Yo-Kai Watch Thread

Yo-Kai Watch 2 comes overseas tomorrow, Yo-Kai Watch 3 is expecting a big update soon in japan, and Wibble Wobble/Puni still sucks. How goes your experiences with the series? Did you quit at 1 like everyone else because it was boring as sin, or did you learn nip and go all the way to 3?

1 Isn't really reccomended as previously mentioned it's kind of boring. You can find the game in english and japanese on freeshop or CIAngel
Updates for all of these can be found on CIAngel.
YW1[USA][Region Free] ENG with JP audio:
drive.google.com/file/d/0BxsuGeydc-YhU0tPeFU5UkprR00/view
YW2 Shin'uchi[JP]:
mega.nz/#!OBZy1ZwB!y3GJoN_wDH7pKw0zRxptHUqhn-FTvLK9ChI5T3Ci1F8
YW Busters Shiroinutai[JP][RF]:
mega.nz/#!o0UCWBaB!LCMAzKZGpChO-oG4KhJebnFIoSfwvfBkNfhTXcmW9R4
YW3 Sushi[JP][RF]:
mega.nz/#!exlzlQgI!1qZQSYz5uKKlZHKJosoxuUNxQl8ASAKaA0igiib4qeE
YW3 Tempura[JP][RF]:
mega.nz/#!3gkXCSBA!0l8ufV-NZfxed6V14nFOKHfrvehbQjK9V4lK51Ic4Mk
Downloads for the english version of YW2 Bones/Flesh are going to come soon.

It's a kid's game, it's pretty easy. Basic runes and all that. It's really easy to read from context.
Yes.
While it may look boring, the game is surprisingly hands on when you get to around midgame, especially in YW3. The main game is still on the easy side, though, with difficulty ramping up during the bonus endgame stages.
youkai-pedia.com/yw2 , enjoi.sakura.ne.jp/youkai-watch2/ and the yw3 alternatives are really helpful if you use a translator and context, though there might be some guides in actual english.
Bad. The translation is awful so far. Not quite jelly filled donut-teir translation, but yo-kai names are translated awfully, and some of the dialog gets really "THIS IS DEFINITELY AMERICA LOOK AT THE TRADITIONAL AMERICAN RICE FIELDS AS WE EAT TRADITIONAL AMERICAN MANJUU DONUTS" feeling. They are trying to hide the fact that the game takes place in japan, and it's going to be funny to see them try to translate YW3.

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!AMQhmRrA!Q7uIH0z7jznA0FyQqw8FG01cnQD6dhhDt-CPFreaCbc
mega.nz/#!NdRSDKqQ!NaketcdYHmk0Lko2GztWxbUUckXrUW3609xODk4ZoGQ
mega.nz/#!ER4ETJ6Q!40YXX_Mzy5xOytYjdrF-o6whS56OUd2vEF-zr9yrT7M
mega.nz/#!xcoT1aYR!WCUvvHclqgDqBteUnROWipjWgbPHgiXXXxIzKxhUF1k
exhentai.org/g/904112/ad4f6f81b6/
exhentai.org/g/824713/b8db5ac284/
exhentai.org/g/808217/9a84ba5c38/
exhentai.org/g/975273/af475fcbcc/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Post some Kyuubi

_He will never ever let you headpat him

It's good to be bad
I miss the yo-kai cam, it was useless but every now and then it just gave you gold

Looks like i arrived to the yokai thread just in time

I can't tell if that's lighting or heart pupils, so I'm going to assume they're heart pupils.
nice

Leak when?

Leak now
This is YW2 in english, leaked yesterday
Bony Spirits
mega.nz/#!AMQhmRrA!Q7uIH0z7jznA0FyQqw8FG01cnQD6dhhDt-CPFreaCbc
mega.nz/#!NdRSDKqQ!NaketcdYHmk0Lko2GztWxbUUckXrUW3609xODk4ZoGQ
Fleshy Souls
mega.nz/#!ER4ETJ6Q!40YXX_Mzy5xOytYjdrF-o6whS56OUd2vEF-zr9yrT7M
mega.nz/#!xcoT1aYR!WCUvvHclqgDqBteUnROWipjWgbPHgiXXXxIzKxhUF1k

What does it do?

