How can ASSFAGGOTS players act like their genre takes skill? Also applies to CRAPCUNTS

How can ASSFAGGOTS players act like their genre takes skill? Also applies to CRAPCUNTS

Other urls found in this thread:

overwatch.gamepedia.com/Ana
overwatch.gamepedia.com/Lúcio
overwatch.gamepedia.com/Mercy
overwatch.gamepedia.com/Zenyatta
twitch.tv/esl_overwatch
twitch.tv/myzet1990
twitch.tv/ogamingoverwatch
twitch.tv/imsofunky
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

they're waifu games, not unlike le creepy pedo games like neptunia the same people laugh at

user you need to get into the mindset of your average ASSFAGGOTS player little Timmy. Timmy knows three things about his ASSFAGGOTS.
1. There is a competitive esports scene in which the best players earn real money.
2. He wins some games and loses some others.
3. His ASSFAGGOTS is objectively the best one. This point is irrelevant.
If there are pro players, that must mean there are players who are better than all the others, so he can confirm his game requires skill. He also knows that he is deserving of a rank better than the one he is currently in, because in games he does well in he wins. But at a 50% winrate, the place where Timmy has found his perfect place, he should win and lose 5 games out of 10 and be the reason his team won and lost 1 of each of those games. Other people cause him to lose more than he does, so its not his skill that is the problem, its other peoples skill. So every time he wins there is 1 good player on his team and every time he loses there is 4 bad players on his team.

I forget what my point was, but ASSFAGGOTS are like if Dark Souls had the same reputation, but had the combat of Skyrim.

but it does take skill you nigger
neo-Holla Forums is shit

crapcunts? what the fuck tell me about this one

it's the name for all those TF2/Overwatch ripoffs popping out right now everywhere

i've noticed that much, im asking about the CRAPCUNTS word

It does take skill, not a lot though. There is a reason why you see normalfags who cant get better at the game, even that little skill is too much for them. Even ASSFAGGOTS are too much for normalfags

I miss single player campaigns.

Oh fuck, i hope more ripoffs of popular games will come up in nearest future because this kind of shit is the funniest thing i've got from this board.

Paladins, overwatch, battleborn and a few others are already there. There are even cancer filled threads about them here if you want to take a peek

It takes skill. It's a special needs tier kind of skill, but it is there

not defending assfaggots but out of all of them HoN was the one that took the most speed to actually play cause shit happen so fast in that one compared to any of them

I think it requires less skill and more knowledge, of every hero, of builds, of combos and synergies, etc.

They do actually take some skill to do well in. It's just that most of that is just game knowledge like knowing all the items and understanding how different characters usually interact with each other.

Also why are you faggots so obsessed with them? I keep seeing people blame all of gamings ills on them but they are just F2P games on the PC that are popular with casuals. Is it the Esports shit that ticks you off so much or something else?

The games offer cute or fappable characters with near instant gratification in contrast with MMOs which is very attractive to casuals. The reason they feel it takes so much skill is because it has among the most highly visible professional competitive scenes on the market after Starcraft and ASSFAGGOTS unlike MMOs especially grindy MMOs like classico Diablo is easy to waste thousands of hours in and this even includes the casuals with pretty much zero achievement to show for it. This means they are very invested in the game to a literal sense and feel the need to justify it more than other games to the point they are fooled into thinking it requires skill.

I have never seen anyone blame ASSFAGGOTS for the rampant DLC, early access, people forcefully shoving their agendas in and countless of other cancer. Blow it out your ass faggot

dota 2 takes some serious skill to get good at, especially if you're playing heroes like enigma, meepo, visage, techies, and invoker

lmao.

Image in the OP is complaining about modern comp games not requiring execution but doesn't realise that it's mostly strategy and prediction. Even then, Dota 2 needs some level of execution to succeed.

Chess requires no execution for example, and is held up like a holy grail by pale nerds, indians and chinks.

Well ASSFAGGOTS did kill the wave of RTS releases. A much better genre is now rarely getting new games because ASSFAGGOTS are much easier and cheaper to make.

The two great "hate-waves" are:
Basically the ASSFAGGOTS killed the entire competitve e-sports scene, because all companies jumped into the new thing. While the main competitve RTS was Starcraft, and Blizzard was so horrible at making it it had to pay cybercafes to stop letting people play Starcraft Brood War and make them play Starcraft II.
Anyone who was into competitive gaming before the ASSFAGGOTS craze. Instead of all the scenes growing at the same time, the stage was stolen entirely by LoL and DotA 2, reached large and mainstream audience, while anything not CoD/CS:GO and Starcraft just became too niche to grow in audience as much. And most companies in charge tend to fuck up constantly.

It's just a genre that got one of the most casualized versions to be insanely popular.

The last one can only require skill if you know why combos work and how to use the full skillset, if you just "manual macro" everything, it's just as easy as any other hero.

You can be a shit techies who sits in one spot and mines but legit teamfight techies are fucking hard to play, serious positioning required

Enigma jungle again requires a shit ton of micro to maximize full potential, there's also arc warden, io, earth spirit, naga siren, and elder titan if you want to talk about high skill cap

Bullshit. RTS died because the devs making RTS games became shit

holy shit, that's cute.

ASSFAGGOTS players are like drug addicts always chasing the high of the one time they did a little bit of teamwork and made a cool play. except the play doesn't even look cool because of the zoomed out cameras and shitty models and animations. What I find even more confusing is how normalfags eat up ASSFAGGOTS shit, they're needlessly time consuming games and I've always assumed that normalfags like quick round games, not endless queuing and 10 minutes of in match grinding. What I do understand about why normalfags like these games is that they allow the players to mitigate their loses; "oh i got the most kills so who cares if we lost, my team sucks" "i got the most gold so my team just sucks" and other excuses as scoreboards grow beyond just kill/death/ping

i'll give CRAPCUNTS the mild credit that you actually have to aim your shots so the superior player will generally win 9 times out of 10 but that doesn't make it any less casual. At least I can find a CRAPCUNT kind of fun to play for a little banter filled romp with some m8s, can't say the same for ASSFAGGOTS

If they were just shit that wouldn't be enough reason to stop making games of the RTS genre.
Other genres have shit devs too, but they haven't stopped making their genre of games.

That's kinda skill is, bowing a violin isn't hard, playing a song for it however is

I'd say Dota 2 overall is a pretty damn hard game to maximize the potential out of each character.

