So how did these turn out? They were censored and everyone quit talking about them the second they came out

So how did these turn out? They were censored and everyone quit talking about them the second they came out.

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/N8VKGxR9
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

1. Bad
2. Mediocre
3. Bad

Gameplay wise Conquest got some "It's the return of classic Fire Emblem!" reviews but that those with a grain of salt considering where they came from. Story-wise it is a mangled corpse of a game, no seriously, this isn't just remove swimsuit censorship, the script was fullblown mutilated by memes and translators and editors that didn't speak a lick of japanese shoving whatever they wanted in it.

Xenoblade Chronicles X was memed on and censored the boob slider but it was destined to be shit the moment they decided to use the shitty gameplay from Xenoblade Chronicles instead of making it The Witcher 3™: Now with mechs. It's okay I guess.

TMS is such a mess, it's a generic Persona esque lite game that's okay if you are that impatient for Persona 5 but seriously, shit got so cucked they made the original jap VAs redub lines about the characters ages and removed parts of the anatomy of the models all to censor it. Gameplay wise? It's generic shit with not a single original system on it, play Persona 3 or 4 or better yet, get Nocturne instead of this shit.

Holy shit I forgot TMS was even a thing. That game really dropped off the face of the Earth after it released.

Goes to show excessive censorship and memes really don't help when your game is already niche as fuck.

I like to think its more like, if your game is niche as fuck, and you piss off the already tiny fanbase, you'll have zero happy customers to get the game sold.

Yeah that's what I meant.

I just wonder who thought Tokyo Mirage Sessions was a good idea. You're already taking a gamble making a game on the Wii U, so why would you want to make an idol game, especially since there never really was an idol/otaku audience on Nintendo platforms in general? Hell I know some people get angry when you bring up this concept trailer which is vague and makes them say "They never promised anything!", but this is what people were hoping for and had fun imagining the whole time, I think a large majority of the people looking forward to the game did not expect to go a huge 180 and want to become Idolshit: The RPG.

FIIIIIIYAAAAA EMBUREEEMMMM

Pretty sure it was made into an idol game due to the idol industry wanting to recruit fresh blood and they made some kind of deal with Atlus. And I remember reading that there may even be a sequel at some point, again due to idol industry pressure.

It's been half a year and I still can't believe how fucking terrible the Fates localization is. While Treehouse is still shit as proven by later and earlier translations, I am fully convinced that they just handed the game off to Tumblr to translate as opposed to doing it themselves.

How much fresh blood do they need, they already have idolmaster and lovu liveu and fucking Persona 4 Dancing All Night. More over why did that have to interfere with the game itself?

Also why is the idol industry pressuring people, can someone please explain that to me?

Holy fuck I never saw the bit about the castles

that webm has been meme'd so many times it has lost all meaning

Once again the rage burns within me. I'll give you the short version. Outside of cut scenes all of the NPC's talking they they are typing into some sort of social media. Someone siad "this is tots bad!" Like what the fuck?
The biggest issue with this is that when you are dealing with quests about murders and traitors its GRATING AS FUCK, NOT TO MENTION COMPLETELY RUINS THE TONE.
HOLY FUCKING SHIT, HAS ANYONE IN THE OFFICE THAT TRANSLATED THIS FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT NEVER READ A READ FUCKING BOOK

So yeah. Its really does ruin the game.

Did the support convo that was all ellipses ever get "fixed" or did they just confirm that they are truly incompetent fucks and leave it in?

Did XC:X ever get a fixed fan translation or anything? I couldn't bring myself to even get past chapter 9 with how absolutely fucking unlikable the characters and translation are.

NO
NO
No I don't think so. Honestly? The story is so shitty its kinda like, why bother? There are so many wonky ass design choices for that game, I would really like to know what happened.

Pretty sure Takahashi wanted to focus entirely on gameplay this time around, even though the thing that attracted most people to Xenoblade Chronicles was its story and characters.

With any luck if there's ever another Xeno game they'll go back to the story/character focus.

Though, still doesn't explain some of the other wonky choices.

They were censored to shit so nobody cared to play the butchered versions.

Last I heard #FE and Xenoblade had uncensor patches, and Fates had a complete retranslation in the works that was put on hiatus for some reason

Considering how the entire game is beyond repair, I'll assume that they just left it as a blank.

Why would someone do this?

That first one, with the pickles. What's the dialogue like in JP?

Because they get money for every change or are scumsucking tumblr faggots, depending on which version of the story you want to believe.

I don't really know if that could stand on its own, game play is the sum of its parts, but just the time spent hitting things with a stick. I don;t think that would even stand on its own.

Because it's an easy payday for literally removing content.