Update 2.0 is supposed to add a co-op dungeon. What else they're being very secretive about.

Bump

Yo-Kai Watch 1 is pretty comfy. How did they improve it in 2?

oh baby I've been looking
thanks user

I'm not feeling any of the designs. I know they're yokai, and they're meant to be portrayed as goofy or gross due to what their purpose in the afterlife is, but none of them really stick out for me. I mean, I'm not expecting Blaziken or Lucario levels of furfaggotry either. Is this wrong of me?

The only one I have to absolutely like is Rhinormous and his cousin(s), only because I have a boner for Hercules beetles.

alot of things

somethings on the top of my head

You're just not looking hard enough, every monster collection game has filler.

Why can't we talk about this on /mon/? I'm not against it on Holla Forums, I just want that poor board to get some life put into it.

Eh, i'm not against making threads on other boards, but the threads on Holla Forums barely get traffic as it is.

They do?

Thanks a bunch for the direct links, I don't mind the faggot on 3dsiso using adfly but the fucking site just kept refreshing for me. Never had that problem before.

No problem, adfly is cancer and should've died when autismblox modders tried to use it.

bump

anottha bump, any of you goys see anything especially bad in the english translation of YW2?
The main thing I'm seeing is bad voice acting and some really bad names, like changing Hanako to Toiletta.

>got fleshy spirits because most of the version exclusives look better imo

I might've fugged up on which one to download.

jibanyan S is a good sacrifice for good taste

This is slapstick tier comedy, but fuck if it ain't funny.

everything is funny as long as whisper or jib gets hurt in the end.

Up until release I kept reading about how befriending was somehow easier in this game, but I'm not seeing how. Was that a blatant lie? I was enjoying myself for the first few hours, but my fucking god is it irritating to spend at least 30+ minutes trying to get an ugly E-rank I'll never use while utilizing popular + favorite foods. I enjoy the mindless grind when it comes to later stuff that actually feels rewarding or worth the effort, but when you make even the simplest task in the early game feel like a total slog then I start to lose interest fast.

I know it's a kid's game, so I expect to cringe a bit despite enjoying the charm of the writing most of the time, but was "Mr. E" anything like he is here? Has any kid from any country ever found tame gross-out humor funny? I rolled my eyes at that shit in my elementary school days, seems like all kid's entertainment relies on it a lot more these days since they have to try much harder not to offend anyone with actual jokes.

Befriending is easier, the Zero Watch lets you "poke" yo-kai to make them easier to befriending. It replaces the pin feature when you switch to zero watch.
It's even easier in YW3 because you get to use a befriending gun and have items that help befriend every yo-kai

bump

IGN does it again

forgot archive.is link
archive.is/F2cBc

I see, I don't think I'd gotten that far since I was trying to get every E-rank before upgrading the watch. Sounds good.

Who does this?

I ain't saying I care, it's just that the review is funny and another thing to add to the pile of bad ign reviews.
The nigga didn't even know inspiriting was a mechnaic in yo-kai watch 1

no bully

bump

I am playing the game righ now. The recruitment mechanic sucks.

Yeah, it sucks. Every monster game has RNG catching mechanics and they all suck. At least the Crank-a-Kai has a chance to give you good or at least good looking yo-kai.

Anyone know what the BS and FS icons stand for while targeting? I couldn't find any info on it in the manual.

Bony Spirits and Fleshy Souls. It's the yo-kai's allegiance which affects some items that specifically target Bony or Fleshy clan yo-kai.

