Any of you niggers up for playing?

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcharts.com/app/251060
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It was nice while it lasted OP

amusing. but it seemed wasteful

Wargame is an RTT, not an RTS.

More importantly

Will Ashes of the Singularity ever be good?

>resorting to watching streams so I can pretend I have someone to talk to about the game
Just fuck my shit up, famalam.

Who here /riseofnations/?

i want to play it

Cossacks II Napoleon

I've only played CIV 5 and Age Of Empires 2.
Which games should I start with? I want some older gems and Alpha centauri looks promising but I have 0 knowledge of this genre.

Was 8-bit armies shit or not? I can't remember. I know they were releasing some other shitty game, but I don't remember if the general consensus was 8bit armies has a shit style but okay gameplay.

Play old Command and Conquer games for simplified resource management if you just want to tackle learning tech trees and what units veat what. Or you can be a freetard and play Warzone 2100 and look at it's completely useless tech tree.

I mean I know how to play CIV 5 and AOE and played both for I think 200 hours combined so I know the basic shit, but I don't really know good games of the genre.

Alpha Centauri is a trip.

Play Rise of Nations :^)

Oh, my bad. I thought you had only touched them a little bit. Still, older C&C games have charm and good gameplay. Brood War is, I believe, still considered to be pretty good, before gookclick was really emphasized in SC2. AoM has decently different factions and still has some players here. There are a few others that anons suggest every so often that I can't remember right now though.

On the RTT side, I keep hearing that Jagged Alliance is good.

Is there anything similar to Syndicate(although I guess that would fall into RTT)/Syndicate Wars?

So Wargame Red Dragon just got Israel added as paid DLC. There is a joke to be made there but I can't for the life of me figure it out :^)

Who here plays the greatest fucking RTS of all time?

These three things are almost certainly going to have shit availability

To be fair, it's the most expensive infantry squad in the game

Again, to be fair China has a near-equivalent (+10% accuracy, -1 AP), but it comes in a lightly armored vehicle, as opposed to a moderately armored one

any weeb RTS game?

No one has desire or time to play non-sanic old RTS and I can't be bothered to micro.

Never enjoyed it that much even when it was new. Just not my thing, like the first AoE, I guess.

Play FAF then. Better than nothing.

Theres a touhou age of empires clone

Satellite Reign, the dev team even has some of the original Syndicate dev (not game designer though, artist or something like that).
I strongly recommend trying a TPB-sponsored demo first if you are a buyfag.

Thicc rheinländer jäger squads

Pretty much everyone

that RTT faggot doesnt

Only RTS I play on a semi regularly basis is Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds
If any fags are up for that, we can play.

Invisible jedi are a shit
holocrons are also too op

what makes rts fun?

Just don't use Gameranger

Trying to remember an user's post who explained in detail what makes an RTS good, in meantime here is at least what is wrong with it.

Also all these spoilers makes me think CIA is hiding out in this thread

see

Anyone in here still playing Company of Heroes? The first one.

Yes from tie to time.

How about playing some games together, say, the day after tomorrow?

Friday? Sure what time?

17:00, GMT+2.

We are the same time zone.

Neat. Axis or Allies?

Allies thanks to britcucks.

Shall we go full Simcity then?

Fug didn't realize you meant the ingame side Still I'm batter with brits then with americans

Alrighty then, see ya in Friday.

If you're going to watch something then at least make sure it is good

SupCom allows turtling, but not really rewards it. If you aggressively expand and manage to keep the gained ground, you'll be much better off.
Most games before RA2 and StarCraft allow turtling in one way or another.
Funny thing is, the best game for turtling against computer-controlled opponent(s) is Generals.

I remember playing AoE2 with you fags.
>our team has both me and orange might have been another color, can't remember being noobs/bad at the game

There is no CoH 2. Only a sad knock off pretending to be a sequel.

Can you tell what's wrong with this piece of shit in details?
I only played campaign on release and i was so fucking mad about this game, but i can't remember why.

What mod is that on?

i wonder why the nips dont do RTS, to boring for them?

They probably think it's a shit gaijin scum genre because of C&C and Starcraft koreans who keep mindlessly breaking mouses every week like if it was a paid contest to do so. and sadly, most of the time it is

In any case, that touhou fangame is basically a clone of AoE1, with a bit of AoE2's mechanics. Other than that, i have no idea if they have ever made any worthwhile RTS games.

You grind gameplay buffs for use in multiplayer/skirmish
They flattened the doctrine tree of CoH 1 into a passive system
The CoH 2 resource system has generic strategic points that give both fuel and ammo eliminating strategies based on specific resource denial
Lots of micro transaction crap
Inferior UI
Some CoH 2 unit voiceovers are obnoxious

Blitzkrieg Mod with the Afrika Addon, it's MP compatible with normal BK mod if you use the Afrika launcher's options

Posted in RoN thread.
I wish there was more depth to it, seeing how it covers the span of time. Especially the combat, I know RTS you usually gather a giant mob and and send them off, but it could have been better. It might just be me, but I only got 30 hours of the game before I exhausted all the fun out of it, I haven't played in months but I still do love the game.

Pirated Ultimate General Gettysburg to try it, it isn't a standard base-building RTS, but it's actually a pretty good game, I'm thinking of buying it but just read that a new patch came out and people are crying because it's unbalanced. I think when games try to balance itself, it becomes uninteresting, it's cool to overcome greater odds.

