Okay, i was wasnt expecting any masterpeice from this game story,since its a real game, no bullshit...

Okay, i was wasnt expecting any masterpeice from this game story,since its a real game, no bullshit, the are like 2 or 3, 1 minute Half Life 2 kind of cinematics the whole game.

But what the fuck, the story is fucking BAD, and the ending is one of the most abrupts ever, i think only Dogs Days had a worse ending than this. I know the original game was also retarded making you shoot a fucking wall. But what the fuck, this was a game made from scratch twice and ths was the best story they could do? Jesus fuck.

Like if orignal DOOM's story was any better

Why would you play a game like this for the story

lmao are u 6?

Cant you read nigger? I know the original story was garbage too, but thats no excuse.

yes, im 6 inches up your mom pussy

gameplay > story
This is especially true for FPS games.

No, that was the sequel actually you were shooting Romero himself
The original game had proper boss sprites: Cyberdemon and Spider Mastermind

Who cares?

Well duh

I know, thats was just a light bait.

Who cares about story for this game? The DOOM game literally wants the player to take as little agency in the games narrative as possible. Your there for head cracking so why not enjoy it? And the head cracking is fairly fun for the first while because DOOM provides and alright alternative/reinterpretation of the old Dooms combat

So why is the gameplay still shit?

newfag git out

how am i a newfag

Just are.

that's retarded
you're retarded

When you begin reading tons of novels with actual storytelling you realize how cringy are the plots for most of the games with emphasis on narrative.

no ur

Yeah fuck this game.

I think its because progression system makes feel the game like a chore, but if you dont give a fuck about the power-ups and just play the game like I tried, you notice how monotonous is the core game.
Also

out out out

DAT soundtrack doe

i posted like 3 times you goober

In the other thread you fucking massive faggot

so what

newfag, just stop. learn to lurk

nigger what are you talking about, i didn't post in that thread, and if you know another way to find quads, tell me

I'm pretty sure you could just go to the search feature and type "8888"

???

The magnifying glass in the top left.

the 1 min. you are locked in a room waiting for olivia to press a button was SO painful oh the humanity

what i don't understand is you guys get so butthurt about shit like this and will still through 2 hour cutsecens from little dick chinks talking about "love on the battlefield" and shit you fuckers eat that shit up

it doesn't search post numbers

You can just search for people who've already searched for post numbers/replied to the posts, though.

yeah, but there's no reason not to just post a reply with the post number
i still don't see how it makes me a newfag

Lil peanut dick. 7 inches master race.

Yeah I wish. Sounded a lot more electronic in the game

Because they thought Brutal Doom was anything but a meme mod and decided that what Doom fans wanted was near obligatory Duke Nukem Forever style finishers for every enemy.

weebs are like women, there is no logic in anything they do

Who said i was hard? Your ugly ass momma cant get me excited enough. I just use her vagina as dick holster when im cold.

if it wasn't for the retarded wannabe story shit, the dumb progression, the truly awful soundtrack or the stupid FUCKING glory kills i actually think i would have liked this. i like that they tried to focus more on mobility, on choosing the right weapon for the situation (as opposed to "this one weapon is clearly the best all others are merely backups") and removing reloading. but man, i only played the demo and i spent more total time watching glory kills finish than doing literally anything else. i've heard other levels would have made better demo levels but still, the fact that the entire game revolves around a mechanic that is fundamentally the antithesis of "run fast shoot mans" genuinely pisses me off

One of the worst soundtracks I've ever heard for anything.

Name a FPS that did crap before.
I'll be waiting kiddo.

It was good bruh.

A game that came before Half Life ==2==. What a tough question.

The only reason the ending made me mad was they set him up as a final boss and showed that shit was a sword and I was like okay let's do this and then the credits rolled.

Uh?

Flavortext was interesting by the way, gives some interesting info that you might enjoy.

They should've fixed the percussion. It sounds too much like a generic metal drumming. Samples of clanging steel noise would sound a lot more rad. Still better than OG doom midi soundtrack anyway.

pic related is for you

the sound guy explains why he did what he did. i can't ague with it. all of the sounds have been altered electronically

Actually, it would be great if the percussion was altered and distorted electronically. The problem is, it wasn't. Other than that, the music is fine though. I love the sound of that 9 string guitar and Soviet synthesizer.

This synth. It sounds much harsher than the popular western Oberheimer and Prophet.

Also, this is one of the few tracks in the game with an actually good sounding percussion.

good thing I have a .txt for situations like this

I finally got to play the game through magical means. The end result? Something surprsingly not shit, albeit a massive toll on my patience, mind, bandwidth, and HDD space. I don't have the time or patience to talk about the SnapMap and multiplayer crap because nobody else cares about those either.

Unfortunately, each reboot seems to suffer from modern storytelling-itis. You're some dude in Halo armor ripping and tearing demons, why do I have to listen to Dr. Ultron going on about how justified he is in siphoning energy from Hell for the sake of the Earth? Why do I have to see spirit echos of UAC personal dying violently? Why is there a lore notification for every little new thing popping up in my HUD? [b]Why, despite Doom Marine punching the screen at the start of the game indicating our general distaste with this kind of storytelling, do we still have to suffer through sections of Story Sections where we stand around and do nothing until someone is done talking?[/b] Sure, it's short, but it shouldn't even be in the game in the first place. All of this reeks of having a bunch of writers on the team who had absolutely nothing better to do and next to no creative impulses because DOOM simply isn't a story-focused game by design. But everyone is okay with this now because we have been conditioned to tolerate this shit.

The story elements would have been much more bearable if this game wasn't so serious. For example, you'll constantly see holograms of corporate spokepersons talking about the possibilities of siphoning energy from HELL in order to use it for the sake of the Earth, now what could [i]possibly go wrong[/i]? In a more silly game like No One Lives Forever you'd think 'Of course that's bound to go wrong, silly!'. Here in DOOM it's rather a case of 'Are these people fucking retarded?', because the tone of DOOM implies it takes place in a world identical to ours, except it has demons. Any sane person would think twice about screwing with HELL, or using demons from hell to create cybernetic soldiers. It might've been funny if the atmosphere, tone, music, and art style didn't ooze SUPER SERIOUS SCI-FI SHOOTER. It would've made more sense if we saw the perspective of the employee's, except we don't. Even Serious Sam was less serious than DOOM. The Codex lore entries suffer from the same problem, with paragraphs and paragraphs of black corporate humor in a game not entirely suitable for it. But at the same time we have these mini-Doomguy figurines as collectibles which seem rather out of place.

We end up having to follow the orders of some Samuel Hayden, essentially Dr. Ultron who did nothing wrong and is just trying to save the Earth with free energy. Thankfully going against Hayden's orders is somewhat entertaining, but that's about the only interesting part of the love-hate relation we're supposed to have with this dude. And then he shows up at the end to steal our magic sword and leave us in prison as we are completely pwoerless to do anything about it. SEE YOU IN DOOM 2: DOOM HARDER, GREASEBALL. Aside from that we spend half of our free time chasing some woman named Olivia Pierce who's responsible for triggering Hell, and is absolutely uninteresting by herself. She made a deal with Hell for some reason, and then gets backstabbed at the very end. [i]No shit.[/i] The second person to yap in our ears is some AI named VEGA who sounds like the AI in the Iron Man movies, and is also trying to compete for The Least Interesting Character in DOOM Awards. For some reason we save a backup of him after setting him to self-destruct, because that's something a murderous madman like the Doom Marine would do and because lol sequelbait. I wouldn't have to complain about this shit if it didn't shove its shit down my throat. Where's the walls of text of Romero doing his best Dungeon Master impression?

