Square Enix to release the Final Fantasy card game in the west next Month. And Lightning is the postergirl for it

Square Enix to release the Final Fantasy card game in the west next Month. And Lightning is the postergirl for it

Talk about wanting your product to be dead on arrival.

I'm not sure anyone who would have cared about a FF card game is going to mind pink Cloud being the posterboy for it. If anything it'll target her weirdly devoted fans better.

Toriyama can't buy that many boosters user and normalfags only play magic the genderfluiding.

This truly is their FinalSPINOFFFantasy.

So they make it look like nu-final fantasy?
Not SD characters like the old games?

Completely clueless company. They can't make one correct decision. I hate them for their incompetence. I used to like Final Fantasy until 9.

Magic has been a card game, it's been a growing hobby among those who still enjoy the turn-based format.
Final Fantasy is a shit series that's outlived its welcomed and overstayed its existence. The only people who will defend it are MMORPGfags who are in denial about still paying $14 a month for a weeb game with terrible servers.

Do me a favor and go back to Holla Forums. Make absolutely sure, totally sure, you never open your mouth and say something that contains a caliber of stupidity this high in real life.

Getting neat pictures of your favourite pokemon is half the reason people even play TCGs,

i never played the recent FF
i dont know this character
but somehow i know she took it in the ass pretty often

magic isn't as niche as you think it is

especially not since marvelwalkers and the new kim kardashian plane

Oh no thats the worst part. There are decks entirely of FF6, XI or IV but we dont get them at first.

We get Cloud, Tidus and Lightning.

either you are an SJW or you are out of the loop. Don't you know its full transfluid xir xhim xhu shit now?
the new creative leads actually said 'if cisgender basement dwelling neckbeards fear progress we can live without their money'.

You may as well give money to briannu wu.

Lightning has been around in their media for 12 years.

Really think about that.

yet another thing to tack on the list of retarded fads of this decade

The only people I've ever known to even know about magic are those who have been into the D&D scene for years.

What the fuck is wrong with you. Buy the older cards. I know all about the shit that's been going on but I only purchase the older cards in bulk.

So we have no idea about it besides them choosing worst character to advertise it and that it will be extremely expensive like any other TCG?
I am waiting for more stuff on it.

Oh i dont, everyone i know dropped magic for force of waifus.

I played Yu-gi-Oh prior

Probably will go back one of these days considering it was a decent enough system.
Besides, I don't play card games with anyone but friends.

This thing's going to be shut down before they make any Crystal Chronicles or Tactics cards.

Dead on arrival

So far all i've seen is it uses a LOT of recycled art. Hopefully its fun though but my niggs at /tg/ dont know anything about it either.

wew.

bruh.

They are considering making Parasite Eve, Vagrant Story and Chrono Trigger decks for the system

Fucking dont tempt be SE

weeew

This needs to stop

We are beyond that point. All we can do is take it to its final conclusion!

this

everyone knows shota is superior.

Mark shouldnt you be jerking off to a Link thread right now?

I don't really give a shit about card games, and Final Fantasy is pretty much dead and buried for over 10 years now. I just want to walk by and leave a Toblerone on top of the retail display on the off chance it makes someone smile.

It is the best.

Now the planes just represent how none gender binary you are. 1 land decks are cishet scum.

Enjoy life of most /tg/ stuff. Real questions are:
1.Will it be good?
2.Will I have someone to play it with.
Warhammer Fantasy is dead but I still play it with my friends. /tg/ stuff don't just die, they have some cults of people who like them.

Recycled art style doesn't sound any good.
FF have a lot of good art but just another game with incoherent art style.

Well fuck.

Im a fat faggot, but Im not a fat faggot kike.

Sounds good, will buy it.

It's weird though

Don't you have another thread to inflict yourself on Toriyama?

Yeppers, I really like the Pokémon TCG art though, it is fairly nice and mixed, and even the "BAD ART" cards can be pretty charming.

>getting to customize a deck around jobs with decent-looking character art of B_utz and Galuf along with a handful of other nogs that don't make me want to cringe

so uh

how does it play?

