ITT: Videogame shit that turned out to have a real world inspiration thats not common knowledge

ITT: Videogame shit that turned out to have a real world inspiration thats not common knowledge

In the 1800's a strain of Rye was distributed while infected with a ergot fungus. This drove entire villages into frenzies with reports of children as young as 12 butchering their families with large knives. It was the reason many towns become ghost towns quickly and the start of many modern day 'hill people' bloodlines as the effects wore off and generations continued living in squalor outside normal society.
It is now considered the reason behind the madness of the Witch hunts and some scientists are investigating if there is some modern variant that may influence the tumblr generation.

The more you fucking know eh?

Also Russians totally had those little floating machines from MGS3.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ergotism
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hiller_VZ-1_Pawnee
imgur.com/a/K1utf
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'm onto you witch

Witches were wise chemists who dindu nuffin
Tonight its you in the fukken pot boy!

BEGONE CRONE

Can you tame a fungus?

There are people that still dont know that Rome fell because of the wine poisoned with lead which turned everyone into mental ill homosexuals that did orgies all day everyday. One of their emperors got mad because the christans werent degenerates like them and tried to burn a district and blame hem but it backfired and almost burnt the whole city. They became basically Sweden getting raped by dindus and loving it.

Gonna need some citations and shit

Rome fell because they let a barbarian become emperor.

One of the sidey effects of being fucking crazy with tons of toxic metal acumulated on your brain

they did go crazy, like how one emperor ordered his soldiers to attack the sea (and they complied and started slashing at the waves), but I don't know if it made them gay.

Go away Alex Jones

Not necessarily, but it's easy to get around in TLoU. Really, the Cordyceps issue should've been solved in the 20 year time-skip, but apparently the gov't didn't have its shit together at all.

The ocean deserves to die

I suppose this is what you're talking about:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ergotism
I don't see any of the 12 year olds murdering their families nor isolated degenerate offspring though.

I dont know what you mean dearie, want some gingerbread?

user have you been drinking lead wine again?

Quick test: is this a boy or girl?

I'm listening to a halloweeney podcast about it. Monster Talks episode "the zombie antpocalypse"

No but you can tune a fish

That's hot

This sounds like the closest real life equivalent of the "who would win in a fight: a platoon of marines vs a stick."

There were a few key details you left out:

Just for example.

I can imagine consuming lead with anything turns everyone dead, sooner or later.

Trick question, it doesn't matter.

You wont fool me again, araki.

Nero wasn't even in Rome, and no one trusted them and he used them as a fall man. However many thought nero went too far in his actions against christans.

Mid/late Imperial Rome had several provincial emperors. Most of them good. Trajan, Hadrian, etc.

Caligua is the product of having his entire family purged around him and being forced to be fuckbuddies with the old man who ordered it.. He was never going to be sane.

Rome did not fall for one singular reason, my disdain for you all is at an all time high.

Samurai of samurais.

Sounds like hinamizawa syndrome

We all triggered that trap card user ;_;

Going to need a source on this, bucko.

Oh yikes, look at America today.

I think they're trying to replicate Rome's collapse, but I don't think it's big enough to work.

Also gonna need a source on this.

At least he didn't order them to attack a cartoon frog.

Hello Holla Forums why do you have to remind me of how shitty my country is and will most likely continue to be?

Hey, it's not shit, it's the best country in the world.

All the other ones besides Japan are basically dung age compared to America, on all levels, and yes this includes Europe.

Japan is insulated, but stagnant, so they improve along with the best of the world, which is us.

America's in a tight spot because we're winding up for a new world war, OR we're in a cold war where wars are being fought with words, not bullets. Buckle up, don't accept bullshit from your peers, and things will be returned to as the were, so we can advance towards the stars again.

Cheer up, buddy.

