Are there any videogames that deal with a realistic distant future?

Are there any videogames that deal with a realistic distant future?
By that I mean no star wars bullshit with a bunch of humaniod aliens having sex but instead things like
Basically anything that isn't generic sci fi bullshit.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eternal_return
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poincaré_recurrence_theorem
twitter.com/AnonBabble

battleborn

Soma did it pretty well.
Also scared the shit out of me with its concepts, and themes. Instead of jumpscares.

I wouldn't call starcontrol 2 generic sci fi, but it sure seems like it at first. You have to delve into it get to know some races, see the sort of stuff that can develop, and while its not quite high sci fi its good stuff. I know what you're thinking, you're thinking you want high scifi soap opera from a game, well its not going to be easy to find that, there's quite a bit of fake as far as game sci fi tends to go.

Star Wars isn't set in the future though.

I seriously hope you're not that fucking heretical user. But seriously what the fuck do you want? According to current predictions we will either be extinct or far away from here in a form so evolved, biologically or technologically, that it's methods of thinking are impossible to concieve for the modern man. Neither scenario sounds interesting or doable.

Fuck off, christfag, and don't come back until you have an Old Testament game.

Name me one time physics theories have turned out to be wrong christcuck.
Keep being a jewish puppet.

с нами бог

DEUS VULT

Luminiferous aether. Ultraviolet catastrophe. Newtonian Physics.

Look up the definition of a theory m8.

Isn't that a Charles Stross book?

Source

We are already doing it

Long live the new flesh.

Don't talk to me or my wife's son ever again.

Alpha Centauri, a little bit

Deus Ex; got it right down to the Twin Towers,even if that was due to memory limitations.

Remember to report intl when you see them trying to false flag Christians.

1. You’re obviously a shill working with him.
2. Even still you were unable to realize he actually answered your question, you fucking twat.

Except I asked for scientific theories.

DEUS VULT

Latex Babes of Estros

You're a retard.
There's no god who acts like a fucking person. How stupid can you be.
There is a force of consciousness in the universe though. This is proven by the double slit experiment.

Fuck off, christcuck, and take your mother's son with you.

lol enjoy your illiteracy

Reported for intl.

you don't know what you are talking about. slit your wrists

It is clear OP wants a realistic take on our best case scenario(humanity goes into space and dodges our sun going super nova). It can be easily done without going too far into future evolution scenarios. Originally, 0x10c was supposed to be essentially this, but realism got toned down before it eventually got cancelled.

Quit your fucking wining you dumb babies,

Even if the universe is finite and we're all gonna die it doesn't remove meaning from the fucking universe anyhow

Besides, its very likely the universe is infinitely reoccurring, according to cosmologists and physicists alike

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eternal_return

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poincaré_recurrence_theorem

The chance the human race is going extinct by the next 100,000 years is a real possibility, but I think the fucking chances of it happening are way lower than pessimists will have you believe. Our chances of survival is going to increase if anything, given our expansion into the universe and new technologies yet developed

In rimworld there's no FTL, so colonies can't communicate with eachother at a reasonable rate

I've always liked the idea of a game where you play as a space courier.

In the future, but before mankind has really mastered interstellar transport, the invention of FTL transport and the growing spread of the human race render traditional info transfer useless.

Space couriers in specialized craft designed for maximum FTL capability are used to carry messages across the cosmos.

The info they house can carry the weight of an empire.

TL;DR: FTL combined with Elite: Dangerous.

Do you know what a scientific theory is user?

Unless physics somehow change they do.

Star Wars is fantasy.

How is that not generic?

So you want hard science fiction like Rendezvous with Rama that has details that alien dating simulators gloss over such as:

Well, you could check out the Rama computer game but it definitely has much softer elements of sci-fi to it and is more about exploration than building a world set in a plausible future.

For one thing: the expedition in the game is supposed to be the first into the Rama structure but they already have an elevator built to circumvent the endless stairs from the base camp to the camp at the bottom that take half a day to climb up (considerably faster to go down because they can slide down on the railing) when they had no means of knowing those stairs were there.

At least it's realistic and not seen very often in videogames.

Man, now I want to hack and slash my way through mobs with an ass bone.