twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

hhaha epic meme my friend

nice dubs.

tank you

Twelve Hours

post the yoshi r34

FOUR
HOURS

The blinking video was even more autistic.

What did he mean by this?

What was his name, again?

I like this post. Upvoted

TWELVE HOURS??

The Hand Hernandez

I wonder what his eggs smell like
haha

henry did nothing wrong

I genuinely like panenkoek

hey guys, am I still relevant?

He is a charming autist if i ever saw one, reminds me of Ulililia or that Paper Mario autist.

I'd actually love to go to a dinner with him and talk about Super Mario 64 shenanigans.

Enraged Rodriguez

I keep seeing this shit, what is it even about?

memes

Raging Ricardo

Me too. If you're interested in how games are programmed and how code can be manipulated, his videos are really good at showing off that sort of thing.

SCUTTLEBUG JAMBOREE
C
U
T
T
L
E
B
U
G

J
A
M
B
O
R
E
E

A guy wants to beat SM64 without pressing A. He does so by exploiting the game to insane levels. Like accumulating enough speed for 12 hours to travel through parallel universes, which are a thing because of the nature of integers vs floating point numbers.
Just look at the video and see it yourself.

I mean, technically he is right, it doesn't matter how much you press on the A, "half a press" is still a "press" so to speak, a less autistic way of explaining it would be a precise and quick tap of the A button

In brief, a wizard of a man has come to understand almost every technical aspect of Mario 64 and makes a bunch of videos showing off all kinds of batshit crazy ways he can fuck with the game.

Most of the quotes are from an especially bizarre video where he wanted to get a star in Hazy Maze Cave while pressing the A button as few times as possible. He's done a lot of different things to the game, but the meme was spawned by this particular star he was after.

So Mario is Pucci then? Now I can't stop thinking of a Yoshified version of Made in Heaven.

But that's not what it is at all.

Why even live

what about pressure sensitive buttons?

I think you need to pay more attention to the video.

In the video he explains that a 'full' A press is the act of: Pushing the button down, holding it down, and releasing it.
Personally I think an A press is just the act of pushing the button down.

Do you have the source of that luigi cross pic?

Everyone gets it wrong because he is not arguing semantics. He just uses that notation because it means he only needs to hold the button to do it, so he can enter the level while holding the button from a press at some other level and still beat it, reducing the amount of presses.

The best way would probably be to look at it in the same way the game engine processes is.

That is:

It really does get down to semantics and different people's interpretations of wording, personally a "press" is just that, pressing down, release or no release, but obviously this guy has different standards, and I'm inclined to listen to what he has to say considering that he's autistic enough to know SM64 likely better than the programmers at Nintendo did, even so, it's still pretty dumb to call it "half an A press" because that's not even strictly true either according to his own logic

Watch it again.

The half A press term is just referencing how it's leeching off an A press from a previous section when looking at the level in a segment. He even says in a full game run it would just count as an A press but looking at it as just that star it's a half A press because you depress the button before entering the level so you start with it pressed down.

I consider this state only to be an A press
The other two would be the act of holding the button down Obviously and releasing the button.
But if it's as you guys are saying and that's how the game engine itself interprets then that's when it starts to get fuzzy.

It doesn't fucking matter what the game does, it just means he can merge multiple 0.5 presses into 1 in a full run.

his unnecessarily in-depth and autistic explanation aside, anything more than 0 A presses is still an A press, complete or not

Then why doesn't he just have it as 0 or in the case of the video when the autism exploded 2 A presses?
Would be more impressive/accurate.

If this is true then he's just a fucking cunt.

He still pressed it at some point at time, whether it was before the level started or not. His error is in considering it a "half press" rather than "holding the button from earlier".

It's half a press because you can't call it a press if you didn't press it down. Check mate.
Henry: 0
Twelve-Hour Autism Man: 1

I agree with you.

Is there a more perfect meme? Besides baneposting of course.

Honestly the fact that it can drive a conversation like this makes this a great meme in my eyes.

Yup.

pepe

He probably used this notation in his notes and then explained it later.

At least this meme is vidya faggots.

