FALCOM (Ys, Trails, Gurumin, Brandish, etc) thread

FALCOM (Ys, Trails, Gurumin, Brandish, etc) thread

YS AND TRAILS ARE ON SALE ON GOG RIGHT NOW!

gog.com/promo/20160927_back_to_school_sale_xseed_collection

Don't forget to support their games!

- Most games published by XSEED now to be developed with a PC release in mind gamesindustry.biz/articles/2016-09-09-no-fan-left-behind (end of the 9th paragraph)

- Trails of Cold Steel II released for North America already, european release: November 11
- TitS the 3rd for Spring 2017 (PC only)
- Akatsuki no Kiseki (F2P browser game) on open beta, happens around the first half of Trails to Azure, register and play at akatuki.ujj.co.jp/ (instructions: esterior.net/2016/08/akatsuki-no-kisekis-closed-beta-opens-on-825-and-how-to-sign-up/ )
- Rean's new design for Cold Steel III revealed on Tokyo Xanadu Ex+: i.imgur.com/IjrV9kk.jpg
- Trails of Cold Steel III release date for Japan should be Septermber 2017, PS4 version confirmed, Vita port may or may not happen
- Trails of Cold Steel to get a live action musical adaptation starting January 8 2017, more details and full cast here: blog.honeyfeed.fm/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-cold-steel-musical-full-cast-revealed/

- Xanadu Next Western PC release… soon?
- Tokyo Xanadu confirmed for a 2017 Western release along a PC port
- Improved PS4 version with new content (Tokyo Xanadu Ex+) fixes and vastly improves the original game, no longer a joke difficult-wise
- The Legend of Xanadu I & II to be released pretty soon! romhacking.net/forum/index.php/topic,12365.msg318702.html#msg318702
- Possible tease for a new Xanadu game on Tokyo Xanadu Ex+ (Xanadu Next OP appears on a screen): i.imgur.com/IjrV9kk.jpg + TX Ex+ ending asks the player to look forward to "Other Xanadu" (games?) + Kondo asking to be hopeful for Tokyo Xanadu 2 on a recent interview

- Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana just got released on Japan, extremely well received and selling at a higher rate than Seven and Celceta
- Ys VIII for PS4 to be released for Japan next year; this version was made for the West so maybe we'll start hearing about a Western release by then

- Tokyo Xanadu Ex+ teases "Ys vs Trails of Cold Steel: Another Chronicle" pbs.twimg.com/media/Crxw0y2UIAA8RUa.jpg:orig

- We need a new guide for the Ys game, any volunteer?

pastebin.com/G2mswYCt

Don't forget to support their games!

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.org/details/Neo_Kobe_NEC_PC-8801_2016-02-25
twitter.com/XSEEDGames/status/787414005610524673
twitter.com/XSEEDGames/status/787737047750500352
esterior.net/2015/01/orbment-watches-available-for-preorder-on-chara-ani/
bato.to/reader#e1a65f9f15f5ce4e
xanadunext.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

WHO DARES TO MOCK THE SON OF A SHEPARD?

Also where the fuck is Xanadu Next xseed? I don't want to start the fan translation only to have the localization come out before I finish

I've beaten Oath and Ark on hard, and I'm starting Origin.

Is it worth it to play on nightmare? By worth it I mean bosses getting new attacks, that sort of thing. If it's only "bosses become sponges, you become paper" then I'll probably just stay on hard.

Bosses are pretty bullshit on nightmare. Epona can go suck 50 dicks.

I thought Ark and Ys II were very reasonable on Nightmare. But Oath has given me a lot of trouble. There's definitely a lot more bosses in it. At the bird boss in the Lava Pits dungeon now, haven't really figured out how to deal with him yet, or at least how to execute it.

I'm interested in looking at Falcom's pre-Dragon Slayer games. Do any of you know where I might find them? I usually get shit from Emuparadise but they don't seem to have PC88 games.

What did she mean by this?

One thing I appreciated just Cold Steel are power levels. When you go up against bosses proclaimed to be monsters, they usually outright kill your ass and you only survive due to a timely rescue. I appreciate that these high school students, while good, can't go toe to toe with high ranking dudes and soundly kick their asses. The time skip to III will probably be where we're able to fight them head on and win.

Also, finding out that Rufus continually allowed them to win increases the believably in hindsight.

But after CS2 ends, What is Emma going west to do? Check in with Witch Grandma?

>But after CS2 ends, What is Emma going west to do? Check in with Witch Grandma?

