Games you gave an honest try

Just clocked in probably 20 hours of Planetside 2, It was okay, but got really boring after the 10 hour mark. It felt like a shittier battlefield 2142. That platoon speak is some of thee most autistic shit I have ever heard. They are set off by one liners yet say they are "so racist". Thank fuck for muting, but with that being said, you should never have to mute people in a TEAM based game.

How about you anons? what games have you given a good try and just couldn't keep playing it.

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/9286/
nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/59849/
nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/75643/?tab=9&navtag=http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/ajax/modreadme/?id=75643&pUp=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Same shit with planetside.
Loved the concept, decided to try it. Everything felt like shit: models, terrain, guns, vehicles etc.

That's what you get for playing modern AAA.

Majora's Mask

I must have tried playing through this miserable game 5 times in my life and there is damn near no enjoyment to be found in it. How does this game get so much praise?

Tried Prototype 2 after loving the original but it was flat-out the same game except even shittier. Mercer is evil now because of some nonsensical shit that happened in a comic nobody read, black guy screams about his family a lot, Pariah and other plot elements from the first were completely forgotten and never mentioned.

its ok

Goddamned flags keep following me.

More memorable than Ocarina of Time by far for me, though its dungeon design is considerably weaker and Gyorg is a joke. Majora's Mask 3D had some stuff I liked over the original and some stuff I didn't, like the unnecessary introduction of a weakpoint for all four bosses (an eye appears on them when you need to hit them as a visual tie-in to Majora's Mask) and the removal of several of Odolwa's moves.

I never finished witcher 2 or 3. I just don't feel like there's anything to keep me playing since I don't really like the combat, characters, or setting. I liked 3 more than 2 though.

Too be fair both n64 Zelda games are garbage, hell Wind Waker and TP arent good either but get praised. What made MM kinda good for me was some of the atmosphere presented in the game. Besides that it is just nintendo kiddies being nintendo kiddies.

Exactly, I thought it was going to be like 2142 but on a larger scale. It was nothing of the sort.
Is Planetside 2 considered AAA? I thought it was in the AA category.

I tried giving [email protected]/* */ a chance, but goddamn it, I honestly don't see the appeal.

Valkyria chronicles. Definitely looked like my type of game. I like strategy, rpg, and Japanese games but I just couldn't get into it. Just felt like it was missing something gameplay wise and after 5 or 6 hours I called it quits.

Disgaea. After 15 hours it should have started to get good.

Kill yourself you casual faggot

No Man's Sky. I don't get all this hype, it's boring as shit.

Rust. Tried several times, back when it was a zombie game and not long ago when it ended up being a more functional version of Ark with no giant monsters. The game is shit, the shoehorned SJW-lite message about not choosing how you look pieces me off, it clearly lacks any sort of game design decision behind it, they just threw mechanics and waited for it to become a game. The only redeeming quality is raiding other people and that gets old fast.

You serious? 20 hours in a game you're not even having fun is not enough?

Yeah he should spend more time on a hardcore game such as planetside, truly the best of ideas.

That's why I'm so glad both major portables have been hacked. Most modern games suck, so I'm glad to try and dump them.

Resident Evil 4. Once on Gamecube and again on Wii. Couldn't stand it and gave up not too far into the game.

Also, most JRPGs.

Not exactly the rarest viewpoint to have on that game these days.

Don't you have some esports cuck streamer to watch. Sorry I am not as xXxHardcore1337xXx as you. How is your step mother doing? and your girlfriends daughter? Does she need a nap?

I really tried to get into Tribes: Ascend but after about a month the devs completely gutted it and ruined the game forever.

Monster Hunter

I bought it for my PS2 back in the day because PSU wasn't scratching that PSO itch, and FFXI was bullshit with a monthly fee. Turns out, it was nothing like PSO. I felt like it was clearly a game I should enjoy though, but I just couldn't get into it. I've tried every demo I could get my hands on since then, as well as downloaded a copy of Freedom Unite for the PSP. I keep hoping some future refinement will be what it finally takes to break into it, but it just never happens. I like other games of the type - like God Eater and Toukioden.

Not really the same thing, but I did enjoy the monster hunter crossover sections of Peace Walker.