"holding the button from earlier" isn't something you can quantify considering he's counting the A presses for each section. It also isn't quick or easy to get across.
There's a reasonable context for the semantics and that's all that matters.

get out of here henry

Because 0 doesn't explain what is being done, it's called a half A press to represent how the A press itself is split between two segments. In the game the A press is in three states; Depressed, Held, Released. The half A press just means in the previous section that's not counted for the segmented run he depressed and held it, when the run starts for the level he's still holding it and eventually releases it, that being the other half of the A press. It's split in half during the hold since the run starts there for the level. A half A press isn't possible in a full game run since there's no moment where you can obfuscate the beginning of the press, but you can in a segemented run since you can enter it in particular ways.

it is something you can quantify, because he literally quantifies it with the half a press. """""yoshi""""" get out

Thanks. I did find the source but I'm having trouble finding a high resolution pic.

But that's what is happening. The button is being pressed once, in the context of the entire run. Call it a "button hold" or something. By calling it a "half press" he is misrepresenting what is happening to the button. I've seen the entire video and his explanations and weird physics. It's fun and all, but it's not like the button goes from being in a neutral state, to being already held down without it being pressed.

I'm so glad that Holla Forums worked their meme magic and reclaimed Pepe from the normalfag menace.

TWELVE
HOURS

The only disgusting thing here is the 3dpd you just posted, Henry.

Within the context of an individual level run it's half an A press since you go into the level holding down A, once the full minimum-A-press speedrun is released, it'll count as a full press.

You're not understanding me. I know that. I'm saying that calling it a half press is what allows you to do that. How are you supposed to add "I held this down from earlier" to 4 presses?

That's a fair argument to make, but what I'm saying is that representing the "half" is more important for his purposes. The number of times a button is pressed for a section of a run is the important piece of information for those videos, not representing the situation behind the press for learning reasons.

Nice to know someone saved my oc.

You know, Henry is kinda
C U T E !! …

I am the one who requested it.

You want me to do a better job?

Also wouldn't it be 1/3 of a press?

Shut your fucking mouth you philistine!

Technically, but the last 1/3 has no function in the game so the first 2/3s is all there is to care about.

Eh, I say go for it, but I think the next level would be changing the perspective to match the art cover.

One could simplify it as
Which is kind of how the game retrieves the information once a level has started. It doesn't check to see if the button is being held down until the button is first pressed.

releasing it would cause mario to fall faster than the "hover-like" state of holding it, essentially being the act of returning to normal. While not conventionally useful, it still happens, and I would argue it's still 1/3rd of the A-press.

Amazing.

Now this is autism.

Fucking saved.

one of the max autisms levels to walk the earth

but by this theory it would be possible make multiple press of a button without release it

Did he actually manually stare at the screen for twelve hours going nowhere holding down a button or did he automate it?

He's autistic, so he manually held the button for 12 hours and complained about it the entire time.

He said he sped up the game

Most likely automated while he worked on his thesis, but he could have done that with his toes.

me too fam

It's chan exclusive so probably not

I like how Holla Forums is autistic and thinks he actually holds the button for 12 hours. He uses a TAS tool, you retards

He still had to wait 12 hours though, and it still took an autistic amount of trial and error

Jesus this meme sure did take off.

What's next? 12 hours of SatAM Robotnik chomping his teeth?

Rabid Ronaldo?

Furious Fernando

Where's the video?

no, he fast forwards. he even does it in the video

Miffed Moe

I don't know if there's a bigger resolution

At last I truly see

Dear Mario,
What you need is my Stand「The World」.
What you can find beyond the powers of my Stand is where you need to go in order to find the Star. What you need is a trustworthy friend. He must be someone you can raise to do your bidding. He must be someone who is not interested in political power, fame, wealth, or sexual desire, and who chooses the code of the game before the law of humans.
Will I, Luigi, be able to meet someone like this one day?
What I also need are the speed of atleast 10 PUs who have slopes, because those who have slopes harbor a strong speed within.
There are 14 phrases that one must keep in mind:
「Infinite Staircase」
「Scuttlebug」
「Rainbow Ride」
「.5 A Presses」
「Scuttlebug」
「12 Hours」
「Scuttlebug」
「QPU Alignment」
「Miyamoto」
「Winged Cap」
「Fire Flower」
「Scuttlebug」
「QPU Alignment」
「The Secret Star」
I’ll engrave these words onto my Stand so I won’t forget them. What is most necessary is「courage」; I must have the courage to become QPU misaligned momentarily. As I move through universes, my de facto speed will sync with the PUs of the 10 slopes and will give birth to something utterly new.
Whatever is born will「awaken」. It will show interest in the 14 words that my trusted friend will utter… My friend will trust me and I will become his「friend」.
Lastly, I need an appropriate location. Hazy Maze Cave, Watch For Rolling Rocks, -10,-3 PU.
Go there and build up speed for 12 hours
That’s when the Star will come.
Sincerely, Luigi.