That and look for Vita.

Vita is somewhere having a martini.

If you waifu Emma, she says She doesn't know much about the Divine Knights, so she wants to go find out as much information as possible from every place possible and return to Rean to give him the best information she could find and be the guide he deserves

I like to think that Vita is in hiding. I can't imagine the Grandmaster being lenient when her entire plan was taken over by the Chancellor and his Ironbloods. Though if it has no effect on what they called the Orpheus Final Plan, then she might not be in hiding and she might still be an Anguis

I can't wait. I really want to see Rean aim for the title of Divine Blade of [Whatever]. And see people like Laura start pulling out shit like her dad does.

There's no precedent for a living Anguis being dropped. Given from what we've seen in TiTs:3rd, she seems to be gentle and forgiving person.

Yeah, I have yet to play TitS 3rd. Excited for that too.

She was clearly disappointed by the fact that Rean's blade wasn't ready to slaughter whatever was peeping on the hot springs.

GAY

Just finished Cold Steel II, pretty fuckin good (even if the pointless epilogue boss was weird), and I'm looking forward to the III, assuming they make a vita port because I'm not going to buy a goddamn PS4.

Now, time to get started with Trails in the Sky

Yeah, the epilogue wasn't really anything. The major plot ended at the end of the Divertissement, really.

Even the final boss said that there was no point to this.

The epilogue was mostly there to tell you: this is what everyone is going to do now. Class VII is broken up. Remember it serves as an epilogue to all the other students and teachers at Thor's too if you talk to them.

Why was Class VII broken up, anyway? What was the point?

Ys 2 is A-MAZE-ING

Crow told them to "Move Forward, Relentlessly" so basically they all decided to graduate early with an accelerated course of study and follow their dreams/do what they feel they need to do as soon as possible.

Got it, okay, I missed the part where they were on an accelerated course so I thought everyone was just dropping out and got really confused

You should try Touhou YS, it came out last month.

Wut. That game came out in 2014.

Also, it's brain dead face roll easy. It's only worth playing with a difficulty patch.

Yeah, it's never stated outright. But it's through the dialogue that you find out they're taking accelerated study courses so that they could leave and do the things they wanted to do/have to do.

They even tell Rean that he has to do it again next year despite him being there already (which means they were blowing through Year 2 work in Year 1).

Rean's the only one staying behind because he hasn't figured out what he wants to do, he has to consider his ah.. position, I guess? When it comes to certain people. And he has to consider Valimar.

I really like how it doesn't go back to being "normal" after the adventure. Rean has something that's incredibly powerful in his hands, that changed the course of his life significantly and made the future even more uncertain than it is now.

Yah, I forgot to put that in my previous post. It was just about what Class VII was going to do.

It was a bonus boss and dungeon integrated into the story.

Hello shill, were can I pirate those?

If you come over to my house with some hard drives I can copy them over for you.

Ha ha auto correct strikes again!

nigga, use CDs.

I got all the games.

git gud

I did, still doesn't excuse her from being an awful boss all 3 times.

Kishval is way fucking harder

New Tokyo Xanadu eX+ music's sounding groovy as heck.

Try the torrent/ZIP here (pretty frickin' big, but very comprehensive and other PC-88 sets aren't as tidy): archive.org/details/Neo_Kobe_NEC_PC-8801_2016-02-25

As for physical collection…good luck. You'd first have to find working copies of the floppies/cassettes.

This track is amazing.

I've just finished trails in the skies FC. Well, it was amazing, but I was disappointed to learn the third chapter isn't out in english yet.

Should I play the second chapter right away, or wait several months to give myself something to look forward to? I don't want to play the rest of the series achronologically.

Play SC now. It concludes the Liberl story arc.
The 3rd is a bonus story with lots of important background information for the following games.

Decided to replay TITS FC and SC since I only played either of them once (and each Cold Steel game at least twice).

Gonna see how much little things I notice such as, in the opening, Weissman being shown just before the flash of the Ouroboros symbol and an armored Loewe , as well as how many call forwards I can notice.

Thank you so much. It is in there. However, not I have to figure out how the hell to get it running. I go to the tape option, put it in, then put in the commands it says in the file name but when I do the "MON R" bit it just sits there not letting me type while a number in the bottom right preceded by "tape:" increases seemingly forever.

That artists is utterly talentless.

Also Altina is a rabbit, not a cat you dumb fuck, see the ears? SEE?

