ITT: Forgotten vidya franchises

ITT: Forgotten vidya franchises

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Rosen_(businessman)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'd fucking take an HD Remaster at this stage.

I have a hard time liking you, SEGA.

New game ever ever.

You were too good for this world, RIP.

Let's skip the formalities and stab directly where it hurts the most, shall we?

Vectorman isn't that good

Vectorman 2 is not that good, but Vectorman 1 is fucking awesome and if you disagree fuck you and your fat wife.

Hi, I'm Sega. I rather be a good goy and let Randy Pitchford steal money from me and give a paycheck to Anthony Burch than develop games you actually want to fucking play, you gaijin piggus!

Well, SEGA was founded by actual Jews in Hawaii so I don't really know what people were expecting

Jesus Christ, rest in peace all these games.

Power Stone. Shame it died on the PSP.

Wait, some of these don't make any sense.

Yakuza is still going strong, Vanquish might get a PC release at some point and also it's nobody's fault that it can't get a sequel, Shinji Mikami left PG so what the fuck were they supposed to do?

PSO died due to natural causes, it was simply replaced by MH (but yes i do agree that sega handled the new iteration poorly, i just think it wouldn't have been that popular no matter what they did right now, it's simply obsolete).

Shenmue 3 as far as i know is still being developed, but i expect it to be inferior to the lastest Yakuza games overall, wich is reasonable to assume as Yakuza had years to perfect itself.

It's not a bad game. But I don't see why people talk about it as if it was as good as a game like Contra: Hard Corps for example.

Shenmue is better than Yakuza. The characters and the environment truly feel alive.

RIP Ridge Racer
;_;

Characters, environment and music wise, yes.
Gameplay, minigames, amount of shit to do wise, Yakuza is better.

Just give me PC ports and I'll be satisfied.

Fuck Capcom, and fuck Konami.
Actually, I'm OK with this. I don't want to see the games I loved raped beyond recognition.
But still, FUCK KONAMI!

Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown will be included in Yakuza 6.
Like, it's actually in the game, wich is kinda awesome.

I know, just like VF2 was in the previous game.

I've never actually played Yakuza, is it actually good, or is it overrated? Which is the best one, gameplay wise?

The fact that most kiddies know samus more than metroid is depressing. Also, pic related.

I know that feel user, Ridge Racer Type 4 was my first racing game for the Ps1 when i was a kid and never skip that awesome intro whit this chick.

Atleast we still can emulate the game, that's something r… right ?

God damn I miss Rival Schools. Why even live?

5 but start with 1 because they are all worth playing. I heard that the psp spin off is getting a fan translation too.

Didn't they bring back Ridge Racer during the PS3 era and everyone, especially Holla Forums, made fun of it?
After that collective reaction it's not really surprising that they aren't touching it anymore, isn't it?

Damm i forget about that, i dont remember to well but yeah they release another Ridge Racer/Burnout mix that nobody give a shit about it cause it was just awfull.

>tfw they've made Ridge Racer into a laughing stock and forced Namco to westernize the franchise
Thanks Holla Forums.

I didn't make them. Although, Sega did fuck up Yakuza 3 here in the States.

It hurts, Holla Forums

Question : how can a company fuck up such a big potential game whit a dedicated community
in just 2 years after its release ?

Bot dev and editor are French

:^)

I didn't want to feel like this.

We live to suffer Anons. We live only to suffer.

I'd prefer regular Gauntlet Legends on Nintendo 64.

Why? DL is better on every way

even godhand got a psn release

is that a moba?

Why people are still buying Capcom shit?

Btw i was pointing out why Legends was worse.

Dark Cloud 3 never ever

The current video games generation is poor, because they don't have games like these anymore.

Think about all those single titles, which copied movies esthetics, but had good solid game mechanics and didn't overstay their welcome.

You are making me feel user, i dont come to Holla Forums to feel.

;_;

Fuck modern gaming

Sad times.

Both of these.

White Knight Chronicles was their attempt at a Dark Cloud 3 and it was complete garbage.