How many A presses would it take to kill yourself?

Depends on the map, if there's a cliff or enemy nearby you need none.

LOL

Accelerate as much as you want. You are still human at the end of the day and need to breathe No one is truly invincible.

that was fucking incredible

spongebob is the only guy i know who can have fun with a jellyfish for twelve hours.

but.. why would he shoot him before throwing him out a plane?

Why is henrys such a massive cuckold anons ?

It's an abstract term, since beating a level with the a button held down from beginning to end, is better than beating it and letting go of it at some point since it adds to the total a presses for a full run.

It's not hard to understand.

howcome he believes in half being in a relationship but not half a press?

I posted this without pressing a

Idiot.

Where'd you copy it from, smart-ass.

plenty of a's in this thread alone.

You win this round.

tj henry yoshi is really depressing and naive because whenever i make a half a press video he strategically builds up speed for 12 hours but it's not as simple as you think. maybe you guys need an example. so, as i explained earlier: tj henry yoshi is really depressing and naive because whenever i make a half a press video the scuttlebug's home will update to where the scuttlebug was when Henry comments over and over so by strategically luring Henry to the edge of it's radius and bumping into it we can effectively travel by a multiple of 4 QPUS at a time. but that's not actually true since there are no objects in PUs. furthermore, the n64 console will actually crash if you travel to a PU and let the camera follow you.
Henry fags will defend this.

Henry is a cocksucker.

Actually when I made that post held down a and the quickly pressed reply before releasing it.
Thereby it only took me half an a press to make that post.

I'm just watching this whole thing, not understanding anything that is going on, but enjoying it none the less.

It really isn't that complicated. You just have to understand that Mario's speed is not how fast his model is moving, but where Mario will next be placed in the game world.

stale meme. too many newfags

People play old games under self-imposed constraints to keep things interesting. The guy plays with the constraint of reducing the number of button presses. He only uses this notation because he plays segments.

If you train segments, minimizing presses according to this half-press notation and then you do the whole thing together, this results in minimizing the number of button presses under both his definition and the normalfag one. For playing through the whole game, the number in both notation systems becomes the same.

Checkmate Henry.

I had to pause this multiple times

why henry if there where other user who commented whit the same argument?

Nintendo fans use the least amount of words in their memes.

I get the half press thing, but what's the rest?

Probably because his statement was the most direct, the rest were newfags who couldn't read

ebin 4chan maymay

Someone feels left out

God fucking dammit

Let's say panenkoek plays 2 stages. In the first stage he presses the A button 2 full times, then presses it again to jump to the star and keeps it held until entering the next stage. Next he depresses the button and presses it 2 more times to finish the stage. Each stage takes 2.5 presses to complete but both stages together take a full 5 presses.

THERE IS NO HALF A PRESS EXCEPT IN THE CONTEXT OF AN INDIVIDUAL STAGE. A HALF PRESS ONLY EXISTS BECAUSE THE INITIAL PRESS WAS MADE PRIOR. If this half press was still a full press as (((Henry))) claims then these 2 stages would be completed in a total of 6 PRESSES WHICH IS DEMONSTRABLY UNTRUE!
IT'S NOT FUCKING HARD.

Well, yes and no. The first half is done before the stage, but it's not counted on the total a presses because it was not made on the final stage, a press and a release do different things

>>>/suicide/
shit OP

This thread is displaying high amounts of autism.

From where is that?

