Dragon's Dogma Online may come to the West

archive.is/nkhP3

No sequel confirmed

woww thank u Capcrum u always deliver what the fans wanted :^)

Looks like the rumors of them testing the waters with the PC port may have been partially true.

I'm cautiously excited.

I don't understand how anyone can expect anything good from capcom after how they handled SFV

you shouldn't be, the MMO is pretty god awful.

doesn't Dragon's Dogma already mostly focus on the gear? If you have end-game gear at high level, at any level, you're unstoppable.

That's a damned shame.
Guess all we can do now is wait for Capcom to release Deep Down
:^(

Online is already a sequel, and it is much better than the first game.
Fucking burgers.

Not really, level does a good bit, sure gear helps but the difference between a level minmaxed character and a random is pretty large for most vocations

Is Capcom going the way of Konami? I thought they were getting their shit together, but then SFV was a fiasco, everyone thought they were making DMC5 but it just turned out to be pachinko/mobile trash, then we have DD which will be another mismanaged series. Fuck, even though I've only played the original game on PS3, I still have a lot of love for it. I wish they'd release Dark Arisen on the PS4 at the very least

Capcom are baffling at every level, nothing they do makes sense.

fuck off capcom

You're just mad foreigner pig that's to illiterate to play a game not "localized" in your region.
Enjoy your censorship and cut content, goy.

I said fuck off capcom. Also keep your shitty MMO

rip

God fucking dammit capcom

You know guys, having always online requirement doesn't automatically makes game an MMO.
You should at least watch gameplay vids before spouting bullshit.

Capcom is not welcome here

Is there a glimmer of hope that they'll make Dragon's Dogma 2 anymore?

shoo shoo capcom. Next you'll say there is nothing wrong with the Monster Hunter Frontier series

What's wrong with Frontier series?

Anime as fuck with tons of monsters having area targeted attacks that do max damage so… that's fun.

I pirated dark arisen last week. It sucked. You people have pathetic taste. You'd drink toilet water if it was Japanese.

If there was any justice in the world, we would already have one, and probably another by now.

DD is imperfect as fuck, but with a little refining and polishing, it could be the best damned action RPG ever made.

So you just suck?

no, attacks that you have to farcaster out of.
Like Tower except the entire arena just explodes and your superflop Iframes don't last long enough.

Something that I have been thinking is that, do we even want to have a sequel at this point? even if they just reiterate on the systems from DD:DA we dont have any guarantee that they wont fuck it up, hell I would even go has far has betting that they will fuck it up, and we'll end up with just another shit sequel.

The biggest problems;
Monster design; Take a pre-existing monster or subspecies and add a fuck load of spikes to it. Now switch the element and paint it a different color. But wait you forgot to add a bunch of massive AOE and to awkwardly insert a move from an entirely different monster.

Drop rates; You liked 1% drop rates for items? Well guess what? Now there is .000001% drop rates on monsters. But don't worry goy, just pay for a few tickets to increase the drop rates with actual money.

Weapons; they just gave up on the balance and tonfas are broken as shit.

I'm playing DD Online right now and I'm having a pretty good time. I hope they do bring it over.

Having hopelessly low standards does have it's benefits I guess

The difference is pretty minor, actually.

It's a 600 magic point difference if a guy plays fighter for 200 levels decides to play sorc.

But DDO is a shitty lifeless grindfest ripe with progression gating.

Nothing periapts can't fix.

Periapts were just broken as fuck. 4x to any stat, 10 second Daemon form 2 with any class.
I don't think you can really say 600 points is a small difference when the best archstaff in the game gives 1700

Fuck me, that's good.

Most likely not.

On the other hand, I have got to try that shit out in that Webm.

The biggest issue with DDON is that the C team has no fucking clue how to do endgame. While this is true of just about every modern online game, DDON's endgame is particularly bad in terms of both quality and quantity of endgame content.
One area they tend to really fall flat on their faces is grand missions. Even with level 70 gear currently available, it's still a miracle to beat the gold dragon, a level 60 boss. This is just god fucking awful balance. The same thing happens with just about every grand mission. They seem to be balanced for a gear level 10 or more levels higher than the cap at the time they're released.

git gud

I've always thought their original intent was to make an MMO and the single player version was released to test player reception of some of the concepts like combat, gear grinding etc and part of the netcode. The original game definitely felt a bit like an offline MMO with the only online component being pawns and a raid boss.

No thanks. Call me when they give me a sequel. The last thing I wanted in Dragon's Dogma was for it to be always online, with pawns replaced by mouthbreathing retards. The average pawn on PC is smarter than the majority of human players I've played videogames with.