The level design in this game takes a rather entirely different approach to the original. The pacing is split up into circular monster arenas interspersed by platforms to jump on as enemies teleport in at random, which are interconnected by long hallways and open areas which on paper would make for decent Doom levels, but the designers decided to instead place the bare minimum amount of enemies in those hallways for you to not fall entirely asleep. Instead of tightly designed enemy encounters and level layouts, here the level design process seemed to be 'design a circular arena and have enemies spawn in waves' while the rest is whatever the plot mandates. It doesn't help the levels in DOOM stand out from eachother, that's for sure. Those monster arenas have all kinds of Multiple Vertical Layers™ just like in those Quake maps, however the combat still largely takes place on one axis with minor height variations (much like the original), rather than the use of verticality in the original Quake (when Ogres were placed by hand in higher places).

In the end the verticality is there to just move around and feel like you're a Quake 3 pro. There's no reason to look up and down in combat, as there are no enemies which make use of the vertical layers. Flying enemies like Cacodemons or Revenants do not attempt to flank you from above or beneath, they just hover enough from the ground to stand out, but not too much so as to not be a burden to players using controllers. While enemies can climb and leap in order to get to your position, it only feels as if they're trying to catch up to you. You'll face a variety of enemies at once and will be switching weapons all the time, to even further enhance that Q3 feeling. It's only a bloody shame that the first 50-75% of the game takes place in more simplistic environments whereas the last few arenas could pass as small Unreal Tournament maps with the amount of carnage that's going on, but then the game ends. There's probably several factors which prompted this change in direction:

1) The level designers simply didn't know how to really do it as none of them (seem to have) had any experience in designing 90's era FPS levels, using only recent 'retro' shooters (Painkiller, Serious Sam, Hard Reset) as an example.
2) Compared to Doom, the amount of enemies is smaller and their average HP is higher, meaning there's less enemies to place around to begin with lest you end up with massive walls of bulletsponges.
3) Compared to Doom, the enemies here tend to move around faster, as levels in Doom made up for the slow movement speed of the enemies with large amounts of varied groups of enemies placed by hand in all kinds of placed to keep the challenge in place. So level layout will matter less as enemy speed and movement increases, since cover will play less of a role if the enemy can just catch up to you at any time, unless you and the enemy have the same abilities (e.g. multiplayer). You tell me which direction works best.
4) DOOM's cast of enemies doesn't particularly encourage the player to use the layout for sake of defense. There's no hitscan enemies forcing overaggressive players to reconsider, and the speed of all projectiles in DOOM is so fast that projectiles effectively blanketing large areas and limiting the player's routes barely ever happens when sidestepping lets you dodge them just fine. Compare this to Marathon Phoenix on Total Carnage where in larger areas fighting hordes of enemies it's basically like facing a huge amount of streaming bullets in a SHMUP, where crossing the stream is the hardest part as you'll inevitably face a wall on the other side of the stream. In DOOM the projectiles are so fast that a stream of projectiles doesn't even have a chance to form.
5) Consoles.

There doesn't seem to be anything which makes you reconsider the direction you're moving on, unlike say, hitscan enemies, bulletsponge walls or just WALLS. The large open nature of the levels and amount of objects you can jump on make movement a case of 'whatever'. On one of the last maps I just repeatedly ran the same route thanks to the presence of portals, weakening the amount of enemies with each loop until everything was dead. Other levels were mostly a case of riding around on a skateboard with a shotgun. That's pretty much what the developers intended based on an interview, but something should also threaten to break up your skateboard ride, otherwise you end up with a repetitive and/or easy game. Ideally no game should have a guaranteed winning tactic (without proper risk or punishment) when there's no incentive for me to do otherwise, because it tends to make all the other unrelated mechanics in the game feel pointless.

There's nothing wrong with this approach in level design per se, you just need a good cast of enemies to make use of these arenas. Which DOOM doesn't really do (or could have done better). For starters there are The Possessed, groups of screaming cannon fodder which do nothing other than serve as easy health piñatas when you're at low health, as they can be easily glory killed after just one melee strike. The Imps appear to flank you and move around intelligently, but in reality they are just moving around randomly much like how you will be playing this game, during multiple occassions I had Imps just running past me rather than attacking me from the side. The shield guys and Pinkies appear to pose an interesting threat by being impervious to damage from the front, but you can easily down them with a rocket fired at a slightly deviant angle. There's Hell Razers, whose ability to fire straight lasers also seems interesting, but instead of firing their lasers AT you they just swing them around slowly and randomly. Hell Knights and Barons of Hell ARE interesting because of their ability to leap around in the air and screw you over, but they don't do it enough to pose a huge threat, and at the same time you might inevitably get caught by the shockwaves if you were trying to play aggressively, which makes me wish for a higher movement speed.
Cacodemons just fly around and fire projectiles which temporarily obscure your screen, a feature which could be capitalized on, but wasn't.
Revenants are more or less upgraded Imps with jetpacks who fire flashy-looking missiles which are just as easily dodged as your regular fireballs. Unfortuantely their ability to fire homing missiles is gone, which would have surely spiced up combat by facing the player with an immediate threat. Summoners teleport around and spawn enemies, but what they spawn (Imps, Possessed) isn't all that threatening, and Summoners tend to be more of an annoyance than anything. Lost Souls behave more or less the same like they did in Doom, but like the Summoners, they barely appear in the game aside from a handful of encounters. Mancubi could probably be the most threatening enemy if the level designers placed them in positions where they could effectively limit your movement, but as it stands you pretty much circlestrafe around them until they die. Only after finishing the game and consulting the wiki did I find out there was a variant of the Mancubus which was more dangerous than the basic version and could fire pools of acid which COULD limit your movement, but again made moot by the circular level design allowing you to just walk around it with little trouble. IMO I think a more skilled level designer could combine these enemy types to form more interesting combat encounters, but alas.

Devil Daggers is an arena FPS which takes place on a flat arena, but managed to be tense and interesting because of: enemies being able to catch up to you, crowd control being essential as enemies are constantly spawning around you, and some enemies posing a bigger looming threat than others who need to be prioritized. In DOOM, you can outrun most of the enemies just fine, meaning crowd control isn't that big of a deal as killing enemies isn't that hard, and no enemies pose an immediate threat. If a game with a flat layout can create more interesting situations than your game with supercool arena maps, you probably need to redesign your enemies.