When he says "half a press", he means holding the button down from before that. That's it. If you're too dumb to understand, imagine he says "I held the button once and pressed the button twice" when he says 2.5 A presses. His wording is strange but his idea makes sense: holding the button down from before is not the same as pressing and releasing the button

I wish. If this autism to you, then the actual video might have actually killed you.

Also, why does this faggot think he's relevant?
The only reason he got semi famous is because he got roasted by pannenkoek in one of his videos. He's not even the star of the video or the meme, pannenkoek is. He's just a retard who didn't read the video description much the retards here who don't understand what he means.

He even released a fucking video about it clinging on to the meme. How petty can you be?

Reminderhe has a yoshi oc
This probably means hes a massive furry with like a fat fart vore fetish or something

HENRY-FAGS

PANNEN-FRIENDS

PANNEN-FRIENDS WILL ALWAYS SURPASS HENRY-FAGS

But he is right. You can't Half press something

That's not even the point I'm making, henry. I see you're misinterpreting things again

you both sound fags fam

You faggots realize this is literally how The Flash and The Speed Force works right?

Nope. I look forward to hearing your detailed 30 minute explanation of the mechanics behind their powers though.

In which quadruple parallel universe?

Didn't he literally run so fast that he went faster than light to escape death, guaranteeing that his bloodline lived on, all while he charged infinitely towards the entropy death of the universe?

You mean his universe abstract certain floats into integers as well?

It's in an emulator, so he sped up time.
That's also how he gets superhumanly precise movements.

youtube

Sure why not

i went ahead and watched this video
this guy is impressively autistic. it's a shame he puts forth his energy towards speedrunning.
neat glitches though.

where?

Disappointed.

Speedrunning is perhaps a misnomer here, the way one would call ASSFAGGOTS an RTS in the most technical sense

Speedrunning consists of manual runs, 100% runs, low% runs, glitch free runs, anything goes runs, etc lots of variety. TAS runs typically have frame perfect programmed inputs to pull otherwise impossible feats, such as SMW injecting arbitrary code to end the game immediately at the credits (which was later proved possible with manual play)

In any case, the point is theres tons of challenge and gimmick categories within speedrunning that break the game in interesting ways, but have no apparent use in regards to speed itself. Pannencoek's ultimate goal seems to be 100% completion with as few A button inputs as possible

A liberal rainbow-haired social-justice professor and Game-Genie using cheater was teaching a class on Ed Boon, known kusoge designer.

”Before the class begins, you must get on your knees and worship western fighting games like Mortal Kombat 1 as the pinnacle of great control schemes and game design, even eclipsing the Street Fighter series.”

At this moment, a brave, pro-waifu monogamy black man who had spent thousands of hours at the arcades in the 90s and who also beat Smash Brothers on the highest difficulty using only his penis without ever bragging about that as he understood that wasn't a real fighting game, stood up and showed a controller, slowly pressed a button, held down for a while, and released it.

”How many button presses is this, pinhead?”

The arrogant professor snarled quite shaqfuly and smugly replied “one, you stupid nerd.”

”Wrong. In your definition that is one action. But if you mained Juri in Ultra Street Fighter IV and thought of that as one action… then you couldn't ever store a projectile for later use.”

The professor was visibly shaken, so much that the collector's figurine from Rise of the Robots dropped out of his butthole. He stormed out of the room crying that he would block all you bullies on twitter. There is no doubt that at this point our professor, Henry Scrubbington, wished he had gotten gud. He had always wanted to practice fundamentals by playing Tattoo Assassins, but the developers themselves had canceled it, calling it an irredeemable piece of shit!

The students applauded, decided to all have some pancakes and start a local scene only playing Japanese fighting games. An eagle named Glorious Nippon flew into the room and shredded the American Flag, left, and came back again with a Japanese one. The Book of Daigo was read several times, and Ryu himself showed up and set the professor's head on fire.

The professor lost his tenure and was fired the next day. He died of turbo arthritis from doing too many button presses and was thrown into a pit full of spikes and copies of Ballz nobody wanted.

Fag-ality.

This complicated bullshit is why I just prefer slowruns

Is this fresh?

And then you have these madmen.

YOU ARE LIKE LITTLE BABY

Go to 13 minutes.

Super Mario, Bro of Cinder

Link the fire, Chosen Untoad, for you have been chosen by fate to succeed the Mario Bros!

