Real talk: HOW THE FUCK WILL YOU FIGHT ENEMIES LIKE THE RUBY WEAPON?

Real talk: HOW THE FUCK WILL YOU FIGHT ENEMIES LIKE THE RUBY WEAPON?

I was rethinking the gameplay of this since FFXV is coming close and looks kind of garbage combat wise and while this does keep a form of ATB and traditional UI even if its got free movement the camera change really seems to bring a lot of final third boss fights into question layout wise.

Other urls found in this thread:

craveonline.com/entertainment/936579-final-fantasy-vii-remake-devs-say-might-change-honey-bee-inn-people-pissed
finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Final_Fantasy_VII_enemies
us.blizzard.com/en-us/games/legacy/
falcom.co.jp/ys12_psp/features.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

That was one of the concerns that popped into my head when I first saw this style of gameplay.

It's very kinetic and it looks visually impressive.. But FF7 had you fighting robots and demon houses and monster porcupine things in the slums and then you go out into the world and you're fighting giant snakes and shit.

At this point, I can't even honestly say that I believe modern devs are capable of putting together a game full of all the weird shit that FF7 had. Golden Saucer alone poses so many problems that I fear it won't even be included.

QTEs

Probably with a Gundam

Oh wait nevermind I'm retarded and can't read filenames

This remake is gonna blow. That's all there is to it. Combat looks like kh tier mash x to win. Barret looks retarded, cloud looks anorexic. They already stated that bigs, wedge, and Jessie are going to get more backstory, Midgar will be "expanded", their going to "change the story" in their words. A lot of it will be rewritten to appeal to western sensibilities, it's going to be split into multiple parts, goes on and on. And yes golden saucer will come back because of it didn't people would bitch, it's probably going to be changed up, so instead of jumping into holes, you'll have an actual theme park.

This is depressingly plausible.

Personally i want to see what comes from the resources. A lot of Midgar was based on test stuff for Parasite Eve, if they used this new more New York than ever midgar for a PE remake i'd be happy.

Well they already said and i quote "kingdom hearts is the most action, dissidia is below that, crisis core is below that and this is below crisis core" so thats what makes me wonder.

Honestly i think they are going to pull a FFX with the weapons like the boat to luca and the fights will go more like Grandias.

Apparently I've been comatose under a rock for some time and had no idea this was a thing. Can you tl;dr what's this about?

The remake is coming to PC? Since, at the very least, with the new assets someone could recreate the original game.

FFVII remake on PS4 and PC, not as one game but expanded parts. First part is a vastly expanded in size midgar. New sections get added, cross dressing cloud remains to many triggered cries and its free movement but still has an atb system though it appears damage can push it back.

So far i dont expect anything more than FFXII tier and the camera suggests to me some fights need a LOT of reworking but i think it sounds better than FFXV honestly.

Granted this is technically a 'new' game retelling a story and FFXV is a frankensteined nightmare made of a decade of development hell.

I'll tell you how:
Ruby what?

Do you really think cross dressing won't be altered in some way to appeal to liberal faggots? Come on now user, you and I both know square has no balls and this shit is gonna suck

You won't fight them because it's never getting made. There's going to be so much
SPECULATION
CONTROVERSY

they'll most likely shit out the train segment before entering shinra for the first Episode, not be able to handle the legitimate problems, design, and business decisions SE makes, and cancel it all together and blame the fans.

Barring the fact that it will be a guaranteed clusterfuck of different decisions (probably worse than XV because they will be in more "financial trouble" then now) it's telling that it is "news" that they won't remove the cross dressing scene to not offend SJWs or creep out Bandwagoners.

Someone hasn't watched Kingsglaive.

Weapons are back niggs.

Bare in mind brother, this is Final Fantasy VII. Devs cave to SJWs when they think it effects sales negatively. We all know fucking everyone and their dog that owns a PS4 and PC will likely buy the midgar part 1 game if they played it in the 90's. Its not my favourite FF game but the nostalgia when you hear aeriths theme overrides the decade of kingdom heart "sephie is mai bishie" fangirl emo shit. This game will sell. It could be dogshit but the name will sell. They have no reason to fear SJW's complaining on this. FF7 is as close to untouchable as a videogame ip could be.

okay i havent what is it?

Then new FFXV movie that came out this week. They are making the Weapons another multi game thing like chocobos and moogles. They also show up in world of final fantasy.

There are people who care/watch anything related to FFXV?

I'm not going to lie to you user. I really like The Spirits Within and watch it every year at least once.

Think about this. It will affect sales negatively if a tumblefuck writes an article about how triggered he will be and says he won't buy it. The SJW wasn't a fan and would easily drop buying it but the fanboy waiting years for a remake will most likely buy it for any reason. You think SE won't make changes to appeal to SJWs to get that extra 1 or 2 sales and bank on the fact that FF fans are desperate enough to buy their games no matter what state they are in?

To add on to that what news would make you not buy the Remake?

Also is Kingsglaive really worth watching or will factor some meaningful way into the FFXV universe at all?

Spirits Within are now related to FFXV? Or why are you mentioning it?

I think they said that a lot of random battles will happen in general map areas like that but bosses and shit will be set pieces using a more classic battle style.

t. user who talks out his ass

Because sometimes i'll watch a crap cgi movie if its nostalgic in some manner.

Still think XV itself is going to be a mediocre but better than 13 game.

that's hardly an accomplishment

Everything I've heard about Kingsglaive is that it's a garbage movie with a shitty plot.. But the action scenes are top tier and it looks fucking gorgeous.. and in their infinite brilliance, it sets up some extremely important plot elements that make the opening sequence and some other parts of the story in the actual game make a lot more sense.

In short, Squenix fucked up hard and shot themselves in the food by making an important part of the experience for FFXV require that everyone go see a limited release theatrical length cutscene.

But what does that have to do with what I posted in ?

It's gotta have more than a "better than 13" stamp on it to make me buy.