Ah, I haven't played blitzkrieg in forever. Didn't remember that they changed all of those unit icons

I'd soften this slightly in adding that the strategic point system isn't completely genericized. There are ordinary points, which give manpower and a pittance of both resources. Then, there are the old style points, which offer a fat chunk of their main resource, although I can't remember off the top of my head if they do or don't offer a pittance of the opposite resource also. Depots of either resource can be built to secure the point and give a moderate flat boost to either income. So, total starvation of fuel or munitions is no longer possible, although denial of larger income points is still possible. Whether this is good or bad depends on who you ask. I think I prefer it, since I can whittle the AI's position down without it completely losing breakout capacity.

As for the other gameplay problems, specifically the entire loot drop based unit & call-in loadouts of the Commander system, these can be largely eliminated with the Spearhead Mod, which tries to make the game into CoH1 with doctines and all with CoH2's engine improvements and Blitzkriegs' lethality; I will be frank in saying that I haven't played vanilla CoH2 once, which significantly colors my impression of it, although I've done so entirely because of how bad I've heard of vanilla being, and seen in footage. Rolly-polly Maxims, tanks perfectly capable of mutually penetrating each other plinking for a dozen shots before either is knocked out, it's just awful if you don't fix it with some tuning pack or another. If you can get it for a steal on a very deeply slashed sale, do so if the former description sounds enjoyable. If mods work with pirated CoH2, that's also an option, although you'd have to get it secondhand, since the mod is steam subscription only. Bastards.

Strategically, I think AoE 2 with the City mechanic from RoN (but not necesarily national borders) would be the closest-to-perfect RTS.

Tactically, I like the idea of a General and/or Hero/Leader unit and government types from RoN as well. They need some tweaking to be more different with each civ. Otherwise AoE2 combat is still simple R-P-S but more in depth.

Walls are just more fun than a mechanic that kills your enemies for you. See (That's a great series.)

China>>>>>>>>>>>Every other nation

I'd argue it's a better game engine, but it needs mods/tuning packs to not be shit. Then again, CoH1 needs mods to not be shit as well. Pity you can't mod it as thoroughly, but it's okay.

I'd post the image dump but tl:dr is try the Spearhead mod for CoH2 if you have the game. Makes it more like CoH1 and historically accurate (so a T34/85 will fuck up even panthers pretty well with AP) asnd stuff

Humble Bundle is doing a sale actually-you can get the whole CoH anthology for about $10 right now.

AHHHHHHH SOOOOOOO SHUT IR DOWN

Static defenses a shit. A SHIT!
Go defense-in-depth or go home.

Should build a wall of turrets.

I remember.

i really wish the AOE2 HD remake didn't suck
good luck getting even remotely decent pathfinding when the units become too much
heck, they don't even move in the wrong direction or anything, units just stop moving
if i don't play 1v1 or limit the maximum unit count, the game sucks
original game was so much better

Recently played through World in Conflict (inb4 >RTT)

Good game but the campaign really is just going to the stupid defense circles and holding off waves of enemies. It works on some maps but its not really the highlight of the game.

When you have to go on the offensive and clear through areas is when it really gets good but then it just goes back to defense.

It is sad what they did to the World in Conflict Dev team.

Anyway are turtlers the biggest cancer in RTS games? They seem to be the most vocal and bitchy bunch that seem to want to play a city builder than fight on a battlefield.

People play Red Dragon, right? I mean I can get by with AirLand Battle if I can get at least one 2v2 or more match per week but I wouldn't mind having more chances to play.

You tell me
steamcharts.com/app/251060

What did they do to the dev team?

Forced them to make a queuing simulator that everyone stopped playing and forgot about after a month.

JUST

I didn't realize they ware behind this shitshow.

They dont seem to understand that playing most RTSses is "city builder" anyway, you just have to spread your buildings further in the map than just the first resource source. You have to create multiple bases to succeed, not just one.

Oh right, they released the jewish DLC literally, maybe it's a good moment to get back into it. I owned the game since forever but have very few games under my belt.

It's kinda a shame that playing defensively is not not viable and defensive structures are waste of resources in most games though.

Company of Heroes did it right if I am honest where creating defenses at specific points paid off, but again you need to take territory to do it and put them in smart locations and like said, you need to have them spread out and multiple bases to make full use of them.

Also forgot to add C&C Generals and C&C3 did this good as well, where playing defensively could play off but again you need to spread the fuck out, take territory and build multiple bases.

RUSE is superior to Wargame tbh

They're not even part of the same genre, you dumb faggot

Doesn't mean he isn't right.

I thought RTTs were a sub-Group of RTS?
Wargame is an RTT right?
I hear its almost ass good as RUSE is when its bodded

Since we will be playing Company of Heroes in a few hours are any other anons interested?

ew. kill yourself normalfag.

Especially if you play with mods such as Rise of The Reds, Europe in particular, or any other faction with accent on defenses.

Oh come on, to be fair, it's just that there's not a single RTS to handle turtling properly. I wish there were more asymmetrical RTS scenarios where one player is one defensive damage control while another is on full offensive.

What are you waiting for? Start making it.
But that does sound like a great RTS.

Anyone here think Age of Wonders 2: the shadow expansion would make a great RTS if it was an RTS?

pic related

Are you lads still around? I'd play some CoH now that my internet isn't down.

I'm ideafagging an RTS version of Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension. If only I had the drive to learn dev skills instead of shitposting

God damn it you fucks, you're making me want to play again but I think interest for it is mostly dead on here - unless Volby somehow fixes the shit issues with HD edition

Was non-steam version AoE 2 as laggy in MP as the steam version?

