So I've been thinking of buying Deadly Premonition because it seems like a fun game to play around Halloween...

So I've been thinking of buying Deadly Premonition because it seems like a fun game to play around Halloween. However I'm not sure if I should buy the directors cut or the original version. On one hand the director's cut seems to be a lot cheaper than then the original, and is available on a wider selection of platforms. But on the other hand the Director's cut seems to change a lot of important story beats, so I'm not sure if I'm getting the best version of the story. I'm also aware that the Japanese version of the original game comes on both the 360 and PS3, though that copy may not come in time for Halloween, not to mention expensive. So which one should I get; the original or the director's cut?

just get the director's cut

Okay thanks.

I only played the director's cut, but I've heard that it messed up something about the time limits on the side quest to force the game to be more linear.

All the console versions have horrible FPS issues. The PC port doesn't but… it's horrible in countless other ways. Needing to run on Windows 98 compatibility mode is one of them.

it's not always a bad thing you know, DP is not great as an open world adventure..

I don't think Director's Cut changes much of the story outside of adding a few new cutscenes, so if you're worried about the story being vastly different, you should be fine.

Whatever you do, don't play the Director's Cut on PS3. While the original 360 version isn't pretty to look at, the PS3 version is even worse (especially regarding framerate).

Can't really talk about the PC version all that much as I barely played it (up to chapter 2) but as other anons stated, it's a finicky piece of work and prone to crash.

So 360>PC>PS3

Nah, Director's Cut doesn't fuck with the game in any bad way. The few added segments aren't very intrusive, and they're placed so that they fit pretty well with what happens in the story. Not to mention that Director's Cut makes combat way easier with better controls (which is HUGE because Deadly Premonition doesn't have good gameplay; the only reason you would ever play it is for the story and characters.) A lot of the enemies in the non-Director's Cut were damage sponges, so trust me, you definitely want the Director's Cut.

The PC version is fine, and the best out of all of them for the most part. You just gotta get it to run first.

The biggest issue is that you have to restart your computer every couple of hours after playing it because the game has a bug in it involving how it dumps textures and after you play for a few hours it would make most machines start chugging.

The game is not a survival horror and is not for turbopleb trash that need to play crap in certain days of the year

that don't sound fine

Don't buy it, pirate it first. The game has bugs and glitches that are gamebreaking out the ass.

This as well. It's Twin peaks the Game, if you didn't like twin Peaks you won't get much out of this. Basically with the issues all versions of the game have, you're almost better off looking at a walkthrough for the plot and dialogue.

360 version runs fine. Ps3 version is horribly laggy.

This game is pure garbage

A classic meme game

Dont fall for it

its ok kid

What games would you guys recommend to play during Halloween?

Horror games are welcome but honestly I'd also be cool with more cartooney games with a spooky theme to them as well.

lakeview cabin collection is probably the greatest love-letter to slasher horror I've ever played.

Dreadout
SH 1-4
Resi 1-4
Parasite Eve
Clocktower 1-3
Layers of Fear
Deadspace1/2
Alan Wake
Pathologic
System Shock 1/2
Condemened 1/2
FEAR
Haunting Ground
Penumbra
Manhunt 1/2
Doorways
Scratches

Are you sure about that ? Or is it just because the process has a memory leak and doesn't end ? Becasue that sounds like a problem a retard would have.

okay reddit

It's hardly the most intrusive thing. It's only a hassle if you're planning to play for like 6 hours straight. Aside from that it runs mostly fine unless you're on a toaster, but that's a given.

I'm trying to remember it exactly, but basically the game doesn't delete textures properly after it loads them or something like that. There is a big image explaining how to run it because the game was basically made on windows 98 for the PS2 before being ported to the PS3 and then the 360 and finally to PC. It's a huge mess.

You should check out the Suffering games

Fellate a gun you tryhard