You know how to split push as enigma? you're controlling like 8 things with a necronomicon not counting your abilities

You being a dummy won't prove anything

CRAPCUNTS are more casual than ASSFAGGOTS
Let that sink in for a moment.

Actually I did some digging and i seems LoL got big around 09, which barring Stronghold 2 started the wave of shitty RTS games I remember playing. My bad.

RTS was already a dead/dying genre, stop fucking deluding yourself.

Its literally the same thing that happened to collectathon/platformers you fucking retard.

makes sense since CRAPCUNTS have pretty much 0 micromanagement beyond watching your cooldowns

I don't know what happened there. Do explain.

what is this? Please elaborate.

Fuck off back to cuckchan.

Just wanna point out, that is my exact feelings on those two genres. ASSFAGGOTS are truly good when you can fill up a party and play around retards with things either executed perfectly because you know your friends enough to know what kind of stupid shit they will do, or strategies that are crazy enough to work and pulling it off like a boss.
If you wanna go full competitive, yes, ASSFAGGOTS is less about individual skill at the high-to-highest tier, and more about playstyle, outplaying and drafting.

???

They're delusioned cunts from cuckchan who play this garbage with friends and because they have an average understanding fo the game and do a little better than average, think they can be even better which is a lie as the skill ceiling of these games is extremely low so that any faggot can master the characters.
Its no different from making Call of Duty and Battlefield "sports".
They cant understand why would people hate them when companies are now trying to attract that fucking massive community of casuals every step of the way and pandering to them with their trash.
See: DoW3, Paladins/Smite, Quake Champions

Chess doesnt have have a shitty convoluted meta so you can exploit the game/pimp out your build and the pieces you use all have different movesets which can be used for all kinds of tactics/combinations, you can also lose pieces from your personal rooster so its actually tense.
Its also unchanged from the medieval ages.

Absolutely this

They are, ASSFAGGOTS at least makes you protect mobs instead of being a pointless exercise on countering/weaking the enemy.
They even admit that nobody heals in the game.

The worse part about them though, is how they attract Tumblr/Reddit/Cuckchan just from its mere discussion.

???

Have you ever played an RTS?
Even Warcraft 3? I mean against another player, competitively.

It's one faggot trying to force a meme.

I don't normally go to platformer threads but the genre does not seem dead at all.
Even with mighty number flop there are games coming out in that genre much more often than RTS.

Kill yourself

heh

Just got humiliated by your team, huh? Must have been embarrassing if you're this flustered.

Reminder that these faggots are posting on this board right now and are trying to defend just how fucking casual they are not and how they dont have shit taste.

Any fucking FPS does that, you dont have to subject yourself to that fucking garbage.

This guy got laughed at because he was bad and now he has a chip on his shoulder. A bruised ego can make a man bitter.

???

Post the screencaps from Overwatch thread.Let me feel the rage

not when your friends are fucking casuals

"ay i dunno m8"
so the free beta comes out and i give it a try, i don't completely hate it so i buckle and by the cheapest version i can for almost the sole purpose of playing it with my friend. only to find out my buddy bought the fucking ps4 version even though his PC is better than mine

Why bother? Might as well just post pictures from League threads circa 2012/2013.

Honestly these threads just continue to prove that there's a bunch of 12 year olds that have no arguments, but hate a few genres with such intent that they have to constantly complain about them. Its no wonder people like OP are constantly laughed at.

wew lad, admit if you just wanted more responses to satiate your ego

Go to a CRAPCUNTS thread and ask them who mains or even uses the healsluts.

Your will is my command

Tell your friends to fuckoff
I have and I played hours upon hoyrs of Gmod and other HL2 mors plus RTS games with him.

my only contest to that picture is that Starcraft was never extremely APM intensive. Multitasking, yes, but don't pretend filler actions of no consequence matter.

Overwatch has like 5 and I've seen people talk about heals in games like DotA. So yu're objectively wrong again.
Fuck off reddit.

Good to know you didnt read the thread.
Probably filtered anything you didnt like just like on those threads I reckon.

WEW

It was in some common circumstances. Have a look. Day9 doesn't demonstrate very well, but he explains them. I don't have a webm.

Why don't you post arguments then? All you do is say "its casual and shit and I don't like it and it should get banned".

at which point you would just call me a shill for actively trying to defendthat was all apart of your plan, wasn't it?

Bullshit, Overwatch has none
Let me guess, 1K hours on each instead of actual good games?

Prove it.
Ok I'll look it up.

You're shit at these games. It bothers you. Now you complain about them in a grand crusade.

I want paid shills and cuckchan rejects to leave

Ok so you said
But
overwatch.gamepedia.com/Ana
overwatch.gamepedia.com/Lúcio

overwatch.gamepedia.com/Mercy
overwatch.gamepedia.com/Zenyatta
And this game has no heals? It has at least 4 dedicated healing characters. Holy fuck you're so dumb I am starting to believe you're a literal 12 year old.

ASSFAGGOTS seems to be basically entirely rote memorisation and cookie-cutter builds. You get good at it by reading guides and learning to click fast, not by playing the game.

You can't be shit at these games, especially the CRAPCUNTS. You can literally sit at the back of the map scratching your ass and shooting in the general direction of the enemy, then use your ultimate as soon as you can and you've done your part just like that.
You need to have severe brain damage to suck at CRAPCUNTS.

isn't that how you get better at pretty much every game?

See

And then kill yourself like the retarded mouthbreathing ASSFAGGOTS/CRAPCUNTS shitter you are.

You're not intelligent enough to identify one much less autistic enough to point them all out.

Not really, I played Diablo 2 and C&C Generals extensevely, so Im pretty good at these turds.

You've got a thread full of them over at the Overwatch and Paladins thread user.
You know what to do

Do you have brain damage son?
Do you read my posts before filtering them?
Check my posts again you retarded nigger.

Check out this casual

Overwatch is a TF2 rip-off though.

sure thing body :^)

So now I need to find an overwatch stream? Or a comp overwatch stream? Ok. Be right back.
That's just autismal rage and nothing else. What arguments besides the one I listed are supposed to be in that post? Because I don't see any other.

Assfaggots caught on because there was a legitimate need for a name for the genre that didn't suck at describing said genre.

