past spinoff titles, i think there's a decent chance it'll come to the west at some point down the line.

Considering the quality of American foreignizations, that's not really a good reason not to learn Japanese. Besides, Stories looks to be garbage, though now it's on the FreeShop I figure I'll give it a go before completely dismissing it.

Okay I got more than enough in the bank now. what do you guys think?
Will post pointless results when it gets here.

Why not 4U?
3U on the DS is single playa m80.
Check Nintendo the store bundles as well they are usually cheaper.

Shop around for the best deal.

I dunno about non britbong prices

This is what you should do:

and use the money you saved from not buying games to buy an n3ds, 64 gig sd card, or both

I'll buy 4U at a games store in walking distance, they didn't have 3U though so i just grabbed that from amazon too. The only had a red 3ds as well.

what
Are you telling me the 3ds i just ordered isn't a box with everything included?

whoopsie, didn't see your shopping cart already has a n3ds
not buying those games gives you plenty for a big microsd now

You can get 4U for the same price, and it's much better.

What if I want to support the devs?

I want to try both.

Nintendo assumed that everyone purchasing a 3ds had a DSi and thus the charger the 3ds uses. They'd rather not have us have two chargers

LOL
O
L

then you may go ahead and be a good goy

What if I have a DS charger and not a DSi?

it's incompatible, you'll need to buy a charger separately
it's not too much, 10 dollars here in America

user, stop siphoning these dubs. Leave some for the rest of us.

Then I just have to pray the EB games next door has it.
Thanks for the heads up.

hate nintendo more they probably have an iron grip on the series

I recall that the shift is because Capcom didn't want achievements in the game which sony was trying to push and that they are genuinely interested in developing monster hunters on the 3ds.

I'm not saying you're wrong (since I have no knowledge of the shift myself), but if Capcom didn't want achievements, why did they add the medals, which are very similar to achievements?

I have no clue. Perhaps they didn't want them attached to the points of the achievement system for xbox/ps? It's a bit of a stretch but I think that would have been an incentive for cheating and what not.

started checking why capcom never devolped for ps again and it essentially boils down to: sony dropped the ball and nintendo is giving them development money

How hard is it to solo special permit quests?

Ain't too bad if you know the monster well

Would you recommend playing 4U after I'm done with Generations, Holla Forums?

Yes, definitely, if you haven't played it before. If Gen is your first monhun, do note that the game is only guild style before jumping in. However, I believe that it is, overall, a better and more cohesive game than gen.

Well, tri was my first one and I sunk 500 or so hours into it, so alright.

In japan traditionally when you buy an handheld the charger doesn't come included.
The reason why is that they detract the price of the charger from the cost of them handheld package and then sell it separately, because in their mind if your charger breaks you can just buy another charger without having to buy a new handheld package.
And vice versa if your handheld breaks you just have to buy the handheld separately without including in the price an additional charger that would come with the package.

Obviously in the west this isn't working because if you check the price it's the same shit so basically you're paying more when purchasing the handheld, and then additionally you're paying for the charger.
So you're paying for 2 chargers in the end for no reason.

Anybody up for HR 6 keys? Round Robin

36-7521-2181-0292

4U's far closer to Tri than Gen is, you'll have a ball.

I got an hour till I got to go to work, anyone wnna do some LR 3 keys? I also need to farm for fulgur bugs

Ok I got it. Spent sometime exploring and reading the manual for the 3DS.

I had in mind playing with hammer, greatsword, any reason i shouldn't?

meant hammer, greatsword, or any ranged weapon.

Try all of them out and see which ones you like

There's no "this one weapon type is objectively better than x" or "this one weapon type blows ass" shit then?

Some people will claim there is, but they're full of shit. Experiment with each weapon type and find out which you enjoy using. There are some weapons within each type that are not worth using of course, but each weapon type itself is fully viable.

Why 3U instead of X?

Can back this up, all weapons have their merits and drawbacks but there's not really any objectively better weapon unless you're a faggoty speedrunner or just an elitist. Try them all, find which ones you have fun with. I like Dual Blades myself.

Better question, why 3U instead of 3G?

I was told to avoid X/generations and I'm starting chronologically.
Going to 4U after 3

can't read moon

Gotta start learning sometime. Enjoy your Easy Mode in the meantime.

How hard is 3U to play in Japanese? I started taking Japanese on a whim this quarter and I'm enjoying it.