If the emulator is accurate, it will read the tape at the same speed, a real console would. That can take a few minutes.

Fucker gave Millium a giant foot just so he wouldn't have to draw toes. Are they really that hard? Why are feet only drawn well in fetish shit?

Probably because they care about good looking feet?

They most likely just saw the tail and said, that's a cat. Granted, I've never seen a rabbit with a long tail before.

His head pat hand is primed and ready to take another victim.

They refer to her as the White Rabbit in nearly every scene she's in.

Millium's the white rabbit, I think. Altina is the black rabbit.

Some people don't have reading comprehension skills.

HNNNNNNG the Emma's Casual Set DLC.

Got any pictures?

Wish I could webm her running animation :^)

Oh my

Just finished first Cold Steel and now waiting for 2 to come in the mail. I remember Sky having a bit of a sucker punch and quasi cliff hanger after the first chapter, but this is a whole other level of 'buy the next game faggot'.

Oh yeah. Incidentally, Cold Steel 2 doesn't end as satisfyingly as Sky 2, because there is a third game on the way, but it ends with not so much a cliffhanger as a: the story will go on.

Cold Steel 2 ends with after you beat Vermy. Everything after is essential Ao/Cold Steel 2.5

I would have been even less satisfied if they ended it there.

Xanadu Next when
The Legend of Xanadu I & II when
TitS the 3rd when
Tokyo Xanadu when
Ys VIII when
Trails to Zero & Azure when

Tits 3rd is Spring 2017

I want screenshots of her during the Bareahard bonding event.

I can only take a photo of my TV. It's not great.

I just want Arios to come out for Akatsuki soon

What's the deal with that game?

It's pretty good, the art of the main character is horrible though. But you can get characters in Gacha (like Randy's cousin, Arianhord's valkyrie).

Yeah I'm looking at youtubes of it now. Apparently you can get random fucking people like Kurt?

Yeah, if you are unlucky.

But I think Tio is in the Gacha right now. If you want her this is your chance

This is the best one I could get.

bump

Does anyone who plays Akatsuki and have 5* support?

I jack off daily to my god

That's way too lewd, user.

It's not gay if the boxes aren't touching.

That's what you all say, next thing you know you slip the boxes together constantly for that sexual satisfaction.

The box is closed right now. should I be afraid?

Well, it is October. I say err on the side of caution lest you get spooked by a severed penis or Crow x Rean yaoi.

God, why couldn't Katsumi be the artist for these games.

His art for Zero and Ao were amazing.

seriously tho, does anyone have an up to date map (even if fan made) of the Zemurian continent?

Its interesting that they'd put Arteria near the edge of the known world.

I'm looking to play Ys for the first time. Is pic related a good conversion? Will I need to know Japanese to play this or the PC-Engine CD version?

I haven't played anything past SC, but… that's pretty interesting, I wodner why

OP has a guide dude. Play the PC or PSP version, thet's the definitive edition of both games.

The pastebin only has downloads.

Crossbell is way too big in this map (there's no way it's supposed to be a big as Liberl), and Erebonia stretching over the top of it doesn't seem right at all from what I can remember of the Cold Steel map.

Looks pretty accurate to me.
(I just happened to get to *this point* in CS2)

What's the fourth picture

I just want to give her some watering and muss her hair up

Who is talking to Olivert in this scene? I'd assume most people would know that his pseudonym is Olivier by now.

Probably Vander.

It might have been a translation error? Not sure. Maybe they were around people and he was using Olivier.

Mueller.

I think he only did Zero. The art for Ao was not as good.

Hmm, he probably had a reduced part in it.

I know he did the cover art.

What are they smoking?

It would be nice, if we could at least extract the in game map from Cold Steel, but Falcom is using a new archive format for the game, that isn't supported by the Falcom Data Archive Conversion Tool.

It's not that random and weird - those are chords. G, E minor, C, etc.

They're probably just referencing some song from one of their games, somehow.

I managed to extract the map.

Erebonia seems like a great place to live, very peaceful, which is actually a pretty big problem. CS2 completely fails to actually drive the stakes of the civil war home. For Christ's sake only what, two people die? I get that Rufus wasn't actually trying but c'mon. C'mon, I'm not asking for edgelord stuff but c'mon.

Where is Xanadu Next?

A bunch of people died…in the west.

Yeah, they outright say that the war was bloodier in the west.

They should've raised the stakes in the east, but I'm not too bothered about it.

Western Front side game when?

Anyone know what song plays in Ignis Shrine?

