NX comes out in only 5 months

Nintendo realizes it needs to advertise a console before releasing it right?

Other urls found in this thread:

wccftech.com/nintendo-nx-march-2017-release-date-reconfirmed-nintendo/
nintendo.fr/amiibo-/Details-de-l-amiibo/Zelda-933974.html
gonintendo.com/stories/264628-fire-emblem-animal-crossing-mobile-games-due-out-by-end-of-marc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Its gunna be a black box that plays gaemz

what else is new

Did they even release an announcement date yet?

One magic word: delay

Have you already forgotten the WiiU? That console failed because Nintendo refused to market it AT ALL. We're at the end of the generation and I still meet normalfags who think the WiiU is some kind of dongle attachment for the Wii.

They advertised the Wii to hell and back. That shit was on National fucking News stations over here. Then they forgot all about how to do that and assumed that since everybody bought a Wii they didn't have to try anymore.

They're probably gonna pull what Sega did for the Sega Saturn, except the Sega Saturn actually had games.

What makes you think they realize anything? They say they learned from their past mistakes and they still, to do this day, haven't proved that they did.

Japanese are too shy to advertise their shits

They'd pass right beside a man having an heart attack in the streets for fear of bothering him

do you have a single source to back that up?

Have you been living under a cave? The official release date from nintendo has always been March.
wccftech.com/nintendo-nx-march-2017-release-date-reconfirmed-nintendo/

They said it's to be released in March 2017 ages ago.
Google "NX March 2017".

They're gonna delay it to next November, we still haven't heard shit about it or Zelda Breath of the Wild having a solid release date.

If they delay it again that means the game has officially been delayed for about 2 years.

They're just hard at work refining their "Who would like to play NXt" advert campaign.

Haha! Good one!

If they announce it now, they will tank the holiday sales for the old shit they want to get rid of. Wait for mid December or early January when they figure they've already made all their holiday sales. However I don't think they're actually going to launch in March, regardless of what they claim. Pushing it back to September at least would make a lot more sense.

I'm guessing it is, I heard it was supposed to get released in March but now that's apparently out the window.

Nah, I have a feeling they'll do something like "The NXt way to play your favorite games". Or they'll call it the "New Nintendo".

Anyways, the next dumb prediction going around that'll lead to nothing is October 21st because that's when their last console was revealed. I have no idea why people like to believe this stuff after Metroid's 30th was met with nothing.

Some people need something to believe in.

I'm not certain that the March release date is out of the realm of possibility yet. Just two weeks ago we saw the Breath of the Wild amiibo go up on the French site, dated March 4th, 2017. Seems like if there was going to be an eight-month delay, they'd know about it early and know not to actively advertise March for a while.

Actually, shit. Checking nintendo.fr/amiibo-/Details-de-l-amiibo/Zelda-933974.html shows that the release date was changed to just "2017." Maybe it was delayed.

Here's an idea: Don't buy children's toys. Buy real hardware.

so edgy

Here's the release date changed. Not sure when that happened.

Japan isn't even good at electronics anymore. The korean niggers surpassed them. How pathetic.

I doubt there will be news before the release of the new Pokemon +~2 weeks, so maybe mid November.

says who?

I was hopeful that the new CEO would have the presence of mind to actively avoid past mistakes, but we're deep into 2016 without a single fucking word about the NX.

It doesn't inspire confidence, to say the least.

It's a weird feeling knowing any one of us would do a better job at running a games company than the people who already do.

They didn't with the Wii U, so I'm not sure what you're expecting.

They're probably trying to save money by spending for a sudden spike in hype before release instead of building it up over months. Advertising costs a lot in the months leading up to Christmas. Still a bad idea because people aren't going to drop hundreds of dollars on a new console if they only heard about it a month ago.

The other possibility is that 3DS sales will drop like a rock when the portable part of the NX is revealed to be fully 3DS backwards compatible. That might be true, but we don't know because there's no fucking info in the first place.

Until I hear anything about a GOOD game coming to NX; the worse it does, the better.

What about the new legend of Zelda, I heard it is a breath of fresh air for the series.

Are you actually going to buy that shit?

I don't see anything in any of the material that shows it not being another watered down adventure game devoid of excitement like every other adventure game nintendo made from gen7 onwards.

That's not actually Viper's music is it? The production value seems way too high.

no its some app that generates song
my cousin used it with a bunch of malkavian mod quotes

E3 to November is only five month apart, so it's not all that strange. It's still going to be shit though.

There's also the fact they've never made an open world game.

They want a keynote where they can say
“And it ships… TODAY!”

post em?

Its going to be a cellphone app, a black box receiver for the TV ala chromecast/amazontv, and a dongle accessory.

Either of these two is what's gonna happen.
Nintendo might be stupid, but they aren't THAT stupid.

It's going to be N-Gage 2.

If the "new way to play" they're advertising is actually interesting and lets me use a controller. $10 says it won't be either

That sure worked well for the Saturn.