Basically, by building up Mario's speed to ludicrous levels, you can move so fast that you move beyond the bounds of the map and loop around to end up in "parallel universes" with some of the same level geometry. By carefully managing speed and jumping between parallel universes, you can basically teleport all over the map so that you can get to high places without pressing the A button. It's beautiful, unadulterated autism.

Same, especially as a compsci undergrad. I already know a lot of the underlying concepts, but he does an excellent job explaining how they fit together and giving examples of how they're implemented in SM64.

ACKSHUALLY
The "half an A-press" just means that it won't count as an extra A-press in a multi-level run, because it can be pressed beforehand and held through the level. Imagine 2 levels:
So level 1 obviously requires 2 presses. Level 2, on its own, requires you to press A to swim, then press it again to jump (2 presses alone). So it seems at first glance like you need to press A 4 times to clear both levels.
HOWEVER
If you keep holding A from that last jump in level 1, you can start swimming quickly immediately in level 2, so doing both levels only requires 3 presses: jump, jump->swim, jump.
That's why the second level would be said to be possible in 1.5 presses, because it's 2 by itself, but 1 with another level.
The 0.5 press thing is just shorthand for "adds 1 to an IL run, adds 0 to a full run." Doing two 0.5x levels in a row adds nothing to the total run counter, even though 0.5*2=1

It's a TAS.

Its more like one third of an a press

I think he calls it a half A press instead of a third A press because there is no benefit to releasing the A button.

A square is a square, you can't say it's a half-square.

: - )

I love you too.

Yeah why ever discuss videogames or do something we like
Mark should lock all threads and link everyone to Holla Forums.

I wish for an entire instruction booklet like this.

You only come to truly appreciate this man's struggle once you've watched all his old videos, chronologically, on both channels.

Nice b8

The US in a war with mexico is more likely than that. Now fuck off if you can't add video games.

I just want to enjoy what little time I have left, Holla Forums. The next debates are on Thursday and I'll be back in gear then.

Is it possible to complete any level in less than half A press?
By pressing the A at a level before, and releasing it at a level after?

lmao?

If Hillary is elected then it will happen. She's been calling to arms against Russians and "russian hackers"

dear god.

Plenty of levels (nearly 100, more if you don't count getting to the level in the first place) have 0x if that's what you're asking. Pannenkeok keeps an updated list of A-presses needed in his ABC run here: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wVD60DYcPPjWmfObqwV-1Kb0ic478dsL9znCMqM2X4M

but 0 A presses should not be the same as holding A throughout the entire level, since it's rounded up to 1 in the single-level context

Those would be catergorized as .5

DEAR LORD SAVE US ALL

You're still holding down the A button throughout the level, so it's still a half-press.

Here you go

No hope

yeah, the time when he goes in parallel dimensions its when the feeling "humanity went too far" really kicks in

This one is my favorite. Wall kicks are just a suggestion.

And this is what happens when he DOES let himself use the A button…

LOL am i right guise?

damn

ABSOLUTE MADMAN

A retarded fucking half/v/ meme.

Henry detected

>>>/halfchan/

Oh that's right, you're getting shut down this month.

Trips

Fuck off Henry, orange is a shitty color for a Yoshi

Are you going to be there when some faggot discovers parallel universes within Ocarina of Time, Henry?

How does it feel to be the Holla Forums equivalent of halfchan idiots calling everything reddit?

Are you fucking retarded? do you even know where this "meme" originated from? It came from halfchan Holla Forums so therefore is cancer. half/v/ is the equivalent of fucking neogaf without accounts. What makes this worse is the half the fucking thread and this site is filled with fucking crossposters.

There is literally nothing wrong with being a 4channer.

A chan is just a chan, you can't say it's only half.

wew

Also
The vast majority of everyone here is cancer then. You shouldn't be expecting much.

you stupid mother fucker it come from youtube, this is literally a youtube video made for his personal autism first and chans never, we just laugh at it anyway because its fun

(checked)
(checked)
That's where you're wrong, (((Henry))), and let pic related explain why

Who is this adorable little thing?

a scuttlebug

mariowiki.com/Scuttlebug

underrated

But we have people who do that as well.