But I'm just too jaded and burnt by XIII to even consider buying it.

gotta have that cross-media marketing. And honestly, who wants to work on games, they're really hard and stuff

That's like saying getting shot in the gut is better than getting shot right between the eyes.

I think brand loyalty indoctrination is stronger than SJW complaining in some cases. Not for much, but FF7, Ocarina of Time, Mario 64, Resident Evil 4 and a few other games are so ingrained in "you fuckers will buy this shit again and again" businesmen mentality it becomes somewhat immune to that.

All of the people like this either have families now or have given up on Final Fantasy entirely. Square-Enix is not remaking FF7 for existing fans. They're remaking it for an entirely new generation with no existing connection to the franchise.

Are you retarded or something? That's more reason than ever to cater to them as they are more financially capable and won't have time to spread word about how bad the games are. Or are you some retard who thinks "oh now that someone is older they will suddenly stop enjoying something"?

I've seen more people just drop video games as they get older instead of keep up with old franchises.

Oh the story is crap but the fight scenes get Bayo tier at points. Its worth a pirate.

FF7 is being remade on PS4. It's going to be a set of full games that are strung together. Their excuse seems to be they wanted to expand the scope of the game while still including every little detail from before, so it seems what would take up one disc on the PS1 game will be increased in scale to the point that it's now a whole game of its own. The first game might be confined entirely to Midgar, or end on a cliffhanger where Aeris dies, for example. We'll know when it's out.

The battle system is being rehauled into something like Crisis Core or Lightning Returns where you can freely run around in actionized battles, but you're still confined to an ATB bar that determines when you can hit something. People are concerned how certain bosses will work with this new, very different battle system now that you can position yourself and avoid attacks entirely, instead of just hoping the word "MISS" appears when you get hit.

That seems to be the gist of this. If I've gotten anything wrong, anyone is free to correct me.

Personally I'm excited for this but who knows, it might be shit in the end

I think you are grossly underestimating the practices around milking their 'national treasures' like FF7 and Evangelion. Not a week goes by without either getting new merch in Nippon and its not young people buying it.

Fuck 13 poisoned the brand well so bad in Japan children think of final fantasy as a rythmn game series on their 3DS.

So far i've noticed cloud is scrawny but muscled and a bit snarky which isnt the emo boipussy of crisis core.

I just hope Tifas glorious tits are fine. They kept lulus massive G cups in FFX even though the half shaved tumblr youth screamed for it to change.

Why do you insist on defending this shit so ferverently? They know fanboys are depraved and will buy it no matter what, so why not cater to tumblrcucks too? Its a business to them. They want to appeal to people who won't buy it off name alone, because the people who will are guaranteed. Also stop saying SJW, that's Reddit tier babbys first redpill shit. They're liberals, just liberals. All liberals are sjw tier, if not by their actions, by their mentality.

I meant foot.
It's a euphemism for doing things that harm yourself.

???

Also there is no brand after Final Fantasy 13.

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if Tifa's just a tad smaller, considering the more realistic look, but ideally I'm still hoping she's got a nice rack in the end.

I know what you meant, I just thought the typo was funny. It's all good.

However it's done it won't be fun. You should try the demo
HOOOOO WEEE
it has some terrifyingly bad combat.

Because they did this with lightning returns and it bombed while bravely second was bought in droves, not because sjws went "yes they censored it!" but because final fantasy fans wanted that job system FF5 gameplay again.

Money talks the loudedest and as we have seen with things like DOAX3 the regressive left dont have any power in the east unless the devs let their marketing and western departments get fully infiltrated and for SE that group is too busy in the western shit like Deus Ex.

The 'jews fear the samurai' meme kind of rings true here. They tried really hard to crybully japan and it worked a bit but for a small time but devs like kamiya and the DOAX team are proving they dont need to cave.
Theres too much money in FF7 to avoid pushing away their audience that will buy anything with a cloud image on. Where this a new release like XV i could agree but some things are too profitable to mess with

Crisis Core cloud was the upbeat rookie just trying to impress his superiors, but getting a bit more comfortable and casual with Zack over time because of Zack's natural charisma and informality.

i mis typed, i meant the emo sack of shit of advent children.

When's this game supposed to release anyway? Honestly I'd rather just go back and play the original. They should have never tried to make any sequels or spin offs, and they definitely shouldn't have made that shitty advent children movie. All they really need to do is take the same exact fucking game and remake it with better character models, textures, lighting, and all that other visual flare, and possibly recreate all of the original's locations in 3D. In addition, they could add some extra bosses like they did in the GBA remakes of IV V and VI. Some extra dungeons, a beastiary, some alternate character outfits, and just general nostalgia bait easter egg type shit. Oh, and they could just rewrite the story so that the pacing isn't absolutely fucked and that events are explained in more detail than before.

It's what they did with all the other games, and they turned out more or less decent.

That makes more sense, yeah.

Like even in the end of Crisis Core, Cloud has every reason to act the way he did considering what JUST happened to him, but yeah in Advent he gets a bit ridiculous.

Japan is caving by the fact that DOAX3 didn't get physical imports in the west because of SJWs and Kamiya and platinum games taking checks from Microsoft making a generic, psuedo monster hunter clone instead of more games like bayo or Wonderful 101.

I can't wait.

Okay, I getcha.

Maybe if you play on baby mode but every game becomes mash X to win in baby mode.

That awkward yet awesome phase in gaming where they were trying new stuff but still anchored to a SNES design philosophy.

user i don't mean this in a rude way but how old are you? are you under 25 and a predominantly pc based gamer?

Because i'm 28 and thats on the younger side for the PS1 generation and i know people that treated FF7 remake as the Half Life 3 of console games since then.

The people buying this will be 30 or over for the majority. I am absolutely certain.

Remember when it was unveiled and the 30 somethings chimped out and the 20 something millenials just stared confused?

Thats why i dont think it will cave to SJWs. This is the console Half Life 3 for these people. Its happening, its actually happening and they will buy it minute one. You have no need to pander when you are selling the half life 3 of consoles. You are going to bet the biggest jrpg sales of the last 15 years even if the game sucks.

