Shit that makes you wonder "what were they fucking thinking?"

Shit that makes you wonder "what were they fucking thinking?"

It looks like it'd be a decent time waster if it wasn't for phones and it wasn't going to be f2p.

Oh shit, I remember that mobile game.

It wasn't terrible, and from what I remember it wasn't P2W.

Found the gamefaqs pleb.

pretty simple really
drakengard is the evangelion of video games
watchers = literally people watching/making the game
mother of the apocalypse = forced ending of the game
end of the game = end of the world
the watchers are bored of/done with the game and decide it needs to end. The protagonist literally fights against his 'god' (the devs) and does it so good he makes it all the way to tokyo and brings the apocalypse meant to end his world to them. Just like that black nigger rap man 'X' or whatever his name is, who delivers things to people.
Caim - 1
Cavia/Humanity - 0 get wrekt nerds
(btw tokyo = tokyo)
and I guess something something game mechanic dissonance as a mechanism to make the player actually feel genuinely bewildered since going from a fantasy world to the real world is somewhat less disorienting for a dude playing a video game than for a broken prince on a dragon.

n.b. not trying to say this is literally what happened in the game lore or canon or whatever other autism, just an explanation for what were they fucking thinking?. They were thinking super meta as fuck, is the answer.

Additional anecdotal evidence, end theme D;
clearly a television shutoff sound can be heard at the end, also potentially an implication of rewinding or returning to the beginning with the reversing track. Although that may just be a reflection of the musical influence with a lot of tracks later in the game playing reversed segments of the earlier tracks.
Again, only to demonstrate the influence/intention of the devs as creators, not necessarily an analysis of the plot

You know her teeth don't even look like part of here mouth anymore, like it's technically a mouth the lips fucks it up so they just look like like exposed cheek bones. Also it makes her look like a gorilla.

The game isn't necessarily terrible, but the many questionable design decisions just stack up.

The only thing they did better were the boss fights. The vehicle sections were neat too, i guess

Wait didn't Bottles die at the start of BK2?

Best song coming through.

If it had voice acting

I played this a bit as a kid. My dad and sister (6 years older than me) couldn't figure out how to play it because they tried to use the arrow keys to move and didn't bother to read the instructions.

At best, they pressed up and down, spun around a lot, and called it "the dizzy game"

Funny that a lot of people have identical memories of being quite confused with the game. Descent is a blast to play with mouse controls on Insane. People say Doom is like a proto-Touhou, but they've never played Descent.

Yes however he is brought back to life at the end because he was hit with a life returning ray

It sounds stupid and not to be taken seriously

These in most games with melee focused combat. I'm talking about games where the fights are usually duels or small group battles, like Chivalry, War of the Roses or PVK.

The mouth is a total disaster zone and not in a good way like the earlier versions. Not only that, but she looked so much smaller and weaker than ever before. And the way she dies in the story is just terrible. Just BITE!

Fucking hell, wasted those sweet triple threes

go and stay go

This game was a victim of 'consolitis'. It came out at a time where devs realized the money was in consoles and made games primarily for them instead of the PC. As such, everything gets dumbed down and you get the pile of shit that was SS2. Deus Ex 2 & Doom 3 were also victims of it.

Every time

in WoW, you can smelt 1 ore to get 1 bar of the same type, makes no sense I know but whatever. in the original game, however, bars stacked to 20 like pretty much every other item but ores stacked only to 10.

the only reason I can think of is to keep farmers from being able to stay out in the wilderness as long.

Well, that is probably the reason. Any item in MMOs and their stack size are about forcing you back into a populated zone every now and then. Unless the MMO no longer cares about player interaction or provides player interaction in a better way.

Its why bags are the size they are, why some items don't stack while others stack to enourmous numbers and so on. Those are things you have to think about if you decide to be an actual "designer guy" for a game. Sadly most people believe game design means pointing out another game and one obvious flaw while presenting a potential, not well thought out, fix and thats it.

Eat shit faggot

the stacks for any other item that would require a town to convert, and even those that don't, are all 20 though. it's just ores.

That could have tons of reasons. Perhaps the number of ores you need for most items is about half that of other trade skills. Maybe ores spawn more frequent, so they need to force you to move back somehow. Perhaps most people take mining and thus the towns look busier if the miners are forced back more often.

There are a great number of reasons why one might chose a certain limit for a certain item.

except once again, no for all of those things. leather is the most abundant, herbs require the most items to convert into goods and ore nodes respawn just as fast as anything else, which is slower than enemies for skinning or tailoring.

it's just arbitrary.

LoS was a bland uninspired mess that did nothing that hundreds of other games did in the same genre. The only people that defend it are the same people that eat up any of the copy-pasted AAA tripe that gets constantly shit out.

I am not saying that their reason was good, but they will have had some reason which they believed was ok. And given they would also have the data to check against, I have to assume that they were ok with the choice they made. Stack sizes are there for a reason, even if its a shitty reason.

Also keep in mind that leather could be converted into better leather, which might give a good reason to give bigger stack sizes (if you expect a player to not be a high enough combat level for the next mob that drops better leather, but they could still make a few items that demand higher level leather). Or whatever else. MMOs generally have a lot of thought put into things like inventory management because its such a huge part of the game, so its very likely they had a good reason to make the stack sizes what they are.

Except saints row 3 is the best of the series.

NO GAMES

Lips don't even begin to work like that.

mileena was prettier with the gaping, jagged shark maw

how the fucking hell do you manage make somebody uglier by trying to make them sexy

boggles the damn mind

you must be a miserable sack of shit

I'll bite out of pity

SFV Ken's face and hair