Oh yeah, don't even go near it now. I am pretty sure the servers are shut down and they didnt even tell anyone. The first year of that game was quite good. But you know what happened after that.
I fucking hate newfags.

I never said either or, I dont use the world casual cause it is a shitty plebbit meme.

Nigga what.

Also Monster Hunter demos are universally awful. Even people who like Monster Hunter will agree that the demos are shit. If you've got a 3DS there's really no excuse to give MH4U or MHX a good try, the platform is 100% cracked and piracy flows like water. Nintendo's eShop is so fucked that you don't even need to download a pirated copy, you literally download direct from the eShop for free.

Third gen onwards really changed the game compared to MHFU, and brought in a high level of polish to the mechanics and monster AI.

Skyrim.

I tried Skyrim original (didn't know it was bad), I started as an orc warrior, realized it's shit after 5-10-15 hours.
Started as an elf mage, thought it would be different, still shit.
n.b.: I hated the combat, in that it was a clickfest, also how the game is Narcissism: RPG edition.

I installed Skyrim Redone (whatever the name), tried to play as an elf mage with all the new skills, installed other mods, tried being a vampire, slugged through the vampire storyline, found a vampire mod that makes vampires awesome and literal vampires.
Tried skyrim redone 2.0, it sucked.
Re-tried Skyrim redone, finally quit.
Steam total: 120 hours.

Is this thread exclusive to negative experiences?

Because I tried Divinity II recently and it was nothing to write home about until, 10+ hours later, I became able to turn into a fucking dragon at will and explore some cool fjords with my very own island Tower dominating the watery horizon.

Cool thing you realized that it was bad on your own.

Kingdom Hearts.

I really wanted to like it, but the gummy bullshit, awful combat, abysmal dialogue and a retarded story killed it for me.
I actually tried to play Birth by Sleep and enjoyed Terra's route, but gave up playing it for some reason in the end. I can't remember why, but I might attempt to play it again one day.

Nah, you can talk about about good experience with a game you thought was going to be bad. Just get ready for some user faggot to tell you are wrong/kill yourself.

I couldn't get into Outlast. I love the creepy atmosphere but it seems to be nothing but a collection of jumpscares and loud noises. If you took those out I have a feeling it'd be worse than it is. Granted I'm an hour in but I hope it gets better, when there's loads of horror games its easy to get picky.

It just ain't for everyone, especially with the constant load screens and grinding, on top of a sloth like pace. Granted I only played Freedom 2 and 3U, maybe it got better with 4 or Generations.

It's great to watch youtube walkthroughs though, the no commentary ones if you don't have a youtube that you like and enjoy.

Pretty much everything I know, I realized it on my own.
That's the biggest advantage of being hikkikomori.

Can confirm the bit about demos, 4U drew me into the series proper with everything before 3U failing to hold my interest but all the demos were universally boring and awful. I'd skip MHX/Generations though, it's kind of awful.

I honestly could not get into FF7. I fucking loved 6 but something in me couldn't like 7

4U is probably the best one to play. Its well polished and the mechanics are great. 3U was not great.

I'm playing through III/VI now, and honestly, I can't see what everyone was always going on about. It's so easy that I'm honestly wondering if I didn't get ahold of a rom-hack on accident. The story is nothing great, but it's serviceable I guess, and the characters aren't so much characters but marionettes with a stereotype attached. Terra is interesting, and Kefka is just a bad guy for the sake of being a bad guy so far - but that's fine in itself, I guess. Some assholes just want to watch everything burn. But literally everyone else so far is forgettable and exchangeable. Some of the scenarios are just completely random and serve no greater purpose, like the Ghost Train.

I'm not saying it's a bad game, and I'm having fun, but it pales in comparison to Phantasy Star 4, and I'm starting to think that the only reason why it's so highly praised is because of nostalgia.

kek, I've fought tug of war battles for longer than that
fucking scarred mesa skydock bridge fight

I've honestly always been bored out of my skull by 6, 9 did things 6 did except better and more in line with a "traditional" Final Fantasy while 8 handled Guardian Forces better than 6 did espers (even though the rest of 8 is garbage).

So?

