It's almost Halloween Holla Forums!

It's almost Halloween Holla Forums!

So let's talk vidya, be it spooky, horror, creepy, or cute, what are some games you play to fit the mood?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.org/details/museum-of-anything-goes
romhacking.net/translations/1380/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

archive.org/details/museum-of-anything-goes

My favorite!

I try and complete it every Halloween. Controls are floaty as fuck but I love the atmosphere.

I wonder if there will be a Halloween Game Dungeon.

4 years ago

It's actually Windows 3.1. Nobody remembers 3.1.

wut gaem fam

I'm hoping the new resident evil game will be good, I've finally got a beefy pc to play it with and everything
It's probably be mediocre ;_;

Can't you tell by the boxart? That's clearly Yummppyum, a horror classic.

Bump for spooks

Gonna go through the Silent Hill series again. Nearly finished 1 already. Don't remember the combat being so frustrating. Hopefully I get around to 4 this time, last time I got burnt out very early on with it.

After that I'll probably go with Eternal Darkness, I hear good things. Or perhaps try the Resident Evil series for the first time.

(witnessed)
I've been meaning to go through Eternal Darkness myself.

Going to play through Resident Evil 1-4, the only one of the franchise I've actually ever finished was 0.

Also, what you guys think of the trailer for Hello Neighbor?

Quick give me something in the vein of Carnevil where its TECHNICALLY a horror game becuase of its imagery but done in an upbeat goofy way.

Your Worst Nightmare in Gauntlet Dark Legacy

isn't HoD the DS game?

Just emulate it

I was such a pussy as a kid. What happened?

My guess would be you just matured. I used to get spooked by ghosts and demons all the time in vidya. Now Condemned is the scariest shit I could play because the idea of a physical threat is more real to me than a ghost.

You grew from a pussy weakling as a kid to a cold, jaded adult

Congratulations faggot

I want to go back.

No, Harmony of Despair is the cheap co-op digital only game that's just a bunch of recycled assets.

Because It was fun storming maps with an army of Marias when the japs played the game.

Goddamn what a fun game.

It has been hard to be afraid of anything anymore ever since horror has become reality.

Playing as the Changeling in Pathologic HD
Afterwords I'm going to do a final run as the Bachelor again, this time with the knowledge that I get letters.

Halloween sucks.

user lets find a fun, spooky game for you to play.

My Halloween tradition involving vidya is turning the lights off and playing Luigi's Mansion.
Not a terribly scary game, but it's one of my favorites.

I hear Illbleed on the Dreamcast is your kind of game, though from what I've seen of it it has some interesting design choices, like a 6th sense mechanic.

SuperGreatFriend has a playthrough of that on his channel.
One of his earlier works, in fact. The first time he spoke in video, as well.

My african brother

who the fuck cares

This shit gets me every time I play it.

just started silent hill 3 for the first time really spooked enjoying it so far

i really wanna go back & finish 2 but crts & ps2 coverters are expensive

did that new game by the clocktower guy turn out to be any good?

stealth games are the best horror games.

I love that game, it gets super comfy when you start lighting up entire areas and it can be beaten really quickly with an A rank when you're familiar with it.

Also, I recently found out the PAL version's hidden mansion has a lot of neat changes that increase replay value. You might already know about this, but as an NTSC kid I didn't find out until this year and I've been really enjoying myself with it. Pic related is the details.

im not going to play any video games
instead im going to dress my dog up as a lobster

That poor bastard.

any of the fatal frames are a good choice. they all really nail the atmosphere, the combat is usually pretty tight, and some of the ghosts are genuinely, truly scary - pic related is nothing but an abnormally tall woman with a weird face, but something about the way she moves so gracefully like a big stick bug and one part near the end where she's up super close to a ceiling-mounted security really, really unsettle me. other good ones are the drowning ghosts complete with choking sounds and the broken-neck ghosts

no it will be cute and he will just sleep all day anyways

I almost done with lisa the painful and going on to joyful. Are there any scary mind fuck games?

