John Major: case for second Brexit referendum is credible

archive.is/AuDtd

This is getting pathetic beyond reason

Other urls found in this thread:

morningstaronline.co.uk/a-7e3d-EU-referendum-Vote-to-get-out/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Really makes you think.

So what are we gonna get, like an East Britain/West Britain situation with a wall seperating the two?

Yes.

Kick all anglos out of Earth.

Pure blooded saxons only!

Lexit when?

Germanics get out REEEEEE

I liked this until i realised France was involved

That seems much too high.

Well done you fucking retard.

If you want another referendum you vote for Scotland to leave the UK so it can remain in/return to the EU, since that is the will of the people over there.

But does Scotland want to remain in the EU more than it wants to remain in the UK? It doesn't look like it.

This. That's what they get for their pathological obsession with utilitarianism.

thank god!

You know, I still have yet to find a single convincing left-wing argument in favour of Brexit other than 'muh accelerationism'. Maybe there is a minor nugget of potential there, but I don't see much hope for this sad little island. You've still got a government heavily controlled by a right-wing media cabal, an over-reaching surveillance state of which there seems little enthusiasm for challenging, and a working class which seems broken and subservient, barely able to articulate its alienation beyond nationalist memes and xenophobia.

I know Holla Forums is most likes to play the whole 'hey, fellow left-wingers' card, ect., but come on, can anyone give me a solid, fact-based justification for how and why Brexit is going to make people's lives better?

Brexit will give more freedom to any future leftist government. It will hasten the death of the EU, which will be good for the nations oppressed by EU policies. It will help stem the flow of economic migrants, i.e. scabs, into Britain. It has already asserted the power of the British voter, which frightens the elite and makes the government less complacent about fucking people over.

This still sounds a little too much like 'muh accelerationism'. I would really prefer something substantive to chew on; what makes you so certain this won't have the opposite effect and simply embolden a government already leaning on authoritarian tenancies now that they won't have to deal with all those pesky human rights laws? The reason I question your optimism is this vote really does nothing to address the deeply systemic problems at the heart of British society itself; it mostly just externalizes blame.

I also question just how much of an attack on the 'elite' this was when one of the campaign's most prominent cheerleaders is currently stuffing his face with Ferrero Recoche at the Ritz.

Maybe you should explain whats so good about the EU to the fishing industry workers

Don't you leftoids gargle migrant cock at every opportunity? Why would a Brexit repeal be bad news for you?

Capitalist liberals do because they want a pool of cheap labor locally sourced. Leftist aren't triggered by mass immigration because they see it as the natural consequence of imperialist capitalism.

Not really, no.

Liberals do, but theirs is an ideology of the ruling class. Why is it people are able to signal "virtue" and high status by expressing such views?

I'm not certain. My position does have a lot to do with accelerationism in that I see little hope in the comfy neoliberal oligarchy that 'Europhiles' are trying to build and I think tearing it down will give more opportunities for progress.

One of the biggest problems with the EU is that it makes it harder for the people to hold their rulers to account. Politicians can shrug their shoulders and say 'my hands are tied, blame the EU bureaucrats' (often with some justification). Without the EU externalising blame for Britain's failings will be harder, although I'm sure some will still try.

Farage is in demand now because his mate Trump has been elected President. During the Brexit campaign he was opposed by the vast majority of elite institutions.

lmao

Not a lot, but it seems to be a policy based more on environmentalism so Europe doesn't end up with a situation similar to Japanese whalers. Even so, an EEA-like arrangement would be enough to significantly open UK fishing policy, but the hard-line Eurosceptics seem unwilling to compromise on this.

Because it's a pro-capitalist institution undemocratically accountable by design and unreformable as a consequence.

morningstaronline.co.uk/a-7e3d-EU-referendum-Vote-to-get-out/

The problem Britain has with the EU fisheries policy is that it allows foreign fishermen to plunder Britain's resources. As a country with extensive territorial waters and concomitant fish stocks we're a major net loser from the CFP.

Because EU is shite.
not that Tories are any better

Pick one and only one.

Reminder, the last actual left winger (of sorts) to become PM in the UK was Harold Wilson in the 70s and even then he was very much a moderate.

I can tell you as a brit bong that the most left-wing influence on the UK government for the last few decades has been the EU. Now we've "Brexited" the only thing US leftists have to look forward to is a rabidly right-wing cabal of Tories controlling the government for the next decade.

The EU is neoliberal, corrupt and pro-porky but our own government is far worse.

so never

Think of it as a necessary but insufficient condition.
The EU must be overcome and dissolved eventually if we are to have world revolution