Castle of the Saint (Super Arranged Version)

All the shrines have the same music.

I imagine people are dying, it's just off-screen and they're all nameless soldiers. Dude, Cold Steel 2.5 when?

I could excuse it if they included a single line that recent advances in Orbal healing tech meant most wars were fought to incapacitation/capture rather than death.

That would make the attack on Cedric even more beyond the pale, because it would be especially barbaric as opposed to simply kind of dickish.

Video Games have to be child-friendly goy :^)

>Cedric

Oops Celdic

What if Olivert calls Joshua and Estelle to Erebonia and the war in the West is shown in Trails in the Sky 4? :^)

Kondo already confirmed that TitS characters will return on CS III

Alisa is worst girl

I don't even get why they okay'd her inclusion at all. She's added nothing to the plot thus far, except maybe her MILF mom?

Not only did they include her, they made her the fucking poster girl for some reason.

It's pretty depressing that she's popular-ish because she's the "main" girl, as far as i can tell. Literally any of the other girls are better.

Fie groping Emma in the background though :^)

Who wouldn't?

That she's supposed to be the canon choice is laid so thick too.

I picked Fie anyways

Cold Steel 2, thanks to being able to pick parties most of the time, didn't lay it on quite so thick. She still got the longest reunion hug, though. I still say Fie's reunion was lewder. She's also the only girl who gets an actual kiss scene, but who the fuck cares, because Laura's scenes were cuter.

I like Alisa, she's not that bad. She's bad only because she's pushed so hard, and because she pales in comparison to the rest.

Fie is the snuggliest

Emma is the most devoted to Rean

Laura's swordsmanship spirit meshes with Rean's (also watching her go from strong girl to embarrassed clingy girlfriend is cute)

Sara is all around fun, plus there's a slight teacher/student thing going on. She says "after a few years" during the dorm event sure, but during the epilogue she pretty much confirms that she has Rean in sights/mind

Millium is the worst, actually. The worst waifu. She's a fun character, but she's treated more as a sister than anything

I'm waiting on Claire to be admitted to the Reanbowl as a proper contender. Her parts during the epilogue really made me want to waifu her.

Out of those I like Laura and Emma the most. I waifued Emma through both games first; the events were really heartwarming. Then I chose Laura, and the scenes with her were great. Then Sara.

In Japan though. Maybe it's the blondeness making guys like her and her "spunky self sufficiency (being an unrealistic bitch)" that makes girls like her?

Emma's fucking Valimar you idiot.

She didn't really have a point though. If they played up her up being a grease monkey or a supah hacka then she may have had a point.

It won't fit though.

If her tits are that big, her pussy must be huge.

Heheh. That part was great. I love it when the other characters take notice.

I can't wait to see Princess Alfin all grown up in CS3.

The big problem is that since everyone wants to fuck Rean it means nobody else develops real relationships, which means that Jusis will never make Alfin his queen.

Her pussy is MAGIC. She's a witch.

Mirage/Fire though, so her pussy can't expand as well as the Mirage/Space Witch.

Assuming that the orbment structures are maintained between Knights, as Crow was Space/Water and Vita is Mirage/Water, and Rean is Space/Fire and Emma is Mirage/Fire.

One of the Sept-Terrion of Erebonia is that of Flame, but what's the other? Time, for the System?

don't you mean millium?

I don't mind this because there are a lot of side characters hooking up.

Just screenshot you nerd.

also

but she's already engaged!

Oh I do. I just found this real quick. I sadly didn't screenshot this part when I played it.

This is the best one, though. They're great.

You're not serious, are you? She's the worst part of Class VII we should have got Altina, but no. We get the annoying one instead.

If Rean gets involved it'd turn out just like Annabelle's engagement.

Wait a minute everyone has the same goddamn face.

WELCOME TO ANIME

Alisa's got dumb hair tbh.

She has tsundere twintails, even if they're small ones. It would be more accurate to say she has stereotypical hair.

I don't care what it's called it looks stupid.

I just got to the part in CS II where the Azure Tree pops up, and Ourobourous also mentions a Zero Child. What do you think the odds are that either of those games come westward on Vita or PC? This is why I never usually start a series in the middle, cause now I'm just super curious as to what's going on.

PC 100%, Vita 0%.

FYI, the Crossbell spoil basically every major plot event in Cold Steel 1 and 2, so it's actually kind of nice you're playing these first.

Major extra spoiler that's because literally nothing happens in CS 1 and 2 besides Rean getting a robot and Class 7 graduating high school. At the end, everyone is back to exactly where they started.