Then, outside the monster arenas, I am treated to long stretches of DEAD TIME: absolutely easy-to-deal-with enemy groups, contextual action animations, platforming sections, plot shit, keyhunting, more walking around, and so on. It's not just the forced plot sections which pause the game's flow, but the entire structure of the game itself. Doom barely had any dead time, the action was constant and the only breaks you ever got were the level clear screens and/or secret/keyhunting. In DOOM, the more enjoyable parts of killing things now have massive dead time between each other, either to pad out the game length or because the level designers couldn't design any meaningful combat encounters outside circular arenas. Overall, the combat made me feel like playing another one of those mindless shooters like Painkiller or Fallout 4, the sections where I wasn't shooting things further reduced my mind to a near-vegetative state. Let's have the player rip and tear by walking down these awesome empty corridors? If you want to have a rollercoaster ride of suspenseful rising anticipation and wild drops, then make at least sure that the build-up is still engaging in some way like FEAR's tense horror sequences, Unreal's atmosphere, or Marathon's interesting terminals rather than boring hallways which don't encourage me to enter a state of hyper-awareness.

Situational awareness is another thing DOOM failed to learn from Doom or any FPS worth its salt, and basically what requires one to pay attention the game, because otherwise you're dead meat. Situational awareness comes in the form of sound amongst other things: enemies should make sound which alerts you to their positions, their attacks should make sounds (other than the sound which plays when you get hit) so you can respond in time, and you should be able to grasp the situation just by playing blind. See: Devil Daggers. In DOOM, whatever sounds aren't overlapped by the noisy-ass music and the infinite screaming of The Possessed, barely give you a good indication of what's happening around you. I know there's demons, but whatever positional sound is present is barely helping me at all. I remember dodging shots in Descent from fucking behind just because I heard them coming from behind, and I wasn't even sure whether the sourceport I played it on had positional sound. Even if you were to react to the sound of upcoming projectiles in Doom, they're so fucking fast that moving in any direction any time is the surefire method to evading projectiles anyways. Slower bullets gradually blanketing the playing field Marathon Phoenix-style would've been more interesting.
There's no enemy priority considering there's no enemy type which you must URGENTLY dispose of in DOOM, like say Zombie Shotgunneers, so there's less reason to pay attention to your surroundings. There's deadly enemies like the Barons of Hell and Mancubi, sure, but you'll be alright as long as you keep circlestrafing and the levels tend to be large enough in size that you can worry about them later anyways.

The weapon balance takes a more Quake-ish approach, meaning the rocket launcher and super shotty is what you'll be using most of the time. Everything else is just icing on the cake. The weapons also take after Quake in another way, which is the presence of normal weapons and their super variants. There's no super plasma rifles, but the Gauss Rifle may as well be one. Once you get your hands on the super weapons, you'll be using those weapons most of the time because ammo management is a joke anyways. So the normal weapons end up being useless in comparison, BUT thankfully there's two alternative fire modes which expands the flexibility of each weapon in combat, except most of these alternative fire modes mimick the stronger weapons in one way or another. All of these alt. fire modes rely on cooldowns before they can be fired again, and IMO cooldowns are just band-aid design most of the time. Let me alternatively fire whenever I want at the expense of more ammo, damnit. It's not like time is of the essence in DOOM. Nearly every alt. fire mode has a slight delay between being cooled down and ready to fire, but nearly every alt. fire mode has an upgrade which reduces that delay, which begs the question why you'd bother intentionally increasing that delay just for the sake of being able to upgrade it.

Your starting pistol is drek. It belongs in Halo and its bullet casings make no sound. OG Doom was built with pistol starts in mind (according to Petersen) and it shared the same ammo pool with the superior chaingun, so its place in the arsenal was justified. Here in DOOM it's just another one of those weapons for when you completely run out of ammo, which NEVER happens. It's got a crappy charge function which I never really used anyways.
Next up you get your good ol' shotgun, which is also drek. It's effective range is absolutely pathetic and can only one-shot Imps when you're right in their face. General purpose weapon this ain't. One alt. fire mode of the shotgun has it resemble the rocket launcher by firing an explosive projectile, and the other resembles the super shotty, except it fires three shells at once rather than two, and it has a cooldown on top. Why you'd ever use the shotgun after obtaining the SS/RL is beyond me, but you'll be stuck using it for the first half of the game.

After that there's the Heavy Assault Rifle which is fairly effective at dealing with low-tier demons at any range. It can be turned into a pseudo-sniper with the scope (if you want to play in a way completely antithetical to the design of the game), or slap some Micro Missiles on it, which again begs the question of 'why shouldn't I use the rocket launcher instead?' (Until you get the RL, anyways).
The plasma rifle feels like a water gun, it just doesn't have the same sound effect of the original which felt like you had thunder in your hands. It's primary fire is more or less the same as the HAR, except it fires slightly slower plasma projectiles in comparison to the HAR's bullets. Quite frankly, I don't see much reason why you would ever use the primary fire aside from curiosity. One alt. fire charges up the more you fire the primary fire only to unleash a powerful blast (why would you be using the primary fire on the Plasma Rifle anyways?), and the actually useful Stun Bomb which stuns nearly everything. I only ever used the Plasma Rifle for the sake of the stun bomb, though even then I barely used the Stun Bomb because I never had a real need for it. Killing demons instead of stunning them worked just fine. Most of the time after combat encounters I remembered that I said to myself that I would use the Stun Bomb, but that time rarely ever arose.

Now we get to tackle the heavy weapons: the Super Shotgun blows enemies away and so does it blow away the regular shotgun. This is a game where the double-barreled shotgun has a higher effective range than the normal shotgun, in contrast to gaming conventions where the regular shotgun would be more useful for its tighter, more accurate spreads compared to the SS and its destructive close-range potential. And as a result the shotgun feels useless, but there's the SS at least. It's double ammo consumption doesn't really matter anyways.
The Rocket Launcher feels much weaker than it should, due in part because of the enemies' increased health pools. In Quake, the RL was the go-to weapon as it had the highest DPS and rocket ammo drops were fairly frequent. However, the claustrophobic nature of the level design and the rushing nature of the enemies meant that the RL was not viable at close-ranges due splash damage. DOOM's level design isn't claustrophobic in the slightest, so you won't have much problems using it whenever, once you upgrade your ammo. Which I think is a mistake, as it makes other weapons feels less useful in comparison. It's useful against one-shotting weaker demons, it's useful against taking down heavier enemies, and clearing some space between you and your enemy is fairly easy, while splash damage is negligible due to Glory Kills periodically refilling your health and an upgrade which reduces self-damage. And again, ammo isn't a problem thanks to the chainsaw and fairly frequent ammo placement. The remote detonation basically doubles your DPS when fully upgraded and wrecks everything, while the lock-on burst I barely used because I want to SHOOT things.
Aside from that we have the cool-looking Gauss Cannon which replaces the Plasma Rifle with a beam which one-shots weaker demons from any range. Goodbye, Plasma Rifle! One alt. fire mode turns the Gauss Cannon into a super sniper (goodbye, HAR with scope!), and the other Siege Mode is what makes this gun so OP OP OP. With Siege Mode, you have to charge a shot by standing still completely which then fires a shot which one-shots nearly everything. But someone with common sense will realize that (double)jumping before charging will largely mitigate the charge time and not make you completely vulnerable, but on top of that a Siege Mode shot consumes the same amount of ammo as a regular shot. Honestly, the risk for charging a Siege Mode shot is pretty much negligible if you have any idea what you are doing.

