How could I justify my indulgence in bourgeois luxury stuff...

How could I justify my indulgence in bourgeois luxury stuff? While I'm poor and a communist I also like fancy clothes and fancy restaurants for instance. I feel like I betray my class in some way.

Class is fundamentally a relation to the means of production. It has nothing to do with what you buy; defining yourself by what you buy is actually consumerism, not Marxism. In other words, don't worry about it.

Depends on why you like it, which might be connected to why you have the feeling of betraying your class.

Serving people in restaurants is one of the most pointless things a human can do.
To the gulag with you.

Nothing wrong with liking luxury. Luxury is held hostage by the bourgeoisie.

Even for waiters, those who like food enough would see it as a great honor to be the one serving their dishes, the official association with high cuisine is enough to make some people happy.

I dunno abu but having grown up poor as shit I feel out of place in ritzy restaurants and I hate going to them. Watching fat fucks swirl wine and smell it because they saw some rich guy do it in a movie pisses me the fuck off. I only feel comfortable in shitty side of the road diners.

Say no to IDPol comr8

lifestylism wsas a mistake

That's not what OP's saying at all, retard. It's about the ideology behind desiring bourgeois luxury, not the stupid "should I support this brand or not" consumerist shit.

There's no problem, comr8. Rejection of lifestylism and all that. Even Tito liked really fancy clothes when he was a poor worker and spent his finest cash to dress nicely, even if it cost him a lot.

Yes, comrade, class is a lifestyle. You should only eat worker food and wear worker clothes.

Flag related, typical proletarian hat.

you're not poor then are you

labor has a right to all it produces.

You should give a little more agency to the poor.

It's not your fault. It's advertising doing it's job.

Ever since we're little children we're programmed to enjoy owning a lot of shit.

That's literally the republican line of argumentation. kys

You're not betraying class, but you are faggot for believing luxury stuff is any better than average priced stuff.

I am, I don't even have a job at the moment. I'm talking about the enjoyment I get from bourgeois activities.

I don't own a lot, and I don't desire to.

I'm not saying there is. It's more like
says, I feel out of place, I know I'm not one of them. I hate them, yet there I am, doing the same, and enjoying it.
I want to become a chef, and if I want to make more money, I'd have to work for an expensive restaurant. I'll be making food for very rich people, while I know some of ""my own people"" are eating stale bread for dinner.

Luxury is the death of wisdom.

if they were your people wouldn't they be in your same position, trying to become a chef or generally improving in life and not accepting to only have a stale bread for dinner?

kys
nys
eys