I mean it spoils:

Erebonian Civil War
Osborn getting shot
Osborn surviving
Osborn's faction winning the civil war
It even spoils future plotlines like Crossbell successfully fighting for Independence

All of these plotpoints are treated like big time reveals in Cold Steel. To this day I have no idea what Falcom was thinking with the Ao epilogue.

I'm not surprised. but I'm still dissapointed.

CS1 and 2 are all character development for CS3, which is going to have the main casts of the previous 3 series clash against each other, presumably while Ouroboros cackles maniacally in the background.

Afwul

I think the ending of 2 makes it pretty clear Osborn is going to be the big problem, since he's basically trying to do what Ouroboros was going to do, but for himself. In fact, there could even be a brief Ouroboros team-up to stop something worse.

Remember, it's not exactly clear how "bad" Ouroboros is, members like Weissman not withstanding.

That's confident. Anything to back that up? I want to believe, but CS3's likely to come next year, and XSEED's likely going to want to focus on that after they finish Trails in the Sky III. The time table doesn't add up, especially since there isn't an official PC version of those games.

CSIII isn't even out in Japan, yet. And we don't have a solid date for it either other than "probably next year sometime…maybe." So at this juncture it's hard to say. They're going to wait and see how 3rd does for starters.

Thanks for the CS1 spoiler while covering the others you retard

I think she's just fun to learn about. I hate that her voice is Burch. She's a terrible waifu character, I can't see ANYONE in their right minds choosing her for the dorm/bonfire event unless it's out of curiousity/completion's sake. Altina is 1000 times better, of course.

She wants the divvying up the bed between her and Rean so that they could literally sleep on either side of it

Are you sure she doesn't want to water him?

Wasn't Cold Steel meant as the beginning for new players? Falcom specifically made it so people new to TitS could pick it up.

SC didn't do too well and if Third doesn't meet sales expectations I really wonder why Xseed would want to continue. They're a business not fan translators.

CS1 was pretty friendly to new players, though things like Ouroboros will have you scratching your head. Cold Steel 2 has many more TitS and Zero/Ao references.

CS was made to attract new players, then make those players play the previous games, not as a "forget that the previous games exist and just play from this point on".

Add GOG and PSN sales + the fact that digital needs to sell even less to turn successful and guess what, it did good. 30k units it's not a bad number anyway, it probably did +50k.

FC didn't do well either, but here we are. These games are a LOT of work to localize due to, I assume, huge amounts of NPC dialogue, journal entries, in game books and whatnot. I have to assume that for them to still be localizing they're turning SOME profit here.

WTF I'm reading

tfw getting a taste of your medicine

I was disappointed with Towa's events. It's all platonic.

Her epilogue scene kind of hints at something. KIND OF. But yeah, there's more chemistry between Rean and her in mandatory story events then there is in the final dorm event.

I hope Rean continues to cockblock Patrick.

And I hope Rean doesn't have to choose Elise himself to keep doing so.

I want that whore Angelica to drown in lead.

Kondo says hi to Reddit :^)

Crossbell Games When

Make sure to buy TitS 3rd if you want them to release them here.

Sure I will, sad that it won't be a guarantee, I'd even buy extra copies if only they announce them.

Wish more CS fans gave TitS a chance…

Don't worry, it will be fun when CS III releases and they won't understand shit because they refuse to play the previous games, then cry a river.

Like NeoFag ysers who skips text on the games when the characters they hate talk, then complain when the plot doens't make sense to them.

Trails is the best damn JRPG I've played. 170 hours over both games, so much text as well. Took me two months but I was fully satisfied after finishing.

The worst thing was trying to move onto something after it. Kept comparing other games to it for a bit.

Well the other day I've completed in 60 hours Trails in the sky FC after a year that I've started it and I've tremendously enjoyed it, even with all the pauses inbetween a session and the other; I've seen that on the PSN Trails of Cold Steel 1 is on sale for 20€, but published by NISA… It's a good game?Should I bite the bullet and give cash to those dipshits or just get TITS SC? Should I wait for a NEVEREVER PC port?

Get SC then either wait for the 3rd or skip to CS. I'm expecting a PC port from the fact that XSEED is probably interested on making one and it's easy as fuck.

NISA is only publishing the game outside of America. You can just import the game from America if you don't want to give NISA any money.

I want to play the Crossbell games far more than Tits 3rd

But right now I'm planning to play through Tits1 and 2 again just to be prepared for 3rd.