I know it's the best in the world but that doesn't say much when your best competition either has declining birth rates or "refugees welcome"

Ah yes, my favorite chapter of ancient history, together with "Aeschylus got hit by a tortoise shell in his head and died" or "Chrysupphus allegedly died of laughter from seeing a donkey eat figs"

Surely he won't user :^)

Japan tends to do stuff like this. I'm pretty sure Amarant from FFIX is based in the folkloric version of Kotaro Fuma

look, the fact that we're doing better in the first place is a fucking dream, and you can't expect the best to be to your standards in geo-politics, because everyone has skeletons in the closet.

The important thing is that we stay the best, and that we watch the mistakes of others to learn what to NOT do, which the rest of the world is kindly taking the bullet on that one for us.

Point is, if you find it to be lacking, then uphold your virtues in everyday life, and that will be enough to help improve the country. Live your life according to your greatest moral. The rest isn't worth tearing your hair out over.

Encourage others to be a good example by being a good example, and don't let people take advantage of your kindness, teach them to fish and help them grow thick skin. That's how I live my life every day, and it noticeably improves the lives of the people I know and the people I don't. Be good, and others will follow, be unafraid to speak your mind. It's the antibody to this virus.

The fact that some young idiot on Holla Forums will read this and think "oh yeah this totally happened, makes sense" is fucking hilarious to me.

Roman plumbing was also made of lead, but the description that you gave doesn't match the psychological effects of lead poisoning, you must be from /chris/ right?

It was actually an American project. It didn't took off because flying platforms fly just lowly and slowly enough to be shot down by ground forces and high enough to ensure that the pilot ~will~ die if he falls.

The Davy Crockett was real too, and was also retarded.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hiller_VZ-1_Pawnee

Nero was hard on christians because christians refused to pay their goddamn taxes.
That's all it was.

90% of anything that happens in history, happens because of money.

Also just to clarify things, Nero didn't burn Rome, Rome burnt itself because it was originally a piece of shit city build out of wood with fire hazards everywhere.
If anything he did the city a favor by ordering it to be rebuilt with better materials and specifications precisely to avoid fire hazards to spread and burn everything to the ground.
Hollywood paints Nero as some kind of crazy pyromaniac when ironically enough he was the polar opposite.

I feel you, mah nig.
But hey, atleast we have best girl.

The fall of empires is a constant through history, and history repeats itself.

Christian here.
Can confirm that is only 1/4 correct

Confirming that knows what he's talking about.

Nero apologists pls go

Nothing beats Germany in seemingly retarded ideas that could actually work:

Let me paint you a picture:

A bunch of people enter the US, they form a cult, and decide not to pay taxes anymore to the US government.

And the cult keeps getting bigger and bigger.

What is the proper course of action to take in this situation?

The US government doesn't require you to worship the president.

You still have to subscribe this "'murica, fuck yeah!" attitude, even if it's less institutionalized.

Outsourcing isn't necessarily a bad thing as long as there are still jobs around. Best thing to do would be invest the money into education as well as various white collar and service jobs.s

You failed already.
Read Acts, user. They became known as "Christians" at Antioch, and before that they were "followers of The Way" etc. Christ-followers were Jews first, then they got kicked out of the synagogue because "God's gonna take away muh power and shekels" Pharisees, then Pharisees started hunting them down, then the faith spread even further and went throughout the races and even expanded to the ROMANS
ROMAN CITIZENS
OF ROME
started to become Christians en masse.

Christians weren't Mexicans hopping some Roman border.
Also, Jesus covered the thing about taxes. You know, with the "give to Caesar what is Caesar's" thing?
And all the epistles (Apostolic letters) of the Scriptures state to pray for authority (that God's will is done in, through, and with them not that they succeed) and to pay your taxes.

What is this magic?

Also this

The patriotism of Burgeristan isn't natural, it's based mostly on hero worship. And so it's pretty much the same thing from a practical standpoint.

