I'm having a hard time understanding why reading a manual is so difficult...

I'm having a hard time understanding why reading a manual is so difficult. I understood the controls of this F-15 in one pass through this manual and was able to have a decent go at it. It took me four hours.

It was much more fulfilling, immersive, and most importantly fun because it commanding my full attention and skill in combat.

Do people have some sort of ADHD now?

Let me get this straight, you're asking this in a board that communicates using memes and reaction images and where every post that's too long and complicated is replied with "not your personal blog fag" or "tl;dr".

A board that obsesses over twitter shitposting of who said what about who and semplifies entire lives and personalities in a couple of tweets screenshotted and reposted here ad nauseam.

This is somehow the kind of crowd you think ISN'T a bunch of ADHD kids.

Learning skills requires time and investment along with a modicum of ability. Of course most people are going to give up before getting anywhere like me

I mean, you're right bro. I just expected more of these guys that's all. If someone says they aren't casual, I tend to believe they aren't casual and have taste in the genre they like.

Why the fuck would I fly a fake plane when I can fly a real plane?

because you don't have the thousands of dollars to own and fuel one?

I'm licensed to fly a biplane irl, and playing games like FSX and DCS sure as shit helped me to love, appreciate, and get used to the idea of flying before doing it for real. I also gained a lot of real world knowledge and familiarity that actually helped learn to fly.

This. That's why I stopped playing F1 games. If I want to drive an F1 car I'll go join a team and do it

tbh fam smh fly in one of these

Not everyone can be Amuro Ray. Sadly.

Probably because the DCS manuals are just that, manuals, and by definition they're not very interesting to read. Reading through pages and pages of ordnance abbreviations and procedures about de-icing is not fun even to someone who does not have ADHD. I'm pretty sure you need to be borderline autistic to enjoy it.

"Having a decent go" at the F-15 is not hard to begin with. It's fucking point and shoot, don't feel so proud because you did something in 4 hours when you could've just looked at the controls and get the same result in a fraction of that. Reading the manual doesn't make you any good at flying anyway.

If a game has to resort to information dumps to teach you how to play then it's shit. The only things it should explicitly tell me are the controls.

Say what you want about HL2's hitscan enemies and "not cutscenes", but at least it got the invisible tutorial thing right.

the paper and ink used to make the manual costs money so it had to be removed due to budget constraints

Time constrains, brah.

No one's got time for dat!

Yes, a majority of people who now inhabit the video gaming community have some form of ADHD. As well as some form of autism or aspergers, but there is also the case of people not actually giving a damn or effort in anything they do. Even if they or you love something, we're just an inconsiderate and selfish race.

Hardcore simfags aren't just "borderline" autistic, they're the CWC-tier.

just fly it and learn on the go, its easy as fuck. the only thing i didnt understand was the radar system and it took me a 5 minute video to get the hang of it.
this is actually the first jet plane i flew in a sim (after i fucked aroundin the frogfoot) i've only flew WW2 prop planes before this. the only thing i dont really understand yet is how to not get a SAM rocket up my ass the moment i enter the combat zone

>>>/reddit/
>>>/out/

Babby's first SPAMRAAM PLATFORM
FLY THE MIG21.

Yes social media and smartphones killed attention span.

I find it interesting because I like planes and war vehicles. If you don't find it interesting, you wouldn't be playing DCS. People who are interested in this sort of thing, read: /k/, would enjoy it.
You just have no passions and want a low barrier to entry

that board has higher attention span than normalfags.
let that sink in.

I like the way you think

Well, I can tell you haven't read the manuals.
DCS Manuals are a great reference after you've finished the airframe specific tutorials on how to work the finer points of an airframes avionics or systems.
Hell, the manual for the A-10 even leaves a couple of functions of the CDU out that you have to learn elsewhere, and it's nearly 700 pages.