They can't push their audience away based name alone. They know people will buy it. They will cave to appeal to shareholders who worry about potential sales, they are in dire straights and they can't afford controversy, even though it's inevitable.
Also
Again, ALL leftists are like that. All of them are "sjws". Regressive left isn't even a term I see often on here. Are you from Reddit or did you come crawling out of Holla Forums?

Fun Fact: old square soft employees still at SE call this the 'golden era' in interviews.

If they keep the monsters and all this shit the same, the new FF7 is going to be hilarious and terrifying all at once.

Remember these fucking Unknown things? Imagine seeing these bastards fully rendered.

There is no worry about potential sales here, thats the crux of my point. It is the console equivalent of valve going "we arent sure if the market is there for half life 3, better pander". There are some titles that are always going to have their audience. Thats like thinking nintendo worries the pokemon audience isnt there anymore. It just doesnt happen for some titles, the sales on RE4 relreleases never drop because some games simply make people go fucking crazy over them forever.

Those things won't be in this remake. This remake is going to be like a modern reinterpretation of a classic film. In other words, it's going to hit all the major plot beats but it's going to be a half assed botch job that will remove all the unique and interesting content from the original and replace it with scenarios that follow industry trends. Little Timmy won't want to look at these monster designs, they're too old and not cool. My guess is the Shinra army is going to take a more prominent role in this game, and you'll see a lot of mechanized monstrosities that are devised to somewhat appear like classic enemies.

Here you go
craveonline.com/entertainment/936579-final-fantasy-vii-remake-devs-say-might-change-honey-bee-inn-people-pissed

Straight from the directors mouth. They will change honey bee inn and cross dressing due to different social situation.

Its fucked.

Thanks internet vultures.

aka "we are guaging this shit to see if it pisses off our monstrously large core audience to see if its worth doing or not'.

It doesnt cost any development time to put out a statement like this and guage the metrics on reactions to it. They are far more likely to change the rape dungeon section than change the fact that there is a character willing to cross dress, especially in this day and age.

Worst case i expect is they change the transvestite gym owners dialogue. In the age of jojo going mainstream that shit isn't the stark contrast it once was.

To be quite honest I didn't even think that subplot would make it in, it's filler at best and the new FFVII won't be as long as the original as it would cost more than GTA V and Destiny put together, and I can't honestly see the Advent Children writers be able to make funny stuff as the original.
Let's not even go into Vincent Valentine cut story territory.
They should get back Kitase to direct at the very least.

They were faggot wrestlers. Look user, this shit is fucked. Its not gonna go out of its way to piss off tha commies and it's not gonna be good both in gameplay and story changes. Also what is with the way you talk?
What the fuck? You reek of reddit.

They won't be in the game. It'll be "too difficult to implement with the shitty battle system that nobody asked for"

They will probably heavily scripted as the big bosses in FFXV, but they can't leave them out, they're an integral part of the plot and as important as Jenova and the Lifestream.

might can go both ways, meaning that they'll take the path of least effort and not even bother to work on that part of the story and claim "it's not essential"

Now thats what i wonder about edit wise: You only encounter Sephiroth in flashbacks and the very end. Every other encounter is Jenova. I can imagine that being changed. It conflicts with the monster element of her right from her introduction in the shinra building.

God damn it.
The Weapons are such a cool idea and well executed as both story and optional bosses.
But I'd prefer if they left them alone and created something new instead, because like OP mentioned, fighting something like that in FFXV or the FFVII remake just can't be done properly.

Just let the hopelessly optimistic redditcuck figure out the hard way. No point in arguing with these faggots.

In an RPG it's nigh on impossible to avoid taking damage (bar strategies that make you dodge everything), so you have to keep your guys healthy enough to survive the next big hit.

In an action RPG- the companions AI is so shit, there is no point in trying to keep them alive. They walk into AoE. Might as well keep all the good healing items and spells for yourself.

Not to mention the reaction it got means Square only need to sell the new audience what they think FF7 was like to rake in mad cash.

It'll be a good action RPG, but it won't be FF7.

KH tier would be preferable to FFXV's combat, at least from what I've seen in the demo so far.

Literally hold down O to Auto-Attack, hold down Square to Auto-Defend.

Turnbased is old and anachronistic - but it's also been polished to a mirror fucking shine, and is perfectly suitable for jrpgs provided they don't try to add in a bunch of arbitrary gimmicks that don't work very well to try to differentiate it.

KH wasn't even that bad, the bonus bosses in the first one were legit challenging.

I think the Parasite Eve/Vagrant Story idea has legs it just needs a good Koudelka style game to get the tone right.

to be fair I already said that I'm completely turned off on Square enix and calling him cuck and reddit doesn't sound like their is a point in arguing with you either.

*there

Blame it on Tabata's old man hands

Why are you so sure it's coming out on PC?

and isnt every FF game on PC now after the last year of ports?

FFXV won't be as far as I know.
It's not a great loss but with Squeenix in the shitter as it is and making bad decisions as ever(DQ everyone) I don't see them spending enough to port it right on the PC.

This remake will hopefully kill this cancerous genre once and for all

Instead of all this baseless "hurr they're going to appeal to X! No, to Y!" shit, stick the the facts. What do we know about SE games lately? That they've been either designed from the get-go with SJWs in mind, or censored during localization for the same reason. What else do we know? That they've already said that they're changing the game. Put two and two together and it's likely that they're going to fuck with the game.

Either way it's going to be episodic shit from modern day Square-Enix and filled with microtransaction bullshit. If you buy it, you're a fucking retard.

People call it the regressive left to point out how they pretend to be progressive but are really the opposite. It's not like when people try to claim that there are good feminists.

the SE employee that posted on here said its coming but it will be more than a year after it comes out on ps4 / xbone

he was right about EVERYTHING ELSE so it must be true

they also showed gameplay at an nvidia tech show. why i the fuck would they be working with nvidia if BOTH systems use AMD gpus ??