I fucking loved the shit out of all these Especially Xenoblade X censorship pissed me off but IF you can manage to not be a total fucking fag, they're all amazing games picture unrelated

session was extremely terrible
Xenoblade of no one played pretty censored
Fates was murdered raped then set on fire.
I bought a used copy of conquest(20 bucks) and holy fucking shit We've got trouble happens a lot more then a few times nintendo will never be good again CAN"T wait for FIRE EMBLEM AND ANIMAL CROSSING FOR MOBILE PHONES get ready to pay off a vitural hosue with real money buy levels to help your Fire emblem characters thru missions OH FUCKING JOY LOOKING FORWARD TO THAT

was the fan translation ever finished?

Not even close. Plenty of people wanted to talk about it but were immediately dogpiled by people who were more interested about the censorship. Eventually nobody bothered.

Too expensive
Mediocre with a real mixxed soundtrack coming off a good soundtrack from its prior. And suffers for having the build a character system. It could have been improved with more aquireable means of exploration (like cliff trecking gear, areas where youd go with say a hangglider instead of your huge robot, boats to travle to the other areas) more of a focus on a strong story with you going to the areas as the story progressses instead of the skyrim aproach where you can travel anywheres after the prologue.

Cant speak on the other 2 aside from #fe being the poormans persona with idols.

If I recall, the original team working on it quit, but some other group picked it up again not long afterwards.

Thats what happens when nobody buys a game and the marketing budget runs out

This. The fun police wouldn't let anyone talk about the game because of MUH CENSORSHIP and MUH LOCALIZATION. If Holla Forums existed in the 90s people wouldn't be able to have threads about Final Fantasy Tactics or about all of the butchered games of that era, I imagine.

Lurk more, you pussies. The game is brought up every once in a while. It's been discussed several times, at least. Hell I recall seeing people talk about it a week ago.

I thought summer was over.

The original team finished the support conversations and released a patch for that. There's a new team working on the actual story.

Atleast that's what I've read.

Even halfchan's /vg/ had threads for the game for months. The thing is once you get the Ether Blossom build there's not much else to talk about since you're going to plow through everything in the game, including the online missions.

I'll be honest witchu, if a bunch of dialogues in Xenoblade Chronicles X was a bunch of cringey fetish material, then its no mystery in my mind why they changed it.

The pantsu thing was a travesty, though.

Star Ocean V could be added to that list. Barely anyone talked about it because the game was just decent like most of those up there.

I'd say it's, arguably, the worst Star Ocean game and people aren't talking about it because they're disappointed.

I've never seen the webm before, but none of the witcher games had good game play. CDPR are trash.

How do I install the Fire Emblem If translation patch?

I installed the game, the update, the 3.1 translation patch and did the luma locale thing (which I did right because the main menu shows the 1.1 patch) but I'm still in Nipponese.

Assuming you picked up the old one it's only supports. Find where you downloaded the patch and read the what the patch is actually patching.

Or you know, one of the good SMT games. With an actual soundtrack or art design…

I knew the localization was bad, but I had no idea it was this pozzed.

so when the "nocturne is bad" meme started?

Nintendo were great even in 2014 still.
What the fuck happened

Inafune died and the flood of shit he was holding back poured out.

user go home you're drunk

u wot

There were outrage threads full of shills shilling that reached the reply limit daily for at least a few weeks after xenoblade x was released.

Have you been living under a rock

No, just tired. It's 3 AM here. I can't keep track of Japanese names at the BEST of times, let alone sleep deprived.

Don't kid yourself.

Normalfags and casuals haven't, do not and never will care about censorship.

If it came out on PS4 it would have sold decently.

That's an achievement considering how terrible 4 was.

Kinda stupid.

Sure gameplay is nice and all but a JRPG without a good story and cool characters is pointless. Nobody is going to invest 70 hours into a game just for the battle system/mechs.

Normalfags and casuals don't really buy niche JRPGs, either. The only people that ate that shit up are the thirsty retards that do the "we must buy it so they bring over more!" nonsense and the handful of SJWeebs that unironically read Kotaku for anime news.

I wonder.

1. censored but not a thing anyone at all wanted.

2.censored it's p.fun but it's alot to go through.

3.a fucking mess.

Every time. Every fucking time someone visits and I get that Live 2D for three second I seethe.

In the nineties nobody knew better.

There is no excuse to play censored games anymore. We all know what the original looks like now. There are also companies now who actually DO give a shit. I want my fucking lolis and they give them to me.

The era of Working Design is over.
All hail Xseed!

That's funny, i don't recall feminist/liberal/sjw agendas being pushed through my 90's rpgs. There was that one sjw localiser faggot who worked on a lot of Squaresoft games and whose name i forget that did try it and got shut the fuck down by his colleagues like the beta bitch boy he was.

gf gifted it to me … 2 years ago. Still untouched. Is it good though ?

