17fps even on PC version

Why do people like this game again?

What game are you talking about?

MEMES

checked

The 17 fps is due to them not optimizing the game for the PC and literally doing a quick port. Miyazaki confirmed that it wasn't going to be a true port, and that fans might not like that, but that Dark Souls II would be treated much better. And it was. And then Dark Souls III was done perfectly on PC, net code runs better than on PS4 or Xbone.

Silly, silly OP. Of course, because it's the MOST Difficult and Challenging Game (tm) ever! Only the purest men could even comprehend the complexity of such a masterpiece.
Basically narcissism I guess

Yeah I've installed this shit again but still have had no will to start it back up

Game controls like dog shit and its gameplay is like an AAA version of Kaizo Mario where yeah once you know where shit is its easy peasy, till then its cheap deaths: The game

And like you said shit hitboxes where you're hit well past the enemies polygon edges etc

I dunno…it's fun

lol

Nice try.

This was the game that changed its recommended requirements to the minimum requirements just a few weeks before launch? The one with all of the day one bugs and refunds?

It probably started sooner but from my perspective that whole "bullshit is just good hardcore game design" horseshit started with I Wanna Be The Guy but was bred by people who think the shitty design of old NES games was actually great design and not just there to make the playtime longer than it should be/designing a home game like the quarter muncher arcade games of the past

Kaizo probably came first and there were probably others but I can't see everything yo

You did imply it. The subject was the PC version of the game, not the game in general.

Explain further. I know you're memeing but at least mention specifics.

100% incorrect

I want to hear the one about how this piss easy game is too hard again.

user stop being a retard. I said "even on the PC version." which also means I'm including the console version.

I actually never liked dark souls.

I thought demons souls was pretty cool, but never got to finish it due to my ancient used ps3 dying.

But dark souls was seemingly sold primarily to the Xbox crowd. Dude bros, hardcore kiddies, the call of duty crown ect. This weird meme about "games finally being hard again" and broken 360 controllers just dominated the internet.
All while PC gamers pissed and moaned about how shit it was, but petitioned the fuck out of from software for a port.

After that it was all 10/10, git gud, gotyayey and meme shit up the ass. Because of that I never wait be anywhere near dark souls 2.

But bloodborne was my cup of tea. And I only tried that because I have always been a fan of the tenchu franchise.

MEME GAME

YOUR ENTIRE LIFE IS A MEME

Whoa check out this cool snowflake guys.

You commented on
The context of that sentence was the PC version, specifically, if you read the whole sentence.

Basically same as saying "Dark Souls II's PC port will be much better."
If you're referring to another comment you made, you have some issues understanding that arguments have context. This one was about that thing in particular. You can keep the "retard" title to yourself.

And people wonder why video games are bad now?

Because;
It's not a hard game, but there is room for mastery of mechanics. The story was straight forward if you paid attention but nobody hit you over the head with it. There was enough variety in both roleplaying choices and build choices that the game afforded replayability. As an experienced player you could choose to avoid or skip certain sections using knowledge you gained from trying different things. Bosses are often straight forward and have some form of teaching before you reach them. For example;

It's a simple combat system that allows for a large variety of depths in builds for both PvP and PvE in a game that also has a solid generic fantasy story.

I dunno user, did you find you had a hard time with the 'platforming' sections of the game? Did you have a hard time overcoming the 'glitches'? Did you have a hard time dodging? What RNG kept you down?

Why would I accept your title user?

I assume it was mostly the framerate, because everything else was fucked.

Wanna spot a Sonygger? Let them keep talking until they out themselves.

You earned it.

I would have liked for Bloodborne to have 60FPS at least, it looks OK but it makes it easier to not be able to play it (that is, no PS4)

why do I even come here anymore

I ask myself that question all the time. Then I realize it's because I have little else going on in my life.

Don't pretend that a reviewer not 'gitting gud' wasn't ever a problem.

I dunno user. I would recommend reddit. They don't like constructive talk about video games either. You'd fit right in!

(witnessed)
That's not what I'm saying. I'm just saying people didn't seem to know when to draw the line.

To talk to me

Nice trips.

Reminds me of a similar picture where Parasite Eve was "rather short" despite being around 12 hours according to the reviewer and then doing damage control years later for the short campaign in a CoD game, not sure if it was MW3 or BLOPS.

I never understood people who actually buy COD games for the singleplayer. COD singleplayer is tertiary tier at best. Remember that one COD game where the game has a literal script for killing the bad guy that ends the game with the best ending, so that at the very beginning of the game you could kill that general and get the best ending right away? 30 second speedrun.

Are you sending me to the reddit? really? none of the points made in the OP make any fucking sense except for the fps one

Maybe try playing the game then before joining a thread discussing why it's shit.

why are you implying I didn't play Dark Souls?
now I know you are having a laugh from the other side of the screen
but srsly
why do you shit up this board?
why do you feel the need to shitpost
I don't understand

the thing is, if you look at all the advertisements and overall marketing you will notice how the game gets its campaign as the main selling point in that regard, so it is no surprise that more and more people kind of go expecting that "epic" single player campaign, it is not until you know the franchise a little better.