Are you for fucking real right now? Do you know how many people do nothing but bitch about America and think canada and the UK are infinitely better? And this train of thought is the one that is institutionalized because all the people who think that way are teachers getting their bonuses slashed. The entire tumblr generation thinks america is a third world country comparable to russia or china just because some pastors in kentucky don't like gays. Also fuck off this is not a Holla Forums thread

Not any more, no. It's dead because the next generation hates itself, hates whites, and hates America as a whole because
And other Commie-enduced nonsense

So Cultural Marxism replaced patriotism, just like how Christianity replaced Roman religion.

Send them to the fema camps

Then it will be another empire. We're too far into development to go back an age.

OLD MEN

I can go on, especially since this is so intensely retarded on every level no matter how it is read, but I'm gonna go eat instead.

…Okay, I have to though:

I'd watch that

The filetype is just a container. It can have anything in it.

Who told you the US is the be-all end-all of things?
History keeps going, what we are living is simply the downfall of an empire and another one will raise, but of course, JEWS is a better answer for those with their heads deep in their own ass and unable to accept the flow of history.

>>>/apng/

The first Universities were literally made out of monasteries.

A part of the culture gets replaced by a "foreign" culture that has an identical role.
Telling children that America is the best country of the world because Washington was such a god guy is the modern version of telling the plebs that they should be content with their place, because their ruler is a god. You teach children made up stories about Washington to make believe that he was a goo guy, and you make the plebs worship the emperor like a god, so that they will believe that he is a god.
Cultural Marxists do behave like the followers of a religion. And you yourself called it a cult just now. Was Christianity not a cult at first? This cult just has different roots and spreads differently. By "just like" I don't mean "it was step-by-step the same thing, and it started in a province of the American Empire, by some local who tried to reform the aboriginal region of that area and then…". Did you go to a Common Core school, or do you have the 'tism?

Could be a witch, hardly has a nose so I don't know. Better to spray her now and ask questions later.

It's a very ingenious fuel system, considering the airframe and engine worked in (admittedly separate gliding & test fire) testing postwar, but the armament seems really anemic. As far as weird war projects go, I'm very partial to the Lerche. It's a coleopter prop craft that's got the same two 30mm autocannons, but also has space for three wing-mounted wire guided missiles that split strategic bombers in half. From the bits of IL-2 1946 footage I've watched, the standing/laying cockpit design with a 360 degree dome also preempts the pilot visibility problems of some of the postwar coleopter experiments (which have conventional sitting cockpits with a complete ventral blind spot) and makes it not too troublesome to land. It's only a little slower at max speed than the Me-262, too, but can run better at slower speeds and regains energy more easily.

Have there been any coleopter fighters in videogames outside of this one flight sim expansion? Because there damn well should be.

That was way after the Roman Empire though

>tfw Holla Forums is the best at political discussion

Not exactly true, it needs to have the right contents to be read properly. The thing is just that modern browsers have an extremely high bullshit tolerance and are good at correcting errors, so if you feed them an image with .jpg extension which is actually a gif in the binary header, they'll render the gif. And in the case you responded to, it's an apng as other anons have pointed out.

There's a difference between things that are said and things that are done. Feminists says they are about gender equality and Black Lives Matter says they're fighting against racism. If Jesus says, "hey bruh, pay your taxes." and then literally every Christian is like, "lol, fag, no." then the government doesn't give a fuck what Christian teachings are, only what Christian actions are.

Nigger that didn't mean "pay your fucking taxes".
Mark 12:14-17

The pharisee held up a roman coin which had a picture of the emperor and an inscription on it which had the abbreviation DN (among others) which meant Dominus Noster or Our Lord. In saying "render unto caesar what is caesar and unto god what is god's" was reminding them of their idolatry with their "hypocrisy" of loving coin, not practicing what they preached (as jews even today do), by holding coins that say caesar is god rather than their lord, and going so far as to open markets inside their temple so they can make money. He told them that although caesar runs the roman empire, god runs everything so everything that is caesar's is god's by default.

It was probably the biggest fuck you in history to the pharisees and I imagine every one of his disciples snickered under their breath at them being rekt so hard. The passage itself isn't about taxes it's about the pharisees being faggots.

