Phoenix Wright

New Phoenix Wright game is out

What's the general consensus? Is it as bad as Dual Destinies?

Dual Destinies isn't bad, and Spirit of Justice is better.

It just kind of felt disappointing. Like I felt the same with Apollo Justice after beating that. Like I played through the game and thought it was just okay.

And it was a weird feeling to me since Phoenix Wright used to be the game I bought a DS to play. And now it's just a "i'll pick it up maybe" sort of deal now to me.

It's a shame to me they didn't want to continue Phoenix's story since it does kind of feel they ran out of ideas after Trials and Tribulations. Which is why the Edgeworth game being so different makes sense to me now.

Don't know about consensus but I think its better than Dual Destinies and Apollo Justice.

I'm still on the final trial but the ones before it were bretty gud and even the ones without Phoenix are fun, especially since characters like Ema Skye and Simon Blackquill return.

But our greatest hero has yet to make a return.

Do you eat your totally american deep fried hamburger?

God, that looks QUALITY as fuck. Is the entire anime that hideous?

The fuck

EAT YOUR MICROAGGRESSIONS APOLLO

Apparently (if one user on NicheGamer's forums can be believed) the game is better than Dual Destinies and this is the only "red-flag" in the game.

I'm waiting for it to get cheaper though, since it's not physical. Xmas sale of 10%, or 1 year for like 25% or even 50% off.

I think its great. Just finished the game and honestly I'd say its probably one of my favorites of the series. I don't think I hated any one case this time around and the music was pretty top notch, especially with some character themes. However, I do think its better that I list the faults of the game rather than sing praises.

Overall, I'd say the game is probably one of my favorites of the series so far and not to spoil anything, but the ending is promising for the future of the series. I'd give it an 8/10.

Just finished the game and that's pretty much the only spot I've seen it. I haven't tried the DLC yet, but otherwise, nothing that caliber shows up again.

That said, I don't blame you for wanting to wait. Sage for double post.

Kind of makes me regret the "polite" email I sent to Capcom US saying I wouldn't buy it over it.

Then again, they think "micro aggressions" is a normal thing to say. That gives SJW a little more ground.
Bravely Default only had "a little bit" of censorship, then the sequel happened.

Having played through the whole game, the overall quality of the translation is shit. Not talking about ideological stuff, or how close it sticks to the source material. I mean basic fucking grammar, and the overall tone of it. It's not FE:Fates tier shit, but halfway there. Don't have any screenshots to show, but if you'll play it you'll see it.

Like I said, I don't really blame you. Its good to make sure your message gets across. Had I known beforehand, I'd probably have gotten a bit triggered myself personally. What did you write? I mean if you're regretting it, I assume it was some shit.

It was okay, better than Dual Destinies, Dhurke and Datz were cool, Nahyuta is okay?, Maya got two much hype considering that she's only really around for two cases.

Despite Phoenix and Apollo both having two cases, Apollo ended up practically being the main character this time around and the ending made me tear up just a little bit.

Although that doesn't excuse the fact that Lamiroir shows up in the credits, decides to reveal herself to Trucy and Apollo and then the game just fucking ends.

Case 1 is "mediocre tutorial case"-tier
I remember nothing from case 2 but I liked the setting.
Case 4 feels like a waste, I get it was a send off to Dual Destinies but It has no reason to be the way it is (One day trial, no investigation, like 9 pieces of evidence, no plot significance) It's not bad but it just feels weird

I enjoyed Case 3 and 5 a lot though

Presenting the badge to Edgeworth in case 5 shows that he's keeps in contact with Phoenix and still works somewhere under Edgeworth.

Yeah, I didn't see much else like that, "problematic" comes up strangely often but only really as a replacement for "bad" but whatever.

I think part of the problem I have with Phoenix Wright is the series feels a little predictable now.

Like I felt the same way with Justice for All. Like it was just more of the first game with a dominatrix prosecutor. But then the last case happened and I was legitimately surprised and shocked because your client is guilty the whole time and blackmails you inorder to get him off

I legit didn't expect that. Especially since one of the themes in the first game was "always trusting in your client". When it clearly showcases the naivete of the protagonist. I really adored that twist.

After Trials and Tribulations I haven't really felt "shocked" or even more than mildly surprised during a case in a Phoenix Wright game.

No. Nahshita is absolute garbage tier, worst character in the series ever. Even if you discount Edgeworth, you always had somewhat memorable and in a way *likeable* antagonists that didn't have their head up their ass all the time and made somewhat *FUCKING SANE* retorts. Remember Gavin or Godot? Usually when a new piece of evidence came, or a twist was made, they would think deeply and try to present at least a possible alternative scenario. The only thing pahjeet does is spit his stupid prayer garbage and spit 2deep4u oneliners.

And no, his "backstory" in case 5 doesn't make up for the hours I had to endure this stupidly flat and unimaginative character. Whoever wrote this character should be shot behind the shed.

That's Capcom's norm though. Its something we've put up with since the beginning when it comes to their localization. They're horrendous at spell checking their shit. Hell, they've meme'd it up from the start even. Its always been the sacrifice.