The core gameplay is good. The localization is absolutely fucking dogshit in the same vein as Awakening, Fates, and Mirage Sessions. It's so fucking bad that I can't enjoy the game at all.

There were threads that were made to discuss the game outside of censorship, though I wouldn't blame you for getting your hype ruined by censorship discussion. Also there were plenty of discussions of the shitty localization back in those days, FFT's engrishy and outright confusing translation being a big topic since discussion of the story was so prominent on message boards. Plenty of 90s RPGs like FF7 were more bland than butchered since apparently most translations were cheap and didn't take care to account for dialect, prose etc. It was around the release of FFIX when Squeenix finally got that right.

Pirated the uncensored version of TMS, it was fine, but very much like P4. Xenoblade X gameplay was exciting, but I couldn't even finish it after the story and characters crashed and burned.

Didn't even touch Fates, thought I'd pirate it if I eventually get around to hacking my 3DS.

I don't remember the localization being that bad. There were a few censored outfits but the translation seemed passable (don't remember seeing any memes), definitely not as bad as Fates. The game itself is solid and has some of the best music in any rpg.

Bravely Second had it worse, there were even more outfits censored, even the artbook was censored. The sidequests were altered/streamlined (had to replay the mission twice rather than 3 times, but it removed the fail state of the missions) as well. Both games are still worth playing if you pirate them or can import them.

Default's script wasn't as blatantly obvious (unless you have the JP voices, then it's extremely blatant), but they rewrote entire characters and censored out any jokes they found "inappropriate". Ringabel got the worst of it, by far. It got the same treatment as Awakening, and you should already know how that went. Second's localization is more on par with Fates in the "jesus fuck were you even trying" department.

It's actually very decent until you get to the time loop nonsense for the good ending, then it turns into the vidya version of endless eight.

And Bravely Default sold very well.

Proof that many gamers don't give a shit about censorship or localisation/bad translation.

Didn't this sell well enough to surprise square back then?

Yes, but it has a weak middle

Oh I didn't know that. My moon rune was pretty bad when I played Default so I couldn't tell what was changed when using the Japanese voices. I definitely noticed a lot of difference when I played Second though.

I recall Second not selling that well though.

Second was worse than Default, no surprise

Squeenix games usually sell, normalfags love them. That being said no one gave a fuck about Bravely Second, probably because the first game went to shit around the halfway mark.

everything that came out then sold well then the 3ds went shit in terms of sales in 2015

Does it matter I just stopped and sold my game then

I feel bad for people who quit halfway and didn't get to experience the team bossfights, the boss rush or the final bosses.

Normalfags usually stick with popular franchises like Final Fantasy (these are usually from 7 upwards) and KH, but there has definitely been a shift towards games like Fire Emblem and Persona (only 3 & 4). You'll rarely see normalfags play non established/niche jrpgs like Eternal Sonata, Radiant Historia, I am Setsuna etc. Hell, I've met a lot of so called jrpg fans who haven't played Chrono Trigger.

Normalfags don't even know FFVII

The last few boss fights were interesting but I don't consider the game to be a "must play." The overall experience didn't convince me to bother pirating the second game, so there's that.

You're right to an extent but for whatever reason normalfags loved Bravely Default.

Most people didn't know about the script rape because all anyone talked about was the outfits, and censorship apologists started throwing out the outfits as a smokescreen for the people trying to call out the script rape with

The final boss theme is one of my favorite boss themes of all time. Revo is a fucking God.

Bravely Default was a strange one, I can't remember if it was even heavily marketed in the west. Perhaps there was an rpg drought at the time, so Default was the only option at the time?

Which part of the script was raped?

Refer to

First it was Persona 3 and 4 are bad, then 1 and 2 were shit too, but this is the first time I heard someone say Nocturne was bad. I guess Digital Devil Saga is still safe?

No game ever made had good gameplay. Good gameplay is a myth.

Let's hope my niché JRPGs stay niché then.

I live in a free country. I am ALLOWED my sexualised little girl pixels goddammit.

Sadly America means all of the West for Japanese publishers.

That was supposedly actually a callout about the shitty practices of the idol industry and the effect it has on people. Then TMS came and couldn't stop about how great being an idol is.

Fuck you and burn in hell, Vic Ireland.

Nocturne got pretty boring and I stopped playing once I got to the Manikin city.

I did enjoy DDS and Raidou a lot more, though.

There is nothing wrong with Fates (plot is argueable) as long as you get the content restoration patch and read the support conversations from the fan translation in the pastebin
pastebin.com/N8VKGxR9

Hold up.

