Anyone playing?

Anyone playing?
I'm actually having fun for once.

I bought it. The tutorial is way too long and the music isn't that great. Also, there's no posix shell :^)

Yeah, I agree. But it's quite fun once you get out in the wild and you're able to use scripts. Even if it's javascript…

gui.vol{bgm:0,sfx:whatever}

I turned it off; I usually play vaporwave to my haxx0r1ng

Is it actually a multi user dungeon?

Not really. Kinda. I don't know, I haven't finished the tutorial.
The damn thing is 3 hrs long.

CHACK MUD?

It is a text based multiplayer real-time virtual "world". Don't know if that's close enough.

That's what a MUD is, yes.

How do you interact with other players?

So far I've only encountered chatting and phishing. Not sure if there are more direct approaches later on. People talk about 'loc's. From what I gather it's sort of like a social security number, and you're fucked if someone gets it. Might be a more direct way to attack people, but don't quote me on that.

Can you actually die or be physically harmed in the game? If someone gets your 'loc's, what's stopping you from just making a new character?

the 4 hour tutorial

You can't die, but all your money will be gone. Not sure if they can steal your upgrades or scripts as well though.

I assume there's some kind of limitation as to what kinds of things you can code.

Is this one of those real game threads based on a cartoon? .hack right?

lel

Is it actually good? I really love hacking games and would also love to see a multiplayer hacking game, but I don't wanna pay 13,37 eurodollars on a multiplayer with a seemingly unstable server which goes down every 30 minutes.

There is a character limit that increases after you upgrade your system. Don't know the exact limits, but people have been doing cool stuff.

I found pic related. You can skip to the end of the tutorial.

Good news! The server got fixed a few hours ago.

Is there a singleplayer mode? Just in case the playerbase dies out in the future.

Nah, but there are NPCs. It's still always online though.

Can the text color be changed to amber
Also, fuck paying a shitty meme price for a text-based novelty that will die within days, can it be pirated?

HOW WILL I BE ABLE TO SHITPOST TO MY MAILING LIST ABOUT HOW I CANT PATCH SHIT WITHOUT THE SOURCE CODE BECAUSE EMACS THAT HAS A NEAT LISP HACK I DID TO WORK WITH MY MOUSE THAT BLEW UP ALL MY MEMORY EVERYTIME I CLICKED AND IT KILLED ALL MY WORK