Like what?
Nobody got raped or anything like that in FFVII

That is a thing that actually happens, user.

I have a feeling that, if anything, they might make battles in the way XIII was supposedly supposed to be. Cutscene-esque without auto-play, although knowing SE it'll have auto-play anyway. Sort of like what the proof of concept or alpha trailer or whatever the fuck that bullshit trailer was for XIII originally.

Of course they probably won't have the balls to bullshit the idea that it'll actually play out anywhere near as 'dynamically' as it did in that XIII trailer, because the whole world knows how XIII ended up. But I sincerely doubt it'll go full KH. Maybe it'll work in a way that allows random encounters to phase into the world.

My other guess is that it'll feel uncomfortably similar to Dissidia's command mode.

How to instantly spot someone that never actually played KH.

What if Tifa gets Lightning ass?

To be honest.
Everything but the bonus content was piss easy.

On critical (the only difficulty you should be playing)?
Have fun with these fuckers, among others.

They dont want the irish audience that badly.

I reaaaally hope that this remake turns out to be an improvement over the original, but deep down inside I know it's not going to happen

finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Final_Fantasy_VII_enemies
Wew, I don't remember even half of them, but they're really damn bizarre.

It's almost like what Metroid: Zero Mission is to Fusion. At that point, barring characters and story of course, isn't it more accurate to say that the Final Fantasy VII Remake is more closely an immediate Final Fantasy XV remake that differs only in a familiar setting and story rather than a Final Fantasy VII remake as they are both mechanically separate entities altogether with entirely different gameplay?

Anyways, how can you blame SquareEnix? They squeezed out as much mileage out of that turd known as Final Fantasy XIII by using that games assets to make 3 games out of a single unpopular entry relying off of diehard fans of the franchise to soften the blow of XIII's failure. Now is the right time for SquareEnix to play it safe and dig up VII's corpse for insurance just in case XV flops, if you ask me

To be fair, both XIII-2 and XIII-3 were both leagues better than XIII, the story was more retarded because Toriyama but the devs at least knew how to make a better game at that point.

I don't have a problem with this at all, if that's how it turns out.

The original game's not going anywhere. I imagine they put it up on the PS4 for exactly this reason.

The last I checked they said they MIGHT make a PC version, but definitely not at launch, it'd be something they'd do a few years later.

I'm a bit behind, so perhaps that no longer applies and I'm wrong.

I actually unironically enjoyed the XIII sequels

XIII-2's pokemon mechanics are actually pretty well made. The battle system is still annoying as fuck but running around and doing sidequests and figuring out the puzzles was pretty fun.

I also really, really liked making costumes in LR and exploring the world and saving people was fun

Why don't any of you faggots just get on the Japanese Shitter, so you can actually force Nomura to respond to fans saying no one has to worry about Tifa's tits?

That depends on what you did in The Honey Bee Inn.

Because people like him can and will just lie about it. Are you retarded?

Probably like monster hunter but more "responsive"

The only man in videogames who gets away with lying is Todd Howard.

Nomura already promised something as silly as Cloud as he's come to be known because of other media dressing as a woman. Remember the rage when Star Ocean 5 just messed with a character's panties, but just because people in another country bitched about sexualizing teenagers?

It's going to be an okay JRPG that will play out like an alternate timeline to FF7.

Through downloadable content

wew

There's nothing wrong with it in theory. That's how Atlus operates, they invest in 3d models of SMT demons and then make 5 or 6 games around them, adding ten or so each game until they've got a massive pile.

probably with an enormous sword and lots of over the top cuhrayzee attacks

are you retarded?

is your whoremother addicted to nigger cox?

this is literally just turn-based combat with free movement thrown in.

yeah, me neither.

shit-tier combat like tbs is never acceptable. its literally the worst type of rpg combat there is and was only used because pcs/consoles back tghen didn't have enough processor power to display anything else. we should be moving away from such shitty combat systems asap.

Is this a new meme you're trying to force here?

Well, at this point I can understand why they're splitting it up because its not a 1:1 remake. Its hardly even the same genre. I just hope they make it worthwhile.

Its already a meme, friend. If you don't like it go back to halfchan where you have to get hotpocket approval to make a meme.

You know, you see these tech demos of these really cool robotic prosthetic hands that tap directly into nerve signals to achieve complex motion. But you know, that technology generally isn't ever adopted - and it's not necessarily about cost, but because those demos are only impressive on a demo reel. In practice, they just aren't as functional and utilitarian as hooks and pre-shaped hand attachments for specific tasks. The best prosthetic legs are still basically metal rods attached to shoes, or with a bent spring heel.

Do you get the analogy and how it applies? You don't give up a perfectly functional and well developed crutch, if the alternative is a broken mess of shit that's just going to leave you frustrated and disappointed.

Maybe JRPGs will one day find a way to make real-time combat without being near universally shit, and it will be pretty great once they do, but we ain't there yet.

They tap directly into nerve signals, but not directly into the nervous system. If you could control the prosthetic limbs as easily and intuitively as your own flesh and blood, you can bet they'll make simpler prosthetics obsolete. But we aren't quite at that level of biotechnology.

The conclusion here is pretty much the same as what you posted, though. These so-called advancements are approximations of a thing, being passed off as that thing, without actually being as good as that thing they are being sold as being.

Luddites like you are for the gas chamber.

My dad works at Dragon Quest and he said you're wrong.

And this is the reason why modern JRPG action combat is so shit.

Without experimentation and failure we would never get ahead.

We've had experimentation and failure for over 2 decades and are regressing. Both types of RPGs can exist, there is zero reason they can't.

I'm not saying they can't, but to imply we shouldn't even try because we haven't yet succeeded is basis enough to purge his whole family tree.

I dont know if I want to laugh at or feel pity for the FF7 fans

It's not like it's their fault SE keeps fucking up everything they touch, from games, to ports, to remakes to translations.