What was the pantsu thing.

Can't agree with you on Nocturne but Raidou and DDS are pretty fucking fun indeed.

Its hard to see DAN being a call out when its still a rhythm game with idolshit. Or did Atlus get paid who knows how much money thanks to idol industries?

probably pic one here.

Good.

What if the battle system was really damn good to the point it may take 40+ hours to actually master the combat system and pull off 200+ hit combos?

Normalfags don't actually care about JRPGs. They just play whatever is advertised and this happened to be one of them.

if i had to guess, its just to fuck with demifags

I think it's one of those cases where it was always that go to game to reference whenever someone brought up Persona or a difficult JRPG. It was held high by a few and others who never played it but wanted to fit in. Then after a while people actually got around to play it, only to realize it was simply good and there are much better games in the series.

Saying that I have yet to play it myself, but from the footage I've seen it didn't look bad, but not something that's as god tier as some make it out to be.

The encounter rate is too damn high and can burn you out easily.

The thing is that there aren't. Strange Journey has a better story but the battle system is much, much more primitive and the game is much less engaging.

I know people like Soul Hackers, but I think that's just because it's in the sweet spot where it still has the old school SMT gameplay but a presentation that is at least semi-modern.

What makes the battle system of Nocturne so good compared to other games in the series?

Press Turns and the removal of MAG.

Strange Journey has better dungeons

It's easier to wipe. Demons and demon fusion are more balanced. You can pass turns between units. There are no all-encompassing buff/debuff skills like Luster Candy and Debilitate like in SJ where they are broken. What it amounts to in Nocturne is that you constantly had to set up buffs and the buff order depended on the boss. Later in the game bosses would strip your buffs away.

except debilitate was in nocturne…

I always found this to be a problem in Persona, Final Fantasy, and some Dragon Quest games. Once you get high tier spells, the lower tier ones become useless. Some spells just completely make the older ones obsolete like Mighty Guard. You can just use a massive spell like that with no draw backs. Sure it costs lots of MP but that doesn't mean shit in FF or Persona because MP replenishing items are as common as potions to the point that you question why MP is a thing in the first place.

Irrc it wasn't as efficient as War Cry/Fog breath and had lower availability. In SJ you could stick Debilitate/Luster Candy on every demon and finish your buff/debuff cycle in 2 turns.

Pussy.

This is where Wild ARMs 2 and 3 got perfectly right. Fuck MP.

Two separate conversations nigger.

MAG is a useless currency because after the first hour or two of any game it is you'll never even run low. It wouldn't integrate well with the Press Turn system, as it is designed to keep your party small, and would thus lead you to deny yourself turns, thus getting wiped.

Then why reply to me, friend.

Actually DDS made the three man party with press turn work really well, I consider it a way better game than Nocturne. Except for the grinding. Though Nocturne had equal amounts of macca grinding.

But it probably wouldn't work well in practice for larger parties anyway. Then fuck press turn, when's Devil Summoner 3 proper.

I don't know, I didn't really sense a forced message in the first translation. Just lots of botched Engrish and much more harsh dialogue. It's kind of endearing, but that's just my nostalgia making some characters look like hardcore motherfuckers in a world full of war and the horrors attached to all of that. It seemed like the translators back then simply didn't know how to do things and did their best. To be honest, I still like it.

WotL's translation effort to make everything Shakespeare-flavored seemed like an attempt to honor the game so many people loved. To try and give the setting even more substance, so you don't end up with inconsistencies in speech. Some characters came off as noble in one line and threw it all out the window in the next text bubble to hit you with something incredibly harsh but badass. I think WotL's attempt was the right way to do things. That team knew people loved FFT. They tried to make the lines faithful to the original intent while dressing them up in the correct costumes to fit the play. I don't sense any earthshattering character changes, perhaps they even drew out more personality that wasn't there in the original translation. As much as I love Algus throwing out "Animals have no God!", I feel like his line in WotL is more fitting of a nobleman. It's less kick to the dick and more witty middle finger, and that's my image of a nobleman to me.

I wish Nintendo and IntSys picked a team with passion and respect for the original product. People who would have tried to keep the original characters and intent intact without shoving in political bullshit or memes. Imagine if Mustadio was some meme-spewing shithead instead of Ramza's medieval engie best bro, or if Agrias was constantly spewing muh feminism instead of being her strong, honorable, stoic self.

Are you a dumb nigger?

I clearly remember seeing and talking in multiple threads about Fates' gameplay, maps, story and whatever the fuck you wanted, and NOONE ever said to stop talking about it instead of censorship. Stop making shit up and go back to reddit.

The wiiU was dead before it even existed.