Such adorable Engrish

Such adorable Engrish

Doesn't every Japanese gamer that wants one already have a real Famicom? It was officially supported till like 2003.

Why doesn't Nintendo make a Famicom mini that actually plays Famicom carts?

Nintendo kept the original Famicom on the market from 1983 to 2003, an entire 20 years, and as a result the Famicom literally became a de-facto standard for cheap gaming in many Asian and Middle Asian countries. Famicim compatible games and Famicom compatible machines are still being produced in these places to this very day by various companies

SNES version when?

Fuck shitendo & fuck this gay earth.

Huh, guess that never got released in the US.

==カァセイクミニ==

Is it hard to get one for someone living in Norway?

everytime

wwwwwwww

1v1 me GAIJIN

Wouldn't adapters suffice?

muh inputlag
muh authetnic eggsprience

I don't know, my brother said that the Famicom needed a jap TV because stupid reasons I don't remember, something about signals or something.

PAL/NTSC presumably. I have 3 broadcast CRTs which allow switching between PAL and NTSC. You don't need a jap TV, just find a 60hz/ntsc CRT. Preferably something professional.

Trust me, if I knew there was a simpler way I'd go for it.

Alright, hopefully they won't be TOO expensive because of "retro is cool now" trend.

Will the regular cables from the Famicom do or do I gotta get something special for those too?

those will work. I don't like Nintendo consoles because they manage to have terrible picture output, and if i recall the famicom only does RF out which is just horrendous.

Alright, thanks.

Tomoko posters are the cutest.

The controller is PERMANENTLY connected to the console.
WHO EVER THOUGH THIS WAS GOOD FUCKING IDEA

That's how it worked on the Famicom

That doesn't really make it a good thing I just thought I should point this out

EXCITO BIKOH

goes inside the ==like this ==[aa]ロリすじ[/aa ]= ===[aa]ロリすじ==

バカ

oops i broke it let me try that again
[aa ] goes inside the ==
like this
==ロリすじ[/aa ]= ===[aa]ロリすじ==

FUCK
ロリすじ

Just get a burger tv

Check out this faggot.

Wait, it was officially supported until that long? That's incredible. But getting back on topic, if what you say is true then making these sounds like a waste of time on Nintendo's part, especially since I hear retro games are widely available and affordable in Japan, unless it's something with a really cult following like LSD.

Oh I know, and some other old consoles do it as well.

You could even keep getting downloads for the Famicom Disk system till 2003.

Well yes, but that one is small, and therefore cute so it will sell a few units guaranteed to recoup it's investment.

It enjoyed retail support on Nintendo's part until 2008 actually. It's just that as user stated the final unit was produced in 03, you could still get customer support, spare parts and guaranteed repair until 08.

Nintendo's site in the US still sold drive belts for the FDS for like $10 until around 2003, as well as Virtual Boy parts, like the foam visor, pieces of the shell, the lenses, and pretty much everything else that wasn't the absolute core of the system.

Still not as bad as having to daisy chain controller 2 off of controller 1.

IN A ONE HUNDRED FUCKING YEARS

what a shitload of fuck

This seems like a stretch, but since the power port uses microUSB for whatever reason, would it be theoretically possible to connect it to PC like you would a smartphone, make drivers for it and hack it to support other NES games and/or romhacks?

Nintendo used to be shockingly based about repair and spare parts

Which is the real reason for much of their (now waning) brand loyalty.