Yakuza 0 PC port

Yakuza 0 confirmed for PC port?

Look on the top right, so far the games that have had "PS4 Console Exclusive Game" have had PC ports (but obviously not Xbone ports, while "Only on Playstation" is the actual exclusives.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Yakuza-0-PlayStation-4/dp/B01J4PHT3C/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1474925988&sr=8-1&keywords=Yakuza 0
neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=218191271&postcount=203
archive.is/oWCsw
archive.is/bPfVj
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Intredasting

They didn't bring over the PS3 version too? lel

ITS FUCKING HAPPENING

They clearly want people to buy PS4s now, bit sad since that will probably only limit its audience, unless a PC port does actually come out.

Also I just wonder when the PC Port will even come out, I remember this rumor going around that Sega was highly interested in bringing Yakuza and Hatsune Miku to PC around last year or January, but that was it.

I'd be all over that

Checked.
I am fucking ready.

Bulls-
Well butter my buscuit, OP. Looks like SEGA weren't lying about bringing over more stuff on PC.

It's on the amazon page for Y0.
amazon.com/Yakuza-0-PlayStation-4/dp/B01J4PHT3C/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1474925988&sr=8-1&keywords=Yakuza 0

But I want 3, 4 and 5 too.

You'll have to get a PS3 or hope Sega does ports/remakes like with Yakuza Kiwami

Every thread, this along with "japanese gta".

Why not port that shit to PC too? Way of the Samurai 3 and 4 were PS3 games and they got a PC port after the fact.

What's the point of pushing out 0 onto PC when Yakuza relies heavily on its plot and backstory?

0 is a prequel of course, they'd want to get people in with the most refined entry that also doesn't require knowing everything.

Who knows? They just might if 0 does well. Valkyria Chronicles was a port from PS3, that was released 7 years after it's original release.

What a time to be alive

You can't just say something like that and not post a source

Shenmue for plebs.

This would make me happy.

I'll get back to it when Shenmue gets those HD ports they teased back in 2012 ;_;

Actually if anything i consider Shenmue to be Yakuza for plebs.

I'm one of the biggest Shenmue fans you'll ever meet and it's unbeatable in terms of innovation, atmosphere and soundtrack, but in terms of minigames, characters, dialogues, overall plot, and most important the fighting system, Yakuza wins hands down.

Thus considering Yakuza is a better GAME in terms of GAMEPLAY, it clearly comes out as the victor in this comparison.

I've never played a Yakuza game before and all I have access to is a PC. Where do I start? I've also heard some of the earlier games have cut content for the English release. Is this true?

Emulate the first two.
Only one with cut content was 3, the later ones don't.

Doesn't matter if there's cut content, there's still a shitton of content in the English release. You can just YouTube the parts that are exclusive to the Japanese version. The only significant cut I can think of is the English version of 3 cut all the hostess club elements(but it returns in 4 so you're just missing out on an inferior version of the same system)
Play the first two through an emulator, for 3-5 you're fucked unless a surprise PC release is planned for the rest of the series too.

Decent. I'll give the first two a try then, thanks.

And a big fuck you to SEGA for that.

Shenmue was far more ambitious, thus it's the superior game. Yakuza is just gangster-themed Spikeout.

Imagine if Kiwami got a English PC release alongside Zero. Shit would make my cock diamonds, especially after getting 70% through the PS2 version and giving up because fights just got too tedious with the limited combat options.

That's like saying No Man's Sky is better than Starbound just because it was more ambitious. Shit game is still a shit game.

Just be aware though that the first two games are just low budget PS2 games from a series that continuously builds on itself. If you compare the original to Yakuza 6 or Zero it's night and day.

And the Nips got a rerelease of 1 and 2 for the PS3.

neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=218191271&postcount=203

Welp, shows over for now.

A SEGA rep teased Vanquish in an interview a month or so ago.

The owner of Gematsu supposedly asked them and that was their response.

its possible but at the same time the yakuza series has been so console locked i find it hard to believe

i bought a ps4 to play games like yakuza so if it does or doesn't i'll still get to play it

Fucking idiots dont know how this works.

Your point being?

what if its finished

see you got me here because my thoughts were "well ps2 and ps3 launch models were better than the following models, so i'll get that while i have the extra cash" and so i did

now in my defense, i like fighting games and play them locally as well, so having a console for those pays for itself pretty quickly and i'll play funny little weeb games too

its a shame, because the console hardware itself is full of nice convenient things that make it pretty decent and easy to work with but of course its not as powerful as a PC and has NO GAEM

That's not even a joke anymore. All PS4 owners can look forward to is Ace Combat 7 and Yakuza 0, and there's no guarantee they will remain exclusive.

Sony might as well call it the Bloodborne machine.

Too bad you have to pay to get some pvp action in Bloodborne.

i've been calling it my bloodborne box for awhile now

YEAH BUT
PORT THE OLDER ONES TOO

What do you mean, user? It's Yakuza 0 it doesn't get any older than that.