Now, you might think that of course you'd be using normal-tier weapons on normal-tier enemies to save ammo, but the developers failed to include AMMO MANAGEMENT in the weapon balance equation. In Serious Sam, you had the Tommygun which was a straight-forward bullet hitscan weapon, and the minigun which dealt more DPS at the cost of higher ammo consumption. But because they shared the same ammo pool, you'd be using the minigun most of the time because it killed things faster, and the Tommygun felt pointless as a result. Now, what Croteam did in SS3 is to actually seperate the Tommygun (now an AR) from the minigun in terms of role in the arsenal. The AR got a seperate ammo pool from the minigun, and was meant to kill cannon fodder from any range thanks to the zoom function it had, while the minigun, superior in DPS, was meant for more serious encounters rather than every encounter. Players came to realize this difference as [i]minigun ammo didn't grow on fucking trees[/i].
The frequency of ammo drops/placement can do a lot to affect weapon balance, and a lot of issues with DOOM's weapon balance could have been partially solved if ammo in DOOM wasn't near-universal thanks to chainsaws and ammo boxes dropping ammo of every type. But instead we end up with an arsenal where everyone is guaranteed to gravitate towards the SS/RL combo and leave everything else in the dust aside from the Gauss Cannon. The BFG now just acts as a handheld nuke which I barely ever used because I'm not Polygon, and even then there's way too many charges on the floor for an insta-win weapon like the BFG.

This is largely because of the chainsaw, and the crazy idea of someone thinking that chainsaw kills should refill a large part of your ammo, with the additional benefit of instantly killing anything as long as you have enough fuel. And later on the chainsaw pretty much guarantees you will never run out of ammo (provided you upgraded your ammo cap), as combat encounters rarely last long enough to the point where you will be using the chainsaw to refill your ammo multiple times on top of rather forgiving ammo placement in the levels, and there's usually enough chainsaw fuel in the DEAD TIME sections to compensate. You won't go with full ammo into every encounter, but you'll always have more than enough for most weapons. FEAR also did something similar with being able to carry 10 portable medkits which you could use at any time, except there were no pick-ups which refilled your health (aside from secret permanent health upgrades), and playing badly would result in a lot of damage, and thus using a lot of medkits. Spending too many medkits would also encourage players to rethink their playstyle on the [i]long term[/i], because medkits aren't everywhere in FEAR, and going in with barely any medkits means you are less likely to take risks. DOOM isn't a game where you think in the long term, you shoot and move and the game takes care of the rest. That doesn't mean the lack of long term-thinking is inherently bad, but you need to create a multitude of varied and interesting challenges in the short term like action games such as DMC and Bayonetta if you wish to compensate for it. And variety is not DOOM's strength.

One thing worth praising DOOM for is that it did bosses in first-person shooters (more) right by simply copying Ratchet & Clank and/or Ys instead of falling into the pits of hitscan bulletsponges, helicopters and puzzle bosses. It's really that easy! And so are the bosses! Namely, you get a free full health refill once you get a boss down to 50% HP, on top of a massive ammo refill as well. The bosses are not bullshit, but could've been more tightly redesigned. The bosses attack with projectiles and well telegraphed attacks, though evading most attacks by themselves is quite easy. Second is the classic issue of how a weapon arsenal designed for encounters against multiple enemies at once is supposed to work against one big guy. As usual, you will be using the most powerful weapons (Rocket Launcher, Gauss Cannon w/ Siege Mode) against the bosses. Because bosses refill your ammo halfway through, ammo won't be much of a problem. It's just a shame that DPS is the only thing that matters for boss fights. Another shame is that there are only three boss fights in the entire game, all of them confined to the second half. I'd love to see more bosses in FPS games like this, if the difficulty was cranked up some more. The Cyberdemon fight is fairly simple, and has some interesting attacks here and there. But a large part of the fight is just shooting at it until it dies. The Hell Guard is a bit more interesting as it is invincible until it attacks, but in the second phase where you have to fight two Hell Guards at once they no longer have the shields, and as a result you'll be 'mashing' attack more than anything, which is kind of a shame. The Spider Mastermind boss has some neat tricks up its sleeve too, but isn't really fitting for a final boss fight. It's just one big demon who absorbs Olivia, that one person nobody cared about, and then the game ends. (For GOD's sake, a song like in embed doesn't fit a FINAL boss fight at all.)
I like the bosses because they can't be won by just circlestrafing (mostly), unlike the rest of the combat encounters. If there were more attacks and projectiles in regular combat encounters like the Cyberdemon's tracking laser beam, corridor attack and wave beams at varying height levels, the Hell Guard's invincibility and ground spinning attack, and the Spiderdemon's 'the floor is lava' attack, then the regular combat encounters would have been much more interesting.

I forgot to mention the equipment system, which is just another layer of fake depth which I never used. You basically get a bunch of throwables which recharge over time. First you get a frag grenade, which isn't all that effective considering it bounces around and never really explodes where you want it to, rather than it detonating on impact. It's just redundant in a world of rocket launchers and flak cannon shotguns. There's also siphon grenades which I guess leech health, and holograms which distract demons? I honestly don't know, because I really never used anything other than the frag grenade, and even then I rarely ever used frags. Redundancy is a keyword here.

For some reason, id thought that having the player pause the game in order to access a multitude of upgrade menus would contribute greatly to the depth and progression of the game. It does neither, it's another one of those upgrade system where the upgrades are a matter of 'when' once you cut out the useless options. The upgrade system for a game like DOOM is just needlessly convoluted and could have easily done with some streamlining. First you obtain the weapon mods from flying drones, where you can choose one mod for any of your weapons which have two potential mods. Then you obtain upgrade points by a) killing as many demons as possible, b) completing challenges which are unique for each level, and c) finding secrets. You use these points to upgrade the alternate fire modes of your weapons, rather than the primary fire. Each time you upgrade a weapon mod, the next upgrade choices will increase in price. Once you have all three upgrades, you can perform a challenge unique to the weapon mod in order to unlock the final upgrade for that mod. Why all the weapon upgrades just won't upgrade this way, I don't know. Then we have Praetor tokens, which you find on the bodies of dead Elite guards scattered around the levels, each level has about five of them. These tokens are used to upgrade your suits' enviromental resistance, automap system, equipment system, or dexterity. These upgrade trees are more linear in nature, however. For some reason the later trees are locked until you get more weapons, which is probably to prevent players from instantly going with the OBVIOUSLY MORE USEFUL DEXTERITY TREE WITH THE WEAPON SWAP SPEED AND LEDGE GRAB SPEED UPGRADES. Then you can upgrade your suit's maximum health, armor, and ammo cap with Argent cells, which are sometimes placed on your main path or sometimes in secret areas. Because your ammo cap starts off as pathetically limited (you start off with a maximum of [i]twenty[/i] shotgun shells), the ammo upgrades are an obvious choice, whereas health upgrades don't matter that much thanks to Glory Kills, meaning upgrading your maximum armor is somehow more reasonable. And then we have runes, additional perks which can be obtained by completing mini-challenges scattered around the game world hidden behind portals to hell. These runes grant various passive bonuses like speeding up Glory Kills, increasing the Glory Kill range, dropping armor on Glory Kills, and so on. You can carry three of them max, but you need to have at least a handful before you can equip two and another handful to equip three, for some reason. Then these perks can be upgraded to a Pro version by completing the challenges unique to each rune, which grants you an upgraded version of their effects.