Crapcunts is a forced meme for a shoehorned acronym that no one can fucking remember to a describe a genre which could already be summed with up "class-based shooter" and one look at the sort who keeps pushing the phrase shows that its mostly shitposters.

>tfw senpai notices you and says you don't have autism
We don't all play simple games that require little to no reading user.

What a shame, this cancer really needs to go

twitch.tv/esl_overwatch
Seems to have plenty of healers.
twitch.tv/myzet1990
Is currently playing a healer.
twitch.tv/ogamingoverwatch
Also healers.
twitch.tv/imsofunky
A camwhore playing healer.

So in short you've been blown the fuck out again. Whats the next bullshit?

Why do you play ASSFAGGOTS/CRAPCUNTS then?

Again do you have any proof that he does play any of them?

I never understood this, I always saw them as completely different genres that just happened to share the same camera perspective. RTS games died because nearly every RTS developer released a completely shitty game that ruined their franchise and then decided to completely give up on the genre because it's clearly dead. I would blame Starcraft 2 for killing RTS more than I would MOBAs.

I see people here bitching all the time about ASSFAGGOTS as if it's some great cancer that's destroying the industry. It's a game made out of a mod that deserves maybe one or two games and no more but it's hardly damaging the industry like shitty DLC or early access. You have a few shitty devs throwing money away trying to make their own clones but they would just blow that away chasing a different trend if MOBAs didn't exist. I don't get how it's causing much harm, it's like saying post quality here is being destroyed because Youtube comments are so shit.

Nice cherrypicks
Almost nobody in that game is smart enough to play a healing character effeciently and most dont.
The Overcucks said that themselves
Go ask them.

Proof? Also the healer player was just lauded as the most important character in the first link it seems.

Basically as I've said before you have no arguments and you're just a raging manchild.

Noice

See

Posting an edit featuring characters of one of them certainly isnt helping you to prove it.

Got none, guess I should have screencapped it back in July.
Oh well, at least Im not defending this garbage.

haha epic meme words

The last good RTS game before the current wave of ASSFAGGOTS was CnC Generals. Years before ASSFAGGOTS became popular. If anything ASSFAGGOTS are increasing the interest in RTS games once again, what with Dota 2 mods that are trying to recreate WC3 with better graphics. Stop being so fucking delusional as to think that there was some bustling fucking market for RTS games that went silent 10 minutes after ASSFAGGOTS hit the scene. Age of Empires 3 was shit and killed all interest in the AoE series, EA raped Westwood and killed CnC with RA3 and everything thereafter. Relic made Dawn of War into a fucking squad based tactics game and not an RTS. None of these things have anything to do with Dota 2 or LoL or Smite or HoN or any other ASSFAGGOTS game.

No you're attacking innocents even after you've been proven to be the one doing evil. You have no arguments. All your posts are just you crying about how you don't like a certain set of games. You're so bad at trying to say anything that I'm beginning to wonder if you're trying to make them popular through reverse psychology. Its either that or you're a literal 12 year old.

These idiots are apparently such good goys that they could never in a million years imagine that the publishers or devs could do any wrongs.

Basically, yes, Blizzard fucked up and that's why there are not RTS. Basically, DotA stole the thunder when Starcraft was as it's peak, taking over the entire European and Chinese market. While DotA kept improving, Blizzard shat the bed. Most developers decided to focus on developing ARTS (One of the older acronyms for ASSFAGGOTS) because they were easier to introduce to widespread players, which is healthy to keep a competitive game. You need casuals to fill the gaps, and those casuals willing to tryhard will help build the elo ladder.
So when most companies decided to go for the easier to get in, still hard to play game, and left Blizzard with the whole RTS cake for itself, everything when to hell. Also China stopped giving a fuck about RTS.

You can neither attack nor defend from a position of ignorance.

I'm talking about what I know, which is competitive scene. Developer fuckups were always a reason, but I'm talking about the relationship between RTS and ASSFAGGOTS, not why the entire RTS genre died out. You are right, AoE and CnC and Starcraft when to the shitter, but the competitive hole was plugged with DotA, HoN and LoL, which is what I talk about.

Nigger please

Holy shit, get the fuck out of here Reddit

Keep projecting

Im no longer ignorant thanks to your informative post though.
Go back to your shitty genre.

WEW

The Jew is immunized against all dangers: one may call him a scoundrel, parasite, swindler, profiteer, it all runs off him like water off a raincoat. But call him a CRAPCUNTS shill and you will be astonished at how he recoils, how injured he is, how he suddenly shrinks back: “I’ve been found out.”

Nah, you've irrefutably demonstrated lack of basic information on one of the subjects you're trying to shit on; you're no better than the sand niggers waging war on caliphates.

Fuck me a user with taste.

So either OP is baiting or he already changed IP to samefag on the thread.
And yet nobody called him on this. Great start for a thread…

Still trying to push that word? It describes nothing, it's a shitty word. ASSFAGGOTS tells you about the game, it's mechanics and even it's history. You literally can't apply the term ASSFAGGOTS to anything other than what's considered a MOBA today.

Meanwhile crapcunts perfectly describes any fighting game, any RTS with different factions, Tribes, EYE multiplayer, TF2 and just about any game played online where players are not all using the same character.

See, MOBA's are a stupid genre, an oversimplification of what they could be and massively flawed by design with very few people ever trying to change it. I'll argue that Smite or HotS are possibly the best you can make with that genre and they are still flawed games.

However if you keep spamming that shit, everyone is gonna call you a fucking retard that doesn't know the genre and ignore you.
ASSFAGGOTS is not 1 hero, it's 10 or more. If you don't consider the position and abilities of all heroes, both teammates and enemies, you're gonna be shit at the game.
And it is indeed filled with some neat tricks and mechanics (that I heavily despise as they are often just engine limitations adapted by the players) that the pros know about.

For instance, in Dota you have a turn rate for ranged characters to face their target and start attacking. It seems like a very minor detail but pros know and use it when comparing ranged to melee heroes, since you can't kite properly with ranged if you have to constantly turn around and shoot, while melee characters don't have that problem. It's something you need to take into account in the game, a very minor detail but very important for the pros.

I personnaly chalk it in the same field as bunnyhopping, just a quirk of the engine adapted by the players to be gameplay and something that should be patched and replaced with a more intuitive element.
But if you're gonna talk about a game, even if you're gonna talk shit, you either know what you're talking about or you're gonna be made fun of.
Your criticism of ASSFAGGOTS is exactly like someone going to a Quake thread and saying "shit game, you just fire rockets everywhere and run fast so nobody can shoot at you!"