I mean the
AHAHAHAHAHAHA
I will kill you last

there are plenty more games, like better versions of astebreed and croixleur sigma. Ni-Oh has taken up a lot of space on this board and it's a little embarrassing you haven't noticed. Gravity Rush 2 is a major release as well.

Still no exclusives there

I want to believe

the "only better on X" argument only applies to PC. right?

Does that mean 1-5 would also be ported? I'd pay a small fortune for a native PC port of them. Shit, I'd settle for just 3-5.

Why can pc users never just be happy to play a game? or that more people can play a game?

I'm personally concerned about how absolutely shit the community will become once it lands on the PC

yakuza is one of my favorite series, and as happy as i am to see people play and enjoy it, i would be crushed to see its community go the way dark souls did when it got a pc port

No, but certainly the majority of the time.
Going back to EDF 4.1 on the PS4 makes me feel nauseous.

I don't really think this is the case. A lot of features are dropped from games when they land on PC, and in many cases there are major optimization issues that haunt the game for decades. The majority of the time games have a platform they're built for primarily, and made lesser on other platforms. I think maybe 30% of the time the PC version is the best version, flat out.

Even worse was when M&B:Warband was announced for the PS4, the whole thread devolved into crying about the series being doomed because of a console port for an old ass game. I even got banned for several hours because of "console wars" just for pointing out that people were salty as fuck, but threads where the opposite happens get shitposted to death.

I have to wonder if half the people who post on this board were banned at some point for saying "sonygger", "no gamestation", "nintoddler", etc.

Here we see the meta faggots who could not enjoy Dark Souls 3 complaining about how shit the community became.
When the community was already shit due to Bamcos shilling in 2011.
When Dragons Dogma is still comfy, when VC is still comfy, when EDF is still comfy.

Uncensored ENG subbed remakes never

It's not like Yakuza is multiplayer, why would the community even matter?

because I use internet boards

i enjoyed dark souls 3 and still enjoy 1, but i wont' pretend that the PC port didn't bring in a giant swath of fucking memelords to the "community"

Maybe it's just because I detest nearly everyone that I cant honestly say it would make a difference to me.

limo wut r u casol

yeah fuck those idiots. I never realized PC gaming was so cancerous until I took a step away from it to play the souls games before they ever hit the PC.

How that optimization on your sub 30FPS upscaled 1080p games?
Its current year and you still think the one hardware to optimize too still holds true?
How fucking delusional are you?
You still stuck in 5th gen or something?

Consolization is a thing, from Battlefield to The Witcher.
Have you been living under a rock all this time?

blame the master race meme, tons of ricer kids jumped on to the PC scene to act elite when they're still just buying run of the mill garbage as seen by steams top sellers

please, tell me more about how PC is always good these days. In a post gameworks, denuvo world, how can you even think that?

Ill be sure to be as cancerous as possible to ruin your hugbox of a community :)

such shit taste, it's incredible

But user, Im posting the Dark Souls of PC games.

How does that change anything?

Are you telling me that the older titles in these franchises were shit?
You do realize I posted these pieces of shit because the cause of said poor quality was dumbing down for casual consolefags, right?

Everything is shit user. Everything you like, everything I like, everything likes, everything in the past, everything in the future; it's all shit.

Even KoF XIV?

Especially KoF XIV

What a shame.
Why not consider suicide then?

No idea but it'd be a smart move (and a welcome one from my point of view). Test the waters with 0 then port the other games over to sell as a bundle on Steam. Lots of sales for little work and no need to spend much on marketing.

Get the fuck out.

And yeah consolization is awful and has ruined franchise after franchise.

I don't see how that changes the fact that only the first M&B game is being ported, not the more recent one. Or the fact that I was banned for no good reason, when there's much worse shitposting going against consoles. You seemed to have missed my point.

mods only ban for critique against the pc

No, the Souls community went to shit when Dark Souls was released, because all the normalfags jumped on the "omg so hard so hardcore muh difficulty" bandwagon
I always laugh when faggots like you show up.

Your actually pretty wrong about that.

Before the PC port, every PC fagboy was bitching about how it wasn't even good, babbys first action game, ect.

Then PC port happens and it gets meme'd into oblivion with "git gud"

I don't even like dork souls and I could tell you this

I'd Settle just for 5

I don't get what's so great about this series. The pacing is slow, the fights are easy and get boring pretty quickly, and the mini games are nothing to write home about.

Does Nioh have it? Say yes.

No that's just for Bloodborne. Dark Souls and Demon Souls is the Dragon's Dogma thing all over again where its like "yeah this is the one game we want".

Nigger, even demon's souls was flaunting its difficulty everywhere.

japanese games showing off their difficulty in advertising existed well before demons souls as well

Check out this faggot. I imported Demon's Souls before it even got a western release. It was great then. It went shit with Dark Souls but at least we still had a good game. DaSII was a shit game and even shitter community, full on normalfags. Bloodborne went back to console exclusive.

Among all this I got rid of my PS3 and decided to fully skip 8th gen.