Did you catch that, camera guy?

What was meant to be a system to let players choose the way how they want to play instead ends up adding nothing. The majority of weapon upgrades are efficiency-related like reducing ammo cost, penetrative shots, less wind-up time and so on, rather than being unique sidegrades for existing mods. Of COURSE I want faster reload speed on my super shotgun, but why do I have to choose to upgrade something I'm guaranteed going to grab in the first place? An upgrade system based around essential upgrades for any playstyle detracts from the idea of player choice, again begging the question of 'why bother'. Unreal had an entire arsenal of weapons with alternative firing modes and didn't need upgrades other than for the starting pistol. Duke Nukem 3D didn't need any upgrades. Doom didn't need any upgrades. Serious Sam didn't need any upgrades. Marathon didn't need any upgrades. What does DOOM do that warrants four upgrade systems? It's not like DMC where the upgrade system exists to prevent the player of being overwhelmed by all the moves available in the game, and then have the player first learn the basic moves while periodically learning the new ones after buying them.

And finally, we have the Glory Kill system, because nothing screams MODERN GAME DESIGN more than constantly rewarding the player for the most inane shit. Basically once an enemy is on low health, he enters a stagger state where does nothing but glow like a disco light (the lights can be turned off in the options), as you're supposed to finish him off by moving in and performing a cinematic takedown, which then grants you bonus health and random ammo drops depending on the current state of your health. This is supposed to encourage aggressive and close-up play, in order to prevent the player playing the game like your usual modern shooter. The animations themselves are not that much of a hindrance as they usually play out fast enough and you are invincible while doing so, but this still leaves you open to enemies waiting behind you or temporarily having no idea what's going on around you because of the first-person perspective solely focusing on the poor sod you're about to execute, on top of the FoV being lowered in order to not make the executions look glitched if you were playing on a higher FoV. This system leaves with a few questions:
Number one, where's my health drops when I one-shot an enemy from close range with the super shotgun or rocket launcher? Wouldn't I be playing just like the developers wanted me to in that case? Then where's my reward? If I don't want to risk losing potential health drops, why should I have to reduce my attacking power by selecting a weaker weapon? Isn't that paradoxical to the designers' intentions by not playing TOO aggressively so you can get your rewards? The game already has enemies automatically drop health on a non-Glory Kill death when you are on low health on top of enemies sometimes randomly dropping on any kind of death, can the game get anymore forgiving with health management?
Number two, why not ditch the need to execute cinematic takedowns for health and instead implement a proximity-based reward system where you get more health depending on how close you were to the enemy when you killed him? The Glory Kill animations do not hinder the gameplay too much, but at the same time they don't really add anything other than looking cool for promo footage. So why not do away with the pointless animations entirely and keep the flow free from hindrances? It's not like there's much risk involved in standing still for one second while invincible.
Number three, why not shave off the minimum health from all demons where a demon enters a stagger state, go with a proximity-based reward system instead, and increase enemy numbers for the sake of more ripping and tearing? Isn't shooting at more enemies at once more fun? At least it would be, if all of them wouldn't be such massive bulletsponges.
Number four, where's the risk in enemies automatically dropping emergency health with or without being Glory Killed when you're on low health? You just have to play like you usually do (without getting hit as much) and eventually enough health will be dropped to heal you back into a fighting state. This way the game pretty much takes care of your health for you, as long as you keep killing and Glory Killing. You won't rely on placed medkits that much, which saves the level designers the trouble of having to consider if placing a medkit in this place is a good idea!
Number five, are Glory Kills necessary to encourage aggressive play? Aren't there other methods like scoring (I know modern gamers consider scores something only turbonerds care about) or power-ups which disappear on hit? On one hand you have an incredibly forgiving system where anyone can play aggressively, and in the other you can immediately tell the bad from the good players. I doubt I would change my playstyle whether Glory Kills are present or not, because I do not want to cheese out all the enemies from long range. I guess that depends on your skill level.

You'll gain enough health to stay in the fight long enough, but you'll rarely ever be at maximum health outside of health upgrades, health stations, and Mega Health pick-ups, which made me wonder why I ever bothered upgrading my health. It was useful against bosses, at least, but in hindsight I would've upgraded armor as being able to carry more armor into a fight is guaranteed to let me live longer when health manages to stay on a stable level most of the time. The DEAD TIME segments more or less serve to have you Glory Kill everything for health and look for secrets, rather than integrating combat and exploration more seamlessly like Doom did.

Modern games tend to lack aggressive playstyles and skill ceilings, but DOOM goes a bit too far in letting the player play aggressively, to the point of being a power fantasy. Power fantasies in games should be earned, not handed to you on a silver platter, which is most evident in the Hell voice logs which detail how much of a badass dude the Doom Marine is. Being able to play aggressively all the time either means you are really good, or the game is just too easy. As this was my first playthrough, I'd consider it a mix of both. Sort of like rollercoasters, there needs to be a wind-up to the high points. Winning is more satisfying after you lost many times or had to put a tremendous amount of effort into the win. With nothing to push you back into defense, the kick behind steamrolling everything starts to wear off. The skill ceiling in DOOM is easily reached, with no way to tell whether I performed better last time or this time, unless you are playing with self-imposed rules. Id wanted to encourage aggressive play, but went too far in doing so, forgetting that aggressive play should naturally arise from mastering the game's mechanics, rather than make the game so easy and forgiving that there's rarely any reason to play defensively in the first place.

Playing this game lulled my mind in a state of 'huuuuuuuuuummmmhuhuruhuhuurrrrmhuuu' where violence goes in and out. I have no idea what exactly happened most of the time. I just moved around in any direction, shot shotguns at nearby small demons and/or rocket launchers at big demons while glory killing every time the disco lights show up. There was no particular nuance or idea to my movement, circlestrafing anywhere while grabbing ledges is good enough to play effectively. I don't really know when or how I lost my health, nor how I gained it. While initially I had little ammo because of the ridiculously small ammo cap which any sane person should upgrade, later I don't really have to worry about ammo because of the abundant ammo drops and the chainsaw gladly refilling my ammo supply while instantly killing the poor sod happening to stand in front of me. I can't hear what's going on around me because demons or their projectiles make no unique sounds (whatever isn't covered up by Transformers noises playing in the background). It's as if the game automatically takes care of all that shit for me while I can focus on moving and killing things. It's as if the only thing that matters is moving in any direction and shooting things with whatever weapon you see fit.