OBJECTION!
The Sega Saturn was released in 1994, a period of time when the internet was a joke. In 2017, the year the NX is currently set to ship, the viral nature of the internet and it's much more prominent place in our lives could make a same day reveal/launch a viable option.
Sega Saturn had to use TV, radio and magazines to sell it's products. With the advent of the internet a same day release for the NX would blow up and be all over Twitters trending topics and reaction channels and all sorts of other useful idiot information channels. Not to say that it isn't still a risky move, just that it's not a completely retarded idea like it would be in 1994.

They're probably hoping all the curiosity behind it will drive the hype for them.

Open world is hard to get right and very easy to fuck up. Part of me wants to say they wouldn't mess up one of their tent pole franchises but then I see how they've been treating their other series lately.

COUNTERPOINT
It didn't work out for the WiiU either.

That would be true if not for the fact that Nintendo consoles are primarily aimed at children, and thus rely on less tech savvy parents to know it exists.

The wii U came out in 2012 though, the internet has become significantly more cancerous and spreading since then.

The thing is though, is that all those kids watch are shitty reaction and lets play channels, which are exactly the kind of places that would report on that sort of thing. Kids don't just see a new Nintendo console and then shut up about it. They bitch and moan to their parents asking them to get yet another console to play minecraft on.

How many first party games has Nintendo released in the past 4 years?

Did they show much of anything besides Zeldo at the conferences? I'm really blanking.

PCs kill consoles.
Mobile phones kill handhelds.

It's a glorious time to be alive. DRM-locked systems drown in their own shit. as it should be. PCs live on. Mobile "gamers" evaporate like smoke in the wind hahah suckers normalfags aren't actually gamers. all cancerous san francisco "app developers" die in a fire. Light em up boys it's a glorious time to be a gamer.

For fuck's sake Sony's gaming division is doing better than nintendo by not fucking up as much. We live in a time where the best companies are the ones that don't change a fucking thing. Fuck it, we have clearly crossed the line, let's see how far we can crash this plane!

>wii all

They might be this retarded.

you must be pretty fuckin old, kids nowadays use the internet as soon as they can speak

yet this generation is considered much more subverted than the boomer generation. I find it hilarious considering the boomer generation was just lied to without access to anything to check claims against. Meanwhile this generation has various sources of information at their fingertips yet they have done more damage to the western world than any boomer could have accomplished. Boomers might have created the foundation but the modern generation seem dead set do defend it despite reality showing them time and time again that they are wrong.

The next animal crossing is a mobile game bro;
gonintendo.com/stories/264628-fire-emblem-animal-crossing-mobile-games-due-out-by-end-of-marc

Kids would know. My mother is a kindergarten teacher and whenever she calls me she'll ramble for an hour straight about how kids will whine endlessly because they can't have their tablets out during class or how they can't connect to Facebook because you can't connect personal devices to the school's wi-fi.
Kids have technology, fewer kids(but kids all the same) use social media. If Nintendo did it right kids would be all over it.

That is actually pretty kek worthy.

we could of seen the fire emblem and animal crossing mobile shit sooner if they didn't delay them for a shitty mario runner game.

I'm not sure what you're getting at user.

I'm calling it now, the Fire Emblem one is just gonna be one of those shitty mobile card games that are extremely popular in japan

Call me when the emulator comes out and there are actual decent games

I don't think you understand, though.
children these days start *using* the internet as toddlers.
they never start *understanding* the internet, though, it's just a magic Lets Play babysitter to them.
They are beyond fucked, you will literally see small children acting like Pewdiepie because they were basically raised by him.

idk bout a card game and really most of those card games are pretty waifu material shit.

i mean if it isn't complete shit maybe
of course its probably gonna be grindy as shit.

they also could do a pvp/faction or kingdom vs kinda of shit for fire emblem etc

i've actually been enjoying super monster league its surprisingly pretty decent mobile game while waiting for dps ques on ffxiv

I heard something about advertisement space was expensive on election years.

Wouldn't it be a little late to suddenly push the NX back? Retailers were already publishing a March release date and nintendo started production of the NX in mass.
Why would they do this if we have to wait another year?

Notch should buy NoA to be honest

It's not like FE hasn't had TCGs befoe

Part of it was nintendo's fault, but there was a good portion that was journos intentionally sabotaging things when nintendo cucked them back when Iwata was in charge.

Consoles are dead.
Wii was a mainstream-appealing unicorn and Nintendo isn't going to repeat that.

That's why they're abandoning the home console market. The NX will be a handheld that can plug into a TV.

No.
No they don't.
I don't think they know that.
I don't know what in the fuck they are trying to do.
The simple answer is that there is no real meaning behind it.
They just don't feel like showing it off just yet.

