Leaving the character idle doesn't make them eventually fall asleep

My favorite idle animation is in Forbidden Siren.
If your character has a gun, and you leave them idle, they'll reload the gun by themselves.
It looks nice and it's pratical at the same time.

I can't think of any other game that does this.

if you shoot a certain number of bullets out of your pistol in the metal slug games and then stand still, your character will pop in a new magazine. Pretty cool shit, considering you functionally have infinite ammo anyway, so stopping to reload is funny.

Did any game other than Sonic CD have a bad outcome for going idle for too long?

Why live?

Well yeah i know that one, but it serves no pratical function.
I was thinking about other games where reloading is important.
In FS reloading during a fight will get you killed 100% of the time, so reloading every time you're not doing something else is essential (if you're lucky enough to even have a gun, that is)

If I'm not mistaken in halo 2 there is a reload idle animation, but it doesn't actually reload your gun

Darkwing Duck on the TG-16. Idle for too long and a safe falls on you. Don't remember if it instantly killed you or just damaged you. Not one of the finer games I had played as a kid.

I think the AVGN did an episode on it.

Whats the point of the gif being so large.

She's a big girl.

Did someone say sleeping idle animations?

People who don't /sleep when afk are fags

seriously, the fuck

need to fulfill specific conditions for this one too, but pretty cool nonetheless

10/10

Man fuck fairies.

sotn had some neat details

For you

I would if they were real

Don't bully the fairies!

With her legs wide open towards the player too.

How did I never know about this? Amazing

It's the little things

In Freedom Fighters, standing still long enough would have your character reload your gun.

If you crouchwalk too much in MGS4 Snake will touch his back and groan.
And that will actually ALERT GUARDS.
I would never get mad when that happened because it's such a cool goddamn touch.

But you have streets

gonna need a sauce on that there, buddy

it also keeps you from crouchwalking all the time, as it generally keeps you more hidden then walking so there's no reason to not otherwise unless you're in combat.

It's a sweet game mechanic that weaves into the character himself.

SR2 is still one of the best sandbox games ever made, in terms of making a city that actually feels alive and real if nothing else.

Look up Volition's GDC presentations, the videos and the .pdfs. They're pretty long but some interesting shit.

this is why I hate gta5

Bullshit, Saints Row the third was the memelands of the Saints Row series, it's literally all flash and no substance.

You say that but SNK has gone full vidya again. Might have a new Metal Slug game soon.

Ok.

I'll give you that they improved the gun play and enemy variety, but you have half the weapon variety of 2, plus you're pretty much bulletproof so there's little to stop you from running around and doing grapples and throws all the time to kill everyone but the specials which is how I got through the game.
The driving in 2 had issues but I don't remember anything memorable about it in 3. Again there was a fraction of customization variety for the vehicles, plus Steelport was bland and lifeless as hell with little reason to drive around except to get to the next activity or mission which is probably why I don't remember much about the driving.
The missions were action set pieces that would put call of duty to shame which would be ok if the story was engaging or even decent enough to string them together in a meaningful way but it wasn't. The only mission that I could say I legitimately enjoyed was the Tron like one at the end of the hacker gang story line, all the others were either generic explosion fest or try hard bullshit like the choice at the end of the game or the fucking zombie mission.
Come on son, the dildo bat is just the tip of the iceberg, and I could forgive it, I even like the wacky Japanese gameshow-esque American gladiators activity. You know what makes it Meme Row the third? Shit like a fucking Adult Swim tie in radio station, the Bert Reynolds cameo, a crew mate that speaks in autotune, the Talladega Nights reference activity, a fucking zombie level that purposely gimps you so it feels like a zombie survival level and the fucking last mission where you have to rescue Tandi and it plays "Holding out for a hero". There's most definitely more but this is all I remember from when I played the game 5 years ago but you get the point. There's no theme they just throw shit to the wall to see what sticks, and where they can't make humor the shove in references.
I haven't even touched on the general lack of character customization options in a game about character creation or the cancerous DLC, remember 40 weeks of DLC, and selling you cheats and shit that would have been unlockables in 2? I do. I will say that 3 had a better physics engine that 2 but for all the shit that came with it ,fuck it, there's no way it's better than it's predecessor.

Looks like Samurai Shodown is gonna be their next game at this point. But a new Metal Slug is definitely happening since it's one of their most recognizable IPs. I hope they add Maxima and Heidern as playable characters

Woah user that's some high quality shit you're bringing.

I really liked some details in this game

Now that I think about it, how do games do stuff like this to your character without you noticing that the character model suddenly pops in uniform tears and shit? Is it between cutscenes?

Yes. You get those scars in cutscenes and they stay on you after you return to gameplay.

In Witcher 3 Geralt's beard grows when you can't see him, like when you meditate, go through doors/loading screens. etc.