If I had to describe DOOM, it's like playing Painkiller with the enemy cast of Doom with less enemies and more health, the weapon balance something resembling Quake and Serious Sam, the setting, artstyle, and tone of a violent sci-fi Hollywood movie, the sound and music of the Bayformers movies, the level pacing of any modern shooter, and the story of a bored team of writers who had absolutely nothing better to do. The focus of DOOM seems all over the place. They want you to rip and tear, and then throw you through long sections of nothing. Doom Marine's behavior implies disregard for modern storytelling conventions in favor of action, only to lock you into those same modern storytelling conventions where everything is super serious and no fun is allowed. The mini Doomguy figurines, black corporate humor, and Doom Marine's violent tendencies imply DOOM was supposed to be a more light-hearted game which didn't take itself so seriously, but all of that falls flat on its face because of the overbearing serious tone of the game which makes those elements fit in rather badly. Your efficiency in combat and flow is weighed down by the many upgrade menus you must pause to peruse in order to make use of your full arsenal. The game wants you to take risks and attack aggressively, while any sort of risk is mitigated by the Glory Kill system dropping more health depending on your current amount of health. For a game which wants you to rip and tear, what it actually does is oddly contradictory.

Even though I consider Painkiller the standard of mediocrity for these kind of arena/old-school games, I would've ranked DOOM higher than Painkiller because of more varied movement, usage of enemies and cooler boss fights, yet DOOM tries its absolute best to bore you with long stretches of nothing, a boring generic sci-fi artstyle, boring story, boring enemy encounters, and more shit which contradicts the ripping and tearing this game wants you to do. DOOM is a 'mindless shooter' on par with Painkiller, Fallout 4, and the Call of Duties. Perhaps it's only mindless to me because I've played many old-school shooters before and saw what they had to offer, so if you are relatively inexperienced with FPS games, this might serve as some kind of crash course on do's and don'ts. If you think that the original Doom is a mindless shooter, then I urge you to play OG Doom on Ultra-Violence and reconsider. DOOM is an average game which is good if you need to shut your brain off. Try looking for anything else in DOOM and you'll only end up finding something forgettable.

Dooms story is literally 'you're a Marine and have to fend off demons, are you a bad enough dude to conquer the hordes of Hell?" and Doom 2 is "they killed your pet rabbit, you gonna let them get away with that?"

Shit kid, Marathon is when stories started to get integrated into FPS games.

Alright then, Egoraptor.

I forgot to mention the soundtrack aside from it being too noisy for a kind of game where you should rely on sound to be aware of your surroundings, but it really just dawned on me that that kind of soundtrack with distorted Transformer noises and vague industrial guitars is what kids these days love to listen to, like Mad Max: Fury Road. I liked Kane & Lynch's OST which was all industrial and fit the general desperation and madness that occurred in the game, but DOOM just didn't click with me. DOOM's soundtrack is more or less generic aggression to me where it could fit pretty much any modern ultraviolent game, and ends up just being background noise. Though for all I know that could be its purpose. I think the original Doom's soundtrack manages to be more memorable because it incorporates actual melodies, even if it was a more ambient soundtrack in general to DOOM. That, and not disabling my hearing faculties. These things are rather subjective, though.

You're a newfag for even checking a completely unexceptional post with quads from another thread in the first place. Now begone

You either play the game or listen to the music. I can't find myself doing both without getting distracted from the catharsis. Of course Doom's music is just background noise, to be an integral part of the game, a music has to be organic and serve as no more than a background noise.

Inferior to BFG Division imo.

Original DOOM had a MIDI sound track. You had to bring your synth and samples.
That was the time where you could make a game sound more awesome by buying a new soundcard.
Or and external Roland synth.

Flesh and Steel has some really well made sampling.

/thread

I couldn't give two fucks about anybody or anything on this planet. And the reason for that is I find everybody's intellectual intelligence far less superior than that of my own. So I couldn't give two fucks about what happens to anybody or anything on this planet. In all honesty, if something does happen to you, I won't care either. I don't care if anything bad, or if anything good happens to you. I'll praise you, yeah, but I'm not gonna care. I may emphasize that I do, but I really won't. So here's a word of advice. You can comment on this and say whatever you want. I won't care, and nor will I comment back. Just know this. If the zombie apocalypse happens, and I hate you all, if you all become zombies don't think I will not hesitate to kill you. Because as soon as I kill you while you're zombies, I will take your bodies and make a house out of them, and paint it with your very blood. I will not care. I actually look forward to a zombie apocalypse myself. A lot of people do. In fact, if a zombie apocalypse happens, one of two things I'm doing is either A. going around and surviving, possibly killing off people that just got bit, maybe people that aren't even bitten, I won't care. But, I will definitely be killing people who are already bitten, infected, and trying to eat me. I will not care. I will not hesitate. You will die over and over again. I will make sure of that myself. Zombies are actually my forte. I have an arsenal of weapons down in my room. Zombie apocalypse, I welcome you. Gives me the reason to do the perfect murder. Kill somebody who isn't infected, and say that they were infected. They'll believe it too, 'cause as soon as they're dead, the zombie will sense if they are another one of them or not because of the rotting, decaying flesh that is on their bodies. So, I don't care about any of you, just putting that out there right now. It may look like I do, I honestly don't. I don't care.

Because the ending of the rebooted series is Doom guy getting encased in the rock he starts in at the beginning of the game. He's stuck in a perpetual time loop.

How large is average?

k

Today I've played the first level. It looks to me like a cross between Quake 2 and Doom 3, with good flowing combat but a general lack of weight. Everything feels like a big toy made of gum, as to say, not very authentic and visceral.

But as far as toys go, it's a good one. Better than Doom 3 and Quake 4, at least. And the levels and item hunts are the unsung heroes of the title, it feels good to scavenge around climbing shit. Holla Forums convinced me it was a meme game, but so far the references are pretty harmless.

It would feel more solid if it had a more complex control scheme, with ironsights, reloading and different melee moves.

Which is exactly what killed Doom 3, giving it a dark story because of Germany's collective boner for System Shock.

What's option B? You never specified option B.

Oy vey we got a philosopher here, are we really replying to the poster or the words in the post themselves?

Except Dog Days ending was perfectly fine? Half-Life has had way worse endings with each iteration. Kane and Lynch 1 had worse ending.

Oh nice, new pasta.

Oh my fucking god.
How many threads are we going to see that say "So I played Nu-DOOM and I thought it was okay."
GOOD FOR YOU, NOBODY GIVES A SHIT, THIS HAS BEEN SAID SO MANY FUCKING TIMES NOW. THIS GAME IS DEAD.

Original has good level design and better gameplay, nuDoom has nothing, not even story, why play it then? And don't use "it's better than most of modern shooters" argument, better doesn't mean good, especially when old as shit original game is still better than this trash.

Also, OP is a tasteless faggot.

They tried to pull that 'take us seriously, but dont really' garbage.

It could've been alright if instead of all this bullshit, they just went full cheese.

Original had John Romero in it, when he was still good.

Well where are we supposed to find a mint condition John Romero?

To be fair, the levels he put out for OG doom recently show that he still is good, if only at nothing more than real doom.

Are you retarded?