I'm currently playing Magic Duels on Steam as a F2P experience (already compelted 3.5 collections of the 6 released), and let me tell you, Kaladesh is purely pandering to the stronk, independent wyminz audience.

It's ridiculous.

fucking shota sluts, making me wank to 2d little boys

Okay

Can't throw it into the trash fast enough.

It must be strange for underage to see the shitstorms about Lightning and not get whats up.

This box art must have been the original nippon design made back when they still thought they could salvage the fem cloud with an ass so flat only an irishman could love it.

Most of which is completely unknown to the 'skyrim is the best rpg!' audience of younglings today. The entire PS3 lifespan was "the decade of lightning". Thank fuck the PS4 is getting shit like world of final fantasy as well as XV that looks like another trianwreck. Its nice to get spin offs again and not 'fuck we need to scrap games for these lightning assetts!' FOR TWELVE FUCKING YEARS.

almost enough to get me back in.

"Butz"

I did not know this

wheres the sauce

It still isn't actually that good. It was never really that good.

A SE employee talked about it on neogaf a few years back, i only heard about it because Pat from the superbestfriends mentioned it to me and i'm shocked it doesnt get more press since Lightning returns is clearly Valkyrie Profile 3.

He also claimed she was the first female protag and refused to acknowledge Terra was.

literally why

I already had to learn about synchros, Xyz's and pendulum summons, i can be arsed to get up on ex break shit as well.

So he is special needs right? He even looks like he has mild downs.

There's bad taste (e.g the waifu threads) and then there's being delusional

They didn't even bothered to fill entire card with art on the one in the middle.
He just stand there with nothing around him.
Not to mention FF:T looks nothing like the one on the right.

Lets not lie about it I would buy it solely for extremely good art.
And it could have been this level of good with art being nicely spread on entire card.
But it isn't. Fuck you.

Well it wasn't one here Poland.
We never were land of console players so any console titles were never popular. Instead we have a lot of people who love PC stuff like Baldurs Gate or Gothic.
Just a bit of trivia about eastern Europe.

In Bongland in the mid 90's PC gaming was for command and conquer fags and sod all else. You either had a Gameboy and PS-One or you were the wierd kid with a single mother in her 60's by the time you were ten and were the only kid with an N64 and smash bros.

He was a wierd guy.

Point is bongland remained very Playstation centric. Weebs get jrpgs and fatlus tier stuff -and "muh nepnep tho" for plebs and wiggers get fifa and pes.

no

That's shits easy, EX is just stronger than normal pokemon that net you 2 prizes instead of one when you knock em out and the break shit basically gives a pokemon an extra move/more HP

Even a lalafell is cuter than shitening.

Also

Sometimes you gotta set a nigger straight for the benefit of the thread

I'm so sorry, user.

I saw this thread in the catalog and all I wanted to say is my first thought was "Who the fuck is Lightning?" until like 10 seconds later I remembered.

what a lovely world that must be.

It hurts to live.

Mixing artstyles like that looks like shit. Not even worth collecting. Too ugly.

To be honest I stopped playing Final Fantasy after the shitshow that was 10. And 8 was garbage too.

From what i understand the point is if you have a thirst for a V themed deck you can get say a 'dark knight' and the stats are the same but theres a version of it with art for multiple games, so you could trade to have a V version of everything.

XIV's good. Brought back the job systems and Uematsu for some stuff.

and the characters arent emo kids.

disregard labels, acquire happiness

What else is new? Modern game companies are infiltrated with this scum.

Doesn't help her arc really went nowhere, I recall Fratley being brought up all of once or twice and then being forgotten about just like she was :^)

That and an unnecessary passage about gender (amounts to the "play whatever the fuck you want" rule and uses futa elves as an example) are probably the only things I can think of in all of 5e that stray anywhere close to that. Don't start screaming pozzed just off the one picture and a virtue-signaller m80.

Yeah, XIV is pretty good as far as Theme Park MMOs go, but it is still a Theme Park MMO, so you can't really blame people for not being interested in it either.

Is Sophia a SJW?

Christ, how fucking sad.