It might've been the situation of the final boss having one unblock-able attack where you just have to tank it/cheese through it with your special move/both. It took me a couple days playing it on-and-off to beat him because of that. So yeah, besides that bullshit, Terra's route is the best route.

Sonic the Hedgehog.

It's just so fucking slow and awkward to control.
I know going fast is a meme and Sonic is really about level knowledge, reactions, problem solving, and generally just trying to find and keep high ground, but the awkward handling ruins it for me.

I beat the boss and started the the little faggot's route, but quit somewhere in the middle I think.
I also vaguely remember playing as Aqua as well, but I can't recall if I started it out of boredom without finishing the previous one or not.

I beat it, but I didn't get all of Xenohart's Reports on the first go, and I can't be bothered with doing half of Terra's route all over again just for a movie clip I could watch on Youtube.

get out

GET OUT

I mean, it isn't bad, but just okay. Sailing is comfy though.

Dragon's Dogma.
Fuck everyone who told me "just keep playing bro, it gets better after 20 hours"

The community was great, until summerfags joined and started complaining about things like crying about "muh content", when they couldn't even get past BR 15 or pilot a fucking mosquito.

May as well have a rule up to only discuss objectively shit games during summer so the casuals don't shit everything up.

tarkistettu :-DDDDDDDdDDDdDDDDDD

I have heard of the stories, someone said it might start up again when the next patches/ major updates come.

wew

smdh fam, how pathetic.

The world ends with you. I cannot do touch screen combat. I don't care how good the music is

Neither you, mies.

Unresponsive controls when fighting highly agile monsters, the worst camera ever, hours of downtime between hunts to stock up for another hunt…. I kept hearing about how great the game is for people who make it past tiggy, so I did. Nothing changed. It was the same grindfest, and I wasn't about to stick around.

Friendly advice: Don't play N.

Being able to beat the whole game without using the Song of Time is the only thing I really like about that game.

You'll need more than greentext to go against those trips (checked)

(Checked)

What large scale team based games have you played that you didn't have to mute the more autistic members? It's the nature of the beast.

The fuck are you talking about
Are you ok?

Almost daily, for a month, nobody needed more "content" or a reason to shoot faggots all the while micspamming, the "Construction update" was merely a spark that started the shitposting engine.

There was absolutely nothing that stopped them from setting up a day of the week and time period and playing in a non-autistic manner. By that I meant they were playing the same game every single day of the week only to get bored and rationalize that as "we got burned out ¯\_(ツ)_/¯" -whatever the fuck that meant-, like a kid that thought it couln't have too much icecream until it becomes a fat fuck with diabetes.

"Muh content" is a poor excuse. It's probably the way summerfags do their damage control; as several Holla Forums "communities", based on MMOs, died completely when the fucking school break was over, but that's just a coincidence.

Planetside 2 will become FOTM yet again, not because of content, but when another vacation period arrives for wageslaves, the underaged and collegecucks. Game's practically dead except for the ocassional NEETs, self employed and really dedicated autists.

I gave Rogue Legacy a try, played it for like 3 hours but it has too much artificial difficulty. I tried Terraria for a few hours but I just got bored.

Trying to understand why nostalgiafags like those games are like trying to understand Common Core, it's not worth your time.

MegaTen

Tried 10 hours of Kyuuyaku Megami Tensei, 10 hours of Nocturne, 20 hours of Persona 3, 5 hours of Persona 4, no idea what people see in this series. I know people snub their nose at Babbysona for being dumbed down, but Nocturne isn't particularly deeper, not by a huge margin.

Watch_Dogs. There was potential, and the spider tank game was one of the most enjoyable things I'd done in vidya for a while, but the graphics, bad AI, incessant bugs, cringy plot, etc. just made it a chore.

Fallout 4. After a certain point, you're just curbstomping everything, and the quests are insipid and uninspired. You really start to see that it's nothing but an open world and a bunch of samey dungeons, and I saw that way too early on to have any meaningful fun.

XCOM 2. Runs like ass, weird mechanics, and constant fighting gets way too grindy. Level timers mean that your variety of strategies is severely decreased.