They fucked up level design with arena-like bullshit where you have to kill enemies to unlock door, weapons (chainsaw especially), added garbage modernized mechanics like glory kills, weapon upgrading and enemies. Didn't gave a shit about story, a was going after gameplay and D16M failed me.

5-5.5 inches length is average

Ok.

the multiplayer is actually fun. I just play TDM. I avoided it for months because it looks like more Call of Bullshit type shit, but
its surface features only superficially resembles the cancer killing FPS – it takes an hour or two to unlock all the weapons and equipment and you start with more than you need anyway, so you really can jump in and just start rocketing niggers left and right. I don't have to wait long to find matches either, so if it has a low population problem, I haven't seen it in the past ten hours or so of gameplay across three days.

some anons on Holla Forums want to do mental gymnastics to deny the fact that this game is actually good, not just "alright" because they get triggered by anything that isn't a .wad

Okay

So what are we supposed to discuss here if anything is bound to circle back to "it's fun"? Experiences? Waifus?

story was decent for a shooter, don't know why youre whining like an autistic sperg supervirgin loser

I feel obligated to post from the perspective of someone who actually played it versus people who are parroting criticisms from other anons all of which relates to the general contrariness and hyperinsularity of Holla Forums which creates antihype groupthink when it's inappropriate as a defense mechanism against all the times AAA hype has been worthy of contempt.

Other anons are "sharing their lived experiences", So I'm encouraging anons who may be lurking to actually play it rather than rely entirely upon the advice of curmudgeons who get triggered by anything that isn't a .wad

Discuss whatever but I think the anons who haven't actually played it shouldn't post. There're anons in here that know what they're talking about when they dislike it/criticize it and I'd rather see those posts, they have higher informational value.

this guy only played the first level and forgot what Doom/Doom2 were actually like. He definitely didn't make it to multiplayer where the negative traits of 'arena bullshit' are all positives.

this user is making people think that no one plays multi, which is untrue. The only people that mindlessly consume games and discard them immediately regardless of their quality are normalfags who play CoD or BF or whatever.

this user played it but I strongly disagree with

No one plays games to fucking reload. If they do they play Arma. Melee overfocus would be net negative (we really just needed a slide kick button in FEAR) and ironsights are inferior to a bloomless reticle in every way.

You will enjoy later levels even more, user, if you like the mobility combined with the layouts.

who gives a shit about the story. I doubt this user played it.

this user is correct, i'm not reading that autistic wall of text.

this user played it and didn't like it. there are long stretches of non combat, sometimes you go five minutes without fighting shit. I think some pacing is needed or else you just get exhausted as a player.

the lore is cancer but it's thankfully optional

play more than the demo. progression is pretty irrelevant and the glory kills shouldn't be a dealbreaker for you if you're good enough not to depend on them for ammo/armor/health. there's also a rune you can equip that speeds them up tremendously.

another 'played the demo, hated it' guy. this is a fair opinion to have before the game is released since the demo was provided for you to make a consumer judgment in the first place, but we're past that now.

OP caring about story, lol

How is electric guitar riffs dubstep?
How is industrial metal dubstep?

Nigger do you really expect people to read all that shit?

This has to be bait you guys couldn't be so fucking new you don't recognize this pasta right? God you guys are fucking retarded.
The correct reply is this

I thought you people wanted to copypaste reasons for hating on nuDoom without having played it, so there you fucking go

I don't hate it though.

Liked Commented and Shared

I don't care if its wubstep or not, still sounds like garbage and its still the epitome of hipsterism.

"It's dubstep even if it isn't, because I just want to shit on the game".

Mark needs to do something about cuckchan fleeing degenerate shits.

Like what?

Im noticed more cuckchanners on others boards like Holla Forums

As easy as it is to just point to a thread that you don't like and say, that must be 4chan, I'm going to disagree.

The most common things over there are one or two sentence bait threads or template threads. This really isn't that bad of a thread tbh.

kill yourself nigger

Most of them go to Holla Forums first and complain about Holla Forums. It's actually pretty lucky for us that 8/b/ is a dead board as they probably think the whole site is dead and leave for reddit.

Banocausts in every Overwatch thread.

Damn, everyone of you who liked this shit is cancer.
It's fucking atrocious in every way. It's not better than modern shooter, it's way worse.
But wannabe purists can fuck themselves too.
Damn, this game shows worst in people. Every bit of shit taste flies up to the surface.

the hypothetical cuckchan influence

I counted like 5 posts in this thread that werent cuckchan tier shitposts from contrarian hipsters

You faggots pointing fingers have no self awareness

Overwatch niggers have to go.

by the way you act, no, they arent the contrarians

considering Halo is an arena shooter (albeit slow) and I loved Halo 1-3, I have no misgivings about loving Doom. CoD is objectively shit and I know because I played CoD 4, MW2, Blops, and Blops 3 and can't fucking stand hitscan weapons, low TTKs, low mobility, grindy unlock system, regenerating health, and flat ass levels any more [Blops 3 and AW tried to fix the mobility and level design problems but are held back by everything else that is cancerous about the series].

I'm sure some niggerfaggots will post about how triggered they are I'm not borrowing someone else's pedigree of carefully elitist curated taste playing only Quake 3 ,UT 2004, Tribes II, etc. forever and ever.

That's one of the big problems with nudoom. The story ties you down and shouts "pay attention to me!" and it's the most cringe-inducing terrible story I've ever seen in a game.

Yep, by now i think they should just have removed every bit of "story" from the game after you put on the armor. DoomGuy would be just one those mute protagonists that suddenly knows everything he has to do because of MAGIC

I'm talking about the retards at the beginning of the thread, you fuck.

NuDoom is a decent game, but there's a substantial amount of fluff, and misgivings I hold towards the game. You are thrown into the action immediately, but this actually doesn't matter since the game walks you through the first 10 minutes, by you waking up, shooting a few enemies that have severe downs, being locked in a room and hearing a short exposition, putting on the suit, getting the shotgun in a cinematic animation, then tearing a door open, an Imp makes a dramatic appearance and shows how they function, and then you're thrown into an open room with a room of Imps and Not-Former-humans. Then when you step onto the surface of Mars you encounter your first real fight, but you soon find out that the game requires you to use grenades (that are on a cool-down), weapon mods, and seldom Glory Kills (unless on Nightmare, early on, until you collect the broken ass upgrades that allow you to waste ammo).

The most patronizing thing about the game is it always keeps a safe cushion between you and the enemy, especially with the inclusion of glory kills. Once you drop below a certain threshold of health the enemies will explode into health — if you're low on ammo a few rounds of ammo will be within the rotation — meaning the game never wants you to feel any sort of anxiety. Your glory kills always allow you a way out of a stupid situation, and are sometimes a necessity when you're low on ammo, because the game punishes you by making you use a shitty pistol which actually sounds and feels like a toy - unless you aim down its ironsight and charge it up. There's this constant feeling of stop and go, like it wants you to keep momentum, but it never wants to outright punish your poor decisions, and purposely gimping yourself will only make the game slower.

