I miss G4TV/TechTV

I miss G4TV/TechTV.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/user/G4Icons
g4tv.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

They never actually played the games, they just got interns to do it

You know at the time I really dug it, but I was young back then and way more impressionable, And trying to go back and watch it now? It's very sophmoric, I can see how a young me enjoyed it, but in the end its about as good as a youtubers views on the game.

At the time I think that it wasn't something that we had really had before that was part of the charm. Like I can watch it, and yeah it hits the nostaligia button, cause yes, I was younger then than today.

What also really does it? I was super young at the time, but mother fucking game pro tv up in this bitch.

I'd webm it, but shits way too long the file would be huge.

But godamned do I have a love for that era that passed, we all looked at games so much more innocently with a good amount more of excitement, it'll never happen again.

They always seemed like fellow-kids shills even when I was younger.

G4 is for plebs.

They are

Who are these people? What are they doing now? Did they grow out of vidya, are they still in? Did they die in 9/11?

Damn you future, why did you have to come?

HELLO FELLOW GAMERS I'M COKE SESSLER

Remember when TechTV was ZDTV?

RIP

I liked it's sophomoric humor when I was a teenager, and I still do. Better than people taking themselves seriously.

You should still post the Youtube link. I want to see it.

That's why I miss PS2/Xbox/Gamecube era. I felt this way the most during this era. Developers weren't restricted to only a few genres back then, they could make whatever kind of game they wanted back then and there were infinite possibilities. Every game feels the same now and people bitch when developers try something new. Myself included.

I completely forgot about this comic! I loved posting it everywhere back in the day.

Olivia Munn looks like a scornful whore who'd suck all the dicks if it meant she could live the remainder of her life in lavish luxury. Morgan Webb is le ebin gamur gurl. These people gave shit reviews. I don't miss it at all. Between the endless reruns of COPS and the shitfest that wast Attack of the Show, G4's departure from the airwaves was a blessing to those who still watch television.

Came here to post this; but I'm sure we all had a feeling it would die as soon as the internet became popular.

The only show they had worth archiving, Icons, was uploaded to its own Youtube channel. There are a few missing episodes, but those are assumed to be gone forever since G4 never even backed up their own shit.

youtube.com/user/G4Icons

It wasn't always like that, man

Don't forget the endless reruns of Cheaters at the end. When COPS and Cheaters came on I'd just flip to Discovery and watch their programming until Attack of the Show or Ninja Warrior came on.

I miss GameFAQs too.

The channel was better before the COPs and Cheaters reruns.

TV networks and advertisers ruined the entire concept of a tech and gaming channel. Thank god so fucking much for the internet.

>>>/reddit/

Morgan Webb's gonna kick your ass!

oh wait, there was no reveal, broadcasting standards insisted on an emergency broadcast test

god bless the internet

I had only really watched this channel for one reason.

Thankfully those with brains are at least intelligent enough to move on to a different platform.

I tried to find that vid on Youtube, but I think it's gone. I would have been pissed to watch that live but looking back it would be hilarious.

They did everything they can to make everyone forget, then proceeded to fuck up the channel as much as they could

but hey, at least the website still works!!

g4tv.com/

I miss MST3K and Joel refusing to let it go casting unfunny no-names and hipsters for its Kickstarted revival saddens me.

I can't believe people won't boycott Youtube and start posting content somewhere else. It's the only way people will start leaving Youtube, because most content is on Youtube. I'd prefer if everybody had their own website.

New MST3K still looks good.

With the obvious exception of codemonkeys and ultimate banzuki, fuck g4tv

Nothing is sacred anymore, user. I heard word that at least Kevin Murphy is kicking in for writing a few episodes, but the hipster actors are probably going to at least whitewash the delivery, if not just refusing to say slightly edgy things.

I will never forgive them for killing Screen Savers. Fuck Attack of the Shit.

Fuck off reddit.

Nigger they cast felicia day. It's gone. Just move on.

JOJO'S

DUMBASS

ADVENTURE

HEY

HEY Holla Forums

footstep sounds

I remember watching a lot of Call for Help on TechTV and there was some other channel that I remember had some kind of Quake 3 Arena esports show or something along those lines. This was on Neighborhood Cable in Australia in the early 2000's or so.

From the very beginning I hated Sessler and Webb though, they really did just come across as pic related, even to me in my early teens.

truly a man ahead of his time

might have been arena, towards the end they started just grabbing people off the street and paid them in pizza

You piss me off.

Call for Help and The Screensavers were awesome. Appropriately enough, the one AM station that's near me carries Leo's radio show, The Tech Guy.