My idea however is they made another console that sucks and even they know it fucking sucks and or are just worried people will think it sucks.
This is because when they showed off the abomination that was the WiiU at E3 2011
So to try and avoid that happening again they're gambling on investors not pulling their stock out as quickly.
The longer you hold off on showing the potentially crap console you made the longer those investors stay invested.
Hopefully I'm wrong.
Hopefully they show it off in the Nintendo direct on the 21st.
Hopefully it doesn't have a stupid name.
Hopefully it doesn't have an asinine tablet controller.
Hopefully it will have a nice lineup of launch exclusives and planned games that validate whatever the price point is.

I wouldn't even be surprised if they decided to release it this november just like SEGA did with the fucking saturn

Worked for Apple that past few years.

.implying manchildren need a logical reason to buy a shitendo console

come on, you faggots are like a fucking religious cult that praises Mario and Zelda rehashes

Shitendo might as well save that money to make a console thats only a generation behind the others

Handheld consoles are dead too. Children have phones now.
Living room vidya is dead since half a decade.
The future of N is toys and phone games.

Thanks for reminding me that TWEWY 2 never ever

That is because Apple fags are stupid normalfag drones. Nintendo fans are a minority in this day and age and only they will buy something because it was made by them.

So those are the newest buzzword halfchan Holla Forums is using

Announcing that the product is available the day is announced is fine for things that are simple, inexpensive, and convenient. Stuff like fast food, or a different flavor of cola. Expensive entertainment machines that costs hundreds of dollars is NOT an impulse buy. People will not go buy it unless you convince them to with good advertising and hype. In addition it must launch during a holiday season when everyone is ready to spend a lot of money. So if Nintendo did suddenly announce it and launch in early spring just after every spent their xmas money it will be a huge fucking disaster.

Sony shills will shit on it if they announced early and destroy it's success chances if it's announced early.

Depends on the games. I have no faith in it so at worst, I'll be right for not caring.

Console peasant here

I've become more and more of a casual gamer. I can't be bothered to have more than one system (currently with a PS4), and don't feel any loss at all if there's an exclusive game I'm missing because of that.

That being said,and being someone who grew up with nintendo games, I actually hope nintendo actually delves deeper and deeper into mobile games. And maybe even drop from the console race.

Among a sea of "mario runners" we are bound to get "regular" games. And since I won't buy a new console for a handful of games, having them on my phone pleases me. The next step would be for nintendo to fund or support things like pic related.

and thank the heavens for that

this way we get truckloads of jailbait

looks the same too me

Except that's wrong and you can easily tell by looking at the WiiU being the poorest selling Nintendo system second only to the Virtual Boy which doesn't really count if you think about it.

(witnessed)
They have a fiscal year report at the end of October and they will reveal the release date there unless they want their stock to drop.

i dont know, go back there to check it out, dont mind coming back

Ohhh shhiiiiiittttt!!!

jesus fuck, you cuckchanners are too easy to spot

I seriously hope you were just pretending to be retarded.

I seriously hope you were just pretending to be retarded.

Are you faggots serious?
this guy is clearly a cuckchanner since he doesn't know about it.

detected

They did that ages ago.

Are you saying the new console is called the "Here Wii Go"

Hard to blame Nintendo given the normalfags seem to eat that shit up, and aren't interested unless they're getting scammed.

Cross-compatability might be tricky, especially given they're likely all outsourced like Go, but might be worth it to wean them onto real games.

Every time.

Thrice in one thread! It's absolute mania!

Y'know who they could get some pointers from? That company that spends most of it's money on marketing.

OP, I don't think you understand how fucking arrogant Nintendo is and always has been.

Reply to the right person.

AND A FOURTH!

Fuck Nintendo.

What are they going to advertise? The two games that are ever going to come out for this "console"? How many decades has the new Zelda been in development? And it's not even a NX game, it's a Wii U game with a NX port, you won't even get a graphically contemporary game. They are making yet another new console and yet again they're not even going to deliver current-gen Xbone/PS4 2011 laptop graphics. No games, no graphics, it's a complete joke and if you buy one you're no better than the imbeciles who bought other current-gen consoles.

That wasn't the issue with the Saturn. The issue with the Saturn is that because Sega wanted to keep a tight lid on the Saturn until it's reveal, most 3rd parties didn't have the dev tools and documentation to actually make games for it. Couple that with the fact that, to keep it secret, Sega only allowed a select few retailers to carry it at launch. So not only was it not available at most box retailers, it had no games. This killed it's initial momentum, and turned a lot of devs off from making games on it - and pissed off retailers who refused to stock it.

The viral nature of the Internet actually works against Nintendo on this one, as they would have to enforce even stricter controls on pre-launch hardware and development than Sega did in order to prevent anonymous leaks to social media.

The mirror in the image is a suicide prevention measure. The sight of yourself leaping in front of a train is supposed to dissuade you from actually doing it.

Sure, if they actually intended it to be a success. Shareholders want the company to go mobile, Pokemon GO is the most successful thing they've put out since 2007 and they got invited to announce another cancer mobile game at Apple's announcement. They've already written this thing off as a loss while working on more shovelware mobile phone shit.