For certain weapon add-ons will slow down your movement to a crawl to avoid making them too powerful, but early on with weaker weapons this poses a problem (at least on UV and Nightmare) because your lack of ammo – due to only being able to carry 20 shotgun shells for example – only gaining more "inventory" space when you upgrade your suit. When you run out of ammo you are given one of two options; glory kill everything or use your shitty pistol. The game just generally feels restrictive, and really wants you to play a certain way. Half way into the game you do have more freedom due to Runes and Chainsaw kills (both of which increase the aforementioned safe cushion) giving you a ubiquity of ammo, but by this point you're unstoppable, and still have those certain mechanics to rely on when you find yourself in a bind.

I kind of lost where I was going, and might follow this up in another post. I just wanted to give anons an idea what the game was like, since the shills and shit posters are in full force in this thread. Overall, personally I don't like the game. It's not Hitler, and I'm not a filthy Jew.

OY OY OY
OY OY OY
OY OY OY
OY OY OY
OY OY OY

SEE MY RIDE OUT OF THE LAWSUIT
ON YOUR 1080P SCREEN
OUT FOR ALL I CAN GET
IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN
CRACKS TO THE LEFT OF ME
KEYGENS TO THE RIGHT
AIN'T GOT NO ITUNES
AIN'T GOT NO LIFE

CAUSE I'M DRM
I'M COPY WRITE
DRM
AND I'LL WIN THAT FIGHT
DRM
I'M IN YOUR CODE
DRM
STOP THAT DOWNLOOOOOAD

if you ever used the pistol past the first fight on UV you need to git gud

Can the Doom Slayer beat Master Chief in a hand-to-hand fight?

If you upgrade the ammo capacity to the max before the other stats you neve run out of ammo. I never used the glory kills.
People that bitch about it are just dumb. Its one of those shitty mecanhics every modern game has that gud players can just ignore.

I never did, this was on Nightmare. The game is easy as shit on UV, the only difficulty spikes on Nightmare are caused by me gimping myself by not using Glory Kills. It's already smooth sailing past the first level anyway, but I have to play very carefully (while still going fast) and smart sometimes. My problem is generally, the game is too fucking easy, and it bothers me because why it's easy. I guess? There's no real difficulty, ever, and when the game slows down it's because it's giving you too much leeway. I can't think of anything coherent to say, nigger. Sorry.

Degenerates like you should hang on a cross.

Are you one of those faggots that believe that the Doom Slayer is an ancient warrior or some retarded shit like that? C'mon.

granted

I hope this is just a shitty play-on-words and not a swing on the retarded "Denuvo break HDD!" fear mongering lie that was debunked instantly.

And in NuDoom he literally is an ancient warrior, who has trudged through hell again and again, and who is seen as a demon to the demons. God, the lore is so retarded in this game.

It still shouldn't be in the game, this is supposed to be Doom, not a modern shooter.

oh come on I was being creative

What do upgrades add to Doom that couldn't have been done without upgrades?

How about you go fellate your fully upgrade shotgun

That's a pretty shit Doomgal m8.

Sounds like a cheap way to add replayability. Instead of scrounging for backpacks and night vision, it's scrounging for upgrade points to give you more ammo or better vision (assuming it even still has that).

It doesn't sound completely awful, but it doesn't sound like it adds anything, either. It probably fucks with the balance negatively. I don't see why this is such a monstrous deal, though.

the ability to ignore them entirely, adding another layer of challenge for yourself.

I enjoy having alt-fire for guns. I like the plasma rifle being able to stun shit with AoE, or the combat shotgun getting an explosive round at the cost of speed while in use, I like putting a scope on a machinegun so I can get headshots easier or missiles so it can shoot a fuckton of tiny missiles. I dunno how much depth it adds, maybe it just adds ease, but I enjoyed most of the weapon add-ons. You could just not use them to prove how awesome you are in a single player campaign :^)

Play multiplayer.

Because upgrades caused to game to make you start off with a pathetically low ammo cap, has you pause the game and traverse menus many times, intentionally nerf weapon mods so you could upgrade them in terms of efficiency to make up for it (gee, I wonder why nearly every weapon mod has an upgrade for reduced ammo cost and faster wind-up speed), making the game seem more deep than it actually is, ruining any potential replay value by giving the player too many upgrade points to begin with, there not being much in terms of choosing between upgrades (rather it's more of a matter or choosing which upgrade you want FIRST), and being rather contra-productive to the whole ripping and tearing thing the game is supposed to be about.

If a game is more fun with self-imposed rules, then perhaps it's wiser to design the game around that ruleset to begin with.

More. Turns out I have a thing for doomgirl.

if it's more fun to you, sure, join the Nuzlocke crew or BL4 crew, or whatever.

I don't think it would add much fun to my experience because I like the things you dislike, so the design was fine. The devs made room for both of us rather than one of us.

You have the most well-articulated argument against how they poorly executed the weapon upgrades and I find myself agreeing with it.

My issue is that it's not very well designed around self imposed rules, and upgrades are still necessary if you want the game game like the classic Doom: see the starting ammo cap and 50 armor cap.

The only thing I saw in the demo.
Immediately deleted it afterwards.

As far as I know that's all there is.

makes sense. the low beginning ammo/armor cap i can see being a turnoff for vets.

There is no way in hell a game made nowadays can be 100% free of cancer. Bashing this game because of some shit you arent even forced to use is stupid.

The low ammo cap at the beginning is retarded because they fucking give you a gun with infinite ammo. For me the pistol and the chainsaw could just be removed from this game.

[Citation needed]
And I don't mean the company itself saying it doesn't do that.
Do you have proof it doesn't rewrite the storage media?

The only thing I have to say is that they could've gone further and more unhinged with the rip&tear idea. The way it is right now it doesn't make you feel badass, it makes the demons feel weak.

Also, they turned Doomguy into a fucking errand boy, which pisses me right off tbh famalam

Welcome to EVERY MODERN FPS since Halo.

It's the worst way of hand holding as it turns the entire fucking game into one long tutorial, yet even (((critics))) who complain about other hand holding techniques won't challenge "coach in your head" because it's an industry-wide standard. Critisizing it at this point would be insulting to a majority of publishers and developers and all these slimy fucks dream of one day working at the PR department of some publisher so they keep their facial cocksleeve shut and nod along with the "accessibility" meme.

Has the single player been modded by anyone?

Fuck off.

WOW
SO MANY OF YOU PLAYING

Speak for yourself, I've enjoyed reloading ever since the Navy Seals mod for Quake 1. Retro and retarded share similar traits: Doom 3 too, tried something similar by removing the "use" key… it didn't end too well.

The contrarians of this board are now saying that DooM3 is a better game

Ayyy

Does the "every WAD is canon" thing mean that Batman and Simpsons characters exist in the Doom universe because of Batman and Simpsons Doom?

WEW

How can mods be canon?

Is it just me or has contrarian first gotten popular here in the past week since cuckchan ran into trouble?

>Chex's Quest is canon

pls kid, how new are you, contrarian is an old as fuck maymay. Guess you redditors get confused with anything not made up yesterday.

Contrarion is used primarily by people who want to make the general opinion of a group they don't like seem invalid by implying it's fake and made up for the sake of being the opposite of someone else.