I just can't stay away from this series man.

This is pretty fun. Does bump combat get boring after awhile or do they keep it fresh?

You're gonna want to play SC while FC is fresh in your mind.

CS III's gonna be the culmination of the last two series and itself then? Damn, I hope we get the Crossbell games before they go ahead with III, then. They might take their time since its not releasing on a dead system.

I'm saving my NG+ runs for CS III.

No, and you want to play it more after realizing that no other game has bump combat like Ys.

never EVER give NISA money regardless of how little damage they do to the product. Everytime you give a dollar to NISA, that's another dollar they can use to support another shitty localization.

That's a dollar that can go towards them localizing a Falcom game. Do you really want that? NISA to fill a falcom game with censorship, shitty memes, character rewrites and LOL SO RANDUM XD humor?

Spend more money and import the US version or get the jap version, hell piracy is less damaging to the industry than giving NISA money. Just never give NISA fucking money for any fucking reason.

Can't argue with that.
I think I'll just get SC at full price; while I usually wait for sales to get games, I'm sure that I'll enjoy it; no matter how many days or months passed in between two sessions it hooked me in like nothing else I've played in quite some time.

By the way, still no news about the release date of Xanadu Next? I kind of remember a tweet from XSeed saying that they were going to give info about it, but it's still in the dark I guess.

Well they announced the release dates for corpse party 3ds and Exile's End, with those out of the way Shantae and Xanadu are the only games they have left that haven't been pushed to 2017. Shantae they're just publishing physical copies, so they can't really dance around not dropping any new info for Xanadu Next anymore.

I don't know if my dick can handle playing as Rixia.

You can do it, user.

Just don't watch her ass while you're climbing ladders.

wait, was Popful Mail part of this, or i am making a mistake?

Falcom made it, if that's what you are asking.

I DO

THE HIGHLANDS AND HORSES A SHIT

I love the look of the highlands but it is easily the worst area of both games when trying to go for everything.

I didn't mind it so much. I really enjoyed riding around the horses. Also I enjoyed polluting the place with the bike.

Fast travel around the Highlands in the second game was great and necessary, though.

Reminder that the 3rd has the best main song.

I found the bit where you have to infiltrate roer to be worse than the highlands in the the 2nd game, simply because you can't use the bike, and there's a lot of running to do. But the worst part of the game is the 2nd part of the aqua shrine, fuck that place. What is up with water temples being so bad?

All of them fucking ladders man. At least you can hold R1 to dash up and down them.

No ladder banter about tits this time though.

Also this my favorite Third track. So good it even got used in both Cold Steel 1 and 2.

Nearing the end of CS II, and these guys pretending like we haven't been pretty big parts of the war effort against the NA and Pro IA the whole time just feels ridiculous at this point.

Don't you tease me you whore.

Give.

I feel like finally trying out the Trails in the Sky series, which will be my first Legend of Heroes and Falcom games. Not that any of that matters I suppose. Anyway, should I go with the latest PC versions or the Evo series? Yeah I know that the Evo games are Nip only, but that's generally not a problem. I ask because I know that not every enhanced port/remake is necessarily superior to their original versions, all I know about TiTS Evo is that they added a bunch of Arts from later games in them, apparently making them more balanced (which isn't important to me in single player games, I have fun with overpowered abilities and such as much as the next guy) and presumably making the game easier. Oh, and changed character portraits and VA.

Evo is pure shit

There's a reason I call them Devolution.

Just get XSEED's PC versions, I'm sure there will be a sale in the next weeks.

In that case, I'm glad I've forgotten it entirely despite having seen it once before I think.

I've seen people complain about the artstyle change a lot too. I think a lot people really disliked the new Joshua for some reason. I obviously can't compare too well, but I do kinda like the older artstyle myself.

Have anything to base that on, or are you just guessing?

did they do a fall sale already? I rarely check the storefront anymore.

Not sure, but it doesn't really matter. Sales on Steam and GoG happen often enough it doesn't really matter.

Guessing, but in any case, it's just a matter of time since those are frequent.Plus Xmas is in 2 months, so…

So Akatsuki can be easily translated guys

Isn't it funny we've come from NO MORE TRAILS PAST SC to almost the entire franchise on English

I love this one and Ao's opening song the most.

I've been going through Ys Celceta on Vita and it really doesn't grip me. The shit tech turns me off (it's a PSP game converted to Vita in the last minute), there are no bosses and the game is easy and repetitive as fuck.