I personally really liked Case 2 since it actually made me like Trucy and the villain is pretty realized. Though I feel ya when ya say Case 4 is a waste. It was probably made short for how big Case 5 is though. Got that impression from a lot of the game really.
I did notice problematic once, but that's been a word I've heard since before Tumblr so I really didn't think much on it

I'll say the new one did make me feel a bit surprised with the twists, though I felt who turned out to be the villains in cases 2, 4, and 5 were predictable, even if the way we got there wasn't.

Yeah, but you have to agree the first half of case 5 was the freshest idea *that worked* since Justice for all.

Also one more thing
Y'all googles need a9hl in your life

It was fan service, but it was interesting fan service. Felt like a mix of 2-4 and 3-2.

I saw the twist coming for the final case, and Ga'ran link with the assassination of Queen Amara felt like a total asspull.

– The characters behave like human beings again
– Phoenix became a nice mix of his AA3 and AA4 personalities, he acts much more like a boss supposed to now, unlike the mentally handicapped rookie he was in AA5
– They finally began to unravel the shitfest that was AA5 along with the threads from AA4, that was long overdue. Apollo finally has his own backstory and goals and generally came into his own
– Apollo and Athena are no longer carbon copies of each other as a result. Athena was given a more distinctly green and irritable personality (emphasized by giving her a short 'starter' case in the game), while Apollo is now a sort of a middle ground on the level of AA3 Phoenix. Although it feels like a soft-reboot for Athena, basically disregarding the entire of AA5. I'm all for it, though
– This facilitates Athena's further development in AA7
– The shit with 'let's have 3 characters at the same time, undermining development time of each one' really fucking bothered me in AA5. Thankfully, they managed to deal with it this time, and Apollo ended the first phase of his Arc, similarly to Edgeworth in AA1-2.
– The also fixed ALL of the secondary characters. I even care about Trucy now of all people. Instead of being discount Maya, she really came into her own with this game, having a different personality (probably because Maya is already in the game), while also being more mature and less gimmicky. Maya's return was handled rather realistically, giving her a nice balance between her younger and mature selves. Ema is fixed now, too, again becomething the cheery Ema from AA1/AAI1-2, albeit more mature also. Pearls is no longer a 9-year-old retard with a body of a 17-year-old, like she was in AA5. Simon is great, hope to see more of his assistance in the future.
– A great opportunity for an Apollo spin-off series, although they probably won't do it.
– Finally good difficulty again, I no longer feel patronized every step of the way
– Every case is suprising, even in cases where the culprit is obvious (unlike AA5 where you could INSTANTLY tell whodunit based on the character design and be done with it, jesus)
The only twist I understood instantly was Inga's prosopagnosia the moment I saw the note

I'd also like to note Case 2 and how unexpectedly… final it felt. It could've easily been the last case for an Apollo Justice 2 game. The breakdown was magnificent, cool and actually kind of dark and sympathetic, unlike the last game where this stuff was mostly just played for laughs.

Overall, AA6 stands on its own as a great game, with writing now almost on par with the original trilogy (maybe a bit not quite yet), new and fresh characters, setting and abiities, which actually work, good twists and nice foreshadowing. These writing tricks were usually handled much less… mature and realistically, even in the trilogy.

The game is also much less rigid in its structure, willing to experiment for the sake of the story, It can be clearly seen the it was story first, and then the cases were built around it instead of mindlessly confining itself to a formula, so we have all these new case length variantions, which make much more sense and give the game a great sense of flow and logic. The same goes for new experiments with animations (especially that one cross-examination), which again goes to show that here it's 'plot first - structure second'.

They also laid a solid groundwork for a future game, unlike AA3-4-5, where they just shot themselves in the foot not knowing where to go next from here. I finally care about the series again after all these years. I guess I shouldn't have expected any less from the AAI2 team, since AA5 was so bad mostly because of internal and technical complications. Looking forward to AA7.

DD

at least we got some QT's out of spirit of justice

>Trucy will never make your penis disappear inside her pussy.

What was bad about Dual Destinies? It was my 2nd favorite PW.

Spirit of Justice is pretty good, they milked the Divination Seance for all it's worth in some cool ways and the difficulty is higher than in DD if that was your issue with it. Also Case 4 is so japanese it eats sushi and shits katanas but they still translated it pretty well, going so far as changing the kanji in one of the characters clothing to match closer to his localized name, so aside from "microagressions", the localization is 11/10, above what was expected.

>DD

test

Case 3, is that the Means one? Because that was the fucking worst, it just dragged on and on, like every other case in the game, but this one felt especially long and tedious for whatever reason.

I thought it was fine personally because of other things but I agree it was way longer than it should have been. I just liked it more than the other cases in that game.

NIGGER

kek

Speaking of suprises, I really felt like AA4 was trying to be a deconsturction of the series and its ideas of 'lawfulness' and what's good or not.
It was half-baked, because it was never properly finished, but sometimes these ideas shine through and were the game completed, we could have gotten the MGS2 of Ace Attorney. So I don't like AA4 much, but kind of respect it.

bump