Youtube is kill

I just happened upon something big.
archive.is/f2DU7
It's a good article and it's not kotaku itself.

What's up OP?
Studio 71_2_1 is (and has been for years) issuing false copyright claims on videos to take them down.
Worse, it then monetizes the video while the creator gets nothing (and after 3 copyright claims, the account gets shut down).

Why does this matter?
Funny Mexican Man aka Angry Joe made 2 videos about this. One of them (embedded) has almost 1 million views in less than 1 week.
Studio 71 is HUGE (top 10 youtube networks) so this impacts pretty much all of youtube.

What's going to happen then?
Youtube might face several lawsuits: currently being sued by Taylor Swift; possible criminal lawsuit for breaking copyright law; possible civil lawsuit for breaking contracts by allowing videos to be taken down; etc.

So yeah, youtube might go Nick Denton in a couple of years.

Other urls found in this thread:

support.google.com/youtube/answer/6145904?hl=en
rg3.github.io/youtube-dl/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Wew.

Good. Youtube isn't a video game and doesn't make video games, I don't give a shit about them.

fuck off

signed, a car

sage

Youtube is a sinking ship, the question is how long will it take to acutally sink? I have the feeling google can afford some damn good lawyers so who the hell knows what happens from here.

Why is coding so hard?

So Studio 71 is a Youtube network? Then why are they issuing false DMCAs? In general I have to wonder why Youtube is doing stupid shit as well like with the "Heroes" program, unless they've stagnated and cant think of anything else to keep paying people for.

Thing is, I'd rather see YouTube go through a reformation rather than just kill. Mostly because it's so damn easy to find music.

I sincerely would like to say thank you to the hotpockets that are actually doing their jobs. Keep up the good work.

Anyway, this is a shit thread, what the hell are you even talking about, OP?

support.google.com/youtube/answer/6145904?hl=en
They're youtube certified.

I didn't dig deeply enough so I'm not sure but I suspect that they might secretly be a youtube scheme to bring them more money; as in, a goon company.

I couldn't webm a 6 minute video.

Thats fucked up, its not like Youtube even needs more money anyways when they're part of Google. Wasnt Google's catchphrase at one point "Dont be evil"?

2016 might not be a shit year after all

its right fucking here

Alright, so some company goes around flagging videos with false DMCAs. That has has been going on forever, by both the automated system YouTube has in place and by individuals looking to throw a wrench into the cogs of any given channel that they want to silence. What's your point about this? Peeved Pendejo got hit by a copyright strike? Well, sucks to be him, I guess. Why should I care?

My point is that this is nothing new. So am I missing something or is there something else that should be said?

My bad, sage for offtopic.
my youtube downloaders are broken and I can only download 360p or 720p

A LOT of people have been hit up with copyright strikes.
Pewdiepie has been unmonetized.
Heroes will go live soon.
There's a lawsuit going on and there are likely to be several more in the next few years.

Did you read the article? I didn't link the archive out of boredom.

All in all youtube is going to lose money from content creators who are getting tired of the bullshit, on top of alienating users through communism, on top of getting sued.
Their copyright system is criminally liable which means they could go to prison, Taylow Swift is already suing them.

I think it was, it's truly ironic.

Even if he's right, who the fuck watches 6 minutes long videos of a grown man throwing a tantrum?

use youtube-dl
rg3.github.io/youtube-dl/

its so simple that you don't even have to convert videos with something like ffmpeg, blender or kdenlive

I do, but it only has 43 and 18 as options; the video had 16 megabytes if downloaded as a 360p mp4 which is above the current 12 mb limit.

Ah, I see. So you believe this may spell doom for YouTube. Well, possibly. I don't know the specifics of copyright law, hell, most people don't. If what YouTube is doing (or not doing) is somehow jeopardizing the very livelihood of their website, then they'll be forced into a position where they'll have to either die or drastically reform their content policy. From the perspective of a content creator, I suppose it's scary to consider the possibility of having your primary and only distribution platform pulled out from under you. However, there's just too much money involved for people to give up. I'd think that some big name YouTube types would already be show interest in expanding their revenue streams at the very least, to say nothing of the possibility that someone may just actually step up and provide YouTube some actual competition.

All this being said, YouTube is a multi-billion dollar, international conglomerate that is backed by Google. They're not exactly hurting for money, even if YouTube itself isn't exactly raking in a profit. I think it's going to take more than a few lawsuits to bring them down.

Pewdiepie's got a shit ton of cash, he's in a prime position to build a competitor to YouTube, at least financially. If not him alone, then he'd be an asset that the community could rely on to help them build their brand. Even if YouTube goes down, it won't be the end of the world. If I'm totally wrong and YouTube's demise is imminent, well then color me fucking surprised.

Time for an avatar change flood

So, here's a video that describes Studio71 in an informative manner. Forget about Testy Torquemada and his incoherent autist rage.

hosting site

If you decide to stay in an abusive relationship, you have only yourself to blame when you get beat again.

It all comes down to the basic fact that current copyright laws are untenable in the Internet age.

Once we have a leader with some common sense around and all the boomers are in nursing homes we might be able to finally move on from this nonsense.

this company is owned by the german mainstream media such as sat.1 and pro7.

it was build up with the help of famouse youtuber in germany such as gronkh.

this network is actually the old media, a wolf acting like a sheep.

top keke, this thread has a shadow sage.

i wonder why

I wonder why too, I started a good discussion with an archive.
Sure, I didn't webm the video and I linked youtube instead.
Meh, can't have intelligent discussions here. Keep it butts and boobs goyim.