I thought it was generally accepted that Generals was the last good CnC game because RA3 sure as fuck wasn't.

lol

barely 5% of the dota roster are even viable and permanently picked, good fucking luck if some chucklefuck wants to pick for fun and grabs some

I usually see generals ignored for one of the older titles like tib sun.

Impressive

howbad.ru?

This whole board is cuckchan rejects. You want to fit in so badly that you come across as a total drone.

have you ever played starcraft

I have to ask the anti-ASSFAGGOTS crowd this question every thread and never get a decent answer.

If ASSFAGGOTS are such easy, brainless games why don't you make a professional Dota 2 team and stomp everyone at The International? I mean the prizepool is so huge by this point that winning first place would be a cool 1 million dollars each, invested properly you could retire with that much money and live the rest of your life in a nice house with super fast internet and do nothing but play vidya and eat doritos till you die at age 30.

So why not do that? I mean ASSFAGGOTS are easy so obviously you can best the best players of ASSFAGGOTS and make off with free money.

See

Red the thread you CRAPCUNTS/ASSFAGGOTS nigger

See

Another nigger that cant read the thread

Because Esports is fucking cancer, because the game is trash, because I dont likr to burn out on vidya just on the same game.
Because you can only make a Team with IRL people and those are all normalfags.

Becasue these faggots are only good at shitposting and bitching.

Because you have to find 4 normalfags that plays at the same time as i do and if one of them are sick or need to do other stuff IRL i cant play for that play. Dont help that the gameplay is boring shit

…what point were you trying to make?

The human variable.

If making a sandcastle out of shit is so easy, why don't you go remake Helm's Deep at the presidental inauguration?

Do we need to have an "ASSFAGGOTS suck" thread every time some scrub downloads Dota and gets bullied by his team for being shit?

Pic related

No, but we should have them when Redditors and Tumblrdykes raid the board to discuss them en masse on this fringe board.

Pretty ironic considering your previous post about thread reading.

This guy must have been really shit at the game. I wish I could see the match.

Works every time

I've never even played one of these games before. What exactly do you do? I vaguely know that there are teams of people who must advance into enemy territory and capture their flag or some shit. Is that really all there is to it?

All I know is that if
A) your characters never gain experience that can allow them to increase their attack output or other abilities
B) Damage is randomly calculated and players can expect to deal an average DPS within a specific range
C) an optimal team build consists of characters that fill their role the most efficiently and with very little or no drawback to offset said efficiency
and D) the extent of player input is to point and click to a spot and then press a single button or combination to initiate a thoroughly effective ability that will passively serve its purpose without any further maintenance or input
Then you can't really call that game competitive because it relies too heavily on RNG and too little on "twitch" reflexes. How close am I to describing LoL or DOTA?

Wait a second, is this copypasta?

I don't have particular problem with them beside the fact they are casual garbage, but they are at least videogame.
The problem is they attract cancer from other places who thinks they are in good company. And since the anons that enjoy that trash don't kick them out from the threads, they then move to other places. You know, how Holla Forums become a den of tumblr fags; well, there was niggerwood too tbh

This is some brave new world tier shit.

Top taste, my fellow Broman.

All games inherently revolve around skill.

If there was no skill involved in the game, everyone would be in the same matchmaking bracket.

You want to compare skillsets across different genres, which is completely bullshit. I'm great at RTSs, but I'm nowhere near top level in FPS games.

But yes, ASSFAGGOTS and CRAPCUNTS need to go.

and here is a thread complaining about video games, because relevant threads just tell OP to fuck off

And that is precisely the problem with games with a low skill ceiling, especially when they pretend they're highly competitive games.

The worst part is that "e-sports" is just industry talk for "we set up our multiplayer like it's a fucking console game". It has no bearing on the balance or competitive aspect of the game itself.

That's called changing the goalposts, laddie.

ASSFAGGOTS do require skill, albeit a different set of skills than most other competitive games require. Strategy is important in the form of picking and counter picking, tactics are supremely important since they usually end up being the deciding factor in matches, teamwork, communication and to a lesser extent discipline. Reflexes, quick thinking, high APM and subtlety are also important, but they're not as critical as they are in other high skill ceiling games.

I'm not sure how I've "changed the goalposts" the phrase is "moved the goalposts", you dumb faggot when I haven't set any to begin with.

Nigger what

No they dont
You can play them without knowing what the fuck you're doing and youll still get to win.

C&C generals was good, fuck off

Oh god, what is fucking context.
and
See the difference? Fucking hell.

Yeah, I get that EA's a shit an all but Generals was good.

See

WEW
Most Westwood employees were still there before fucking off after Zero Hour nigger.
EA Pacific was dismantled soon after because of that.

EA's Generals was a cash-in that used an unrelated franchise to sell a trash RTS game. It's one of those games that's "good in retrospect" because a younger generation played it first and thinks it better represents the series. Kind of like Metroid Prime.
If EA's Generals was a good game, then that means C&C3 and Red Alert 3 are just as good, because they're practically the same.

Alright, go back to learning English faggot you clearly have difficultly with reading.

If you're winning when you don't know what you're doing, you're either playing a shitty game like LoL, or you're playing against players who are as equally horrible as you are or you're getting carried by better players than you are. You can win pretty much any type of competitive game if you understand the rules, as long as the opposition is worse than you. If someone sucks at chess and wins against a retard, that doesn't mean playing chess doesn't require skill.

Completely different style of game.

now thats some serious denial

Nah, a "completely different style of game" would be something along the lines of EA's Generals when compared to the Command & Conquer series.

So you dont know shit about what you're talking about?
I guess we could say Red Alert 2 is garbage because its not exactly like Tiberian Sun or the OGs then.

Goddamn son you are one dumb motherfucker

telling 100% lies isnt going to get you anywhere just because you say it with confidence user

Good thing you posted here to defend your precious ASSFAGGOTS then.

Where did I lie?
Red Alert 2 while maintining a shitton of previous C&C game has some big glaring differences.

Are you mad because you have build units in Generals or something?