I mean, when you got players from all corners of the world it's not that surprising it's a tad laggy. I frankly never minded it that much when we used to play.

It really wasn't bad on my end when we played last.

which verison of dawn of war is the most played one? there's like 4

Graviteam Tactics any good?

Many of the mods, including the best one (Ultimate Apocalypse) are on Dawn of War Soulstorm, which was the last expansion made and not in that picture you linked. So I'd suggest that, but I did like the single player campaign in the other 3 better than soulstorm's SP campaign.

Here's the thing. Many RTS's Punish "turtling" because it is done wrong. People who really know how to turtle are a true pain in the ass.

Your average John Q. Gamer thinks turtling equals sitting on your starting resources and building a big circle of defenses. This is wrong. It lets even the dumbest of opponents gain a resource advantage and sets them up in the late game to steam roll you. More specifically they can tech up to artillery crack a hole in your defensive line and pour through.

A professional turtle on the other hand. Mixes upgraded units with defense, uses their spare units to take additional resource points then defend them, and works on being the first to get the big guns on the field (super-weapons, top tech units, epic units, etc.) before the opponent can prepare. Essentially you try to 1. gain a territory/resource advantage by taking control of the most desirable points (trying to take every point would stretch your forces and concentration too thin), 2. Use your mixed force of units and defenses to defend against strikes from artillery, and 3. use your surplus resources to invest in game ending tech/units before your opponent can, then finishing them off.

No, That would be Rushers who figure out what the most cost effective unit (or two) in the game is then spam it as soon as possible in waves against the enemy.

Typically this is done with the "stealth" side that has fast and high damage units. Zerg rush, Cybran Mantis spam, Nod Scorpion tank spam, GLA scorpion tank/tunnel spam, etc.

These same people will also usually rage quit immediately if you manage to counter their rush attack because they have no economy, defenses, or preparation against counter attack.

So this is a long shot, but anybody up for some casual AoE 2 games? Cause fuck it, as shit as HD is, it's still fun.

Yes, very good. You need to be kinda patient since the game isn't particularly fast paced and it might take a little getting used to but if you can get past the initial bump, the game is a blast.

Right now?
I would like to play with you faggots but probably not right now.

Hell I'd go for a game anytime, just playing with you fags is enough for me regardless of the game. I'm just suggesting it now cause fuck it, why not? Might get lucky.

Maybe in a couple of months. I can't play most games for a while until I get a new computer.

Isn't this teching rather than turtling?

Teching is properly turtling.

Typically when I play a faction who have a strong defense I rush out a few units to go take as much territory as possible and then slowly reinforce from my base outwards. Kind of like having layers of defense.

I'll go reinstall the steam version just for you user

D-Doushio

I wouldn't mind a 1v1 if all else fails but God almighty am I shit at the game, especially after like two-three months of not playing the game.

I suppose it is in Supreme Commander
Technically True Turtling is impossible in supreme commander most of the time unless you're in a 4vs4 match and are acting as a support

Me too user, once I played Mental omega with an user from here and won maybe twice out of ~20ish matches

So If I wanted to see super high level pvp of the game, what expansion would I look up? cause the only stuff I can find of high level gameplay is circa 2006

Honestly I love the ever loving shit out of Mental Omega as far as the SP goes but the MP gives me absolute cancer for some reason. It feels like the type of Gook clicking that would put SC2 to shame for some reason.

Really? I never felt like it was that gookclicky, but then again I was the one losing. Oh and I've got the game installed, so I'm ready when you are.

I'll make the room in a few minutes, just mention you're from Holla Forums else I might kick ya' by mistake. God knows we don't need any fucking brazilians instantly picking Huns and shitting on both of us.

I'll be on the lookout for the room then

For clarification sake you should tell the name in here though.

And it's up, RTS Faggot Extravaganza.

Maybe next time I won't random Italians

In all fairness that map was cancerous for ya' but the Petard shennanigans were fucking hilarious as far as I'm concerned. I never expected like 8 of them to be enough to take down a castle. Gee Gee m8, wanna go again in a bit?

I could do one more, depending on how long 'in a bit' is.

As in right now, just wanted a bite to eat.

Okay then, I'm good to go.

Rooms up, same name. Let's hope I don't choke before Imperial again

The other user never showed up

I still prefer this to 1&3

Way more meaningful tactics required

If you ain't using your spare resources to build an army of equal size to your opponents attacking army (which essentially means you can't use resources to turtle by building defenses), you best be using them to get a quality over quantity advantage.

In most games (and real life) you can't depend on turtling to simply grind your opponent down to nothing and win through sheer attrition. For the most part that only works against poorly programmed AI's who blaze through their resources preforming pitiful wave attacks.

Even turtles need to have an end game plan that involves a final devastating blow to the enemy. That could mean rolling over them with elite fully teched units, shelling them to rubble with long range artillery, nuking them back to the stone age with super weapons, or crippling them with your titan/super unit.

Reminds me of Grand Cannon crawl in RA2. Defense crawl in some games can be quite the strategy if you handle it right.

In Rise of the Reds certain members of the internal testing team also pioneered the 'defense rush' where you send your early builders just beyond the enemies base and spam defenses in a circle around them (sort of like a Generals tunnel rush but with less units actually attacking). In a way this is the turtle strategy taken to it's logical extreme.

Pretty much this. A good turtler seals off key areas of the map and makes it extremely difficult to take key resource points or creates chokepoints.