I can't believe a company this inept is still in business. FFXV is gonna punch them real hard in the wallet.

I never understood this meme. Turn based was a style based off DnD gameplay, it has nothing to do with technology you regard. Real time rpgs assisted back then, consider ys, star ocean, and tales started on the snes/tg 16. Not to mention others such as terranigma, alundra, secret of mana and so on. You're either an underage or not well versed in jrpgs.

pick one

You haven't refuted my point. And yes Ys is an rpg considering you level up, gain equipment with visable numerical stats, and gain experience post battle.

what is censored, i'm curious

Its going to be "slam triangle to dodge and attack" like they did at the end of Kingdom Hearts 2, guarantee it.

I dont think they have mentioned any specific thing as far as I recall but they did say that they would be removing/changing things that arent "socially/culturally acceptable these days" or something to that extent.

You're a fucking retard.

Falcom describes the series as RPGs. Stop being a pedant.

Well what is it, then?

And IGN describes Mass Effect 3 as a masterpiece. That doesn't make it correct.

If its not an RPG then what do you think it is?

To be frank, the only way I'd see them doing a remake of their most overrated RPG is like this, otherwise there wouldn't really be a point, censorship aside of course.

I'm not really against the episodic format, the .hack games are some of my favorite games and they were done in an episodic format. I guess it'll depend on whether or not SE packs enough content into each game.

Hell if I know, I haven't played them, but they look like RPG's, and the devs call them RPG's, so why aren't they RPG's?

So they're action rpg's, you're not making your case very well.

I'm not the one who admits to not playing the games, retard.

I'm not the one constantly not answering the question. I haven't conceded anything, I still say it's an RPG.

What question? The question that was based on the fact that it "looks" like an RPG and I gave you a video that showed that it looked NOTHING LIKE an RPG?
Denial.

You haven't even played the games so why the fuck are you even here?

My FIRST post in this thread was "Well what is it, then?" A question you never answered. And I haven't conceded shit, since I still stand by that it looks like and RPG.

Wanna be really pedantic? Argue about the definition about a ROLE PLAYING game.

but I can see the levels right there

Yes I did. And you never answered the question I gave. You're a fucking retard projecting his own failures on others.
Denial.
Then watch the video I showed.

You haven't even played the games so why the fuck are you even here?

Don't you mean RPG faggot?

Where did OP go? Did he scurry back to Reddit after I called him out?

Action RPGs are RPGs you goddamn sperglord. Jesus fucking Christ.

I guess that makes Modern Warfare multiplayer into an "Action RPG".

You are the dumbest motherfucker alive.

Great argument bro, really convincing.

Borderlands is an action rpg. COD multiplayer merely has RPG elements but they aren't the focus.

Can't even tell apart an insult from an argument.

COD multiplayer is an action rpg. Borderlands merely has RPG elements but they aren't the focus.

Aeris dies after you explore like 80% of the landmass of the world, there's no way that will be in the "part 1" of the remake. If it was, there would be only 2 parts, and the second would be basically revisiting the areas from the first for 90% of it.
Midgar was probably what pulled me into FF7 in the first place, so I'd be content with that being one whole part.
Not that I'll buy these, gonna pirate that shit (unless it goes on a great sale or is somehow amazing).

What if they make Aerith's death avoidable/undoable?

Not really. In borderlands you can encounter high level enemies which will fuck you up and also have higher health.
In COD the best you can do is change your loadouts and supplement your skill. A single headshot will take down enemies no matter how high on the tree they are.
A proper example of multiplayer pvp RPG would be The Division.

Yeah, okay.

Computer RPGs are about character development. The level of involvement of this character development to the core gameplay determines the genre.

Thanks for probing me right.

Ok

So you concede that none of these are RPGs. Good.

I never said anything like that but whatever makes you sleep at night.

See

What about it?

See

But all the games that have been mentioned so far have character development. In case of COD, the perks do not affect the core action gameplay which is why its an action game with RPG elements whereas Borderlands the core gameplay revolves around you leveling and getting better gear which affects difficulty without actually affecting player skill so its an RPG with action elements because the character development is essential for progress.

lol

What argument would that be?

what exactly are you trying to accomplish by acting confused in every single thread?

No fucking way all those things are going to get in. Its impossible to implement those inside advent children style designs.

a Hygogg is a Mobile suit, a Gundam is a specific MS typically designated as such, with 'Gundam' being the name of the original prototype created by the EFF

While I totally agree, there is a chance.
Since the game has themes of nature vs technology and the horrific things made when tech tries to do the job of nature, they can make these monsters look quite horrifying- but not scary. Detailing veins and muscle tone (like on Airhmans and Behemoths), but with machinery fused/grafted onto the flesh. Probably by large bolts and screws to add to the body horror.
Sort of like how FF10 had a bunch of surreal shit.
Some of the "goofier" monsters like might need modification (the Hellhouse's limbs made longer, and the boiler thing's head being less alive and more gaunt and dead looking.)

It's do-able and they've done it before, but I agree that they won't.

You mean like if they make an alternate what if mode where the plot changes to one where Aeris lives?
That would actually be interesting

Don't you mean △ to win?

IGN didn't make anything. Falcom is the developer and publisher of Ys, so they have a little more authority on the matter.

I bet they'll make her a NPC.

I want them to really get back to the creative and outright silly monster designs.

Polensalta, Jemnezmy and Snow better be in the remake or we riot!

mash X to win
vs
navigate menus to press x to win

I've found concept art of Jemnezmy.

I think it went something like this:

I think after Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, and Scarlet they didn't care anymore about how many sexy babes were gonna be in the game

Shit game, glad I never played.

8 and 9 also had great monster designs.

>Keep playing because Laguna, Kiros and Ward
And this battle theme

Shit, forgot to remove trip from troll thread

I'm glad I never touched that cancer.

only if you're playing on easy/normal

There's other ways to cheese the game, but in original KH depending on what stats you choose to take and ditch at the start, you can end up with a Sora that doesn't learn Second Chance or Second Wind until really high levels (one of them at max which you never hit unless you grind), forcing you to use other methods, like Stop+Gravity+Combo on shit like Invisibles and enemies with a ton of health.

