What exactly happened to cause this board to become so bad?

I'm not shitposting, I remember using the Holla Forums on halfchan around 2006 when it was just made. I used it once in a while and for the most part it was a normal board, but I noticed there was a big shift around 2009 or 2010 that changed it into the Holla Forums we know today.
What happened? What caused this change? I was never active enough to see the series of events that lead to it.

Tell me, is Laurence Fishburne white?

goons started reposting reddit content here thats when it all went down

It was kind of a gradual process, but basically we had Holla Forums shitposters come in determined to wreck the place, combined with a B.O. who encouraged waifuposting and off-topic posting while arbitrarily enforcing his own rules. I don't know if that's even the same B.O. we have now or what. We also have a janitor who likes to put on his janny code and calls himself the Pro-Anime Janny, so you can guess what his approach to things involves.

It's a psyop, Satan.

Few users so it takes few spammers from Holla Forums to shit everything up. You can't enjoy things that are not kosher, goy.

You did. Now fuck off.

one vol/BO is the jennyfag and one vol is a /jp/ janny

that explains all the autistic waifuwars and all the otaku spam

The shit threads are all made by soyboys from Holla Forums. Compared to those the anime threads are a breath of fresh air.

Did any of you read what I actually wrote or did you reply based on the title?
Holla Forums didn't even exist when Holla Forums turned into a memefest, when the Holla Forums was started here that memefest was carried on.

Which shit threads do you mean?

No one cares what you posted. It was just an excuse to bitch about current policies.

every thread that isn't anime

I ignored the part about halfchan because we started over here, newfag.

Politics:
Waifus:
Sam Hyde:
Movies:
TV:
It's mostly the politispergs taking over, but there isn't much on topic shit to discuss that hasn't already been done to death.
January 2016 was probably the last time this board was worth a shit.

t. scambo hyde
I want my money back, sweet Sammy

Call me Cody and I'll refund you in bitcoins, ponyfag.

Go make another thread, I'm sure it'll have tons of not copied and pasted replies.
It's obvious you're a samefag btw

People only talk about SJW movies here, because they are very important.

Aren't pretty much all film pozzed to hell with liberalism these days? Name a couple of squeaky clean kinos if you know any.

there are a handful of indie kinos like the vvitch and green room

It's only as shit as you make it, start doing good posts if you want to make the discussions better.

Also, the cuck-meme guy should just kill himself.

Anime PRO™ Janny is based.

it's a general board for something that increasingly is only worth paying attention to by drilling-down into a niche that's worth the effort, hence pic related. Western popular culture is shit and achieving it's ultimate apotheosis of poo. Until there is a cultural movement to replace it, niche lurking on slow boards is the only way to go. Eventually, those niches may congeal into a parallel cultural movement worth having a meta-board like Holla Forums for, but right now, not really.

So, either stay here and wax fantastic about the glory days or go find some find/start boards for cultural things and subjects that ring your bell and maybe you'll wake up one day and realize you're a part of a new Holla Forums that doesn't rely on a media establishment devoted to feeding you shit, pissing you off, and demoralizing you.

What, like /strek/, where Trekkies who are also armchair neo-Nazis try to reconcile those two interests?

I pity you.

All the Holla Forums regulars have been banned in favor of kampfy's desired reddit audience and we need a place to shitpost. I'm sorry.

Yeah it was. An entire catalog filled with Bane? FOR YOU.

fuck you, this is the best board on Holla Forums

Are you saying this was a good thing or a bad thing

fug off janny

this but Holla Forums reddit goons

Shit moderation that thought we needed to be Holla Forums with film in order to survive.