I also remember one game my cousin told me about a guy who see's people as gross deformed monsters while he finds one normal girl. But the name escapes me.

Saya no Uta?

Yeah, that's it. Saw the girl on salty bet one day and I thought her move set and general movement to be graceful yet unsettling. Like her aerial movement was followed by a geyser of blood and meat. Not that i'm complaining.

Looks like a cool vn. Though I doubt there is an english translation. Trying to learn moon runes is suffering when work and school have you by the nuts. But I'M hanging in there

Nigga there's 30 days left

fuck you buddy it's October 1st meaning it's Halloween.

Can't you count? Are you retarted?

Zombies Ate My Neighbors

Someone's definitely retarded here, I can say that much user.

He's going to have nightmares about this moment user. Like when your parents force you to wear your sisters clothes as a child.

It's not Halloween yet, get it through your head.

You dumb faggot the second Walmart sets up their Halloween shit, it's Halloween.

Wallmart has no power over the Halloween spirit, they don't mean shit

looks fun if it ever comes out

I find Resident Evil games work well. Especially the older ones.

Until they decide to put up Christmas decorations as well. Or that's probably Costco I'm thinking of.

I'm afraid of being alone forever

Is there a pc relase for this game or some kind of mod for it?

I want to tenderly love Kuroko.

I could have sworn I was watching some parody of the news earlier today, but the report about creepy clown sightings was not a satirization of the news. It was a real fucking report.

Yes, it's called MAME.

I L L B L E E D

Probably the best Halloween Game created Period.

But user we have to watch/play spooky games until it's really halloween, so that day we get drunk because we already played/watched all of them and there's nothing left to do :^)

Because you can't go out and ask for candies because you'll be seen as a pedophile

Resident Evil 0-6
Resident Evil Revelation 1&2
Dead Space 1&2
Alan Wake
Evil Within
I know they're not really scary, but I love tps survival games

Ok, I got MAME installed and I got the game running, but it's whenever I shoot the enemies don't die. Any help with that?

Nevermind I found I had to calibrate the guns

Gyossait, it says it right at the bottom, you dork

This is also a real report

The Halloween spirit is already here. Walmart just boosts it.

My walmart already fucking has Christmas shit set up in the garden area. It's too early you psychos.

lolis are halloween

Play something like Sanitarium or Harvester, those won't really scare you.

Only gothic lolis or witch lolis

shows what you know

We set up Halloween about 2 weeks ago. Canadian Thanksgiving is on the 10th and we'll get fucking retard busy leading up to it. After that, probably Christmas.

I'm just waiting for a "The Onion" logo but it's not coming.
Why is it not coming.

I'm enjoying Distraint a lot. Bar the pixelshit asthetic, it's actually pretty good. It's on igg-games, although the MEGA link is ded, but it's still up on Google Drive.

Or you can also get it for 0.99$ on steam.

It's not a masterpiece or anything, but considering the jumpscare-ladden shit that gets a pass for horror nowadays, this is a nice breather.

Ha ha! Time for Deathsmiles!
But sadly, /tg/ is taking this Halloween, Kingdom Death is this year's must-play. Too good of a fit.

Good job, fam! Way to break the tradition of the Saturday Night Horror Thread by posting one that has the same topic!

On a more serious note, can anyone recommend good flash or "real" indie horror games? I've already played Exmortis and then some, but it seems most free Indie horror games nowadays are badly done Unity titles that look as if someone at a bowl of plastic, vomited onto your screen, and made a Slenderman meets Five Nights at Fuckbears crossover for the plot.

At the same time, commercial horror games have become way too predictable to still produce genuine horror.

Also can we just appreciate the spooky themed candy for a moment

I hate this. I have a fifth floor apartment of a student dorm that you can't enter in the first place if you don't have the keys, but by one means or another, hordes of little kids from the neighborhood still start a storm before my door.

I mean, if I had a house along the road; fair enough. Hells, I would actually buy candy for the little fuckers. But they're not even supposed to be INSIDE of the fucking student dorm, and still some fucktard is letting them in.