All 3 factions were pretty unique and each unit actually was strong and felt like a loss during the early to mid game with the expansion zero hour further diversifying the factions. Generals to me played kinda like company of heroes and less "arcadey" than the other c&c games.

He compared them to RE3 and C&C 3 which is the C&C series or are you talking about the timelines or somehing?

You've accused me of not liking generals because of a name change which is completely bullshit since a) it's my favorite RTS and b) at no point ITT has anything even alluded to that godforsaken conclusion.
A good game.

The only conclusion I can think of is, you're somehow upset that I said "Fuck me a user with taste." to a post in which you responded earlier to even though much earlier you previously mentioned that you played generals extensively. If this scenario is correct then a previous post about me stating about you being able to understand context was true.

broaden your ability to express yourself beyond that of cryptic screencaps

Big differences, yes. The EA cancer was starting to set in with RA2, and you can tell from the FMVs alone, but it was still part of the same series and you could still tell this from the way it played.
EA's Generals was a significant departure, and subsequent games in the Command & Conquer series, which is a separate game series entirely, were modeled after it for some reason.

I will never understand the retards comparing assfaggots to rts. I hate assfaggots, but this is a special kind of retarded. Are they just looking for anything to blame for the fall of the RTS genre? But with their logic they should be bitching about Diablo and other aRPGs for "muh 1 unit!"

Generals wasnt part of the red alert series

It's a valid comparison. ASSFAGGOTS have their roots in RTS games, where they existed as single maps with dumbed-down gameplay that became immensely popular for that exact reason. A direct comparison makes sense.

It wasn't part of the Command & Conquer series either.

That is where you are objectively wrong.

Your reading comprehension is still shit nigger.
In this post of mine Im quoting your post for this fag>>10856100, I was not replying to it.

Absolute madman, he actually got to the point

Its still a good game regardless if you think it deserves the C&C title or not.

Hes talking about C&C itsself you dunb nigger.
He doesnt think Generals deserves the C&C title.

This bullshit actually started by a fag who waned to create a justification on why people hated ASSFAGGOTS for being casual shallow trash.
They didnt kill it, but they're severely crippling the development of new games for it as of now.

Im sorry you're this autistic user, I guess the name change from Westwood Pacific to EA Pacific really did a number in your psyche.
Did you make this flash by the way?

why do you always act like a retard? red alert 3 is designed just like generals from the ground up.

some rts anons are the biggest idiots on the board, complaining when a game wont let them turtle, or thinking anything but the observed "viability" of video games as a mainstream entertainment source and therefore an increase is "safer" business practices has to do with the stagnation of rts.

Fucking hell did you not read that's what lead the confusion about the other point since it seemed to continue on that tangent.

Wow, what a great solution m8

Do you believe that Final Fantasy Adventure is part of the Final Fantasy series too?

Jesus the shilling in this thread is out of control.

Whats your point?
It still doesnt play like Generals at all, especially due to how the units/factions work.
3 has infantry squads instead of individual units and there are no differenves between resource gatherers for fucks sake.
Get the fuck out
WEW
I love all the games till Generals, you're nothing but a goddamn retard son.

People who think that's a legitimate complaint about ASSFAGGOTS are pretty stupid.
I don't even know why people bring it up, it's not like you have to try very hard to find criticisms of these games, if you've spent any amount of time playing them.

Yeah the buzzword is out of control in this thread.

It is actually, I only play vidya with friends that have decent taste.
How does it feel to have no balls and fall for peer preassure like a gal in highschool?

They're all the over the place now user
Mark and the Hotpockets protecting the CRAPCUNTS threads have made them think they are safe here.

Oh look, another one

How can chess players act like their genre takes skill? Also applies to go.

You only have one skill - "place a stone on the board". Too easy tbh fam. The only reason I'm not a go champion is because I hate this shit no skill game.

How does it feel to have no balls and fall for peer preassure like a gal in highschool?

Uh huh, tell me more about your elite cadre of "old school" videogamer friends user?
Can't believe I even took this b8

What, I'm shilling by calling ASSFAGGOTS bad?
Doesn't that make you a shill too?

for (you)

I've never understood this point. Comparing arena shooters to everything, why do that? Just because arena shooters don't get as much attention anymore? On top of that, why stress the skill ceiling when you're playing against other people… You can have mastery of a given character, but if someone's better than you, you'll probably lose. You, of course, will deny that point, but you can't back it up.

was there ever any doubt? just look at the front page on any given day for the past year
no vidya discussion

Company of Heroes and Mount and Blade is pretty good to me.
All that besides the Darkest Hour regiment.
Im sorry you wont believe me though.
But then again, you're a pathetic piece of shit that falls for peer preassur, so I dont really care.

You're so full of shit.

No wonder you're getting banned nonstop to the point that the retards at the overwatch thread gave you a nickname already.

Man, those threads may be cancer but sure is fucking fun to see how hard you try and yet you get banned always. I haven't seen someone as autistic as you in years.

This

Oh look, another one

god damn you really have no idea what youre talking about

Yeah, Im probably leaving soon
This imageboard has given all its got now.
Not even /news/ or Holla Forums is decent nowadays
What shame it had to end like this.

Oh look, another one

In ASSFAGGOTS each hero/champion have a very simple skillset that is as simple as a single WC3 hero so you cant really outplay much as counterpicks matter more in a 1vs1 than personal skill. Not like you can do much with 1 hero with 4 skills (some Dota/LoL heroes have LESS than 4 active skills)

/news/ and Holla Forums got infested with freech and goons, that is what you get when you have shit moderation

Ok then, enjoy your (((Hardcore))) games frogposter.

Let's be real here, you can't even let this thread go, you're not going anywhere.

You're not going to leave, your ego won't let you. Your autism attracts way too many people to call you out.

wew lad, just fresh of the boat eh?
These have been a staple for god knows how long
Except there is. believe it or not user, but most people prepare to play videogames more than talk about them

These are the redditors who perpetuate this board being shit.

Whens the last time any of you have discussed a game made before 2004? On a vidya discussion board?
No, sorry. This is the reddit funnies board where we post silly WEMB VIDEOS HAHA YEAH!

I wholeheartedly agree with you and your assessment of the current quality of this board.
I wholeheartedly disagree with the idea that the gamergate thread isn't welcome here. If you believe that, then you truly deserve to be exiled to somewhere like Halfchan or Reddit yourself, places where that discussion is forbidden.

there's noting wrong with "share threads", are you a kike?

