Evil Within (The)

Evil Within (The)

I got around to reinstalling Arkham Knight and Doom, both confirmed shit. Hoping to find good games in the higher budget normalfag market. Played through this loot-em-up 2 years ago on controller & vanilla release(no mods). Smart game for smart gamers like Bioshock Infinite. Got newer GPU, mouse, 144hz monitor, figure I can actually deactive traps now. 3 billion buyers can't be wrong, Steam reviews are positive. This game has to be good. Resident Evil 4 is shit though, was the real progenitor of the shitty loot em ups genre. The DLC wasn't released at the time either so that will be something extra this time. Scurv of course, mind you if I can actually get the game downloaded in a timely fashion, big filesize and KAT gone etc. My private tracker is slow.

Other urls found in this thread:

thepiratebay.org/torrent/14723061/The.Evil.Within.Complete-PROPHET
flawlesswidescreen.org/#Download
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Its the worst piece of shit i have ever played

Ah, yes. The rustic, vaguely-European village that you only ever see for the first part of the game.

Are you defending this piece of shit?

You don't remember the part of RE4 when Leon finds out it's all in his head?

Oh fuck off with that shit. You can call out a retard without defending the game he's retarded about

Are you saying that i'm being retarded about TEW? It's a horrible game.

the game is shit i had to stop playing when i was locked in a very small area with one gun and with 2 rounds of ammo and a 10 foot tall guy withe a chain saw was trying to kill me

i died 3 times then turned off the game and never played it again.

Yes, you are. Only a retard would make sweeping statements like that after only playing a little bit of the game

Isn't that a case of git gud?

Though it is a pretty anal loot em up from what I remember, especially with a controller where you can't be efficient because accuracy loss.

Why would i want to keep eating shit just to know how fucking much like shit it tastes? To prove some random idiot on the internet wrong or right regarding whatever?

Or you could just resist the urge to act like you know what you're talking about when you really don't know shit.

You wont like it them.
This game is literally Resident Evil 5.

Stop sucking so much bethesda dick faggot, everything i said was true maybe except for the story but it certainly applies to the setting.

Because the braindead zombies you fight for the beginning of the game should be smart
prove it
No it doesn't. Don't act like you know what you're talking about

You are just a fanboy in denial

you sure showed me

This game was bad because Shinji Mikami partnered with Beth to have a new game funded.
And they had an exchange that was a little something like:

And that's how The Evil Within came to be.
And that's also why Shinji Mikami is a voice actor in FO4 (he's the voice of Takahashi).

Also, before you start pointing fingers, i'd like to remind you that Shinji did try to make something good by joining PG and making Vanquish, and what he got in return was zero sales, and reviewers (and casuals) literally playing the game wrong like it was Gears of War and not using 90% of the movement tools the game puts at your disposal, and then slamming the game for being a generic TPS.
Hell, even RIGHT NOW, TODAY, on fucking Holla Forums, there's people that still don't know how to play Vanquish propely.

So the guy tried one route and it failed, he tried another route and that also failed, 'the fuck he's supposed to do at this point?
A man's gotta eat.

I really wanted to like this game as one of those 'average games in a sea of shit' but it just kept fucking up every step along the way.

That said, most 'challenges' in the game could be overcome with a pillar/corner and crossbow/melee or by drawing an area's full mob of baddies into a room and throwing a grenade at your feet, then abusing invulnerability.

I'd kill for a proper kickass supernatural buddy cop game with Joseph, though.

I love posting UT just because it gets autismos maximus like you to throw a hissy fit.

it's one of those weird games where aside from the spider lady fight, the intro (which was genuinely fun, atmospheric and exciting) and that mother FUCKING gondola fight thing I remember literally nothing of it, outside of the occasional condemned house, bear trap or NPC

Sometimes I feel really sad for some of the people who need to deal with autism like the one you're replying to.

Is there anything Bethesda won't ruin?

psssh

Started messing around with some of the settings. Not sure whether to use post processing or turn it off completely. Makes it a lot easier to see but I guess PP helps the interior locations. Also boosts framerate turning it off I believe.

Did you play the Arkham with patches,etc it got or its cracked release version?

its a caseof reset the level knowing that this mini boss is coming so you don't use guns on other things.

the issue i have is that there is no way of knowing it was coming out side of reading a guide or having the thing kill you and redoing the level

There's a pretty up to date torrent around now that contains some fixes I think. I can run it mostly fine. The problem is the gameplay is dull, not technical problem.

I pirated it when it came out and I found it to be bland crap both writing wise and gameplay wise. Wasn't ever scary.
It was hyped up to be some great shit and when it actually got released, people thought it was meh and you see nobody mention this crap when talking about good games.

Its not like its bad, but its just very flawed. It really cant tell what it wants to be, a new RE or SH type game, or another RE4 because its heavily combat oriented with barely any puzzles. Reading it really makes me wonder if Mikami wanted to make it, which is a shame because the level of detail in the environments is amazing, and the story interested me enough to see it to the end.

It's ok. Not good. Not bad.
Gunplay is pretty decent with the right upgrades. It did pretty well to give you just enough ammo that could leave you without much ammo if you aren't smart but still enough to get by. However, as you approach the end, you do start to amass ammo. There are times when thing get tense but there are also times where it gets downright ridiculous.
The story is meh and so is the VA. Forgettable characters. A few plot holes.

So I've played it a little more than I expected so far. Think I prefer the game without post processing as with 99% of other games. Really hides the detail and the colours they chose with it on. Game is nowhere near as bad as I remembered.