Nah I found it, it was Quake Republic on NowTV.

HEH

back in 2002-3 i remember there was a channel called ….gaming network..or something like that.

they used to play trailers or gameplay of new upcoming/new released games and just general vidya news

does anyone remember that channel?

Damn straight my nigger

By any chance was the show hosted by Brits? I ask because remember around the same time The Game Show Network stated showing episodes of some UK vidya show in America for some reason.

I miss that show
I used to think cheat codes were so cool
and she was pretty hot

It's kind of offset by that I usually think of Mike, Kevin and Trace instead of thinking of Joel, Kevin and Trace when I think of MST3K even though the poor bastard's the creator, so Rifftrax is more in line with a MST3K revival for me anyways both in form and function

HELLO AND WELCOME TO REVIEWS ON THE CUCK

Man. Remember when video games were fun? Remember when game producers and developers weren't run by sociopaths that despise their market?

No

I remember seeing Quake 3 in those days and it seemed very odd to me. I was too used to the first person view.

At least it looks like the hosts play video games and know what they're talking about. Never saw any colored hair or facial piercings types when I watched it years back. I hope those people are off the air, they must be pushing 40 now.

Tommy left EP/Judgment Day/Reviews on the Run over a decade ago to do Video Games Live, making occasional appearances for old times sake. Vic is still there, but last I heard the show is no longer on any network, even in their native Canada. I wouldn't be surprised if the show ends next year, just so they could make it to 20 years.

It could be worse

Remember when games actually had cheat codes, or secret unlocks?

Remember when people weren't cucks?

Ah G4TV, the channel advertised for gamers, but showed stupid shit like Cops and Cheaters.

the only good thing to ever come from that fucking cesspool was Code Monkeys.

How the fuck is this sexist?

Its like you dont take enjoyment from niggers and wiggers getting the shit beat out of them.

My aunt and uncle were on cops. That shit hits a little close to home.

Yeah, the owner had no idea what he was doing with it, and didn't know what to do with it. He wanted to make a gamer channel, but it wasn't as big as other channels, so most advertisers avoided it. He tried to change the content multiple times and people stopped watching.

I live in georgia, I get that shit for free

I understand cops harrassing retarded people, but they take their aggression out on everybody. I've talked with cops my entire life. One's that interact with kids and teens a lot are pretty nice, but most are hardasses. I'm not retarded and always treat the police with respect, but they are always hardasses.

Cops are mostly that kid in High School who got off on bullying everyone.

AHAHAHAHA!!!! That clip will never stop being funny.

Police officers aren't park rangers, you big sissy.

Tomb Raider pissed off a lot people on both ends of the spectrum. Cuckservatives felt the game was selling sex to kids with a busty protagonist and Eidos' advertising playing it up, while libcucks hated it because muh unrealistic portrayal of womyn.

Plus it was the 90s when PC politics were coming into form, plus EP was based in Canada where a lot PC bullshit originated from.

That post said nothing about park rangers you fucking retard.

Glad to see you're a Tech TV fan, Satan.

My grandfather, and his brother were both cops, and they kinda have to be hardasses due to all the shit they have to deal with. But they are all around nice guys.

I was planning on getting into the force too once I finish a couple year in the air force.

Nigger/Chad detected.

You're the retard for missing the point.

Tech Tv's programming was great. Also g4's early attempt at with the whole Machina mmo thing always amused me. Can't remember what it was called. Portal I think?

Also Webb has always been considered the fake gamer chick. Turns out it was reverse, Adam is a fucking hack meanwhile webb has a passion for it, works at blizzard last I knew so at least she's being more productive then the cokefiend.

Explain away asshole.

The problem is Cops had no business being on a fucking vidya channel, nigger.

Try being in a job where depending where you patrol you can get killed any day of the week. Try being in a job that requires you to tame the elements of their society when that at their worst and won't comply.

Awww, did the big bad police man hurt your fee fees when he caught you speeding nigger?

Also;

It's like you enjoy routine bro assfucking and homoerotic beach volleyball.

Cops in my County couldn't catch a murderer if he was committing the act in front of them.

Only sheltered fags who've never seen any actual criminal activity use the COPS R BULLIES meme. I hope a cop body slams you at your next BLM meet up.

How do you not get it? Cops aren't like park rangers; they're not there to make you put a blanket over you and give you hot chocolate and make you feel warm and fuzzy. Cops are there to uphold the law and are bound by it.

I don't understand why people that hate the cops are assumed to be troublemakers, black people, black lives matter, etc…

Nobody said they had to treat me "warm and fuzzy", they just shouldn't be hardasses to people that don't cause problems.