Last night, Silent Hill 1.

You're projecting really fucking hard. I've been in 4/v/ since 2006 and never touched reddit, in fact I found out about reddit because of retards like you calling people out left and right because that shitty webpage is not a thing in my country.

No, you retard, it is because of people like you that boards went to shit pointing out fingers nonstop, derailing threads and just shitposting.
I don't like it hate it so it's not videogames!

maybe he meant CnC 3? That had squads I think.

I just want old school tiberium harvesting. tiberium is spreading across the map, your resource is deadly. Why can't we go back to that?

also
Dota was made before 2004, so anything said in this thread is fine by your retarded logic

no this is just how he always argues. it probably works with his mom

Have you ever even played Dota?
If you win without any game knowledge aside from moving, attacking and knowing how to press Q W E R, then you are playing with retards.
Just because your team carries your mentally handicapped ass to victory and you go 0/18, doesn't mean that you were the cause of victory, it just means your supports and carries did a good job.

It may be arguable exactly how much skill these games take but OP's argument is shit tier
epic

You've never even played them, have you user?

Such a shame
Holla Forums is going the same route by the looks of it.

Shadilay

I quit smoking one day to another user
This wont be half as hard as that was.

No, I am
Maybe when all the trash thats coming from the CRAPCUNTS/ASSFAGGOTS threads mutate this board into the hell thats cuckchan people will be talking about the "brazilian" shitposter.
At least I wont be (215) shilling for a company.

Precisely why you dont belong here
Why do you come here when you could be discussing all manners of shit overhyped overmarketed trendy AAA and F2P games?
I came here because it was fringe and people had some good taste, thats no longer applying, at least not as common as it was 2 years ago.
Part of the reason why Im leaving
Cya

Only now have you realized this?
At least when Heroes of Newerth was the only thing on the genre the community was small was not as cancerous.
Now its a whole new story

That's the problem. All these people crying and whining have never given a coherent argument as to why the games they cry about are bad. They just constantly say "its casual and shit and I don't like it and it should get banned".

What the fuck are you talking about?

No, my argument against him saying
was that he was not the cause of victory, his team was. The enemy team was just really bad and even with him feeding, they could not win.

hey, how do you feel about Skyrim?

So it's not that you're shit at video games, you're just too autistic to co-operate with 4 people for maybe a year to win an event and get a million dollars for free?

So is CRAPCUNTS just a way for companies to just release a multiplayer shooter without having to bother with a single player campaign by dressing it up as intentional? It's not a bug it's a feature, etc?

You do realise that the concept isn't new right? Multiplayer only titles have existed for a while.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I HATE THIS ENTIRE FUCKING PLAYERBASE

At least ASSFAGGOTS tries to balance the game mainwhile Chess meta is stale and the game is imbalanced as well. How would you buff the Ware Opening (1 a4) so it is as viable as other openings? And white have way higher win rate than black

i played 2 CRAPCUNTS games and they have similiar vibe with LoL. It makes my brain activity very low and i felt the closest thing being asleep.

This is the mindset that killed WoW

Are you the resident retard shitting up Paladins and Overwatch threads?
Be honest.

Considering most of them take hundreds of hours to get decent at I am surprised they are popular at all.

Most of the faggots who hate it haven't even played it for more than a couple games and couldn't understand what was going on.

Except they did the complete fucking opposite.

What's the point of playing a game if when you get good at it you realize it's horribly balanced?

Why are they made at all while both /scurv/ and /fs/ exist?

Well, I remember the Master of Magic thread a month ago that lasted for a week.

And there was a Gothic series thread like a week ago.

And there's Drakengard threads like once a week

What the hell happened in this thread? I don't get what there is to really be so mad about? This place is still way better than 4chans Holla Forums was for a long long time.

And this whole well I'm leaving shit is one of most dramatic things you can pull in an online community.

If you want things to be good, you have to build them, not just flip out at everything.

Polite sage since this threads well doomed allready.

This is what killed csgo.

Ask the Melee "community."

We've had constant Touhou threads since this spring, and the oldest two were released on August 15, 1997. The main series has 7 installments from before 2004, not counting spinoffs.

What's an assfaggot and crapcunt?

You mean 1.6 right?

pokemon is SHIT
jesus christ it's the same game every year how do you faggots fall for this every time

Defense of the Ancients, in other words, MOBA.

humorous acronyms. forced memes describing certain games

Hold on a minute, user. Pokemon is a very derivative franchise that is centered around a very repetitive gameplay loop, but you act as if Nintendo doesn't do it's best to add new gameplay features for the sake of keeping things fresh. Now, maybe you don't like those new gameplay elements, but you can't say that they're not trying.
Sure, sure, you can argue that it's just more pointless padding, but at least it's something.

Shit, but videogames.

I think those are the inconsequential filler action he was talking about. logicly you should only click once where the units are supposed to be, but you have to do it 50 times to actualy get it done.

I don't care about ASSFAGGOTS

Its the very idea of "esports" existing is what baffles me.

Esports does not exist, and only exists in Marketing.

This post is shockingly retarded, I refuse to believe it's real

When you attract a massive fanbase that the developer cannot control, that lack of control will have the fanbase shape itself into believing it can actually take enough skill to consider having a pro scene. When you have millions of hopelessly addicted casual gamers that only play these types of games (usually one at a time), they believe that because they're becoming relatively decent at it, it means they're MLG

I didn't even force it, I just posted it twice or thrice and it took off from there
Only recently has its usage surged due to inexplicable surge in frustration against the casauls

People like to bring up "muh queik" because it's almost universally accepted that it's the pinnacle of skill at multiplayer videogames for some reason, so it's typically used as something to measure other mutliplayer games against in terms of skillcap. It doesn't matter what the genre is, if it's multiplayer and even remotely considered competitive there'll inevitably be a comparison.