Later on the same page at Mark 12:38-44 Christ covers the in a bit more detail, once again saying the pharisees were attentionwhores then as people were throwing money into the treasury he said "Verily I say unto you, that this poor widow hath cast more in, than all they which have cast into the treasury. For they all did cast in of their superfluity: but she of her poverty did cast in all that she had, even all her living." Which was basically that the outward value of your actions aren't as important as the inward affects of the heart or "do the right thing because it's good, not because you can do a lot."
As far as "pay your taxes" is concerned, it is still necessary to keep the roman empire going and everyone knew the roman empire had brought them many benefits that helped them prosper so yes do it because it is necessary and right.

Your terrible grammar and profanity are a disgrace, but your insight into the deeper rebuke against the Pharisees is rarely seen.

I can only add that the subject of taxation is the superficial, face-first understanding of the passage hence why I mentioned it, but I'm really surprised you were able to detail this much. I actually learned (maybe re-learned) a bit of something from this post. Thanks, user.

Now stop cussing like that.

Also,
As I recall, the disciples were more often shocked whenever Christ rebuked the religious leaders rather than gleeful. They of course preferred Christ Jesus but it was actually very shocking to see and hear Jesus shredding their hypocrisy apart, especially back in those days. Makes you wonder why there would ever be Judaizers trying to blend Pharisaical false doctrine with the true faith. Clearly they didn't read very far ahead.

And they paid their taxes

ON TOPIC: Wasn't the gunblade an actual thing but it never got off the ground because it was inferior?

There have been many "gunblades" throughout history, so yes. I don't have any pics on me but they varied from having the gun and blade combined like that one from final fantasy to having a gun as the guard of the blade and it being an otherwise normal saber, to some just having a very large and built in bayonet.

What caused the hyper inflation? Whenever I read about rome the thing I see thrown around is that rome ran out of shit to casually loot, and their war economy ran out of steam.

Rabbi pls go

What's the joke with Saber? She's a cute if generic anime girl, why would you not expect her?

second image seems to be animated, but it's still broken

It's a meme you dip

I bet you don't even like monster trucks you filthy commie

from what I can tell, they were basically just gimmicks for gangs and collectors after people figured out that they don't work

Since we're all in the "making shit up that could have inspired vidya" bandwagon, I'm going to go ahead and say the Jew authorities told Nero that Christians were the ones who didn't pay taxes just ignore those law-abiding Roman citizens–they're treasonous rebels too because they just happen to identify themselves as Christians, ok goy? while conveniently neglecting to mention that they're the ones hoarding all the gold tax collecting was a popular Jew profession, see Matthew so they'd be the ones to ask where the money was going in the first place.

Hey, it worked that one time some crazy prophet coming from bumfuck province was ranting about being kind to others and that God didn't want money but good deeds. They had that poor sod nailed the cross, even after the governor at that time thought something was fishy with the whole uprising against Rome movement…

Thanks for informing us, you atheist.

Like this? It's just one google search away. I know we all hate and despise Google but come on. Just because the Jews running it are scum that should go to >>>/oven/ doesn't mean the tools are useless.

What

Caligula didn't seriously think he was going to war with the sea, he had the troops literally attack the english channel because they refused to cross it to invade Britain. Then he had them roam around the beach all day collecting seashells just to humiliate them. He knew what he was doing. He did shit like this all the time. He even tried to make his horse a consul just to piss off the senate.

You want a crazy emperor (or some other higher-up)? How about the one that ordered a pleb's carp offered as a gift to be used to scrub the pleb's face?

The roman senate over the ages would make one hell of a comedy.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Suie an0n. And candy grows on trees.

imgur.com/a/K1utf

Outside of just the coins having less silver in them, it was more mismanagement of public funds by various emperors. some did better then others.

Nero is what happens when your victims get to write the history about you. It's never going to be pleasant. See: Domitian

Caligula was unhinged. The seashells where paraded around Rome as loot of the conquest. I'm not saying he's as bad as is made out, but the guy should of never taken the purple.