I know what you mean user, but turtling to me is more aggressive, its about carefully moving towards an opponent with an over overwhelmingly high defense, generally through excessive use of static defenses
Its about tanking up rather than sending continuous waves, and in a game like supcom that's impossible, unless of course they made towers significantly stronger and quicker to build and at the same time not breaking the game balance

And even then late game, Nukes make it pointless, because its easier to put them out than it is to defend against them

Anyone has that one RTS chart?

No, just no
Its become a distended pigs third testicle at this point
pls noone post it

How about we start a new one?

Look I gave it a shot

How would you fix this game to get rid of the trench warfare aspect

So i've been playing company of heroes 2, what the fuck is up with the balance in this shit?
Apparently in the vanilla game, Soviet is early game infantry power and hordes of tanks, whilst Wehrmacht bring defensive power and lategame tanks.
BUT THANKS TO THE WESTERN FRONT WEHRMACT TEAMS NOW HAVE OKW, WHO BRINGS EARLY GAME DEVESTATION WITH BULLSHIT LIKE WIRES YOU CANT DRIVE THROUGH WITH SCOUT CARS AND ENGINEERS WITH SMGS THAT CAN CHEW UP FULL INFANTRY SQUADS.

So OKW takes everything, then wehrmacht secures with bunkers and MGs, before moving into tanks whilst OKW is free to place flak trucks in its zones to deny any aircraft abilities/defend zones and can bring its powerful armored cars and halftracks to turn the game into vehicles before any tanks are even on the field.
WHAT THE FUCK

I like 2 the best too.

Cossacks 3 is fun as fuck, but I hate how all Euro nations have the same exact units (Granted, they always had pretty much the same units, but they had different models/skins). It just feels cheap as fuck. Also no standard bearers, it's like they were so fucking lazy they just made 1 Euro nation.

American Conquest is also top tier.

welcome to CoH2 user

Man it makes me want to only play 1v1s, because when i play those theres some semblance of balance.
Also looking through the patch notes, the reduced resources that is literally the OKWs entire balancing mechanic WAS REMOVED IN A PATCH
FUCK OKW
Seriously the "soviet campaign" was just "a bloo bloo bloo why did we have to make tough choices if only america had been there" and was full of complete bullshit. Like the mission where you fight to free some prisoners, but the germans execute them, then the main character ACTS LIKE ITS THE RUSSIAN'S FAULT. German war crimes? Nah thats the soviets fault, russia was the REAL bad guy, holy fuck i've never played a WW2 game that tried to make the nazis look as good as this game did, doesn't even use swastikas and only calls them nazis once.

CoH is better.

It was pretty much a straight port of Cossacks 1 yeah? There were no standard bearers in cossacks 1. American Conquest is my favorite of the bunch

I'd be up for some more games if you're still around. Now I can't blame my losses on being tired

its very, very simple.

don't play destruction.

total destruction, with no time limit is the best test of skill. in interest of time, conquest is fine too.

Yeah there seem to be some real problems with COH2 especially its singleplayer and its weird fucking store.

But honestly im enjoying the new allies greatly. Wehrmacht and OKW don't excite me much (i loved axis in the first one) but i really think the new allies are FAR superior to the old.

Aside from the shitty single player and the questionable doctrines (why are so many abilities repeated across the commanders, only for one or two abilities to be unique to just one commander) what is it that makes you say COH1 is better? Other than the JagdPanther of course.

webm related

they keep wildly swinging the imbalance from one side to another, so bear that in mind. when i first played it in like 2012 or something it felt perfectly balanced, but then they gave the allies jeeps with rocket launchers and virtually unkillable airborne squads, then a year or so later they made panzer grenadiers fucking unstoppable engines of total ass destruction, then made the brits' antitank guns legendary tools of face-fucking. it's way better than vanilla but they can't really seem to figure out how to make an actual fair balance

Welcome to relic RTS user.

Which have been all shit since DoW or CoH depending who you ask, but it's certainly going down the slope since DoW.

Are you hyped for DoW III

You sick fuck

Is it time for AOE2 Games again?

DOW3? No. I actually liked DOW2 even if i wish they had named it something else because fuck me it was not what i expected.
But Dawn of War 3 looks like the worst parts of both DOW1 and 2 stuck together. Cartoony blob armies ramming each other does not excite me.

Funny, I like MO's skirmish and MP and hate its campaigns. The maps are well-made but the gameplay seems to have been designed by someone who thinks trial-and-error commando missions are all there is to C&C.

That's part of its appeal for me as far as I'm concerned but I can definitely see how it gets autistic after a certain point. If not for the story itself I probably wouldn't hold it in such high regard.

So are we going to fucking play a game of FAF or just sit here wishing it wasn't a dead genre?

I've got a pirate version of FA uploading on mega (will be a long time though) that works with faf if anyone needs it.

anyone know how to get this working in windows 10?

This was 1 quick google search away user. Apparently you can't install it yourself on win 10 either so unless you go back to a version of windows that is less of a god dammed trainwreck or buy/pirate the steam "extended edition" you're fucked on that front.

it updated automatically i had no say in the matter

and i thought a nocd crack would work

You know what's really a lost art in strategy games? Guerilla warfare.

This youtube vid also gives a good description of the different strategy archetypes at around the 1:45 mark.

pirate and crack win7, update to servicepack1 and then break the updater so it never fucks its shit up ever again.

Like a turret creep?

Is that what they call it now? We always called it defense crawl back in the day. Although turret creep has a nice ring to it.

While the dude in the vid has the theory down it is actually a bit painful to watch. Aside from using the broken final patch that EA released that fucked the AI.