I got as far as meeting the blonde guy with the staff.

I LOVED Ys Seven on PSP. Does Celceta get better or should I just call it a day?

If you're a Europoor like me just buy the game digital. This cuts out NISA.

Nope, all digital content, including the main games, is published by NISA, too.

I wonder if Falcom will let her have the three way she's clearly been setting up for the second she met Rean.

Actually when I think she first met Rean, she was just teasing Elise/trying to get Elise laid. However, she obviously started slooshing in her panties over him as the games go until, until she's basically drooling at the mouth come CS2 Intermission. Her ending event basically implies she's looking for some way they can both fuck him, so threesome isn't far off.

twitter.com/XSEEDGames/status/787414005610524673

Hype…?

Finally we get some Xanadu Next news.

Maybe a proper date for 3rd too, beyond just "spring."

When? Did it already happen?

Thanks PC gamers.

Don't mention it, I did most of the work though

Nice work. Hope we can see more in the future.

So did this happen or….?

Well, I just finished CS II. I thought Laura was best girl, but Sara came out of nowhere this game. It's clear the Phantasmal Blaze Plan will be the centerpiece of the third, and it's not world destroying, if Osbourne wants to take it, so I wonder what it's supposed to be then. Might see more Awakeners, since it kept being implied there's more than two. Looking forward to seeing what's next. Now on to Trails in the Sky.

Sara and Laura are pretty much always waging a constant battle in my mind. I still don't know what I'm going to do for CS3.

Sara is fun a fun, flirty tomboy with Christmas Cake appeal. Laura is serious and demure but super cute when it comes to romance stuff. It's a very tough call.

oh shit boys, underlevelled and ready to get anally devastated

welp

Implying that Mueller and Kevin could ever hope to be as strong as plot-armored Cassius Bright.

There's like…maybe three or four people in the canon who could actually give Cassius a fight, and none of them are there.

McBurn, Victor Arseid, and Yun Ka-Fai come to my mind.

And Arianrhod

I forgot about Ka-Fai, yeah he probably could.

My thoughts were: The First Dominion, Arianrhod, McBurn and yeah maybe Victor Arseid.

Oh yeah, just remembered Bardias and LeGuinn. What about them?

All we really have of them is that they're good at taking out scrubs in armies and that Laura felt they were really powerful. However, considering they were acting like Craig and Zechs were worthy rivals for them, I'd wager they still aren't quite in Cassius' league. But maybe we'll know more come CS3. We don't have a lot to work with with them yet.

One other who 'might be in the top tier is Arios, but I'd say even though he is very strong, Cassius is probably still better.

twitter.com/XSEEDGames/status/787737047750500352

H-hype…?

Did it happen?

True. We haven't even seen Craig really fight yet, though I suppose his strength is More tactics than than straight up combat.

My struggle exactly. Right now my method is Laura for Normal difficulty, and Sara for Nightmare. Luckily for Sara her only CC competition is Sharon, who likely wouldn't go for it since Alisa is the Liara of this series, since Claire got DQ'd from the Rean bowl. Fie and Emma are distant thirds. So unless a new challenger appears(Either oppai loli Millium, Altina, or Duvalie, who seems a mix of best girl Laura and worst girl Alisa) it seems down to the wire.

Why is she disqualified? It seems like she's just showing up in time for CS3.

Remiferia's map, in other words, this is North Zemuria.

She'll be there, but I could see Team holding not telling him about Osborne against her for a while. He'll forgive her, but I don't think she's in it to win it anymore.

Are you kidding? She seemed more in it to win it in the epilogue after that revelation than at any point in the story.

Poor choice of words. Didn't mean she doesn't want it, just meant Rean wouldn't give it to her. But hey, that's just me. Won't know for sure until CS III.

I dunno, he kind of got over it outside of the schoolhouse and apologized to her. And then Alfin and Elise started freaking out about having to deal with yet another rival.

Huh, well that's what I get for trying to comment before finishing the epilogue

Is the Ys series anything like Trails?

/

So not very?

What game? TiTs 3rd?

They are nothing alike.

Akatsuki no Kiseki

How does it align with what we've seen? Directly north of Erebonia? Is that big white splotch in the bottom left Ambria?

What is Akatsuki's plot like?

Main girl was studying at jenis Academy but got a girl-crash on Estelle so she decides to abandon her studies and becomes a bracer. He meets the main character and travel around Crossbell, Liberl and Remiferia.