Deus Ex: MD. Sorry Elias, you were fine, but Squenix just came up short on this one in comparison to DXHR. It's hard to put a finger on it. Maybe I'll finish it when I've got a few weeks of nothing to really do.

Mafia 2. It just didn't click, even though I love the GTA games. Dropped it early on. I felt like there was probably a ton of potential there that wasn't realized.

Space Engineers. I actually used to play a lot, but it's gotten so bloated with features now, and it runs so poorly, that I just can't do it anymore. I'm getting a 40 core/128gb RAM server in a few months, I'm going to swap in my GPU and play Space Engineers just so I can bitch at the devs about optimization.

Dark Souls. Loved it until I finished Ornstein and Smough. After that, the magic just kinda disappeared.

Doom. It's got the gameplay of Serious Sam without the open space to fuck around with. Just play Grezzo 2

Thats what people with a brain do. They play shit before saying its shit.

You mongoloids watch a trailer and start the bandwagon, fucking hipsters

>i'm actually the guy that came up with the full name for wwew, it's one of the things I've done in life that I'm proudest of for whatever reason

I need to fucking play this game

The Witcher. I gave up on it shortly after starting Chapter 3. I couldn't get into the world, characters, or story. I didn't like being forced to play a melee swordsman. The combat was less interesting than Skyrim. I don't like grid inventories. Eventually I just got tired of trying to force myself to get into it.

Morrowind. It's severely overrated. The writing is no better than any other Bethesda game, despite what everyone says. The UI is terrible (another annoying grid inventory). Non-regenerating magicka is extremely annoying. Movement is painfully slow. The whole thing was just tedious and boring to me.

Now that I've attacked two of the biggest WRPG sacred cows, I await the response.

It requires liking the story as mechanically it's a wreck.
Nice try, Satan.

They grow on you, really. The game's long enough for that. After the first half of the game each character has their own side quest / character developement thing

The game really gets much better after the first half

Borderlands 2, but it was shit anyway so that's fine

Disagree with Witcher, though I see why you didn't get into it. Agree with Morrowind though, which is a shame because I really wanted to like it.

Thank god I only played the beta, how do you faggots spend more than 30 hours on this shit? And all I hear is that it just keeps getting worse and filled with more competitive crap.

Wanna bet he played as filthy tranu?

what

Pretty much any JRPG, most notable examples being:

The combat is mindlessly dull and the story and characters are merely okay, I have no fucking idea why people like this shit other than possibly the feeling 'having friends' and a high school experience.

Meh, MMO-like gameplay and painfully generic characters in a simple plot, even if the twist is kinda neat, but literally everything else is painfully dull and uninteresting.

I was told this was good and there were a lot of threads about it. I almost shit myself when I played it. This is as close to moeshit in videogames as you're gonna get and I hated every single moment.

>he'll never have fun

Why, what's wrong with it?

Dragon's Dogma.
I know lot of you fags love it, and I can see why, but it did everything wrong for me.

Tactics Ogre: Let us Cling Together. I have like 500 hours on FFT. I played a bunch of other tactical RPGs. I love strategy and tactical games as a whole. But I just can't get into that game. Every fight feels too same-y.

I didn't even last 5 minutes.

I really tried, just isn't interesting enough for me

Yep, you only played 18 hours

Climbing is relative to the way your character is facing, by the way

agree

no, play it again, you fag

This game is boring and it sucks.

Dragons Dogma is not good, its painfully average in every single aspect

Wild Arms 2nd Ignition
Combat was slow and unsatisfying, it didn't have a good hook at the beginning and there's a lot of stupid backwards ass mechanics (such as the sprinting, why are you not able to turn mid sprint AND why do you crash violently into walls?). Soundtrack is god-like, but the game is pretty dogshit.

what the fuck are you doing?

18 hours is not a long time, it's barely enough time to get to Grigori on NG, but I understand you haven't played enough to know that either.

Every single time.
If game isn't good for you in the first 1-2 hours, it won't change. Nor after 60 hours, neither after 200.

man the first few weeks of PS2 were fun with you autists, even got promoted to outfit leader.
But between life and burning out from over playing havent been bothered to log back in - infamous for those of you that were there

There is a huge disparity between 1-2 hours, 18 hours, 60 hours, and 200 hours, what's your point? There are plenty of good games that end up improving after the first 1-2 hours, if that's your rule of thumb you're retarded.