He under-utilizes his unit diversity and much like a spammerfag ends up using only 2 types of units.

A guerilla isn't just about scouting around with fast long vision units. You have to put your intel to use. For example it would have been more cost effective to simply air drop a few engineers into the undefended section of the opponents base instead of painstakingly slowly trying to whittle them down with the scout craft themselves.

A guerilla uses cost effective methods and flanking attacks to disrupt the enemy and shut down his ability to meaningfully retaliate. Unlike a turtle you don't worry about setting up permanent defenses but rather use intel to preemptively counter threats before they get to you.

For example if your craft see some tanks and rockets headed your way you can counter with riflemen, rocket troops and a few of your own tanks in the rear: advancing them forward after the riflemen take out the rockets. The central idea being that you defeat their force with a lower investment of resources.

To his credit as the narrator does mention other aspects of the guerilla include isolating and picking off units and structures with superior maneuvering and speed as well as being more "map aware" than the opponent.

You're free to try if you think it'll work

I heard artillery reloads faster with power generators near it so I decided to test it out.

First went with a setup of 1 to 4 adjacent t1 power generators and 1 to 4 t2 power generators and one extra without any power generators as a baseline. (See webm 1)
Results showed the t2 power generators gave a faster rate of fire than the t1 generators but (although generating more power) several t1 generators had a faster firing rate than more adjacent power but less connections t2 generators.

Tested this with an arty connected to four t3 generators (10,000 adjacent power), one to four t2 generators (2,000 adjacent power), and another connected to one t3 and one t2 generator (3,000 adjacent power). (See webm 2)
This showed that more connections was faster than more total adjacent power even with the faster firing with higher tier power generators.

Finally I tested t3 artillery but there was no adjacency bonus to their reload speed.

I didn't run the numbers for cost effectiveness but by the looks of things t1 generators have the most strategically sound bonuses as not only do they take up less room so as to better cover them with shields but because generators explode on death, an artillery surrounded by power generators is too easy a target to destroy as apposed to just artillery with no generators so a pile of artillery with a stealth generator over it would be more effective than some artillery with a pile of highly explosive generators around it.

Pretty fucking neat that though.

Man how i miss guerilla tactics in C&C 3, i used to make small sniper units to attack from the top of hills.

Also NoD clocking stuff was damn fun to use.
Like a bunch of Avatars appearing out of nowhere, it was always an OH FUCK moment.

The thing is that you have to babysit every single one of your troops since they can't decide to shoot and you can't put them on fire at will.

Its Nod you heretic.

Something I wish more RTS games would have. Tired of telling a single soldier to go around a corner and instead he'll wanders across certain death the long way like some sort of retard.

Men of War does it.
pretty badly but it does it.
I know it's not an RTS

Hard and above are incredibly vigilant with regards to that stuff. Once an enemy's engineer gets within a certain distance of their capturable structure, it's immediately sold and the squad that emerges from it almost instantly kills the engineer.

t. Russian

The game did have fairly negative portrayal of russians even though they were the protagonists of the campaign while in case of germans the whole political background is ignored in favour of a clean war and portrayed at least in a neutral light or downright heroically in the campaigns when you play them in CoH1 which is fine for a wargame but there is a noticeable double standard here.

Seems like the taboo of no swastikas, no hitler and no SS, no camps in videogames while not extending the same to russian/other warcrimes is irocically just playing into the Holla Forums and other stormfagggots hand about good nazis vs evil soviets portrayal of eastern front

Nice propaganda schlomo.

The camps do get a mention ONCE in the campaigns and the Wehrmacht are called Nazis ONCE. The rest of the time its just fascisti. Hitler also gets mentioned several times, but they spend waaaay more time trying to make stalin look bad.

I don't think its pushing Holla Forumss retarded agenda i think its to try and sell the game to americans. Americans still have the red scare on the brain, their media has been telling them the soviet union was the worst thing ever for so long they would probably burn Relics offices to the ground if Russia looked like the good guys.

At first i thought it was cool with the order 227 mechanic and shit, but when that guy had a WHOLE BATTALION executed for a successful operation i realized none of this gritty shit was for realism, it was just retarded propaganda.

The no swastikas stuff is just anti-buddhist ofc tho.

It's like saying "trying to make shit smell like shit".
Not saying that ignoring how nazis are their own brand of shit is a good thing, but at least they've been shown for what they are for a long time already. Time to give filthy commies what they deserve too.

Bombings of Dresden and Dachau massacre say hi.

It wasn't nearly enough and it won't ever be enough.

t. Eastern Europe

Calm down, Poland. Do you know that people in Russia want USSR back only because they want a state that cares about them and were horrified by 90s and its special brand of capitalism?

Romania, actually, and I don't give a flying fuck what a bunch of illiterate monkeys want. Quite frankly I'm pretty sure you're talking out of your ass or are the equivalent of a teenager that only heard about the State from his grandparents who were part of the Security bitchlist. The only reason Ruskies are acceptable nowadays is because we need someone to make Merkel shit her pants whenever she thinks about being some kind of God.

Also, where the video games, I'm hankering for some AoE or anything else really.

No, I am not, it is just you imagining things.

It's only propaganda if it's false. But hey, what would I know, being born in this shithole, knowing everything my grandparents and grandgrandmother told me.

What? You might consider changing the way you express your thoughts for this discussion. Ebin maymays don't seem to be working well for you at the moment.

You do realize that Russia is going through pretty much same shit Germany was after WW1? Only now, in post-Goebbels world, they are pumped so full of actual propaganda that they are barely able to form coherent sentences in the only language they speak.