I always make sure to play pic related during October. It isn't the least bit scary, but the game is a lot of fun

They didn't even fucking try

Medievil is actually fairly on point as far as it regards Halloween - the event isn't really supposed to be scary, after all, but rather is spooky in an ironic way.

Is Halloween the first instance of cultural shitposting?

No, the romans beat us to shitposting

only literal semen demons

But not ironic shitposting. I find it difficult to believe that Titus was lying when his graffiti says he will only penetrate boys' asses from now on.

Show me other Halloween lolis then nerd

Just don't answer when they knock, or leave terrible candy at the door in a bowl.

I like to play Maximo around Halloween.

I gazed into your eyes and knew you were my nigger

fuck coffin crips are back

But seriously,

does anyone know good indie horror games that are not the usual suspect (Id, The Witch's House, Cry of Fear, etc.) ?

you guys pumpkin pie is really delicious

this is adorable

Do we have a comfy Halloween themed games list ?. My plans for October 31st were to find a Halloween themed party or event to go to,or buy a bunch of comfy junk food and watch a ton of horror films. But now I really wanna play some spooky games as well.

Does Gauntlet: Dark Legacy count as a comfy Halloween themed game?

Never heard of it so I don`t know,but i`ll certainly take a look at it.

Yume Nikki

Scratches , taking place in a Victorian manor during seemingly perpetual rain, is real comfy.

When the game's atmosphere is not freaking the dear daylights out of you.

mega-satan wants his spooky games, im sorry to let him down, i dont know jack o lantern

Also, mandatory DreadOut webm.

I honestly regret not saving the R34 pic user made from it.

It hurts because you're right.

This music actually is really comfy after the buildup.

Unlike embed related, which only gets worse

Maximo the 3D Ghost and Goblins.

I don't think there's a game with more spooks than this.

I like your taste. Anyways the whole of Deathconsciousness is pretty comfy, it a well known depressed feeling I listen to the fucking album everyday for years now, never gets old. Recommending Giles Corey too, one of dudes behind Have a Nice Life

Who's stopped Tyrannosatan?

I played Sanitarium last year. It starts off really good, but gets worse and worse as you go on. Still a lot of fun, though .

I know what I'm modding in.

Every Halloween I tell myself that I need to play this and then I always forget. Is it even good?

It's kind of charming, but consider it came from the 3.3 million dollar man.

My nigga. That shit was my jam.

Castlevania, Zombies ate my Neighbors, and Blood make for some good Halloween-themed games.

Just downloaded it, that's some crazy shit.

It sort of reminds me of Eastern Mind and Exploding Lips.

Bad Day at the Midway has a style similar to Carnevil, but it's pretty creepy.

It's the one at the bottom, Gyossait.

trips of truth

I guess Silent Hill 2? Marathoned it today and loved it, though admittedly it wasn't that scary.

I'm very interested but not interested enough to pay for EA.

Fucking kill me.
Also is it autistic to have a picture of your waifu as your profile picture and slap on some hats and decorations relevant to the holiday? Am I the only one that does it? I know a lot of people add christmas hats to their pics but do other people add other hats for different holidays?

phoneposting scum

I'm planning on replaying Resident Evil 3 this month, and I was thinking about giving the PC version a try. Has anyone here used that version? I'm wondering if it's a decent port.

how about splatterhouse

Now thats a perfect series for this time of year.

I tried it back who knows how many years back when I had a piece of shit Vista laptop and was desperate to play any games on it. It got the job done though you have to love keyboard controls, plus I'm not sure if you're better off just emulating RE3 or not.

I'll probably hudle up in my room after visiting the dead and lighting some candles (country's custom) and just play some fear and x-com, some thief for later level spooks, and/or dead space 1/2. Maybe killing floor or the darkness for some mindless fun.

This thread is comfy as hell. Should we have a Halloween general up until November?

That'd be nice, Halloween is a fun holiday and Fall is comfy.

How about i splatter your house with eggs, grandpa?