Any Ouroboros stuff?

You know Ouroboros will show up eventually.

Also I think that the main character has a trauma and you learn at the very start that he had to run away from enemies and his partners died.

Yeah, but you should play Ys anyway.

Mostly focuses on action/platforming and tough bosses.

Less story/character focus than Ys.

Actually thinks Estelle picks up sexiness between FC and SC and pursues her just as actively.

The S in the Arseid's name stands for Sandlot right? Or is there another character in the lore it could be? I know they don't say it, but my instincts have screamed it since it was revealed Arseid was her right hand.

All I know is that when a character has a middle initial in the Kiseki universe, it usually is important.

8ch has been quite bugged, I couldn't access the thread this morning until it was bumped, plus a dew boards can't be browsed.

Anyway, new pic for future threads.

I have a funny feeling that's where they're going to take it considering the whole deal with Duvalie and everything.

Is that an Orbment watch?

>not even Fie

Jesus Christ, Denton.

I started Trails in the Sky a few days ago and I'm liking it. I'm already making plans to play the other Trails games. I'm playing the Steam releases of Trails in the Sky, and though I can read Japanese, I'll just play the 3rd when it comes out in English since I heard it's supposed to be out in spring of next year because honestly, I'm just being lazy. That and I've got more than enough games to keep me occupied for a very long time.

So would it hurt to play Zero and Ao between Trails SC and the Third? I'll just play Cold Steel after I finish all of the Sora games, Zero, and Ao. Also, people bitch about the Evolution versions of the Sora series (some do anyway, some love them), but what about Zero and Ao? How are their Evo versions?

esterior.net/2015/01/orbment-watches-available-for-preorder-on-chara-ani/

Play the series in order. If you didn't know Japanese, skipping the not translated games would make sense, but not for you. It's highly recommended to play this series in order, almost obligatory.

Forgot to say this but the Evo versions of Zero and Azure were the first Evo games. Zero has by far the worst arrengements and along with Azure, shitty font. I'd play them on PSP.

Although since you are going to play 5/7 games on English, I'd wait for XSEED to release the last games

Guess that's fine then, I could probably use a break anyway after Trails SC. The reason I've gotten lazy is that I've been playing JRPGs in Japanese for two years straight with few non-JRPGs or English games. Giving myself a break for awhile will probably make me enjoy them more when I do get around to them. Though if I just can't wait, I can always play The Third early. I do like what I've seen of XSeed's localizing though, the dialogue is great.

Last I heard, there wasn't much hope of a Zero and Ao localization, and even if there was, they're probably years away.

Thanks for the info about the Evo versions. I'll probably do a little comparing myself since Vita piracy is a thing now, but if they don't add much and the music is bad, I'll just go with the originals.

At this point, XSEED will have to at least try to bring Zero and Azure. A few years ago the idea of any Trails games past SC was a joke, and now we are waiting for the fifth game. I don't think they'll need like 5 years for this though, SC was a special case.

I recommend waiting for the English releases for pure consistency, the games are already hard to read on Japanese, by Zero there will be a LOT of unique terms, and they won't bother explaining again those terms in detail (they expect you to have played the previous games) so unless you find a term list with both English and Japanese counterparts that don't spoiler the games past the 3rd… maybe I'm just over-worrying though.

Also for plot reasons they need to bring both games before they release CS III.

Well I'll see how it goes. I'll definitely finish TiTS, and if I'm having issues with Zero because I'm used to the English terminology for everything, I can just run through the main stories of the Evo versions of the TiTS series on easy mode or something just to catch up. Or just wait, because god knows I could do with some shorter games for a little while. I've still got the whole Kirby and Mario and Luigi series to get through to name a couple.

In any case, thanks for all the advice.

A new scanlation group started translated the Trails FC manga, maybe this way the entire manga will get fully translated

bato.to/reader#e1a65f9f15f5ce4e

Sadly, the sc manga is going to finish at its third volume. No idea why, but it had to go on hiatus due to the mangaka being ill or something.

You are welcome, feel free to leave comments about the games, and avoid looking on the internet for anything related to them. Spoilers are everywhere.

Someone should rip Rixia's model and animate her dancing to this.

I haven't seen anyone discuss Tokyo Xanadu or Ys VIII in depth here. Anybody got impressions for 'em?

XSEED finally gave us some Xanadu Next screens

RELEASE WHEN

Our long national nightmare is over~

Xananext incoming, so here's a track to celebrate.

xanadunext.com/

Soon™