I played KH by picking the staff and I actually had trouble damaging enemies without spells because I ditched the sword because ditching the shield on higher difficulties is practically suicide because you'll never hit max defence because there aren't enough defence booster items to cover for it.

near every hit from non-shadow enemies was about half my health, so you really have to rely on spells and Bambi to keep your MP up.

As for KH2, even on normal if you just mash you're gonna get fucked, because unlike KH1 where you could dodge roll all day, your basic dodge (which you have to EARN) doesn't have invincibility frames and reaction commands don't help as much as you think.

The KH remixes are the better versions of the game, and are better balanced and more difficult. Seriously, people who say KH is mash x to win really haven't played the games.

Holy shit the single thing that gets me the most excited for this game is the inevitable heavy metal-remix of One Winged Angel.

Definitely a retard.

ew

THAT'S NOT EVEN FUCKING TRUE

YOU JUST FUCKING IGNORE THEM AND IF THEY GET IN YOUR FACE BITCHING YOU TELL THEM TO FUCK OFF

GODS FUCKING DAMN IT WHY CAN'T ANY OF YOU UNDERSTAND

I'LL SHOW YOU ALL HOW IT'S FUCKING DONE ONCE AND FOR ALL

The whole game really should have been about those three. Also, Quistis and Irvine were decent. Rinoa probably would have been a lot more likable if she were detangled from Seifer/Squall and weren't portrayed early in the game as an incompetent tit playing games with people's lives so she could be the rebellion princess.

If nothing else, this is the reason why FFVII is going to have to undergo substantial storyline changes. FFVII was designed to be played from start to finish in a single installment, and it isn't paced for episodic content. To make it episodic, the game is going to have to be cut into self-contained "arcs" with distinct beginnings, middles, and closures. Nobody is going to be satisfied if the game comes out and basically stops you at the Insert Disk 2 point and makes you wait a year and a half to continue playing.

So they aren't rpgs even though you literally called it one?

Every time someone on Holla Forums says this, a tabletop gamer dies.

Spotted the KH fanboy. The series is piss simple to play, extra hidden bosses included.

Leaving Midgar is a pretty good closure part like Halo 2.

I can't help it. I like colorful autistic garbage and there's nothing you can do to stop me.

It should go to Junon, that way you can end it on the first boss fight against Jenova on the boat.

KH is the Dark Souls of action RPGs.

KH is the RPG of action Dark Souls

But that would require more content. And the world map.

Has anyone ever failed as hard as you?

My brother has failed harder than user. No matter how fucked something is, it can always get more fuck.

Please do tell us how Ys is an RPG but COD multiplayer is not.

Cod is a fish while yeast is used in bread. Is it really that hard?

CoD multiplayer does not reward you with higher success against enemies because of your experience, as opposed to games like Ys where enemies do get easier as a direct effect of your stats.
Second, let's look at combat. In Ys, success of strikes are not only determined by your actions, but by your level and equipment. While CoD has perks that enhance some of your abilities, the fact remains that they do not fundamentally alter the game.
Third, let's look at the story. CoD multiplayer has no story, no endgame, and no setting to speak of. What role are you stepping into? Where is the exploration? The quests? We do not have these in CoD. We do have them in things like Fallout, which is why it is still an RPG.
Inventory systems are also wildly different between CoD multiplayer and action RPGs. In CoD multiplayer, you cannot really manage an inventory. There is the weapons you hold, their ammo, and nothing else. There are no potions or health packs, no armor, and no important quest items. None of these items modify your characters stats or teach him new abilities.
Let's, then, look at stats. Does CoD multiplayer have stat management? No, not really. You do not get to minmax anything, and you cannot really be said to be building a character. This is essential in RPGs.
There are no real calculations based on your statistics, or anything of the sort in CoD multiplayer.
However, it must be said that CoD multiplayer did attempt to have some RPG-like elements in it. This is a good thing, as it gives players a chance to change their play style, but this does not make it an RPG. It's not even a whole game.
Furthermore, if you are going to argue that Ys is not an RPG, then you must also argue that Diablo is not an RPG, and neither is Seiken Densetsu.

So, assuming you want to follow your line of argumentation, you have two choices: either you argue that CoD is an RPG, and so is Ys, conceding the original point, or you choose to argue that games universally recognized as RPGs, such as Diablo, Fallout, Dragon Slayer, Seiken Densetsu, and Brandish are not actually RPGs.

Daily reminder his name was Mateus

it's a Holla Forums thing, they take things that are true about Jews and say them about the Irish
I imagine if your grandparents were gassed in the camps as children, it's hilarious

Don't forget you'll get part 1/2/3/4/5 at a deal of only 79.99 each!

there's another alternative for people not on the autism spectrum, and that's "genres are fake and gay". all those games contain various amounts of RPG mechanics.

what

That may be so, but consider this: the original argument was about the technological limitations of the day not allowing for action-oriented RPGs. Ys was brought in as an example of why this is false, and then the faggot started arguing that it didn't count.
If you want to say that genres are not really a thing anymore, I'm open to that line of argumentation. What I am not open to, is the claim that turn-based combat was due to technological limitations, which is simply not the case, and certainly wasn't the case by the time the NES rolled around or even after.
The claim that action-based combat is the only way to go because turn-based is outdated is flimsy and relies on memes and faulty logic.

Its hack and slash you fucking idiot and always has been.

It's an ARPG as well. Hack&Slash is a game mechanic, not a genre.

I didnt read it but Im sure none of them had anything to do with the actual term RPG.
Literally this retarded.

To be honest, I'd rather have no remake at all because we can pretend Crisis Core and Advent Children never happened.

>us.blizzard.com/en-us/games/legacy/
Literally retarded. Someone should tell Blizzard.

Sounds like an excuse to not address the rest of his argument to me.

