What is the best Contra game and why is it Hard Corps?

What is the best Contra game and why is it Hard Corps?

One of the best. I'd say Contra 3 is better in some ways, but the shitty top-down levels ruin it.

Here's the actual best Contra game.

You know it nig

I remember the first one having fantastic level design.

The use of slopes in this game was pretty interesting, that top down section where alien mouths randomly sprout up to kill you was complete bullshit and ruined the game for me though.

The top-down levels aren't that bad, they're just vastly inferior to the rest of the game.

Guilty Gear best Contra.

I'll get to them eventually, I swear.

3 is probably the best of what I've played. I thought 4 was pretty good

I forgot this game even existed. Is it really that good?

It actually was good. Having 2 of the 4 playable characters as paid DLC from launch was absolute bullshit though.

Metal Slug > Contra

Yeah nah, the only good thing about Metal Slug is sprite work.

Neo Contra (although not 2D) was also fun and stupid as hell.

Man, this thread made me remember I still have to finish Contra 4

This.

Contra 4 because its the ultimate casual filter and has amazing double screen gameplay.

If you suck, maybe.

Typical arcade faggot excuse.

This user's right
t. a fucking casual

Oi whats this "Contra" you yanks speak of?

In merry old PAL land we have a series just like it called Probotector. Except its with Robots so that makes it a 100% cooler.

You poor sods.

If Contra 4 didn't have weird hitboxes and a few instances of questionable level/boss design, maybe that. Might be trying a little hard to be really fuckin' cool, but it works well enough once that feels like the intended style.

Super C's breddy nice. Flame is actually pretty top tier with its powerful charged shot, to the point where it might be preferable to spread at times. Top tier staff roll music.

What's the worst Contra game? Maybe discounting some of the terrible ports to home computers back when the original Contra was fresh.

doesnt Contra 4 have the Probotectors as unlockable characters?

lol, Genesis Probotector is censored to shit, they cut out the cursing and just say the cou-de-ta rebel is an alien.

Is there any particular reason why it was censored?

Don't let the goyim know about revolt, oy vey!"
t. E.U.

It's coup d'etat you tremendous autist.

Enjoy your 20% slower games.

Only good Metal Slug is 3. The sprite work is the best part about it though. Pales to contra's gameplay.

Still a fun game, but I'd rather play me some Contra.

I think X is also pretty good.

As someone who played every Metal Slug in order from the start, i can't help how much they didnt cared about the game after 3. It has one of the best final levels in history but in 4 its all toned down. Such a shame.

I think that was because SNK was going through hard times at the time, so they were just pumping out bare minimum games to make money.

Did some shitlib rdgy brit make this?
It was pretty funny up until WW1.

I bet you can't even pronounce it right faggot.

Y es.

It also has nice, jiggly boobies.