Clever

They are pozzed. That's why they're shit and being edged out by other rulesets.

Plus, D&D has been shit for years.

Your next words will be "well I never heard it before!". Maybe you should just go back to cuckchan you fucking faggot.

I have generally seen fa/tg/uys, aren't you the one mixing shit up?

Not that it matters, original insults are always better then canned ones anyway.

Points for the Jojo bit darling but you lost me as soon as you whipped le epic cuckchan me-me

Its a shi/tg/uy alright

Go back to cuckchan.

but he's saying the truth, i remember some faggot trying to start shit on /tg/ because of the human/orc union part in the new book, and when he was shown that it made sense because of the large population of halforcs, he started saying the same shit you're saying

Here.
We.
Go.

Thank god for hide ID.

Probably he's one of the rabid Holla Forums kiddies that semi-regularly gets a slap on the wrist or banned on /tg/, he's certainly doubling down on on his memes like one.

What does that make the myr and eldrazi then?

In b4 gender fluid.

You dont want to know.

for shame user. Rose though, good taste still

epic tumblr meme there cuckchanner

The quintessal shi/tg/uy package. I wonder which one he goes for next, because once shi/tg/uys have come out of the woodwork they never decide to act sane again. They just step further into tumblr tactics and general delusional insanity.

user we dont need to know where your age progression fetish comes from.

There is a reason why the whole "poland stronk!" came into existence. Besides, who didn't play FF and DQ back in the day?

I want to _hug the shit out of her.

Gotta mamoru that smile fam

Yeah, people salivated over it only because Charizard was their favorite starter's final evolution/favorite Pokemon. I lost my shit when I pulled it from a booster as a kid, but even I knew it wasn't that good.

It ain't right god dammit.

Poor people who couldn't afford consoles, like Poles.

I could more or less defend or rather explain Poland Stronk but I don't want to de-rail thread further.

Life is harsh mang.

Celes is the main character

Ainsely did the opera scene get you in the feelnads of your mindgrapes?

I rather play Gwent.

finland pls

It aint right.

I honestly wish you'd kill yourself.

No.

Charizard was never particularly great because he took too long to setup but he still saw some tournament play.

Also fucking wew at them increasing the discard amount for Fire Spin, that shit was obnoxious before and it's even worse now (unless modern rules let you put out more energy cards per turn, I stopped playing the pokemon TCG around the time ruby/sapphire pokemon were getting introduced)

Lightning really is Square's Lightning…

It's not just Poland. The rest of us from Germany to Greece and Russia also played Fallout rather than Final Fantasy.

Not looking good. If it had new art or at least a consistent art style I'd be excited for it. Pokemon TCG does a good job with that while also having some interesting alternative-art cards.

This looks like garbage. They didn't even try.

It would be more interesting if they had completely new artwork, like with Weiss Schwarz cards. Then we could get some interesting artwork of the older Final Fantasy characters.
It really looks like SE did these on the cheap. Absolutely disgraceful.

I have the Madoka trial deck and it's almost all screencaps from the movies. Did they change to doing all-new art in later sets?

That or something resembling a consistent style. I'd collect it if the art was done by Amano.

Is that recycled Dissidia art?

It sure looks that way

It's all recycled art.

The world might not be able to handle something that stylish.

Wait, it's not???

Fuck.

Fuck

FUCK

This "card game" is trash.

I just want a god kefka and DIO over heaven wallpaper.

Force of Waifus user. It is the truth and the way.

What's wrong with your post?

I'd want to see Umaro with the pillar men. I think God Kefka was a Nomura design.

I was right. He was designed by Nomura. How the fuck did his art get so shitty? I know FF7 was supposed to be simple, but damn.

To think that's what FF15 could have been.

We could rewrite historical figures as black people instead, but that's just silly

You mean you dont want a reworked 13 spin off made to beta test the KH3 engine and recoup a 12 year loss in production costs?

She got 3 motherfucking games, and was pushed as the main character in the fighting spinoff, so you aren't exactly wrong

Sounds reasonable

It ain't fair mang

Yes, D&D as in Dungeons & Dindus

FUCKING BULLSHHIOJUASBDNUA

Bravo Squeenix

To be honest, I've been disappointed in every Final Fantasy past 9. It really should have ended there in my opinion. I should have never bought 13. Part of me still wants to get a new Final Fantasy, but this time I really won't get it.