As opposed to what? Biocuck? Asscreed? Or, Satan forbid, Failout 4?

i play professional games kid, like DOTA.

You imbeciles just don't deserve good things.
Keep crying.

If you're playing with randoms you only have yourself to blame.

Ok

Capcom go and stay go

I told you to go and you're still here Capcom. Nobody will fall for your tricks today

So no counter argument?

All fucking Capcoms must fucking hang

if you have a smug anime folder, please click on this webm

You think I've kept myself sane this far arguing with shills and kikes? The game isn't as good as DDDA, so it isn't the same game at all

I've never played DDO so there's something that has always bothered me. How the fuck does the ending of Dragon's Dogma work with the story of DDO? Is it retcon galore?

DDO is not directly related to DD as far as story/lore is concerned.

DDO is shit and shits all over the previous game as though it doesn't exist. I'd rather play DDDA a thousand times over instead of playing a shitty watered down grindfest pay to win piece of trash. How fucking dare capcom ruin what had the potential to be a new series that didn't suck ass gameplay-wise.

The whole point of the thread is that instead of making the sequel to the single player game, they squirted out an MMO that nobody really wants aside from normalfags. The faggots who went as far as making English patches and setting up gayjin guilds in it did so because they liked the original game, if I didn't have retarded internet I would have tried it too if only to see what is so shitty about it.

But do you play foreign games? Just because the Witcher gayms were made by Europeans don't mean those're foreign.

So it's literally Dragon's Dogma Online.

Please you're dealing with the people who couldn't handle shitposting so hard they fled from Holla Forums made a dead general on /vg/ and now only talk to each other on steam.

And you're missing my point.
DDO is for all intents and purposes is DD2, but oh surprise, you can't fucking pirate it and are too fucking dumb to get into jap version.

With gimped vocations.
And removing Vocation vs base level split
And making it into a generic MMO with the holy trinity
And Introducing a mechanic that's literally just there to waste time
And having area grinding
And having time gated crafting
And having Stats tied to gear only
And removing pawn teaching in favor of having it just be flat AI.

k

DDO isn't a sequel, but fine baiting operation you got going on here. DDO isn't a substitue for a proper DD2, DDO isn't what DD:DA fans want or need. DDO is an afterthought that Capcom is now trying to push because SFV failed hard. They want to exploit Dragon's Dogma fans with shit they already made but hoped nobody would notice, because they knew how little care and effort was put into it. And it shows, because DDO does not tie in to the story of the original in any way, its a shallow knock-off made by a development team so fringe it might as well have been outsourced.

Wasn't DDO good? I think it was praised once here in Holla Forums and I was starting to get some hopes for it.

What did went wrong? I'm already sad for the big disappointment Black Desert Online was.

Story wise it isn't, but as a video game it is THE worthy sequel, improving every single aspect of the original AND having more content. Stay salty.

Literally sour grapes.

Basically what happened was a lot of anons were hyped for it. So the hype kind of propelled the "it's good" for a little until you realize how horribly shallow the game is compared to DDDA.

there's a lot more than what's listed in that post, but those are some pretty common ones.

Its not the worst MMO ever, but it doesn't compare to Dragon's Dogma and its squatting in the space Dragon's Dogma's sequel is supposed to be in. Between this and MML3 I'm very close to sending death threats to various japanese executives.

A few DDO vocations actually have loads of added mechanics over DD:DA that change the play style entirely. Warriors don't sit and tank damage while wildly swinging for most fights, now you have "block/dodge" buttons that you have to hit at the right time in order to absorb damage and build your rage meter, which allows for stronger charge attacks.

It's a good MMO, but not a good sequel to DD:DA, since it's a fucking MMO after all and they had to make it play primarily with multiple real people having dedicated "roles" in combat. Warriors build up stun, break armor best, and build up their own rage meter during bossfights, then when boss is knocked over they do 9999 damage a few times. Fighters primarily climb bosses and bully them, magic archers and shield mages apply shitloads of debuffs to bosses, buff/heal allies, and (for SM) tank to some extent, etc.
Only classes that haven't changed are the traditional ranger.

I'm not one to tell other people how to live, but you need to quit being a bitch. Your apologism is NeoFAG tier zero-information-sum garbage. If you can't get the taste of dick out of your mouth, your plan to make anons so angry they want to hatefuck you won't work.

too bad it's only a few. MK got completely removed (inb4 b-but they're adding it back in soon (tm)), All yellow got separated into Melee and Ranged classes, and mage/sorc got changed into Support only and Damage only

So… another disappointment.