Romanians are Gypsies
The term Romania comes from Roma which is a name for gypsies

Now less retardation more video games ya' fucks.

i feel like deus vult, pls help me, i want to control army of picrel

AoE 2 Games you faggots, whose up for some cheap fun seeing as the thread is somewhat dead for the time being.

You are a colossal retard.

He's right, though, autist.

T-thank you anons

You are a fucking retard too. Read a book.

Where are your proofs

You still around user? I'd like to play some aoe

Still here mate, I'm up for one.

Alright, I'm ready for whenever you are.

*ready for a match

RTS Faggot Extravangaza, same as usual. Let's go nerd.

Any Star wars galactic battlegrounds fags around? Anyone wanna play?

I just want a RTS where I do need to build my own base and survive waves of enemies without need to attack.

like a DF fortress mode.

Good game m8, ya' really shouldn't send villagers out to fight archers and swordsmen even if the situation is dire since it's mostly wasted - just build around the TC and there ain't shit I can do about it since I was nowhere near having the resources needed for castle age.

I think I might make one.

Is there a steam group?

I just want to make a defence the fortress starship trooper game.

Yeah that was probably a bad idea.

Ayup.

Ah well, feel like going for another? Got an inch and nothing else to do for the rest of the night

Yeah, give me like 15 to do some school work and then I'll be up for it

Sure thing m8, just lemme know when.

Χαλάζι!

Καταστρέψτε ανατολίτες!

Alright, I'm ready

Same name as before m8, RTS Faggot Extravaganza.

I told myself before this game I was gonna win, and by God I did.

Baited like a motherfucker, whoever told me a decent size armada of Galleys can counter fire ships can eat a dick.

Maybe it could have worked if you were kiting, but that would have required some deal of micro.

I tried but the delay was fucking me over. I got mad enough just to say fuck it and start amassing since I had a huge economic advantage due to the fishing ships that slipped from me without noticing.

It hasn't been as bad as the first game last night but it's still noticeable.

Indeed. They can still be used to capture tib spikes and mutant hovels though. Against humans they are also good.

Good call though, I forgot that the cheating fuck AI instant sells any engineer that gets within capture distance.

But the ones you have realistic chances of holding to to justify the expenditure/barracks production time would most likely be reachable by engineers on foot. Anything too far from your base to quickly throw troops at is better off blown to pieces.

Proxy Signal Transmitter produces the most delicious tears.

Scorched earth Panzer elite says hi

meant for

That that back!

How does it feel being the cancer that helped to kill the RTS genre?

Without starcraft, especially starcraft 1, people would not even know the name of the genre.

The genre will only be dead once people stop playing. It matters not whether it is new games or classics that stood the test of time. So what if no new contenders managed to raise as high as the tried and true favourites in a long while? This genre is not for ADHD kids.

Without starcraft, especially starcraft 1, people would not even know the name of the genre.

You mentioned Starcraft 2 nigger, Not Brood Wars which was at least good. Starcraft 2 raped the custom games scene+maps and focused far too much on "muh esports" Don't change the goalposts.

Custom maps were and still are hugely popular.
New games used to appear every week or so. All the best ones were remade, even some from warcraft.
Now they even made the entire custom map section free to play, and the activity there at least appears to be even greater than on the ladder.
In any case, the only reason why I played starcraft2 for so long is soley due to all the custom maps.
Maybe if you could out some arguments in there you wouldn't seem like somebody who hasen't even played starcraft2 himself.

Oh look new RTS.
I can't keep checking out upcomming rts and always find shit in there.

How does that make sense? Tactics instead of strategy implies a much smaller "strategic" scale, then Strategy.
In Total War you have the grand strategic scale on the campaign map, which is a very important part of the game.
You also have the (in comparison) tactical scale in battle maps. I say in comparison, because a single unit or two has as much men as for example the maximum unit of soldiers in Mount and Blade. The maximum unit count of games like Warcraft 3 and Starcraft 2 also just about represents one or two battalions.

Battle for Middle Earth 2 is an RTS and no one calls it a RTT!!! They also have regiments with individual orc units in them. The only difference is that you can build units ad hoc on the battlemap.

There even is a grand campaign modus, where you build units on the campaign map and fight battles out like Total War.

Face it. To survive RTS needs to adapt and change from the formula. I am glad to see Strategy games like Total War getting popular.

I also like Cossacks (still waiting for 3 to get patched more, before I play). It has fairy unique RTS mechanics, like battles involving a lot of units and walls not being able to be destroyed except for siege engines.

But in arcade you only get the most repetitive of mods. The quality of mods is leagues below wc3.

But it's a StarCraft clone. The Monolith lookalike is a Terran Command Center equivalent.

Doesn't look too bad. Although I really doubt it has anything special to show.

Seems considerably worse. The only sure similarity I see is the marines and the smaller scale.

Pretty much summed up most recent RTS games in a nutshell. Nothing is better than shit that has came out over a decade ago in some cases.

As clones are wont to be.

Total War Warhammer is the most popular RTS in recent history and has many special things going for it.

I agree, it has terrible gameplay compared to many of the previous games.

I'd rather not anything /r/

I do want a COH2 overhaul mod, but this looks like complete shit.

Actually there is one RTS with that proactive NPC third party. Blight of the Immortals. Its sort of a card/board game, but it IS real time and in the vs mode (normally its coop vs zombies) the zombies are still in the game and they can easily overwhelm a player and then force the warring factions to either unite or die to zombie hordes.