The worst part of Dark Souls 2 is the start. Forest of Fallen Giants and the area with reused Ornstein + dragonslayer + dark town are garbage. Gets significantly better after that. Still worse than Dark Souls 1 by a fair margin, but it's not atrocious. Some of the expansion bosses are actually pretty good.

Enjoyed the first few hours then got really tired of random event gameplay and the interface.
Really good first 10-20 hours then rapidly loses appeal as you realise limitations of AI and the amount of micro you need to do. Ended up liking it less than Civ 4 because of this.
I just can't stand the walking. I can tell it's really good but the walking is unbearable.

Sometimes you have to take a chance.
A game that doesn't show you everything it has to offer right from the start, but has hidden depth is my favorite kind.

it seems less about technical melee fighting and more about abusing weird tricks.
i cant quite place my finger on it. i just dont like how the game plays out, but so many concepts behind it are things in line with me.

Marathon 2: Even though I loved Marathon 1, I wasn't a fan of the swimming mechanics and the fact that it somehow made me feel sick. I was literally feeling nauseous playing the game, and I play a lot of shooters.
Psychonauts: I loved the dialogue but the gameplay just bored me.
Shadow Warrior: It just felt bland to me for some reason. The katana and the drivable tank are cool but I just felt bored when playing the game.

Personally my rule of thumb is like, 5 hours. Sometimes 10, very few get a chance at 15. If I'm still playing at 20 hours in, I consider the game at least mediocre to alright.

He's fucking up is what he's doing.

Oh man I bought Prototype 2 for $5 thinking "wow the first game was great". Serious fucking regret. First game was so much better… what the fuck happened?

No you're absolutely right, it really is just about abusing mechanics to fight. Once people started exploiting the "mouse-dragging", the game started dying. It's a lot like Gunz: The Duel that way: K-Style started getting really popular and it drove away all the newcomers.

Apparently he doesn't know about virtualization. Could run several gaming machines off that one box, jesus.

I really want to like Xenogears. Can't complain about the OST.

SMT is just RNG edgy pokemon:the series.

Todd Howard memes asides, New Vegas didn't captivate me as much as 1 and 2.

Touhou was kinda eh.

What the fuck is Skyrim Redone? Do you mean Requiem?

The plot is actually you are the successor to god, and you have to power up by killing everything, the dragon, and then the current god, since the god's power degrades after many years.
The dragon is actually just a tool to find the next arisen, and is a previous arisen who failed to kill god.
Also the reason most anons like the game is because of the autistic little details in the game.

What did you say to me you little bitch?

i tried no man why

i was anticipating for the fun but it never came

the game is like a never ending drumroll

You missed out playing with us in WWEW.

Seconded.

I just don't get what has people so up in arms over it.

SkyRe is what he's referring to.

No, Requiem was different, I didn't try it at all.
nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/9286/

skyre 2.0 (it sucks) nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/59849/

Ah, I see. I've never used any of these complete overhaul mods before, and frankly I don't see the appeal in playing a preset package instead of choosing what you like and what you don't; that's the whole bloody point of modding!

Well it makes the game half-decent, of course I used other mods as well; the vampire mod, the fiery horse mod, the horses mod (gives horses to companions, makes them invulnerable, gives you a summoning horn for them etc. fully customisable), the spell mod, and others.

But skyre changed the game in a better manner, made the combat better and the items and scaling and the leveling much better. The skills were no longer "everything gives +%", there was finally differentiation.

Try Skyrim Unleveled; it's my personal favourite.

It's all just so wonderfully logical from both a realism and a balance standpoint, although personally I'd prefer it if heavy armour hampered magicka regeneration rather than increasing spell cost.

Greater list of changes:
nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/75643/?tab=9&navtag=http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/ajax/modreadme/?id=75643&pUp=1

Nothing needs to be wrong with it for him to dislike it. If he's legit tried it five times without ever being able to enjoy it or finish it, I'm inclined to leave it well alone and not bug him about it any further. He gave it an honest attempt, that's good enough for me.

