Am I wrong in thinking that online only games should cost no more than 10$...

Am I wrong in thinking that online only games should cost no more than 10$? Not only they take so much less work to make, at least compared to more typical single player games, but a lot of the enjoyment comes from either you playing extremely well or the people you're playing with.

In some you can't even have fun until you spend a thousand hours learning the basic rules, which is honestly really frustrating. And what about in 5 years when the community is most likely dead? Would you not be upset to have played full price for a game you can never again experience as if it were launch day?

It just seems to me that from what you get, online only games should either cost much less than a normal release or be free, but everybody I talked to irl told me I'm a cunt for thinking like this.

Am I? It doesn't seem like such a crazy idea to me

OY VEY GOY I GOTTA FAMILY TO FEED YOU UNGRATEFUL FUCK

But most of the big budget ones sell so well that it wouldn't matter anyway

And the smaller ones would probably get more sales if they didn't try to sell their shitty products at 20$ a pop

They sell them for whatever price people would pay them for.

Think of all the marketing, journalism bribing, California rent, heating, good food, nights out, convenient delays, etc. those poor AAA devs would have to forego to be able to please their customers with a reasonable price tag, OP.

Oy vey, what a humanitarian crisis we'd have right there.

Any kind of game sold through digital distribution, including AAA titles, should never cost more than 20.

(checked)
Balance that shit by adding some menial trinkets on solid copies. Artwork or something.

$10 is a little low but yes, I'd say they should cost less. I'd make an exception for online games that come with fucktons of maps/gamemodes/weapons or something like that though.

I hear you. Artbooks, comic books, large and well decorated boxes, 50 or even 100+ page manuals like they used to do in the 1990s.

No. Honestly software should have some regulations on price. I'd be a complete AnCap, but the problem is the masses cannot guide themselves and they allow stupid shit to happen with their massive influence. Therefore we need regulation and fascism to control them.

Vidya is already pushing 60-80 USD

How in the fuck did we let it get this far?

By being fiscally irresponsible and selling our country to the banks to pay for it.

But normalfags don't want that shit and online-only games are nothing if not meme games for normalfags. Face it, the gamers are dead meme was pushed BECAUSE they want the traditional gamer audience to leave the hobby. They'd rather have all the snotty underageb& maxing out their parents' credit cards on some shitty new polka dot underpants for their Mary Sues.

'Murrica still has it better, just look at the other nations and currencies similarly touched by the (((banks))). You'll be seeing 500% decreases of purchasing power or more.

Agreed, but where do single player games with online elements fall into this? Games like Dark Souls, Destiny, & The Crew where the online is just kinda there to populate the world. The way I see it I wouldn't be surprised if this became to norm in the future.

confirmed for having never netcode in vidya

this

Hi, Holla Forums

Hello, /idpol/

Hello reddit

I hope we'll be seeing more of that in the future, but to say it would be the *norm* would be going a bit far
At this rate, I'll be shocked if we get singleplayer games at all in the distant future, not including faux-arcade mobile shit

>>>Holla Forums