But if you want to know why saying diablo is an ARPG is correct, I guess you need to know what genres are.

Action RPGs are games that majorly use elements of both action and RPG

In Diablo's case, hack and slash makes up it's action element, and of course Diablo contains other elements of RPG, in this case, side quests, NPCs, exploration, character development, and many other points addressed in the post you are seemingly trying to conveniently discard.

To call diablo a hack and slash isn't inaccurate, calling it an action game isn't inaccurate, calling it an rpg isn't inaccurate, but to say "it's an action game with hack and slash and RPG" is much more time consuming than saying "It's an ARPG"

I disagree
What are mousou games then

An action game that uses hack and slash.

Aya Brea?

See

Feel free. I don't care much anymore. If people are too stupid to look up what RPG stands for and what that entails then they're not really worth the effort. There's no real point to arguing anyway. You retards are just angry because you somehow think it would mean that Ys is a bad game if it wasn't labeled "RPG", yet if you try to force the RPG label on top of it then its going to be the worst garbage RPG you could ever imagine. Diablo too.

Hey man, you're the one who keeps demanding evidence for things being RPGs.

See it to the end or say you don't care sooner.

That's not really an argument, fam. But let's end it here and now.
What is your definition of an RPG, and does anyone other than you share this definition? If so, please tell me who.

If someone says "X is an RPG" and I ask them how is it an RPG then I am the one starting to demand shit? What? You're one deluded fuck dude.
A role playing game.
Anyone who can use google.

Yes, you are asking them to prove their claim, and on top of that did so for 29 posts.

Also

Since google is your authority on this subject, I guess you're wrong anyway.

Not that anyone said that it was evil, just that it happened. Thanks for agreeing though.

What a terrible crime that is.
Yes that is for sure the only thing I did in this thread.

See

see>>10877665

I asked you to define it, not restate what it is.
So you're not going to make an argument? Okay, then.
The fact of the matter is that you sperged out for thierty posts about why Ys could not possibly be an RPG series, all evidence to the contrary, when the issue at hand was over turn-based battle systems or action-based systems, and the claim that turn-based systems only existed because of technological limitations
You've displayed your autism for most of your time in this thread over something that did not even have anything to do with the original claim. Not only that, but you got BTFO from the very beginning, and you still continue.
Honestly, you're looking pretty pathetic and butthurt right about now. Kill yourself, fam.

so you're just trolling when you say games like Ys are RPGs ok
for sure bro its all my fault and you're the normal one for keeping this up for sure talking about what an rpg is is the only thing ive done in the thread

you're a really sad person trying to project his insecurities on others and trolling

QTE's. Easy as that.

Ys is an RPG. I've found no sources to refute this. Even a cursory look at its wikipedia page will say this.
I'm not the one claiming the entire world is wrong about what constitutes an RPG. One would be led to think that you believe yourself to be an authority on the subject. However, nobody but you seems to agree with you.
I think the one doing the projection is you, fam.

That sounds really interesting. Are there any articles or anything on this kind of stuff about the game's development?

Sorry bro you've already been outed as a troll for knowing what RPG stands for and killing Ys, Diablo for RPGs. Go find some other person to try and belittle in order to feel like you're significant.

Hello, Chris-chan. I didn't know you hung around these parts of the net. As for feeling significant, I'm not the one that claims the whole world is wrong about what an RPG is and is not.

I've given ample reason. You're not even trying anymore. This is getting really sad.

No, you just kept telling me to google it, and when I did and disagreed with you, you kept coming up with excuses.

falcom.co.jp/ys12_psp/features.html

Falcom claims Ys is an RPG. Why are they wrong?

I'm not sure they'll go that route. The one in charge of this Project is Nomura, who said in an interview about Kingdom Hearts 3 that QTE's from KH2 wouldn't be returning, granted that only speaks about Kingdom Hearts 3, but maybe he would apply that principle to FFVII as well?

At this point, I don't know why we hold out any hope for SE. FF has been driven into the ground in the past decade and a half. I don't even know how anyone could have kept up hope in that time.
Still, I can't say I'm not curious about FFVII. I wonder how they will do it, but I don't think it will ever recapture the magic of the original. That was a special game. Maybe it was because of the 3D graphics, or maybe there was something else. All I ever wanted was FFVII with updated graphics, but let's be honest here, it never really needed them.

You're… showing everyone how hard the game is by linking a video of someone being presumably what is regarded as a hard boss without taking damage at level 1 without the use of magic, items, drives, summons, limits, stat boosts, with the starting Keyblade.

Like if I wanted to argue that Dark Souls was hard I probably wouldn't link this video in support of that argument.

My hope is mostly placed in Nomura because he's the only one making the fun games. To be fair though, all you can really judge him on is Kingdom Hearts, and he's made bad ones like 358/2, and he really hasn't directed a home console game since fucking Kindom Hearts 2, with the exception of FFXV, but SE shit on him and basically told him to go eat a dick and gave the project to that hack who did type-0 and crisis core.

Certainly there's a lot of nostalgia value in FFVII, it was probably a worse game than we remember it, but somehow it's considered one of the classics of video games.

I said it before but I think that if FFVII were ever going to be remade, the only way they'd do it is like this, because it's one of the games that they, and the rest of the industry, have put up on a pedestal, and so naturally they'd like to use it as a milestone for how far they've come, and as a way to guarantee big bux.

They've stated that things like paying to make aeris/th not die is on the table.
I can guarantee yuffie and vincent will be dlc exclusive.

It's being made for your average tumbltard that has never known gaming without excessive dlc and overblown marketing campaigns, has never played a real rpg, much less a final fantasy, but hears praise for 7 and needs to get this remake for "le ebin bazinga nerd cred"

I didn't even care for VII that much but knowing fagtards will buy this up and declare it the "definitive version" hurts a little bit inside.

People who never played the original are going to drop $100 (before additional dlc), justify the multiple parts because the original was on multiple discs (already happening), and say that the original is too old and had bad graphics, this one is soooo much better.