Agreed. Wandering monster mobs would have made it fantastic, and I think that's why I like Bitterblack so much more.

Depends on the class you play. Slow can be super satisfying, but there's also Ranger/Assassin/Strider for those who gotta go fast.

Somewhat agree. Having cliche classes doesn't bug me as long as they're done well, and classes like Mystic Knight and Magic Archer break the mold pretty clearly. That said, I would have loved more ability to swap moves between weapons, like shortbow and longbow.

They get much less limited once you open up advanced and mixed classes.

Yeah, not a fan of the climbing controls either. It's relative to the character's facing, but that doesn't make it smart or intuitive.

Somewhat agree. Most of them have clear weaknesses, but if you don't have yourself or a Pawn that can exploit that weakness (or the Pawn that can is a dumbass), it can definitely turn into a damage sponge fight. Assassin main and Sorcerer Pawn seem to do pretty well to cover everything though.

There are a LOT of named NPCs and I find it hard to remember more than a half-dozen of them. Agreed.

I disagree, but your mind doesn't need to work the same as mine there.

Agree. Character creator is fairly robust, though, which is nice.

The plot is intentionally set up to be incredibly generic all the way through the end, when it kind of takes the whole generic medieval hero story and turns it on its head. Your guess is wrong, but you have it right that there is a twist. I don't want to spoil it for you, though.

This was me and my friends with Skyrim. I played for 30 hours, beat the main story, and immediately uninstalled.

"Oh, so you like it?"
No, I beat the game so no one could accuse me of not giving it a fair shake.
"But you have thirty hours!"
Yeah, because if I have too few then people tell me I didn't give it a chance.

Gave DESTINY an honest try, was bored outta my fucking skull, returned the game and bought EDF 2025 and to this day me, my best friend and my sister play EDF with eachother all the time.

the warrior suffers from this, but it is more due to the fact that they can only use 3 skills rather than the full 6. Shame that it wasn't modded in.

Holla Forums was right again!

>inb4 anti-skub poster

Is it finally back?

oh man that damn game. i had a childhood friend of mine go out of his way to find me a cheap ps4 and share his account with me so that i could play destiny with him. i wanted to like it but the idea of playing an fps on a console just wouldnt let me enjoy it. i felt like i kicked him the balls

I thought there was one, but I can't find any evidence of it. It's definitely a shame; the code for changing it is already in the game somewhere, since the sorcerer and wizard only select one weapon but still get six spells. If we could apply that exception to the two-hand sword as well, we'd be set.

DOOM Demo
XCOM 2
Elite Dangerous

It feels slow and awkward to you because you're playing like those idiots on Half In The Bag's video game spinoff show. Slowing down before every obstacle and getting butthurt about inertia and the limited viewport.

The way you're supposed to play Sonic is to go fast and take on a reactive playstyle. The early levels are always forgiving enough that you can get away with holding down right on the dpad and simply reacting to everything you run into unless you're an old man or a girl with terrible reaction times and hand eye coordination. You see a jump and miss it, no big deal, there's another path to take and you remember to check it on your next playthrough. The games are relatively short and meant to be replayed many times to master each level and become as fast as possible. That's when the level knowledge and mastery of the physics comes into play, but it would be pretty fucking stupid if you had to play at a snail's pace for hours before you could try to go fast, wouldn't it?

Little kids are better at Sonic and enjoy it more than people that try to get into it as adults, not just because of their superior reaction times, but because they don't overthink it. They just hold down the right button and go fast and react to things as they happen and have a blast.

The 3D games suck because they only used this principle, took all of the nuance out of the physics and control, and turned Sonic from a smug cartoon character into an autistic anime character.

Final Fantasy.
Tried a lot of these games. Only I finished was Bravely Default.

Oh no, I'm not touching Skyrim with a 10 foot pole.
Never ever.

I'm waiting for the guy to finish the gothic 2 requiem mod and fix it so I can re-play g2 (for the 10th time).

Skairim or Bethesda NEVER EVER.

Fuck off satan.

Warning, rage fuel, don't watch this. But here's a good comment I got from it:

Also don't start with Sonic 1. They hadn't developed these principles yet, so right from the beginning you have bottomless pits, the flow-breaking Marble Zone, and no spin-dash to instantly go fast.