Thanks, I haven't gotten very far yet so I don't think I've come across those items.

post the doujin

no user don't post the doujin

bump

Bumpan

will a kind user trade me one?
I have a Tigappa and Auntie Heart.

shieeett nigga, I got like 4 of those. Why are they so fucking common?

POST LOLIS

Level-5 is cursed to have the best lolis but no art of them

Bump

post more of this slut
stop blueballing me user

I had more but for some reason my folder seems to be missing half of it's images

I just started YW2 Bony Spirits.
Which Doughnuts do I get? Spirit Doughnuts or Soul Doughnuts?

You can only get your game version types during the intro, but afterwards you can get either

bump

The doujin hasn't been scanned yet

Got anything else? You can't just leave these people with no payoff

exhentai.org/g/904112/ad4f6f81b6/
exhentai.org/g/824713/b8db5ac284/

Did not mean to click reply that early
exhentai.org/g/808217/9a84ba5c38/

I want to fug the fox

Kyuubi is a guy, homo

What's the title?

exhentai.org/g/975273/af475fcbcc/

Title would have sufficed but thanks for the link either way user.

The dream watch has good summoning songs

NOKO IS CUTE! CUTE!

objectively this is true

Who was the faggot behind the recruitment rates? Was this solved for the second game.

The designs are ass compared to Pokemon and Digimon.

Neither pokemon or digimon has space rabbit so your argument is invalid

It got better, but it's still pretty bad.

I really can't disagree, while there are some that really cute, some are really bad. I would call it, inconsistent.

bump

So, is there a way to transfer the yokai's from the first game to the second one or do I have to befriend them again?

There is no way to transfer, but you can get bonuses for owning the original, like Buchinyan, Noko, or Komasan.

bump

anoutha bump

Man, This game really fucks with me. I just found out about Pandanoko and how I can't get it. Just, why, WHY?!

you lucky bastard

user, I am lamenting that I can't get Pandanoko unless I cheat. Which I have no intentions of doing, my autism won't let me.

They look like generic LEVEL 5 shit.

Level 5 has a generic look now?

There are some pretty decent waifu "monsters", but otherwise I tend to agree. Most of what you come across is garbage, even if you understand what it's meant to represent.

I can't get that slut Sailornyan even when I do cheat apparently, save editing in the key items still doesn't work. I wish I had friends.

Why is the a thing?

because in japan you can't walk 2 feet in any direction without coming across another person.
If you lived in jew york I bet you'd get streetpasses

there are people who will never know this headache reducing feature because it's never fucking advertised

bump

if i want to get into the series do i need to play all the games or can i jump into 2
do i need to watch the anime?

You can jump into two, two basically retcons 1 and the final boss of 1 isn't even mentioned.
For the anime, if you're playing the american version, no. It is localized directly for kids, not for everyone like the japanese version.
If you're playing the japanese version, you should. The subbed anime is a great help for understanding what the series and the yo-kai are about, and it's humor isn't butchered.

I am pretty sure this is a kids show, a kids show with a robot cat who likes to be fucked

yeah sure kids show

godamnit firetires
anyways

no bully

You'd get laughed at by anyone in Japan if you tried to tell them it's not a kids show.

Super Sentai shows are also for kids even though there's asses and blood in them.

there's a difference between kids show and show for kids user

Yes, but Yo-Kai Watch is both.

Man, those nips are insane. They are mocking concern parents. Can you imagine a western show doing that?

Wow, double entendres. Very adult, like the shit you'd see in a high school newspaper.

user you're shitposting on a board about video games, none of us are adult.

I'm a big boy and I want a big cereal.

Ren and stimpy did, but that was a long time ago, this was current year I think.

Yo-Kai Watch 3 shinuchi Sukiyaki announced, I hope you weren't expecting that dungeon update this October, OP.

oh boy I can't wait to pirate another 3.7GB game to get all of the content, I didn't need that 7.4GB of space on my SD card anyways.

bump

another bump

no norusoru, no buy

bamp

I thought the whole point of the 3rd game was to be both with more shit, what is going on here?