This was a good thread

Okay but as day9 explains in the video, because of these minor improvements you could make in gameplay from performing these actions you could have players who were better at macro and micro and there was nuance that separated an average player from a pro. Starcraft 2 removed all of these nuances, meaning you no longer needed to click like a freak if you wanted to perfectly control your unit pathing or dodge a scourge or clump your air or hotkey units as they produce, and that's where people get this idea that RTS APM is all about clicking on the spot.

lol nigga are you like one of those redditors who think they are smart with money or something because u a fuckin retard ctfu

because no one on v has enough friends

tfw i build a sick gaming PC for a friend, get everything set up real nice.
he is a total normal fag, he ONLY PLAYS :
hes one of those people who will rage at one game and not play it for months at a time, meanwhile will NOLIFE games, as in, play like over 10 games of CS or LoL in a day one after another non stop
he is into all the current normal faggot animes, and switches his interest everytime something popular comes out, his current fav anime is the new one with the girl with short light blue hair and a maid dress.
this guy has told me he ONLY plays games with a good competitive scene

when i built his pc i even set him up a fully customized, modded and ready to go fallout new vegas, that required no messing with and would just run from a shortcut. he never touched it
it took HOURS to download all of those fuking mods

tldr normal faggots are not gamers no matter what they tell you

There's the issue, he is in common company.

You're either a massive retard or a complete disingenuous asshole. Take your pick.

I think the biggest reason is that the majority of people that play video games these days have jobs and families and other, more pressing commitments that don't allow them to invest the kind of energy that games used to demand.

If you've got a 9-to-5 job, a 5 year old kid and a wife then by the end of the day you're probably not going to be in a position where you want to have to invest 110% of your (rapidly diminished) energy into a game, just to have a shot at beating someone who has been playing from the moment they woke up to the moment they go to bed for the past 22 years.

Hell, I only work part-time and I'm already finding it harder and harder to justify playing certain games that I would have just jumped at when I was younger with unlimited free time, simply because a 100 hour initial skill investment is no longer -just- 100 hours, it's 6+ days off.

I can just imagine the guy who does the translation for this is one of those unwashed smelly weebs who walks around in real life calling people bakas because he thinks it makes him seem cool and worldly. Everyone around him speaks English, but he's got that one word in Japanese that he's pretty sure no one knows.

That would be a valid point if the bread and butter of Assfagots wasn't 12 to 22 year olds with too much time on their hands.

How can [VIDEO GAMES] players act like their hobby takes skill? You just push buttons.

Your English is unnerving and your formatting is weird. You talk like I imagine a skin walker would.
Also
Not going to bring up the usual boogeymen but you ain't from around here aren'cha boy?

I just figured he was memeing.
I thought it was kind of funny.

im not writing for you retard i dont give a shit about formatting go back to reddit faggot

Are you ESL?

I haven't played LoL in years but most of you faggots saying it doesn't require skill wouldn't make it even to Gold 1, let alone Platinum or Diamond

That doesn't require skill. That requires dedication. A mediocre player and enough time gets to platinum, because the majority of the players of the game are shit. It's just that your standards for what is mediocre is way too low. A couple of years ago I got it into my head to validate my own existence by getting into gold and did it off the back of playing maybe 2-3 games a day. My GF made it to platinum while working a full time job.

THIS
it is a simple known fact that the more you play the higher rank you will get no matter how good you are. this applies to almost every game with rankings

Get the fuck out faggot.

these redditors get so salted
i bet they correct people when they use the wrong version of the world YOURE

Nigger you don't have the decency to at least capitalize or use some sort of punctuation and you spew reddit-tier buzzwords and shit. Not even grammar Nazi tier bullshit, I mean you're not even TRYING. If you're gonna be underageb& at least lurk moar before posting. This is some so u tk her 2 da bar tier bullshit.

stay buthurt redditcuck

I love these. They are clearly written by somebody who never lived in a commie or post-commie country, and got all his info from propaganda

Me too. They're great for shitposting.

All buzzwords and no substance. Typical of someone of your underage stature. I have never posted on Reddit in my life and I've probably been shitposting on imageboards for half the time you've been alive.

back to 4cuck

I'm shitposting at the wrong hour.
I'll stop when Mark gets that ice cream cake out of his ass.

Me too. They're great for shitposting.

All buzzwords and no substance. Typical of someone of your underage stature. I have never posted on Reddit in my life and I've probably been shitposting on imageboards for half the time you've been alive.

So, never?

MUH MICRO, MUH APM (aka pointlessly clicking around to increase le epik clicks)
not even f2p can save you

Pretty much.

Yoink! I'll takes those (you)'s bitch. Got anymore for me? I'll be back.

(you)
Go wild.

Have you ever played an RTS competitively against another person? Skirmishes with your friends who don't know how to play don't count.

I respect that a lot, I was seriously getting worried I was the only fucking one who stopped actually going there, I guess there is atleast one other user with principles. I have been getting so fucking tired of people just casually posting screenshots from 4chan post 2014 like it is fucking nothing, 2014 which by the way should have been the last time you have ever been to that website. I mean aside from the occasional person who goes over there to grab an exceptionally cancerous screenshot to bring back to us to laugh at.

Sage for offtopic.

If it doesn't take skill and anyone could do better, why aren't you winning all those juicy prices, Holla Forums?

Gee, I wonder why it is always CRAPCUNTS & ASSFAGGOT threads that plebbitors always flood.

The games are mostly about decision making and reaction speed/precision.
You could make the same argument by saying chess takes no skill because moving the figures is easy or calling a shooter easy because it's just a point and click adventure where you have to click on your opponents head.

That's not true, user. Most of it started out by people who play those games for people who play those games. DotA 1 for example had a marketing budget of about $ 0 and 3 bottles of Vodka.

People have said it a few times (1)
Also players sometimes do quit after they win the world tournament, because they have enough money to pay their way through college. But I guess none of any of what I said counts because I'm not a pro :^)

Why are you wanking on and on about "skill" in videogames? That's like priding yourself on being "skilled" at masturbating.

No wonder you have no sex life or friends.

casual

But it takes no skill, how come finding good people is hard? In fact, in this very thread you have way more than 4 other people who are already experts in this game.
Literally a non-issue. The game takes no skill, so you don't have to train.
What skill level?
Even making $100k/year for a small part time activity is still pretty fucking nice. Combined with your $300k starting salary as a mathematician, you could become a millionaire in no time.