I just want to Furi into Fureeee.

Yeah, buy those products go-i mean user, that way you will become the japanese you always wished to be!

I'm not gonna lie, if they bring it to the west I'll try it out for a bit since its free. But I'm not going to jump through hoops to play a game I might not like.

I see, I guess I would probably try it too and even ERP on it. At least it is fun to play as a warrior and go full Guts?

You need a party unless you're minmaxed, they took out all the solo stuff

So fucking mad it's glorious.
Maybe you'll get to play it after all since they're considering bringing it to the west. Don't give up hope yet.

well, thanks for convincing me I have nothing to lose by filtering you at this point.

Mergoda Ruins (lower and upper) had to be the most beautiful maps in Dragon's Dogma, but those wandering armors with 2 swords were assholes.

real shame about the game being so painfully generic, some of the designs are neat

Add an XP boost to the game, to minimize grinding, and played in group the game's perfect.

Fuck… that griffin looks ugly as sin. The sphinx looks fun.

Its the twitch age, actually playing a game is meaningless.

Anyway.

What if you're refusing to "jump through the hoops" for a game that might as well become one of your all time favourites? Retards itt call it MMO, but in reality it's a single player game with co-op and forced always online.
I still recommend playing it in its original form, as we all know how games are being "localized" these days, especially by capcom.

To be fair, if a game is "always online" I prefer if it is an MMO. At least in MMOs you were able to trade or use auction houses.

Look he has no idea what he's talking about just let him shit himself out.
There's an auction house and player trading in the game, it's an lobby based MMO, just like PSO2

see here

Diablo 3 and POE also have those. Player trading doesn't make game an MMO.
Even fucking dark souls have it.

Just get out already.

Oh. Well, it wouldn't be too bad if it wasn't called Dragon Dogma. How many Pawns can you make? can you make a little harem to show off?

Here's a DDO unique speel for the sorcerer: Crescent Blade. Notice the absurdly long cast time, and the minigame to add a damage multiplier.

Which is completely pointless in this case, as the spell already caps at 9999 versus trash mobs.

Why are you quoting me? I've played the game, and was defending it to some extent. Only reason I stopped playing is my friends stopped playing, and a few other things came out (EDF, etc.).

DDO is freemium: trading in auction houses is restricted by a cooldown unless you pay for a monthly pass. Manageable but annoying.

I guess we won't get good sandbox MMOs where you explore the world again.

Try BDO

A bastardization
Gutted classes, gutted enemy variety, retarded enrage system, retarded pawn AI
still an mmo

All these people trying to defend DDO, jesus fucking christ

You're just mad you can't play it :^)

But he can play it, just like I do. Nipland has shitloads of free VPNs hosted by universities and shit.

It became a Pay2Win shitfest, and the fact you can't even trade with players doesn't help.

They took the last hope of saving MMOs and turned it into a generic korean grindfest.

You still can explore

That's fair. Can you still make gypsy camps and farm in the wilderness?

I really want to see what they changed and what they fixed. Cautiously excited with a hint of pessimism.
At least i hope they decide to make a DD2 since the game has still so much traction and a fanbase behind.

Now you're just being retarded for the sake of being contrarian. There are more enemy varieties in DDO than in the original, it's a fact.

You should play with me, it's lonely playing it alone so I haven't played since a week after 2.0 (which did fix a lot).

So we should get excited for P5 collab soon?

And the pawns' verbosity is less frustrating to deal with than what you get from a human player.

How does DDO compare to Vindictus and Dragon Nest?

Worse than vindictus, I haven't played dragon's nest in forever to even make a decent comparison

This is the worst game I've played in the last year.

What about pay2win wise? Enchanting your stuff to high levels in Vindictus is pay2win and now that costumes gives stats and shit it is kinda pay2win. Then again nobody gives a fuck about PvP in that game and you dont need top tier gear if you are not a shitter to do well

DDO is japanese style pay to win.
You can't throw money at the game to get the best gear straight up. You throw money at the game to get a slight CHANCE at getting the best gear. Not so much a cash shop as a pachinko shop, thanks capcom.

Of course there's the normal "premium" service, but it doesn't do THAT much, just allows you to use stashes in any inn instead of just main town, gives more storage space, and more revives per day.

Korean styled pay2win is worse imo. Take Elsword where you have gatcha for the best gear (Ice burners) As well as bullshit like B slot that you need to play the game at higher levels and gear enchanting where you need to spend a lot of money to get +10

Who thought gambling for equipment was a good idea? the chinese or the koreans?