Yes, building units on the battle map is what makes it an RTS, because its an abstraction of a much larger campaign, hence strategy. Total War doesn't have the logistics portion of the game in its battles.

The new map editor was hellishly difficult to use compared to the old, especially for modifying existing abilities.

Also in its initial release the custom game browser could not manually browse sessions and ONYL ever brought up the top games unless you scrolle dthrough 800 pages of games manually or typed the games specific search in, you could browse by genre but there were only like 4 genres so 200 pages each.

RTS has onsite resource collection, management and production. RTT don't.

Total War games are a GSG with RTT battles.

All of this is blizzard's fault.

Not just initial release. It got some work in the last expansion and is still fucked with the review bullshit.
A fucking reddit karma system, for maps.

previous games of the series, yes

impossible to do it dynamically or at least hard with the standard rts formula

Well, frontlines only are a thing since ww1.

Even Napoleon didn't really have a frontline. Look at how he attacked Russia. He just bumrushed for Moscow.

This

And it doesn't need to.

Fuck all the people who want the standard rts formula and then complain about rts games not brining anything new to the table.

But why call it tactical, if Total War is more strategic and bigger in scale than RTS games?

Shouldn't if something is bigger be called strategical in comparison to something that is smaller?

I played some rts games which didn't have that. There was an old ww2 game I dont rememeber the name of, but you only had the units you start with. Sometimes you could "buy more" through doing awesome things, but you were mostly limited to what you started with and scripted reinforcements.

Also aren't there Warhammer 40k games where you don't have onsite ressource collection?

Anyway, you are pleb for being stuck in your ways.

SC2 modder here, biggest issues:

What I hope is that enough actually ambitious in-depth mods show up for people to see the true potential, since editor is fantastic, and it would be a shame to see it rot, but I don't expect Blizz to do anything to fix it now.

WarCraft wasn't a D&D-based game though.

It's the closest thing to DnD for me with all those roleplay maps where you could build and freeform own adventures.

>>>/reddit/

The custom game browser one literally had multiple people giving it as the reason they didn't do SC2 modding. Most of the "Azeroth Wars" and "Dark Ages of Warcraft" mapmakers (there were a lot of versions) basically all said the browser and documentation were the reason they wouldn't swap plus the SC2 card game dev had a MASSIVE blog post fuming about the fucking browser before he discontinued his map and a similar thing with The Parasite dev.

I'm not sayin it needs it to be a good game, I'm sayin it needs it to be an RTS. If you don't have the production and logistics, its got no strategy, only tactics.

Its not bigger or more strategic. it just has more bodies on the screen. Units in a typical RTS are more of an abstraction, real wars aren't fought with 30 dudes. But the aspect of supply and map control and scouting is all contained in RTS games whilst RTT has none of that, total War's map game is turn based and rather disjointed from its battles.

Sorry to reply to you three times like a retard, I'm jumpin the gun here and posting too early each time.
Dawn of War does have resource collection, you just don't use workers for it. Securing control points on the map and upgrading them with structures produces the resources.

What the fuck are you guys even playing?

More like SpellForce then.

more like eternally waiting for a faf noob game

play AoEhd with me, you fucboi

Trying to decide whether to complete the latest TibSun run, scratch off some of the rust in C&C3 or maybe reinstall something else.

Dat map selection.

Install SWGB:CC. I'll teach you how to play and git gud.

genuinely bad at AoE2, would only go for team games

we're all bad at AoE2

It looks like they were deriving creative inspiration from AoE. Does it play like AoE?

Don't like hd, does anyone even play conquerors or the forgotten (non hd free version) on voobly anymore?

But what if it does that so much more realistic and detailed outside the battle map?

You are acting like it doesn't have that, while it's like a less detailed paradox game on the campaign map.

That's not true. It has more stategic depth, because compare 20 knights in AoE2 clobbing each other with a full scale battle and actual enflankments. It actually matters which way the units are facing, you can rear attack, ambush, etc.

Cossacks is one of the RTS who is much better at being less abstract about those thing. You can't attack walls with soldiers for example.

And in Total War Attila the unit numbers are kinda accurate. It typically doesn't get much larger than that. Medieveal battles were fought with just a few thousand soldiers. Sometimes more ofc.

Do you mean actual building houes (lmao) or things like ressource collection to the front, because Idk any game which does this.

Completly bullshit. Scouting plays a role in Total War. Map control as well.

One of the hardest battles against the AI I ever fought was with my ikko ikki ashigaru army against a full force of half ashigaru, half samurai.

It was insanley difficulty, because they were hiding on a hill on the edge of a map. Map control gave them a huge advantage, because they just camped there.

This was also on of the few times, where I actually pulled back my regiments from the frontline after a long battle. Waited for them to refresh and charge again. Rarely that happens, because the battle is typically decided by just one meele engagement.

Factorio, Rimworld, Total War Attila, the Dark Mod, Fear, WFTO and Popolous Undiscovered Worlds

Popolous has a very cool mechanic imo.

I wish more games were like this. Makes it perfect to control.

I haven't touched the last 2 missions though. I dont feel like it atm.

It literally uses the same engine as AoE2. People usually call it a "reskin" but it's got a lot of different mechanics/balance.

for

I'm pretty sure the bulk of the competitive community stayed on voobly. Same with the age of mythology community. Partly cause they're purists and partly cause the implementation of the Steam versions was pretty fucking rocky, and voobly is a "solid" platform.

Yeah, it gives off the vibe. Not that I hate AoE, it just never "clicked" with me. I did spend some enjoyable weeks with Empire Earth, but I think that makes me a filthy casual with regards to the progenitor series.