I guess Crusader Kings 2. I've played a total of 45 hours but that's been spread over a dozen attempts probably. I want to want to play it, but it just can't hold my interest for a proper long game.

I guess I have the same problem with all grand strategy games.

which is not really any different to trickjumping in arena FPSs, the mistake is marketing the game as realistic

Planetside 2 has plenty of content; the content is everyone else that's playing it. As you shot the same guys from the same outfits over and over and heard the banter in yell chat, maybe even kept up on other sites, you got to know who's who and what's what. Inter-outfit drama and salt is delicious. Honestly, I ended up leaving because the devs decided to focus too much on "MORE CONTENT" i.e. construction instead of improving and ironing out the existing elements.

Nice.

This thing. 20+ hours, was getting bored after 10. Once you learn which classes work where and which targets to prioritize it turns into a repetitive slog. I'm not doing all that shit 3 times to get to the final dungeon.

I feel you. The controls are shit and take a lot of time to get used to. It has good parts but you struggle with it the entire time for all the wrong reasons.

You anons look like you sucked at the game.

not bad

good times

The only character worth a shit was Kanji, and maybe Rise for the porn.

Labrys is top tier waifu material though

Far Cry 2 and Just Cause 1. Both very boring games that I tried to get into multiple times just to check I wasn't being unfair to them.

Found the Tranu. Into the gas chamber, faggot.

I put 80 hours in Dragon Age Inquisition. I beat most quests, but I couldn't 100% it like I usually do due to the process of playing almost making me throw my keyboard out the window.

Have to agree with you on Skyrim. Never played any of the other games in teh series, and this one was dog shit all around. Combat was shit, glitches everywhere that just irked the shit out of me. Come to find out, this is the norm with company, and you're supposed to fix this shit on your own or wait until some modder does if for you. I don't understand how people support this shit practice. Good thing i got it at 75% discount, still feel ripped off.

Make the Crown Great Again!

Anyways, I'm always up for some Plebbit salt, carry on.

user, why would you do that to yourself?

Don't you know that self-harm is not healthy?

Fallout 4.

It wasn't the worst thing I've ever played, but after an hour and getting out of the Vault I couldn't be assed to continue. It was the most bland and uninteresting Fallout game I'd ever played.

I found F4 to be a bit better than F3, but yeah, it was a bland and boring experience.

i know, i know.. i'm a faggot

Borderlands 2

I had a lot of fun with 1 and by all acccounts 2 seemed to be superior in every way, and Zer0 seemed tailor fit to my play style.

And 2 WAS better then 1 in almost every way. Except for thing: The loot system.

Both in terms of how guns were generalted, how the loot tables worked and how you got legendary/unique guns, and in terms of how loot scaled, all of that was a huge, huge step back from the first game.

And I couldn't stand that. I must have had like 700 hours in Bl1 at least, I wasn't even able to finish Bl2, and that sucks, because I wanted to love it.

If there's a mod or something that fixes it, i'd go back and finish it and likely do multiple playthroughs in a heartbeat

but fuck me if i'm going to do 3 fucking playthroughs full of grinding without doing any sidequests just so I can farm max level versions of all unique/legendary guns.

good job.

They forced you to play a retarded nigger.

The focus is heavily on the likeness of the cast. If you aren't playing the game for the story and characters, you're just wasting time.

Let's solve that.

You gave the dubs game an honest try but you failed.

I got about halfway through this before the dev's incompetent programming made me too sick of it to continue. Attacks and dodges happen when you release the button rather than press it, since they can both be charged. Attacking isn't too bad since melee attacks always give you a large window of opportunity and the gun doesn't use the same controls.

Dodging is the worst. There were innumerable times where I'd see a projectile, mentally move to dash around or through it, and the fucking extra frames of startup would mean I'd get hit.
I've never in all my life had a game tell me the way I pressed a button was wrong. Fuck the people who coded this.

The best part is that the ability to charge your dodge is completely meaningless. It's never necessary for a single encounter (from what I saw, anyway) and if you want the full charge you'll need to commit half a second for the game to recognize you're charging, and then another full second locked in place while your dash charges.

