Interesting Idea, but the incorporation of twitch emote memes...

Interesting Idea, but the incorporation of twitch emote memes, as well as the need to accumulate cash to spend to participate, will hold it back.

Not to mention the graphics look fucking terrible.

It's pretty much socially acceptable griefing.

Very interesting idea, but I think the community chosen is horrible. Add to that the Farmville-type "currency" shit and I don't know. Plus it looks like complete shit.

Oh yeah. I can't wait for my favorite Lets Players and Twitch™ Streamers to get there hand on this. It'll be epic lol.

This game is going to be horrible, but will praised because twitch communities in general are fucking awful. Not to mention it's made by an e-celeb with a huge following so it's going to do very well for the first few weeks even months then crash and burn once everyone playing gets tired of the bullshit the communities will put them through unless they desperately need those sweet sweet views.

fucking trash it

Well at least they finally stopped pretending that these shitty "horror" games are anything other than fucking twitch bait.

It was weird seeing Dodgers bf shill for this "horror" game that somehow looks like a PS1 game in current year. pls sage with me or show me Dodger newds!

I thought I heard that name before.

I went to the school where this game was made, ask me anything

This isn't reddit, go away.

Fuck everything about that.

Ok, I guess you don't want to hear about the game's troubled history. That's fine.

God help us.

I do. Please, share.

why you don't move outside that place yet?

Alright, here's the low down:

Which pretty much gets to where we are now. You'll notice that in the Kickstarter there's no mention of all the people that worked on this, other than Criken and those other guys no one gives a shit about. That's because everyone jumped ship, including Criken's original partner. Even then I find it hilarious that they didn't even have the courtesy to list any of the team's names and make it seem like it was Criken's thing all along.

I want to, LA is the fucking worst. Too bad all of the jobs are either here or in *shudder* San Francisco. Wouldn't mind Texas though, or even going back to the East Coast where I was from. At least there people don't pretend to care about you.

Honestly? The original idea sounds a lot more horrifying. Finding out that a sick, cruel audience was orchestrating the grisly murder of people for entertainment purposes, has far more impact then knowing from the start your on a game show.

I Imagine it would have been similar to the original Manhunt, with a more modern bend to it.

do you like vidya gaems?

If I'm posting on Holla Forums then obviously not

You didn't actually major in "game design", did you?

Also what's the ratio of "DUDE FOOTBALL LMAO" to hipster english/film/game/art to majors to tolerable intelligent people? I go to ASU and it's like 8:1:1, at least it's free though

Any game that is made for a streamer to enjoy is inherently flawed.
However, things like jackbox where it CAN be enjoyed by a streamer or a local party are not inherently flawed, because there's still gameplay there, it's just akin to a board game.
If this were instead a system where other people playing the game can fuck you over to give themselves a boost then we'd have something, but instead we get something that has no value outside of earning twitch shekels.

No, I actually have a brain. Majoring in Computer Science, but taking game classes on the side.

I'd say the ratio is 6:3:1. Literally the only reason anyone gives a shit about our school is the film school, which is designed to profit off the dreams of retards who think they can make kino.

Our football team is pretty terrible this year though so hopefully people stop caring about football, but sluts love getting drunk at fucking 7am so I doubt it

Both versions seem very uninteresting in my opinion. When I saw criken's new left 4 dead videos with stream interaction I thought it was fairly entertaining and creative, and I got my hopes up when he uploaded the video explaining they were testing the waters.

When he actually showed it off, it was very disappointing. Another first person game where you run away from a monster. It could've been so much more.

cool idea, but terrible execution. Should really leave it up to surprise to how twitch chat fucks you over

and this will be ESPECIALLY fun 2 years later when nobody is playing it or you have an average audience of 4 people

Pop shove it in the fucking garbage.

Check em

Fuck this game and fuck Criken.

…goddamn it I sniggered. Here's your (You).

The original idea sounds like every other Amnesia knock-off with a Shamalyan level bullshit twist, but the Webcam idea has potential. Some user should toy with it.

The souls games did it better.

It's not that hard to implement too, if you have one of those special webcams that track eyes.

this is just a game for twitch faggots, its a neat Idea but will surely be the flavor of the week for a couple streamers

user what does "t." mean