Iron Shieq is that you?

At this point i want a real Parasite Eve 1 remake -still set in december 1997- more than anything else.
-and of course a vagrant story that looks like dark souls using the same engine after that.

I doubt anything good can come from Square now. It really is a shame.

I just want muh third person survival horror jrpg strategy shooter about kidney transplants, PK fire and mitochondria oxygenating their wombspace for the dance of birth.

Is that so niche?!?

Seems like anything slightly out of the norm is niche these days. I has to be bland so everyone will pick it up.

imo art wise Nomura was at his worst from X to DoC, I like his work for Type-0 and some of the shit I saw in XV was okay but half of that game was done by fashion designers so at least there won't be too many crazy outfits that don't make sense.

*It

Yeah, he seemed to be emulating Amano's style in the stuff I posted. I guess he's good if the designs aren't left up to him. The world doesn't need another Nooj.

You'd think with Bravely selling more than Lightning returns square would have seen that people want more traditional RPGs.
I think if Final Fantasy XV flops FFXVI will be a lot more traditional, going for the fans with jobs and ATB, as well as plenty of optional bosses and fun minigames.
However, this is SE we're talking about here, so they'll probably just make a FFXV-2 because FFXV cost way too much to make and to advertise (Anime, A movie with big name actors, A car, Florence and the Machine to make 3 songs for them, a fashion line, A mobile phone app and a smaller side game - it's absolutely ridiculous)

I hate how they are using XV as a hostage deal going 'well if it doesnt sell i guess people dont want jrpgs, remember to reporder your mechanical apartheid dlc for nu-es ex gweilo!'

WHY THE FUCK IS LIGHTNING ON THE BOX AND PACKS

Because she's the best

They mistranslated "Balance" to "Equality"

Poor business decisions

if you're into gay skeletons maybe

They don't need to be rewritten at all. History is the greatest story, it's not my fault it doesn't sell.

Why are you still here

Hey dont badmouth Skeletons! They'll have a bone to pick with you!

You love me

I want to marry Lightning!

That skeleton princess is cute.

Loli everything is the way of the future.

the very best

Do you want to bone her user?

Make waaaaaay

For Goddess Light

Make waaaaaay

For Goddess Light

Hey, clear the way in the ol' image board

Hey you, let us through-

It's a bright new star

Oh come be the first in the thread to see her grace

Make way

Here she comes

Ring bells

Bang the drums

You're gonna love her too

Goddess Light

Glorious she

Literally Perfect

Genuflect, show some respect, down on one knee

Now try your best to stay calm

Don't step out of line with her

Then come and witness the sight

Goddess Light

Glorious, she

Literally Perfect

Stronger than Hercules, definitely

She saved her sister Serah

And murdered countless more

Who sent those souls to their end?

Why, Goddess Light!

She's got chapters of worshippers over

Of those who love her, we'll never cease

When it comes to the toblerone meme

She gives no fucks

I'm telling you

Her magnificence will not end

Goddess Light

Glorious, she

Literally Perfect

That physique, how can I speak?

Lovely to see

Well, get out in this thread

Then fix your hair and prepare

To witness the sight of our age

She's so beautiful it's hard to take in

And her armpits are inviting too

She's got grace, she's got style, she's got it all

We bow to her whim

Love serving her

We're just lousy with loyalty

To Light

Goddess Light

Glorious, she

Literally Perfect

Heard her perfection was a sight

Lovely to see

So brothers, that's why

Lightning towers above all

Come here now

And see

Don't look away

She's here now

And demands

You affection

Allow us to serve her, please

Make way

For Goddess Liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight!

I just threw up a bit of bile in my mouth.

Yes :^)

This is fucking cancerous, even ironically

That's how I feel whenever I wake up and remember that I'm not Lightning's deoderant

yes

That boy ain't right.

she looks like Aubrey Kate.

Remove Lightning.