The game is a twitchy, fast-paced, stylish action shmup hybrid, and even minor controls this bad are just too much for me. I'd be able to ignore the shitty art style, voice acting, writing, pacing, etc. if one of the core parts of gameplay wasn't so fucked.

It won't. Outlast was made by ex-AAA devs trying to emulate the AAA experience, and as such is full of jump scares, has shallow and poorly designed "gameplay," and has button prompts fucking everywhere.

git gud
What put you off of it?

Was there any particular reason? Honestly I can understand for the most part, from either of the games. The music can be grating at times, and with the combat system I honestly felt like I was cheesing my fights at times, but because not doing so was extremely punishing you could easily say it was learning how to properly use skills to control your enemies in general. The story, however feels well done no matter how tragic all the equally flawed characters are

Buddy still did everything wrong

Witcher 1-3

I got through the first two acts of TW1 and enjoyed none of it. The combat was shit, there didn't seem to be any actual RPG mechanics (builds, character customization, playing as anything other than brooding mcedgelord). Also the backtracking was the worst.

I also got through (2?) acts in TW2, I ended right after crossing some battlefield place and ending up at a dwarf town. Like TW1 the combat was shit and there still weren't any RPG mechanics, and it had even worse story shit since at least some of the neat celtic fairytale sidequests in 1 were alright but 2 was just Game of Thrones for babbies.

TW3 was completely insufferable, the combat was now full on arkhamshit, still no builds/customization/roleplaying, and I only played two hours of it because it turned out to be another Ubisoft open world collectathon where you follow the glowy quest markers and collect things to make your numbers go up. I'm sure there might have been some interesting side quests in terms of story but god damn just make a movie or write a book about this shit if all of the "story" is going to be delivered through cutscenes and all the gameplay is going to be shit.

What about the music, character animation, [technology], and boss fight gameplay? I can see why someone would hate the game, but even someone that hates it should be able to acknowledge how good at least some of the elements are.

Excellent fucking taste. And trust me when I say there is not a single classic FF game that outshines PS.

I couldn't re-play VI at all if not for the brave new world romhack, and even that is retarded in certain aspects.
Phantasy Star IV is a very tightly balanced and well designed game in comparison.

not sure if this is honest enough of a try, but Skyrim

>get it for birthday around release (wasn't that enthusiastic about it, but my brothers demanded I play it since it was a gift for me) they mostly just wanted it for themselves
>nope

I have 300+ hours in just MGS 5's single player, and at least 100 or so of that is in spreadsheet shit.
It's annoying because Ground Zeroes is something I can actually go back to and play, but Phantom Pain has so fucking little on a core, fundamental gameplay level to offer that it's just fucking nothing compared to any other game in the stealth genre.
I'll go back to playing The Dark Mod, Death to Spies, Hitman, Splinter Cell and MGS 3, because Phantom Pain simply brings less to the table with more bullshit that weighs what little it has to offer down.

I'm actually trying to play Kingdom Hearts right now and… I just don't know. I'm trying to give it the benefit of the doubt, but the gameplay doesn't seem that great and the premise is so absurd that I just can't possibly take it seriously. Soundtrack is pretty great so far, though.

A friend of mine had that game and I didn't dare to ask him whether Sora was a girl. Didn't help that Sora sounds like Sara. Tranny programming at work tbh

After playing Blood Dragon I was honestly confused about the hate for Far Cry 3.
So I played it and found out.
By all accounts it wasn't AWFUL but there was such a cheap feel, so many awful design decisions and so little sense of progress in such a sterile game that when I killed the one semi-interesting character I just lost all interest in the game.

it was made by sony's mmo/pc division so yes. I don't know if they have access to that money and personnel but sony has it all

Planetside 2 is indeed shitty and there's a big chance they did it on purpose, and it's specially noticeable if you played the alpha which was an all around better game
Shame 1 is dead and nobody played it once 2 came out though, it was incredible

Witcher 3- I could understand it was a well made game, but it just didn't catch my attention. Maybe it was because I was pestered to play it by a friend that loved it.

I have 5000h in Planetside 2 and you are a shitter