>this degree of autism

THE LORD OF Holla Forums IS FOUND

(checked)
This is a good post.

Holy fuck, that is the most autistic thing I have ever seen, not only is it amazing but also unfathomable to think someone spend this much time just to get 1 star.

I think we found the king of Holla Forums

You sound upset.

I find it funny you'll never find this level of autism in newer games. just shows games are turning to shit.

Just be glad he managed to improve upon the 10 day strategy (yes, 10 rotations of the earth about its axis) to climb whomp's fortress tower without jumping.

jesus christ what

how long does it take now?

I actually understand everything he says.
Should I seek help?

no it's fine I can understand him too

please kill me

_, ._  ( ゚ Д゚)  ( つ旦O  と_)_)    _, ._  ( ゚ Д゚)   ガシャ  ( つ O. __  と_)_) (__()、;.o:。          ゚*・:.。

Seriously what the absolute FUCK did I just tread into

don't worry, he's giving us the secret formula to align your gpu and go into another parallel universe. anyone who tells you otherwise is a faggot with misaligned gpu's.

Right now it takes 14 minutes and involves starting in a different level first and using some crazy global object coordinate displacement thing.

Originally he was going to create the 100-coin star by collecting 100 coins, then collect over 60,000 more coins through an infinite respawning coin glitch to reset the coin counter to zero, then collect a 2nd set of 100 coins to make a 2nd 100-coin star. Here's the video.

I follow it perfectly fine up until 11 minute mark and found it really interesting the first time I saw it. My eyes always glaze over after that though. I'm more interested in the staggering amount of newfags here who are watching it for the first time. I like the meme(s), but normally these threads die off really quick.

what the fuck
this is the hardest pannen has ever fucked my head

yea, wtf is going on with all these redditors showing up
LOL XD MEEMS, I GOT IT GUYS AM DO I NEED TO SEEK HELP I MUST HAVE THE TERMINAL AUTISMS XD ROFL! ;)

You have it, the spark of grand 「AUTISM」 inside you.
Bring it proper sustenance and let it grow, develop, and specialize itself into the subject you were meant to conquer!

You don't need to try THAT hard.

Basically, it creates a star at 100 coins, and it resets back to 0 after getting 60,000+ coins. The idea is to use a simple infinite respawn exploit to get 60,100 coins in one sitting.

panen's videos aren't hard to understand at all. Even I got my HS degree one year late and never got in college and I get that stuff.

I guess that people who have no knowledge of finite fields, or how is data stored in different-sized signed/unsigned formats can get a bit lost.

the scariest thing about this file is that it actually makes sense

but it was the same mad man

Has anything ingame actually come of this shitty halfchan meme, or is it still just a ripoff of superior baneposting?

nice

VERY nice

The reactions to this video are why we need one of these threads every once in a while. The moment you discover Pannen, your life changes forever.

Someone should make a higher quality version of this webm now that Holla Forums supports 12 mb files. And maybe archive this thread too.

fuck off Carlos

Did he give up?

Ok I watched the video that is source of this shitty meme.
HOLY FUCKING SHIT
That nigger is absolutely autistic. Wasn't he ever called out on that? What did he reply? How the fuck can one be so obsessed over one shitty old kiddie game?

If he was autistic he couldn't explain it as amazingly as he does in his videos, autists have communication problems, and if he was autistic he would probably come up with some weird conspiracy theory, rather than actually finding exploits in the game. Plus, he's showing others what HE's interested in, which is directly contrary to what an autistic person would do.
EVEN MORE CONTRARY, autists have a hard time thinking creatively, and are known to try and "brute force" problems (i.e. keep doing shit over and over again) until they get it. It's very obvious that whatever pannen is doing in super mario sunshine requires a lot of flexible and creative thinking, even to the point where he edits the actual code of the game to simulate different outcomes. I bet you couldn't try and come up with this shit.
What he is doing is more indicative or a very goal-oriented, motivated person who happens to have good technical skills. Perhaps for fun/entertainment he set a goal to figure out how to complete a game he liked in the littlest amount of a-presses (he probably thought "well, speedruns have been done before, I should probably do something unique")

He's probably as obsessed over it as you are obsessed over your hobbies.