Better example.

I always wonder why devs these days have such a hard on for post processing. Evil Within isn't a bad looking game and the colors make it look nicer instead of a dull shade of grey.

Though I guess you can make the argument "It adds to the mood"

Would you recommend it for someone who is craving Resident Evil 4 but already played it to death user?

I never got past the first boss, big faggot who comes at you with a chainsaw. I didn't have nearly enough ammo to kill him even after looting the entire surrounding area, I wasn't sure if I had to do some gimmick to kill him so I just let it be. Wasn't too good up to that point.

It's the closest thing to RE4, even down to the structure/setpieces which are lifted straight from it. The loot-em-up is still present but enemies are not exactly pinattas. You will struggle for ammo if you're just putting bullets in everything carelessly. I've only fired a handful of bullets this time around since I'm playing with mouse. Playing with controller at least with auto aim off made that impossible for me. Just make sure you use the fixes. Add the game to steam or whatever and set launch options to;

+com_skipIntroVideo 1 (Skips long intros at game start)
+r_swapinterval 0 (Unlocks framerate for beyond 60fps)
+com_allowconsole 1 (Console key is INSERT)

In-game open console and type;
r_skipglare 1 (Disable PP)
r_skipglare 0 (Enable PP)

But yes as someone who thinks RE4 is shit, I would say this game would be a good fit. RE4 is not a Resident Evil game, REmake/RE0 are the goat.

But I did think RE4 was good the first time I played it. Trying to replay it on Wii emulator and the PC re-release I could not bring myself to play much past the village. That game is just very dull for me. Keep in mind I played the vanilla PC release on keyboard with no fixes so I was sort of able to ignore its shortcomings.

I played it with no fixes, letterbox, shit fps, tiny FOV, vanilla PC release with a controller (+auto aim off) on a laggy 40 inch LCD. I got my nuts rolled 100 times by that setpiece because I would always get spotted and fumble around trying to survive. This time I dispatched the entire village without firing a single bullet. Chainsaw guy killed me first time though, hard to put distance between him when you let him get close in the beginning and I ate my own explosive bolt on him 3 times or so then he insta-killed me as I tried to climb away through a window. Second time, 3 explosive bolts, flash bolt, shotgun to the face at close range and hes out easy. It's probably worth retrying the game, though you'll need to go through the shitty filmic cinematic tutorial again to find out.

For anyone curious
thepiratebay.org/torrent/14723061/The.Evil.Within.Complete-PROPHET
Kind of crazy to think the game increased to 48GB with the DLC and stuff added on. Fortunately I can download it in about an hour, but then it's another hour just to install.

For to mention you need Flawless Widescreen for the easy adjustable FOV fix. Just install, add Evil Within, start game and while in gameplay part press numplus or numsubtract to adjust FOV. Emphasis on waiting until you're in control of character. Game will crash if I launch after running Flawless WS first, but do it the other way round and the game will run fine until closed.

And on top of all this there's the DLC which I've yet to play, think it's an Assignment Ada type thing but a lot more content.

flawlesswidescreen.org/#Download

Holy shit the lighting without it looks so much better.

Why the fuck do so many devs layer on these fugly ass filters?

Maybe it's what these devs are taught, maybe it's because when the devs get their hands on a new toy it becomes their answer to everything, who knows. I just think it usually makes a game look worse on top of running worse.

Just a forewarning, if you like combat you will hate the DLC since it has practically none, it's basically stealth all the way.

I thought it was okay. A lot of people hate it because Bethesda published it and they expected RE4 (2).

Story winds up being completely nonsensical and retarded, but visuals are top notch for a spook game and the gameplay is solid.

6/10 Slightly above average.

Full concerto for anyone interested.

I remember watching the first 20 mins of the game on youtube.

It's cringy af.

That's the filmic tutorial, probably the worst part of the game.

The DLC does a far better job being spooky than the main game.

It also has KURIYAMI mode, which disables all light except the flashlight.

Also has the leggy lady with the lighthouse/diver helmet head.

I'm mostly through chapter 6 at this point. If you don't remember, it's the "RE4" chapter with the setpieces. By god I'm obsessed with efficiency so I end up failing over and over so I spend as little as possible on the fights. You see the bolts are the one thing that you can't easily recover because the materials are finite, so I could've cheesed the way through with the flaming bolts for example but I chose to conserve as much as possible. My biggest downfall was I wanted to see if it was possible to get something by defending the windows/house part until they stopped respawning but it's not worth staying. Took an ass load of attempts, 20-30 load game until I got it right. Then I fucked up the sniper bit several times because I wanted to see if you can build more rewards and ammo by letting the waves keep coming. Then I died to the chainsaw guy because I was not prepared. It really is the chapter designed to fuck you over in every possible way and I had not upgraded HP or running speed or ammo reserves at this point. I had been going for high efficiency, max damage on the guns for headshots etc so I was getting beaten a lot no matter how many headshots I pull off. I would hate to imagine how a newgame Akumu difficulty at that part would go but I'm sure some madman has done it.

Boy, are you in for a disappointment

I want to see more games with this guy.

I thought they patched the framerate issue a long time ago?

Still don't think the game runs beyond 60fps unless you give it this instruction. The framerate issue was a 30fps cap maybe? There's a setting in options to cap the game to either 30fps or 60fps only, and this setting will override that if you have a higher hz screen like myself. The disclaimer is the devs did not test the game above 60fps so they don't want to officially support it or so I read.