Well, it's actually a good idea economically speaking, just also a really dick move.

Then again i think it is dumb that you can just get the best gear with real money if you are lucky or just spend a lot of money on gatchas. In korean and chinese pay2win models there are some stuff that you can only get from playing the game

Its a way to stretch out the grind while making it look fun. Asians in general are gambling-prone, I never understood it.

Whoop-de-fuckin-doo

Hideaki Itsuno had a hard life.

But has the same combat, why do you keep calling it an mmo?

That'd be great, but DD was rather niche, and a proper sequel would take quite a bit of funding

End it all

I wish that could happen.

DDO is a Capcom game, if you want to be more accurate example just bring up Monster Hunter Frontier, 11 years of capcom claiming "Were thinking about bringing it over to the west", 11 god damn years.
Not that I would play it frontier is were all the reject monsters end up.

Feel like capcom nowadays is nothing but fuckups. I can't name a single staple franchise they haven't fucked up recently.

They canned their most iconic series, Megaman, for chrissakes. Was their TGS presentation anything but merch and that godawful new resident evil? I stopped watching after day 1. Why the fuck would I want to wear advertisements with shitty craftsmanship?

I wonder if Megaman can work in 3d (legends are too different from standard Megaman so it dont count) Sonic needed many tries before they got it right with colors/generations and Mario got it right the first time with Mario 64 but Capcom have not tried the same with Megaman. Would it even work?

well i guess since its f2p we can try it i guess

That other faggot insisting this game is not an MMO was reverse b8ing to make Holla Forums so angry that they will try the game. Boy oh boy the Netflix 'n shill generation.

is it an MMO or Multiplayer game? What makes it different than counter-strike or overwatch apart from gameplay?

Term "MMO" isn't really descriptive.
If you take it literally then indeed WoW, DDO, Counter Strike and Battlefield are all MMOs, since shitloads of people play them online at once.
But DDO is as different from WOW as WOW is different from BF. It's indeed similar to games like PSO, DFO or Warframe. It's a dungeon crawler with real time combat and hub system, that can be played as both single player and multiplayer game and offers different sorts of interaction to other players, but no open overworld to roam freely.

Not only that, but base stats have more weight in damage calculation than stats from gear.

Why can't my dreams be real?

What makes MMO different from multiplayer game is scope of the game hence the term massive in MMO

For example Planetside 2 is huge compare to Counter-Strike. Theres actually a thin line separating MMO and Multiplayer game. MMO have to be massive in term of players and scope of the game. In CS, even though you can have 64 vs 64, is still limited to 1 small map

Well Battlefield can have 64 people in the field and PSO2 can only have 12.
Yet it's PSO2 that is called MMO, not BF.

That spell is great to take when fighting against Cyclops, Cockatrice or even Wyrm. (The Ice Dragons.) As it deal electric damage and is capable of wiping away enrage with one well timed cast. Its not for damage. (Although its the best spell for it at level 12 - 25. Bolide outclasses it then.) Its for wiping enrage, building break, or inflicting electric damage to shock the enemy. Its also got some great range making it a fairly good choice to open up fights with. The wheel can be completed pre-maturely meaning the point isn't to actually augment damage. (Although it can be good for that on same or higher leveled bosses.) Its there so that once you get good at it, you can cast the spell earlier. (Bolide can be cast about 70% of the way through charging, instead of waiting for the whole thing.)
Rank 6 of the spell also shoots out 2 more blades that go in other directions. The damage caps out at about 30K on bosses. Which, is less than Bolide, but the best you got from 12 - 25
Its not a great spell, but like all Sorc spells, with planning and co-operation it can really make the difference in boss fights or for wiping mobs out to make the boss easier to deal with.

I'd say Vindictus is worse due to the terrible fucking lag and how every mission forces you to play some god-awful repeat section with mobs that are no fun at all to fight that pose almost no threat whilst incentivizing no team-play at all. DDO at least has enemies that pose a threat and are decently entertaining to fight. That said I never got far in Vindictus as I always got bored at around the level 40 mark. I'd have loved a Mabinogi 2 though.

A sequel using the models of DDO would be just fine. If one is planned it won't happen until DDO rolls out its last bit of content. Which, considering they have 3 more unique giant dragon bosses to roll out, a Main Quest campaign to end and some other GMs, I'd say that's a bit away. We can still hope for the announcement of a sequel sometime middle of next year.

I fucking wish DQX got released outside of nip. Probably for the best though. Every NPC and even some players in-game would type wid dat dere forced accent an' all ya unnersand wot ah, meen dere laddie?