Sounds like a plan user. I'm tempted to host a comfy Luigi's Mansion stream on Halloween for anyone that doesn't get invited to parties.

Help me Holla Forums

I'm actually interested in the next FNAF game because the dev is finally giving the animatronics audio recordings. I just really like when horror games/movies have spooky corrupted messages sliced to together from pre-recorded messages.

Those games are dirt cheap, might as well go for it.

I would gladly watch that user

Just pirate it and resist the autism.

Honestly, before the shitposters get here, go for it if you want it. The game's good for one playthrough and honestly not that bad.

Maybe on the night of then I'll shill the link spoilered or something. I also wanted to stream a blind run of Eternal Darkness. Might be fun.

The Evil Within has pretty spooky DLC missions at least. Both because it's almost pure stealth, and because the hardest difficulty removes all light sources except your flashlight.

I'm waiting for Halloween events in some games I play. Any that you guys can think of? Any MMO's or shooters? Don't say TF2, I don't want to be disappointed again this year.

how about you get the fuck off my lawn before i call the cops

I'm hoping the Halloween event in FFXIV is as comfy as it was last year. I even have my QT witch outfit ready to transmog on top of my gear.

Yeah, I was just gonna pirate it if I actually break and play it. The fucker makes enough money.

I think of them as junk food horror games. Mediocre but slightly satisfying, you could be playing something good instead but they're quick and easy.

My autism kicked in just for you user. I knew RHDN had a translation for it, I remembered seeing it when I went looking for the Tsukihime translation years ago.

romhacking.net/translations/1380/

What a nice, dynamic thread. Thanks for this, OP. Halloween and video games go great together!

Holy shit, this. So much. I forgot about this game! I played it when it came out, and then a number of years ago again for nostalgia purposes. Definitely recommend it, they need to create a modern remake that still retains the original game's atmosphere and gameplay structure. Great game. Classic. I myself played it when I was a kid many years ago at Halloween, I remember it was advertised for Halloween specials as well.

What do?

I didn't realize those were supposed to be tits at first.

Love the top, use bottom as a cushion

Remember that FNAF is one of the many games Holla Forums used to like until it stopped being cool to.

It's a pretty safe bet that Blizzard intend on delivering the final nail in TF2's coffin by doing something halloween related with Overwatch.

I never liked FNAF, I knew it to be shit from the start

DIAMOND STATUS ACHIEVED

What's that one spooky DS horror game that got a fan translation awhile back?

Can it be played in an emulator without any problems or is it one of the heavy gimmick games where you need the mic or have to close the system like Hotel Dusk or Another Code

What do?

im sure hell grow up fine

superior musical tastes friendo.

Nice

Play a minecraft castlevania map. Breddy gud. Alternatively play vampire, the masquerade: redemption

What the fuck delete this

The spookiest game.

Like you wouldn't give him a buttload of candy.

That doujin was pretty crazy.

I'll probably play Vampire Hunter or Vampire Savior this halloween.

pleb

turn 360 degrees and close the door

Greatest Halloween game comming through

what

They look like digimon characters

It's a perfectly normal thing that always happens user.
seriously what the fuck

Buy more of the sugary jew bars, goyim.

For Halloween, what do you like more? Getting spooked, seeing people dressed up in costumes, or just liking the fun atmosphere?

Seems normal to me. Part of why I'm a well adjusted and happy adult.
did this not happen to you?My parents still make my dress up in my sisters clothes and I'm 29

Something on the Sega Genesis I played that I should really play again about some ghost guy scaring families. I got it but I haven't finished it since I was a kid so I should replay it for Halloween.

only 2 of those hans were good, do people actually pay for this shit?

Kentaro Miura does. All the damn time too. I just want that old fuck to finish Berserk

Reminds me of the time grandpa dressed up as a fairy. Bless his soul.

Polterguy is the name

I couldn't pass the final boss

Made me laugh way harder than it should have.
I'll be playing Animal Crossing with my 2 year old daughter, stockpiling candy as she picks out what our characters will dress up as.