No wonder you keep getting in trouble. If you were in a white area you would be handled properly.

Me too. I'd love a few free million dollars in exchange for a couple of weeks recovery and every cop being too pussy to ever pull me over again.

Cops don't really get anything done. Stop being a salty nigga.

Nice derail, faggot.

mark i know you're fucking here pull the trigger

Because they generally are.

I didn't like it when I got a speeding ticket from a cop who was stern and not the least bit friendly. But ultimately that's because I felt I was being inconvenienced, not because the cop was a jerk.

When you get caught breaking the law you suffer the consequences, and when you punish someone it's too teach a lesson, not to be your buddy.

And you should stop being a nigger. Can't wait till you get pulled over and then piss and moan how the cop was "mean".

This must be bait anyway, since no one can hate cops as a whole. I bet you're a Sovereign Citizen

Its such a simple joke and your throwing a fit because you cant understand it. He said they are not park rangers because you complained about cops being hard, which implies you want them to be softer. And because of that he made a joke about how park rangers are soft and there to treat you nicely, while cops have to deal with degenerates, so they are not so nice.

Haha, time to post this video.

:^)

I don't even pay taxes, nigga. Welcome to the America we illegals own.

Not a derail. People were talking about this before.

No they aren't. You lie because you hate black people.
Another fucking lie. I never asked the cop to be my buddy. Instead of the cops treating everybody like shit, they could go after rapists and thieves and shit, but nobody gives a shit and assumes the whole population are a bunch of troublesome "niggers".
I'm responding to these shitty posts because they are full of racism and lies.

People who've never even done research into what cops deal with and/or have never been punished for doing something wrong are impossible to deal with, since they're either niggers, spoiled children who've never been around criminals, or both.

Rifftrax really does do the job, and they get to go ahead and do major films with the whole business model of rifftrax. But I'm hoping the mst3k series stuff thats still to come does turn out allright, I don't want things to turn out badly. It's just that they usally come out that way.

It this shit for reals? Are we being raided or is this just bait?

FUCK OFF BAJO AND HEX

Where are you from?

Jesus, not to mention a cop should NOT think that everyone is nice and friendly, its safer and better to think they are a threat and they are going to cause trouble. A cop could die at any time, if you lets his guard down around anyone. And has to deal with shit like and should be commended for being patient enough to deal with people like this. Its like with video games, if you think every game is good before you play it, you're are almost always going to be dissapointed, except for a cop it possibly results in death.

THE RAID IS REAL

No, mentioned the show COPS, which was on topic enough. One could argue that was still talking about the show. Then you just had to throw in your butthurt two cents, which turned the thread into what it is now. That's a derail. Doesn't help that you keep fucking posting.

Oh whatever then, you'll be deported by January or your baiting.

Oh god

Where do you think you are, nigger?
They won't assume if you aren't one or acting like one nigger

GUYS WE'VE GOT A LIVE CUCK ON THE PREMISES

And fuck you too Mark.

On the topic of police, I've met a few "in the wild". A few of them were cool, but a few of them were hardass dicks. I've gotten a few speeding tickets here and there, so that's where I draw my experience from. Cops are just people who do a job. They don't deserve any glory or any unnecessary hate. Maybe certain individuals deserve those things, but "cops" is just a term to describe a subset of people who have to uphold the law. Don't get in their faces in the same way that you wouldn't get your boss's face, and don't break any laws or keep a low profile you dipshit and you'll be fine.

Stop being so fucking emotional. Problems arise when you attribute emotionally charged concepts to entire groups of people with broad and generalizing strokes. Anyway, this shit sounds like it belongs more on Holla Forums. This isn't V I D E O G A M E S

I think video related is a much better example of what cops have to deal with when talking about life or death.

Let's continue our cuck discussion of G4 Tech TV

I mostly watched G4 for the video game-related cartoons and sketches on X-play when I was younger.

You just outed yourself as a border jumping spic, I don't see why anyone would have sympathy for you.

it was never good.

Has there been some kinda of cuckchan or reddit exodus recently?

Theres just been a string of shitty threads like this daily.

The other day there was a tribute to kotaku thread.

well Leddit is going under after their creator gets jailed, and kekchan has always had a steady stream of faggots polluting other chans

Once you get away from 4chan thats what its known for in its later era on the alternative chans, supplying a steady stream of people who pollute other imageboards and bring down the level of discussion. This Holla Forums is higher quality than the one there was in a long, long,long time.

Reddit probably won't go under, the sites too big and too popular for someone to not just buy it out/run it.

I enjoy these things for a nostaliga factor, this threads still breety video gamessssssss