Don't believe , he is the fullest bag of shit of them all, because in some cases these are true
most of the time though there are some redeeming qualities about those, so they still get some good use.
HOWEVER,
The gunlance in 4u is objectively THE WORST weapon type in the game.
But you are playing 3u, so you shouldn't really bother until you finish it.
As of actual recommendations:
Sns and HH perform the worst without being able to make use of their multiplayer advantages. Sns can make up for it with stylish bombing, but it eats on the resources like a landwhale in a desserts shop.
Swax has been nerfed too much after it's initial introduction and I believe it is heavily overshadowed by LS.

It's debaitable. On one hand we have +50 def that can be mitigated by not upgrading the armor. On the other we have online that makes all of the fights a joke if you have a sense on how to use people resources. 140 guild quests can easily be done with randoms, proven countless times. The success rate can be even higher than some vidya general's groups.

Hard for me to say since I can read Japanese, sorry.

We were talking about 3rd generation though.

If he's playing on 3DS there's no online. Hell, I would've thought the US version would be the one more likely to have online if anything, considering that's more of a Western fetish than anything.

Probably not terrifically hard considering how important dialogue tends to be in MH.

And I was talking about how you call others full of shit while not addressing points that actually do relate to 3rd generations.
Point is, compared to what is considered normal, 50 def is fucking negligible to sperg over.

Would anyone be willing to help me with the Dalamadur urgent to get me into G-Rank? I've gotten close on solo like 3 times but I'd rather not waste another 50 minutes. If you're willing, the address is
29-5795-8510-3525
Pass: 8888

if you're talking about 4U dala isn't the g-rank urgent, it's ukanlos. What's your problem with solo-ing though, time or deaths? Because I could at least give you some tips on how to make a run go smoother
also why do people put passes on rooms asking for help? might as well recruit whichever bored hr200 players happen to be loitering around while you're at it

My problem has been deaths twice, time once. I'm not really sure why people put passes on rooms asking for help, I just assumed I was supposed to because everyone else did.

well I suggest taking the pass off unless your adamant about doing it with someone from hotwheels, you'll probably get help fast enough.
If not I might go find my 3ds and join soonish, dala is kind of boring to fight is all

Opened it up to randoms. If you decide you want to join, the new address is 06-5156-1072-4377

if you still want to be friends I made a room at 05-8971-3543-4208, pass 8888 if not, that's fine too

Gonna hunt the pine-cone looking motherfucker for my rank up. I'm down for whatever afterwards

18-8464-0327-2023

Has the MHG OST dropped yet?

Is the third volume artbook out in pdf/images? i can't find it.

Not very, I assume. I'm playing 3G on a PSP and I'm making progress simply by knowing what icons the items/materials use and memorizing specific moonrunes when I need to for gather quests and such.

Yeah I did the same with MHX for a while if it isn't your first monster hunter you should be able to work through it without too much extra work.

Need to farm some garuga, come help me so I dont kill myself.
28-2223-1689-3530
Pass: 1159

4U? X? Gen? LR? HR? G?
Details, user, please.

Gen, LR.

Anyone else playing Stories? Does it ever get fun?

Is there a reason why nobody online ever hunts Seltas in Gen?
Seriously i can't ever find a single motherfucker farming Seltas online.
What's up with that, nobody needs them for anything, on any piece of armor or weapon, ever?
This is fucked.

They're so pitifully easy it's a waste of everyone else's time?

They're shit-easy to solo offline is why.

I don't know how but it takes longer online and theres the jackasses that don't bother to quit via sub.

I finally beat the ukanlos urgent to get me into g-rank, only carted once
And my fucking kinsect scored the final blow
What a time to be alive

Congrats! In Gen I killed a monster with a bushido dodge once, I didn't even know that was possible. I need to look up the motion values for that.

00-9965-7781-1887
pass is 7777
4U

we died

Well it depends on the weapon.
Some weapons just have a dodge, and that doesn't do damage, other weapons have an attack associated with it.
If there's an attack, it can finish out a monster, no matter what it is.
Even just a kick.

Welcome to G-rank faggot.
Just had some fresh G2's whining about C.Gores apparently MASSIVE 500,401 point health pool, these hunters ain't seen shit yet boyo.
All the G1 sets are trash

New thread

Remind me what this fuck did to be hated again? I know it was a good reason but I can't remember.