Do you think it is impossible for square enix to justify splitting a game into multiple parts? Or just unlikely? Is there quantifiable amount of content that you could put into one part that would make it worth having multiple parts?

Can we just call it Nomura-Care.

I don't see them adding much other than pure filler, and they haven't announced the price point or the number of parts yet, something tells me on the amount of money they're wasting making the game look shiny that it's not going to be a standard 5 part, $5 a pop fare.

i mean some of you are right, but let me put it through this aspect, DMC requires you to mash different buttons to switch weapons and mash that button, its the same as in this video, except your juggling skills and forms to fuck the boss.

They've already done things like that

Sounds like what FF12 had. I'm itching to know how they'll handle things like KotR.

Guys

What if the Ruby/Diamond/Emerald weapon fights are now gonna be huge Shadow of the Colossus-type fights where the party has to jump and climb to get to their weak points?

No, it wasn't a good thing you beautiful faggot. The leveling system was put into play specifically to stretch out play time. People that actually got good at the game can wreck shit without need for any prestige or higher tier builds.

did you just follow a link on gamefags or why are you here

Stop playing it on casual mode faggot

The sunglasses at night was pretty cringy, agreed. And of course they're gonna make him curse less. I'm counting on it.

I actually like how he looks, especially when you take into consideration all the shit he went through before the events of the game

And this is a bad thing… how, exactly?

Well I sure fucking hope so. Exploration inside Midgar was painfully limited in the OG game. With today's hardware, being able to go to parts of the city we weren't able to before is the very fucking least I expect.

Well, yes. They're going to include stuff like voice acting, a new engine, new character models, new areas and new gameplay; all of which offer radically different storytelling tools than before, so it's not a stretch to assume they're going to change a few things here and there to accomodate.

[citation needed] please be false

This doesn't bug me too much so long as the amount of content on each part ends up justifying the asking price.

That would be pretty shitty, yes. I'm still hopeful they'll pull it off

How much money do you think Squarejewnix will try to squeeze of of this? I'm thinking 4 game Chapters 60$ each with 30$ worth of DLC for every Chapter. If the sales are satisfying I predict some totally bullshit "expansion" for 60$.

Not even taking into account all the different collector, limited console versions of the game.

Well, lad, even Dragon West Musou ended up on PC. Frankly, if you think Square Enix will not release FF XV on PC, when basically everything else already is, you are just too slow.

5 $40 chapters, a bunch of dlc that pertains to all/multiple chapters (like yuffie/vincent), as well as some chapter specific dlc (aeris living)

Yeah because comparing KH to this bullshit is fucking insulting.
Play on Critical mode you filthy fucking casual.

First chapter $40 + $30 DLC & at launch a $100 collectors edition containing only the first chapter

6 more chapters at $30 each with $20 DLC

a final edition with all DLC *except the one on PS4 for $120

I guess it depends on how they release each episode

is each episode going to require that you own all the previous ones in order to play it? Or is it going to be one game, and episodes are released later as DLC expansions? Or is it that each episode is released as a standalone with save conversion?

first and second scenario aren't really that different I guess, 60 dollars base price for the first episode, 20-30 dollars per expansion afterwards

Third scenario, I guess we don't have to look much further than Blizzard to see 50 dollars for the first game and 40 dollars for every episode afterwards.

I think they'll do lots of costume dlc and probably some cheat weapons dlc.

I don't think they'll do character DLC like

But even if they did, I still don't think they'd have something like having Aeris survive, though at that point I'd have no doubt that Aeris would be extra character dlc with no new dialogue.

Four chapters minimum, full $60 a pop. Square-Enix has zero incentive to discount the price below that, episodic or not. If it's wildly successful, they'll probably stretch it out to 6 or 8 chapters because fuck you.

I expect everything that was missable in the original game to be DLC. This means Vincent, Yuffie, and probably minor/bonus characters including Lightning. Knights of the Round will be DLC. Emerald and Ruby Weapons will be DLC. They'll probably do DLC for various master materia, and costumes out the ass. They might even have a DLC option for the original version soundtrack. I'm almost cynical enough to believe they'll charge real money for credits to use at the Gold Saucer.

Am I the only one here who thinks that Square enix is almost too scared to fuck this up in such a way that it would hurt their reputation

I need to play through Final Fantasy VII for real. I dont know why i keep dropping it

Because when you leave Midgar there's not really much agency and you are left to your own devices. So for people who don't love exploration they're kinda bored until they get past Midgar Zolom.

Instead of Gundams, I am now imagining Cid launching the Little Bronco from the Highwind to fly sorties against the Weapons. Instead of machine guns, you have Barret and Yuffie on board. Barret's gun arm mapped to the X button, square to switch to Yuffie who can sling spells and her shuriken.

I think we should just have a game with Cid Highwind as the protagonist.

So are the enemies random encounters?
I haven't been paying any attention to this remake.

I might actually play this now, I've never even touched a FF game before. Who the fuck am I kidding it'll be terrible regardless.

dat ass

Nomura turned Brave Fencer Musashi into this.

Also, fuck you.

It's like people forget that Squaresoft itself was shit,
and was going under because all of their games were hot garbage. Them making a mediocre Dragon Quest knock off was the only thing that saved them.

Kingdom Hearts has been and always will be a casual series that only middle schoolers and tumblristas who shop at hot topic think is good.

Midgar is the best part of the game. If you don't care about Sephiroth as a villain, and there isn't much reason to at that point since he's almost entirely absent, there isn't anything else prodding you onward. If you can slog it out until Junon things pick up a little.

Solution:Boss fight Jenova in Shinra HQ.

I'll still get the game, but this is disappointing. Hybrid combat like that is always frustrating because it doesn't offer the complete freedom of real-time combat but it carries over many of its sensibilities.

XV will be better

It has to end with you escaping Midgar, though, if that's where it ends.

You say that like he didn't make the character designs for the first game.

Who bitch this is?