I dunno, this seems like a no-brainer to me. If I could make $100k/year by just mashing a few buttons like a retard every afternoon for one or two hours, I would definitely do it.

you must be really fun at all those parties you get invited to

Yeah nah, fuck off m8

ASSFAGGOTS are shitty games because of their shitty mechanics, tryharding and Skinner Box psychology, but winning at them definitely requires hard training to acquire much needed skill. You would have to be delusional to think you are just not winning all that money because the games are icky and you simply are too exquisite to do something you don't like for a few hours each day

Compared to what, exactly?
You manage more abilities in the average RPG. You manage more units AND abilities in the average tactical game. You manage more units, abilities AND resources in the average RTS, not even a complex one.
90% of the game is reaction speed, learning to play as a team and knowing what to do. There is minimal complex reasoning involved compared to most other games. Not only that, but its usually only about 1.8% of the entire playerbase is in diamond, the highest rank short of the limited Masters and Challenger. Playing 2 to 3 fucking games a day I managed to get myself into the top 25% of all players.

Here's a question user, why is it when I ask
people stop replying? Is it because they know they either have to admit that ASSFAGGOTS take a tenth of the skill, or admit that they've never played something harder.

Generally an attempt has to be made for it to be met with failure, I get the feeling you are someone that would know more about that than I though.

What's with all this ass hurt over ASSFAGGOTS? Sure ASSFAGGOTS takes less skill than RTS games, but blaming them for the RTS downfall is fucking retarded. Why don't we blame CoD for the downfall of arena shooters while we're at it?

autism overload

Playing ASSFAGGOTS competitively takes more skill than Redditor's "Hard Game" Choice: Dark Souls. I would say they also take more skill than many modern shooters.

Your average RPG requires you to fight against the AI, which is often fuck retarded. MMORPG mostly rely on being autistic enough to get the best gear, and while there are more abilities in play, you often just spam them all the time whenever they go out of cooldown.

Tactical games are often turn based with acceptable movement planning types. Not only that, but tactical competitive games are either rare as fuck or pretty much non-existent.

I'm gonna agree, RTS often require a much better mastery of the game to go competitive. It's still one genre of many.

Just like 90% of competitive multiplayer games out there.
Quake actually didn't require much complex reasoning as it did require reaction speed. Nobody seems to complain about Quake being pretty much the father of eSports, though.
>B-but Quake actually requires skill!
It requires good reaction times. ASSFAGGOTS don't depend this heavily on reaction times, but they do require other stuff Quake didn't have
Do you know how ELO works?
Most ASSFAGGOTS have a "lottery" initial ranking in which you can get much ahead of your actual skill level by playing 3 to 5 good games. Playing less helps keeping this rank. Also, in LoL top 25% is Silver. That's fucking nothing

You mean "online" or actually competitively, as in a tournament, let alone an important one? Because I doubt most people here have done the latter, or at least successfully. Most people here just play singleplayer games, anyway.

How about game that is one level?

They are acting this way because there is huge e-sport scene surrounding their game. It is circlejerk of people saying they achieved something by being able to play game well.
While in reality it is just for tournament people to make money and nobody cares about skill or everyone would play Brood War.

How long did you sit there thinking this gem up?

I mean playing an RTS online. Even once. In a game where you've had to manage your resource generation, unit production, upping your tech and the army at hand (including any abilities in your army).
Buddy, you're not understanding, I didn't get placed into gold, I got placed in silver and casually got up to gold playing a couple hours a day. And if silver is 25% of the player base, then I'd be in what, top 15%? Top 12%?
Also the amount of skill that went into tracking information of pickups in Quake is far beyond anything that ASSFAGGOTS challenges you to do, because ASSFAGGOTS tells you it all when you tab/whatever hotkey. Hell, doesn't Dota even tell you when your opponent buys Smoke? Runes and camps spawn on consistent timers etc.

What's the argument here? I am not allowed to call a shit genre shit because I'm not in the top 0.05% of players? That for me to prove that I can validly criticize a game I have to play it for 8 hours a day for an entire year and win the world championship? The world doesn't work that way, champ. No way you try to spin it will these games take more skill than other PvP games.

Yeah, it's hard. Harder than ASSFAGGOTS. Taking a shit when you are constipated is also hard, but I don't go on calling everything else "skillless".
Depends on which season you played, but judging by the fact you are talking about timers in your Tab, I would say you have been playing ASSFAGGOTS very recently. I only have data for when ELO rankings were a thing.

This is actually very recent, if I recall correctly. I think counters appeared in Season 5, and before this, you had to track them manually or with unofficial plugins.

If they didn't, you wouldn't have to track them, because they would be random. Quake also was consistent, in the sense that picking up X type of item started an Y counter.

Oh no, you are definitely allowed to shit on ASSFAGGOTS, as long as you use proper arguments. I love to shit on ASSFAGGOTS as well, but I won't pretend they are a skillless genre. Even you are admitting you require a special kind of autism to be able to get to the world championships.

I find ASSFAGGOTS slightly harder than most FPS, for example. Definitely harder than 99% of MMORPG out there as well. Much easier than RTS, but nobody here said ASSFAGGOTS were the pinnacle of game difficulty, have we?

buzzword is a buzzword faggot lol

Got a new name for the genre.
Egg'n'Spoon Relay.
Because its something that also takes minimal skill, takes pointless hours of practice, relies on four other fucks not to ruin it for you, and there's world class records to compete against.

I'm out of the loop, what genre is CRAPCUNTS? RTS?

t.goon

ASSFAGGOTS are just a devolved version of Gook Clickan Games because the average consumer can't even handle those anymore.

Is this a Nvidea chart?
kek

fps with ASSFAGGOTS char roster

Overcuck and friends

HoN/DOTA2/DoTA in general already prove you wrong. The entry barrier for someone who doesn't know shit about the game(s) is going to ensure you fail miserably, particularly in the case of DoTA (Original/Battlenet).

You will be stomped -hard-.

I know this feeling from Call of Duty 4/Modern warfare 2. Even being the best player in the match with 30 kills no deaths I would still always rage, just for small stuff like bullet misses. The game wasn't fun. A guy from treyarch even said it was the best players that complained about their game the most.

ASSFAGGOTS players display very similar behaviour to me during that state. very angry and irratable(in the bad way), can't take losing at all, quick to blame other stuff like team mates, lag etc. won't take a rest from the game despite destroying most of the furniture in the room from rage.

Difference is… I was a teenager back then. ASSFAGGOTS are doing this unironically as 20 somethings.

Also played paladins since my friend was playing it, it was garbage quit after one match. They have skins that are red when you're on the blue team. free to play, but why would you want to play it?

No, since when did Valve intentionally break the meta every few months in 1.6?