Elaborate.

air, jedi, mechs, etc
the balance is wildly different
and the main problem is that troopers have trash unit costs (only food and carbon) but are like fucking archers. so t1/t2 trooper rushes are really common.
a well-microed mech or air rush is strong as well

I'd rather pick the poison I already know and can tolerate.

If anyone wondered why Strategy is dead, here it is.

Man, that engine was a horrible choice for a game with flying units and 99% ranged attackers.

nah dude you just didn't give it a chance.
and if you want to give the engine shit it should be over how retarded the workers' pathfinding is. those stupid fucks will finish a tree, and then walk a fucking mile to start a new one when there was a perfectly good tree right next to the carbon processor.

Okay, I watched some gameplay and it doesn't seem as bad as I thought at first. Micro seems to be less important than that remark implied. I'll have to try it some time and see how it goes I suppose. Still, it does feel really similar to AoE in general. Lots of hard counters isn't something I usually like.

It's an alright game, but it feels really stiff, flying units especially, if that makes any sense. Maybe it's just that I played too much AoE and a Star Wars game feels like a mod. Bad pathfinding is just a bonus.

Almost forgot: are all hover units unable to travel above water? I've seen some Trade Federation droids mounted on hover vehicles that could not.

only flying units and ships can pass over water. you're probably thinking of the trade federation strike mech. mechs are land units, even if some of them do "hover"

It's great fun, duders. you know if it was a mod for AoE2 it would have a huge cult following. But since lucasarts put it out it gets shit on by wet blankets.

Scout first and foremost. But possibly that too.

I'm fairly certain that the thing in your first pic was shown to fly over water in one of the movies. I get it that they couldn't get hovers to work or an almost all-hover faction would have been too unbalanced, just a bit annoying.

Idk. yeah i remember them flying, but I usually play as gungans anyway. they're so bullshit on random map because they're just so unfairly strong at water fights.

I'd rather deal with faggots spamming Aztecs in 1v1's. The damn thing had some great ideas but it was heavily held back by the engine to the point it wasn't fun.

Speaking of which, AOE2, whose up.

you wont bully me for being bad, will you?

It is a little homogenized and I've found the RNG criticals to be annoying- not from flak or other small cannons specifically, just in general on damaging nonpens & nonfatal pens- but I find it enjoyable. The lethality gives it a very deliberate pace and makes blobbing a no-go for both players and the AI, while I don't find the removal of gamey things like only certain units being able to haul ass or certain armies having MG nests to be a problem. Try it if you haven't already. If you like it, you like it, if you hate it, you hate it. To each their own.

I will say this, though. Beside the usual psychic breakthrough probing, fuck the AI's Krautmower spam, and its propensity for light vehicle abuse in general. It will either totally screw them over if they try to advance into good battle lines drawn on less open maps leading them to eat MG fire and light infantry AT that the AI doesn't consider dangerous in low concentration even with good cover & sight, or will obnoxiously sit just out of range of AT abilities in the complete open and force you into getting interim solutions like light or medium AT to cover a larger area, which makes acquiring a quality advantage & offensive footing from going for more long lasting solutions like medium tanks harder, meaning you really have to work harder to bleed the enemy if they start getting army out first in spite of their losses.

Makes it hard to get a good late game slugging match, as you'll either effectively or actually knock them out too early or end up stressedly bleeding them white with minimal resources, which while enjoyable is a little straining. I'm very grateful when playing Soviets that the Su-76 is so readily available and versatile. Assault gun against anything that can't pen it, screened mobile AT against anything that can, and shoot-&-scoot artillery against anything it can't pen but can case the poor bloody tank followers of.

It's not eliminating army differences. It gives depth to armies by allowing a degree of flexibility in strategy. Not allowing MG emplacements is like having AoE 2 Huns only being allowed to build cavalry archers.

Nea nig. Sorry for the late response, my power went out unfortunately. If you're up for it we can play later tonight at around the same time.

How about we have a little "what went wrong/wtat went right/how they could've fixed that" discussion. I'll start with Rise of Legends:
They tried to copy Starcraft
Faction looks, story-related missions and their gimmicks
Make factions more diverse (like using different resources)

Stick to the historical aspect instead of going full-fantasy, fix the End-Game issues from RON, more border / town creation autism tools.

they shoved a million annoying checks in the way of booming/snowballing
Idk what they were going for, but they made the game more linear and rote strategy rehearsal

They made RoL instead of RoN2.

If they fixed what says, I am sure it would have had real staying power like AoE2.

We should make a cross-chan /rts/ steam group

Should I post the webm?

About Wargame, does anyone "normal" play the game, I don't think I have seen a player with a winrate of less than 80% and 1k games. All lobbies have dumb rules and/or stacked teams, i figured the teams would even out by random chance once in a while , but it seems everyone makes their own lobbies to pubstomp.
I hoped to get some value out of it using the bump after jew release but it only reminds me why i dropped playing it early.

t. Salty Scrub

there's nowhere to meme about rts since /rtsg/ died

Anyone up for voobly swgb?

pfft how and why the fuck would they do that.
fighting for map control is the best part of RTS games.
I wish RTS games were more like age of mythology where map control is rewarding and being trapped in your base will gold starve you.

would love to murder that man

Επίθεση!

why?

he looks a bit jewish, doesn't he?

bump

Alright nerds, who wants to do some AoE2 before we have to get a new thread up and rolling

Is Oil Rush any good? I have it, but I never actually played it.