Opinion discarded.

I think that the people who latch onto the 'git good' mentality don't play much of the games they talk about. It's harder to give a detailed explanation when you're parroting someone else's opinion.

srsly?

orly?

Yes.

kill urself tbh fam

Checked.

You're
Either that or they're the pro players for SFV that have to shill the ever loving fuck out of it so they can make those sweet twitch bucks.

It's important to remember that just because you can master a game, that doesn't make the game good. Also to not trust fans who benefit from the success of the game they're shilling.

What game are you talking about?

Get DSFix you fucking pleb. It doesn't fix everything but it fixes the overall issues with poor framerate.

I don't know what game you thought I was talking about, but I was speaking generally.

Try fighting Gwyn with the game running at 60 fps. For whatever reason, the only animation in the game that doesn't get normalized is Gwyn's attack animations.

Bitch was hoping for special treatment and instead got fucked in the ass. I love justice.

I mean, I'm sure you know this, but you know that's an Onion News Network webm, right?

I'm too drunk to care user just let me believe a judge could be that based for one night.

Fair enough.

Even if everything you claim was objectively true, Dark Souls would still hold a special place for me because of how deliberate the gameplay feels and how bleak the atmosphere is.
It just seems unique to me, plus it kind of reminds me of Blade of Darkness, and I loved that as a teen.

Stuff the spaghetti back in your pocket, you're embarrassing yourself. You may as well be checking your own digits.

The only bullshit I encountered in that game was Capra demon. In the first two tries I had no diea what's going on. I went it and the stupid piece of shit dogs stopped me and I got killed.

Then I figured out I was meant to run on the stairs, hit capra demon, jump down, repeat. So I am meant to abuse that glitch because the pathfinding is glitched and you really had to be careful with the dogs.

I think it had poor level design at that part, but other than that I can say it's a hard game. Assuming you're not one of those faggots who looks up on walkthrough online and reads up guides/builds before finishing the game.

There's other strategies, you know. When you go through the Undead Parish they give you an item called an alluring skull on a ledge. If you throw that alluring skull as soon as you enter the boss arena the dogs get distracted, so they don't get in your way, then you can either kill them or ignore them.

Pic unrelated?

Well, as a new player you can miss that. I just wish that they would have made Capra come first and then put the dog upstairs so you have a chance to see they're coming, that's it.

Dark Souls runs well now thanks to dsfix

Dark Souls 2 SotFS runs pretty well but it's a shit game

Dark Souls 3 runs okay

My problem with the dogs is that they like to dogpile you (no pun intended) and it can mean being stuck in place so that Capra can easily swing you to death just like that. As a result I no longer run through on Capra's left, because there's a corner where the dogs can easily snag you for Capra.

oh dear, I only just started playing it and I know that 17 fps is bullshit. DSFix is broken with the 60fps but I get the solid framerate across the board with my mid-tier rig.
the fuck does that even mean?
So far, all the enemies have proper weak points and whatnot. Honestly, there isn't even that much challenge past the first playthrough.
The i-frames are a weird but welcome gameplay mechanic instead of generic ass creed type shit.
with some drops but it's not an issue, I have no idea what you mean by this

I think this is just a bait thread. DS1 is far from the "perfect game" but then again none of the GOATs are anywhere NEAR perfect, and are usually completely flawed. I think the matthewmatosis vid is the best way to look at the game in all honesty, despite being pretty biased at some moments.

DS2 more accurately describes that, the marketing of DS1 gives the illusion that everything is out to get you

Let me clarify on the RNG aspect. I think he's trying to say that because enemies will just string together combos at random from a given pool of moves, that some enemies have the tendency to spam bullshit attacks. For instance, the Four Kings have an AoE attack that does tremendous magical damage and that has a very wide radius; they can sometimes do that shit three or four times in a row, which makes fighting them more of a pain in the ass than it needs to be. It's not as big a problem as OP is trying to imply, but it's well known that OP he's a faggot.

Definitely bait then, the "hitbox bullshit" would be a way bigger issue than general boss RNG. Having a boss do a set pattern of moves is retarded.

On the story bit, he's trying to imply a story heavily obfuscated by little information that exists only in item description and having to guess on somethings is the same as gutting virtually everything last minute and throwing it on a website for you to read later. Is it just me being retarded, or is it implying Destiny came out prior to the first DaS?

Yeah, I can see how you could come to that conclusion. Anyway, Destiny was one of the most expensive games ever created, that boasted a star studded celebrity cast that got paid way too fucking much for nothing. Destiny failed because they promised so much more than what they delivered. Dark Souls had a fraction of the development cost, and was created from the beginning with the intention of crafting a narrative that can only be pieced together by collecting enough shreds of information to draw sketchy and incomplete conclusions.

They're not the same, and yes, this whole thread was bait.

It would not make sense in the game for random npcs to tell you the lore of the game.

Acquire skill

We all fell for it.

Things can be said and done in a way that imply things you can throw into lore, even if it's in part speculation.