I'm convinced Level 5 don't actually know how to make good games and have just gotten lucky with a few titles between all the mediocre garbage.

You're doing god's work, user.

Love them both, but the first one is the perfect amalgamation of aesthetic, music, gameplay, story and characters.

This could be revived into something so great

What's worse is trying to think of forgotten franchises and remembering the odd series that didn't completely die, but it's reincarnation was so awful you wish it stayed buried. Like Dungeon Keeper. Or Thief.

I try to keep some awareness of both series going here in various threads, and Wild Arms 1, 2, 3, and XF at least have PSN versions for better availability. But at this point Wild Arms is dormant (Media.Vision says they've never considered dead; probably just been a matter of Sony owning the IP and deciding to not do anything with it anymore), Shadow Hearts is outright dead, and both have never been all that popular compared to various other series (though it does surprise me a bit that with both series the west, or US anyhow, saw every single game in them, while with other much more popular series certain entries never came over until remakes/ports were made, or were left overseas entirely).

Unless they're planning to let Vanillaware/Atlus work with Golden Axe, I think current Sega should stay away from the idea of trying to do something with the classic franchises.

That was made by treasure and even got a gba port.

Might be wrong, but I don't think the GBA one is a port.

I've honestly wondered if maybe the reason why there was never a second Skies of Arcadia game has had to do with someone at Sega knowing they'd never be able to make a new entry as good as the original, considering how hit or miss Sega can be.

at this point point i'm not sure if it would be worse to let it remain dead or see it come back as pokemon-go

GBA one is a "hd remake" without multiplayer
Still pretty fun.

That last picture wants me to smash my Sega.

Still hurts.

Fuck Blizzard

I want a new lost vikings. Game is legitimately awesome.

Yakuza is pretty damn good man, more so if you liked Shenmue or just the concept of a story driven beat-em-up with RPG elements and tons of side quest and extra content to fuck around in. I play the very first one when it came out and loved it so much I've been buying them ever since even though I haven't had the time to play them. Finally getting around to it and the series just gets progressively better as it goes along. I suggest starting on 1 as the other user said (mostly because 1 is great and it's hard to go back after you play later games with combat system improvements).

It's just a terrible movie game with no gameplay. And the gameplay that is there is phone-game depth combat.

BLESZINSKI YOU HACK WHERE'S JAZZ JACKRABBIT

I just want them to do an HD remaster of the original games, is that so much to ask?

once he's done his vore tournament ripoff so he will have another reason to not work with UT4

god damnit

It's Namco-Bandai. Be careful what you wish for, Mr. "I haven't learned my lesson despite GU being less interesting and every game after it being abysmal"

My nigga.

Might have been crap but I loved Eternal Champions. If it were developed by people that don't have the autistic fixation of giving every character 30 special moves, it could have been good.

+1 on SoR, Onimusha, RS and RR. Still, I partly agree with the idea that it's probably for the better that these things came to an end.

On my end, I'd add Darkstalkers and Soulcalibur but with [CURRENT YEAR] Capcom and how rushed SC5 was, again, it might be for the best to let them rest in peace.

Now there's references that tickle my fancy.

Lets keep it this way too.

I remember that being an absolutely wonderful game. And cheesing the fuck out of the flash power to gain more flash.

I kind of wish that a capable individual would produce that fan sequel that someone had practically an entire design laid out for. It was beautiful.

Namco did give Asbel a Haseo outfit in Tales of Graces f too, but they never deigned it worth their time to clear to bring west.

P-POWERFUL
HOW PAINFUL

Anyone know if the PSP collection of it any good?

Indeed.

Wait, you mean you didn't want to smash it before?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Rosen_(businessman)

The game does not work on the small screen with how the camera works. stick with the dreamcast version

>tfw Nintendo of America has NEVER brought the fairies to America (aside from Smash), and may use the "muh misogynist loli appeal" excuse to not touch them
>tfw the last games in the series were shitty, casualized shells of their former selves

JUST

Goddamn the boss of that game was bullshit. Fuck the Eternal Champion and his eternal yin yang power bar while keeping yours depleted.