And yeah, the horse thing was more a joke people take out of context. Calm down Claudian, Tiberious was okay before he got old and pervy.

SOON, BROTHERS!

I have the same birthdate as Nero which made me look him up when I was a teenager, and yeah, modern media and historians like to paint him as shit because he was basically a harsh, but fair leader. It was also very difficult to get favors from him unless he already had the same ideas as the prospective bootlicker in the first place. Which is why his proto-SJW enemies gleefully write condemnations of him after he died and made sure no one else was there to correct the record.

Willem Dafoe Jesus was best Jesus.

Let's see if Holla Forums knows any of these:

BASIC TIER

MID TIER

HARD MODE

the joke only works if the girls are spoilered and between other images

That's bullshit but I believe it

Are you actually retarded? Lead piping for water was common, but most of the wealthier strata of Rome would seek out other materials because the effects of lead was known to them, hence Saturn being mad and also being the god of lead. Even the masses would take efforts to make sure pregnant women and young children didn't drink from those water sources if they could help it. While i'm sure there was actually lead poisoning going around it wasn't like everybody in the entirety of the Empire was downing entire cubes of lead a day. Rome fell for a myriad of reasons, social decay being one. Also nobody trusted Christians and the Romans already had the whole Mithraism debacle. Also Nero was painted in a bad light by christian historians. He wasn't nearly as bad/mad as he is depicted to be. Also raped by dindus? What even are you talking about? There were influx of foreign slaves on the large plantation style estates in Italy but they would have came from, common slave ports like Crimea, and captured soldiers possibly. Sub-Saharan Africans had a very limited if any at all encounter with the Romans. Caligula, and Nero are representative of all Roman emperors or Roman citizens. Sure there was growing decadency, disinterest in war and outsourcing it to foreign legions. It's like you read a couple paragraphs of Roman history and regurgitated it in the least intelligent way possible onto your screen. I'm a pleb who doesn't read as much as he should and even i'm deeply disgusted by your confident ignorance.

Excuse my shitty grammar, and spelling mistakes. I was actually thoroughly booty ruslted by anons immense faggotry.

ZELDA KILLER

I swear to god, this board lose IQ every day that election get closer, I can't wait for this shit to be over

Social justice warriors are fungal zombie people?

Tell me more

Gonna need some sauce

if its anything it will be Toxoplasmosis
>1/3 of all humans infected

yeast infections

Ergotism can cause hallucinations but it's nothing like a parasite controlling the brain of its host to reproduce. It's just eating a toxic mushroom.

Grow up you retarded little shit.

Who's to say Rome actually fell, everything we do is based off Rome, our entire system and actions mimics the Roman Republic. Hell our symbol of our land is the same as Romes, Rome will continue to live on as long as the Western Culture exists

Well that was a journey.

Actually the heir the Roman Empire is Turkey.

That's like saying Italy is the successor of the roman empire or the HRE was related to it. The roman empire was unique because of culture, nation-state, order, and the singular military logistics, not the territory they annexed. Sure, Byzantine survived longer than the western roman empire, that doesn't make the current situation in turkey any more related to the romans than current year Singapore.

This is what americans believe

All revisionist bullshit. They hadnt any real knowledge of chemistry and kept drinking lead because it made things sweeter while spiraling into complete degeneracy.

You are what Holla Forums calls a good goy

The problem with being the top dog is that everyone else wants to be the one to knock you down.
Even little pissant countries like North Korea.

But let me get this across to everybody. Much like how cows are going to be the ones to miss humanity the most when humanity goes extinct;
The entirety of modern western civilization and even some eastern ones will miss the U.S. when it is no longer the top power in the world.

the killer is a hero.

Well, you guys do have a lot of guns, I will give you that.
As any empire, USA had it's moment, but everything ends.

Fixed.

FTFY

Reminder that if your waifu isn't virgin you should kill yourself.