Nigger go learn English.

NOT IMPLYING YOU HAVE NO ENGLISH COMPREHENSION I'M MAKING A FUCKING STATEMENT.

I feel that there's an influx of cuckchan posters here trying to fuck this board up.

Threads like this have been popping up daily for the past few weeks, when they were not very frequent in the past.

We get it, your board is shit, but we don't want your shit here.

What game?

It's piss easy, just like the rest of the game, what's your point?

You don't need to lie, it's a shit game even though I get a steady 60fps.

Dark souls is overrated shit

overrated but still good, fuck you man go lick firesage's butthole

because if a game kills you it's hard and if you dispute a hard game you are bad at all video games

level design is objectively good some eat shit

Why ;__;

that's some great evidence there

Contrarianism doesn't make you cool. Dark Souls is and always was 6/10, which is still infinitely better than the common trash.

“That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.” (Christopher Hitchens).

But GH is shit doe

The thing about counter claims is that you aren't removed from proving your side with evidence just because someone else can't give evidence; that phrase is to dismiss people who make claims without backing it up, but when you are also claiming something, a polar opposite in fact, you need some grounds to say so or it can be refuted just as simply. the logic loop there ends when you decide also to not try and prove your baseless claim.

so the last one to speak wins i see, lets get it on

Are you talking about some game you played or something?
Because the only time I got frame drops in Dark Souls was on blightown, and that was after using that one HD graphics mod.

Plus, I have a toaster so yeah.

Elder Souls 2 when?

Read the post, retard.

Ran at 30fps on my marginally decent machine, sorry you had a bad experience with that. It sucks even having to play it at 30, but the glitchiness of running it at 60 just didn't work for me.

As for hitboxes, I don't recall Dark Souls having many hitbox issues, not even near the number that Dark Souls 2 did. Bed of Chaos is the only boss I can remember that had legitimately bad hitboxes; those wild sweeping arm attacks.

A lot of the challenge comes from good design and using enemy placement and environments well. This becomes noticeable more in Dark Souls 2 where there was a lot of backtracking and corridors just filled with enemies.

I will fully admit that I dislike that enemies can attack through walls and you can't. But even though I dislike it, I do notice when it is designed to be that way. The Capra fight is one that a lot of people call out for poor design but I think it's a brilliant encounter.

I can't recall a level designed for platforming, can you tell me what part you're thinking of?

And I don't understand what you mean by "same story shit as Destiny". I never played Destiny so I don't get the reference at all.

What specifically are you referring to when you say RNG?

It's weird to read these complaints because almost all of them sound like they are intended for Dark Souls 2.

I get 60 fps with 1080 res and some higher resolution textures. Stop playing games on a piece of shit.

Would you believe I haven't beaten it yet?
It keeps becoming uninteresting after I get through lower blight-town.

Despite all the shards and soul-levels I gather, it still takes 5 hits to kill any stage enemy, so it feels like I'm doing something wrong.

I find it hilarious that games like Undertale, Mincraft, TF2, and the like are made with minimal teams (in some cases 1 person), minimal budget, and minimal time yet are amazing sellers, yet so many companies keep trying "lets throw tons of money and 90% of it marketing" and failing. Yet they keep doing it.

you poor, poor soul
i've never even SEEN the other half of blighttown and i have over a hundred hours, 3 games cleared

So how the fuck do you farm Black Knights? I'm trying to get the Black Knight Halberd, but the fucker doesn't respawn. Am I seriously supposed to make a new character every time?

true

undertale was the best rpg made in the past 10 years if not 20 years

You either get lucky with the RNG or you farm the respawning knights near the end of the game. Speed runs that require a certain weapon have them restart if it doesn't drop. You can also improve your drop rate by increasing your humanity and equipping certain items.

Probably because these companies are run by retards in a suit who don't know shit about gaming besides reading that it was a huge industry with lots of money being thrown around. These idiots use the same lazy business thinking that doesn't work at all in gaming. If you were working in the soda industry and said "oh look, monster has a new can design and people are responding well to it. let's incorporate that into our product", that would make sense. If you said "people really love COD's multiplayer. let's scrap the multiplayer that we had and remake it exactly like COD", that's fuckin retarded. Anyone remember all the FPS games that had original multiplayer and when the sequel came out they changed it to a reskinned COD, like crysis 2. probably not because who would give a shit about a COD clone when you can just play COD.

I wonder what these suits even do on a day-to-day basis since clearly they're not coming up with original ideas. I imagine they sit around forever until the "next big thing" comes out and then they get the development team to copy it as fast as possible, like paladins after overwatch.

Uh, yeah actually.

Unless you wanna wait until the final area where every flavor of Black Knight spawns.

Why do you need it so badly? Any of the BK weapons are pretty decent early on, but you could also just as easily go get the Zwei from the graveyard and be set right from the get-go.

I think the majority of them are investors whose main job is to stick as many thumbs into as many pies as possible hoping the profits out weigh the losses.

It sure looks like Tumblr and Reddit came here today!