Now I'm just waiting for Tekken 7 (confirmed for PC) and Yakuza on PC. Hopefully with no fucking Denuvo.

oh yeah, well i sucked miyazakis dick during the coding process for a packet of crisps, he based adjudicator off of me

Dark Souls always had a shitty community. The idiots that push this meme are fucking retarded.

Bamco does Denuvo, so Tekken is by no means safe but I dunno about Sega

Every fucking time. Every fucking time you have some unfounded fucking rumour you faggots go of the rails. This doesn't mean jack fucking shit, hell, it might just allude to the PS3 version which doesn't come west.

Yakuza is a fickle licensing nightmare. Until that shit is ready to be bought on PC I won't hold my fucking breath.

This.

demon's souls was never a game about being difficult. Marketers loved to push it, but the team had explicitly stated difficulty wasn't the point, it was just a means to draw the player in. Except Dark Souls 2, none of the games were directed on being difficult alone. DaS2 is also the worst game of its type.

Good thing I was talking about the marketing then. Point is, saying the "souls is hard" thing came with the DaS PC port is pure bullshit.

Most people were saying how it was refreshingly challenging, and didn't really hold the players hand. It was never about being absurdly, or obscenely hard.

I do remember at the PC launch, many PC players complained so much of the games difficulty, that the term artificial difficulty gained traction.

The Playstation 4 is truly becoming the Cuckstation 4. This is what happens when you become too greedy.

That was already happening in 2011 you goddamned retard, go spread your misinfo somewhere else.
All the Youtube cancer that started the meme garbage all play on consoles.

yes, bamco has been pushing the difficulty angle in advertising since dark souls. I've said this already. Please try paying attention while you have a discussion with someone.

Nigger, even Sony did it with Demon Souls.
I still remember all the journos complaining about how hard it was.
Dark Souls got a bigger audience due to marketing and being on several platforms, it had nothing to do with a fucking PC port.
Funny how other games with PC ports like Dead Rising, Dragons Dogma, Valkyria Chronicles, Tales, God Eater, fightans, musou etc didnt fuck the community and I hear no bitching or whining about it.

You Soulsfags just need an excuse as to why you're cancerous metafag meme addicts who will buy anything From shits out.

sony didn't publish the game in the west, so I'm not familiar with the ads they ran in Japan. Atlus treated it as a budget release in the West, so I'd be surprised if it actually got advertising. The game spread primarily by word of mouth.

artificial difficulty was still coined by PC gamers who prove they were largely incompetent at launch with dark souls PC. The madder you get about it doesn't mean it didn't happen.

artificial difficulty was still coined by PC gamers who prove they were largely incompetent at launch with dark souls PC. The madder you get about it doesn't mean it didn't happen.
Prove it
archive.is/oWCsw

O_o

And DS was published by Bamco in Yurop full of, "incredibly difficult" advertising.
So hey, mistery solved
Bamco and Yurop ruined the Souls community.

>>>/reddit/

europeans sure ruin everything, don't they? I think it's the undeserved sense of elitism they have. Don't most vocal PC gaming types come from there?

You are half correct. It is true the modern definition where you just suck and blame the game was coined during the PC release of DaS. The old definition had existed long before and meant things like RNG or harder difficulty levels consisting of just increasing the health of enemies.

Keep trying consolefag, From fans have always been pure cancer since 7th Gen AC.

[Citation Needed]

If anything it was console users who kept spamming it as a strawman.
Is this supposed to prove anything?

Imagine the tragedy of a young white couple when they find out that the boy who they've been looking toward so much was in pre-birth diagonsed with being a consolefag and that the state won't approve of the abortion.
That's how you know god isn't real.

Check who Im replying to nigger
I forgot my meme arrow

If you're talking about valkyria chronicles, I have it on PC and while it is interesting to me I didn't like the way it played that much. Should I give it a second chance? I got up to the part where they get the tank.

They specifically changed the wording to only on playstation sometime around the first demo

so uhh, yeah, NEVER EVER

archive.is/bPfVj

The only source is still NeoFAG. Did you read the article at all?

did you?
the source is John Hardin, sega's PR guy

He's about as trustworthy as Todd Howard

Off topic but is there confirmation that nothing has been taken out of the western release?

i really want to play the cat fight mini game.

also on topic here is the european cover

Keep playing nigger

It will happen, just wait and watch.
Just like Akibas Persona ripoff

Well they better bring the PS3 version too. I don't know many people who have PS4 here.

nope

buy a ps4 or no yakuza for you

The people on this thread behave exactly like the faggots shitposting about Persona 5 being a WiiU/3DS exclusive before the official announcement.

Watch it happen

I'm surprised they don't give a shit about PS3 anymore considering their audience which is mostly Japan only. Sure some retards bought PS4 there, but PS3 is still a thing in Japan just like Vita, PS4 is really successful only in the West or better to say in America. It's like SEGA want to lose money, clappers don't need anything other than shitty multiplat series like CoD on their PS4, they won't buy this game.

I'd understand if Sony funded its development, but SEGA is retarded if they want to release it for PS4 only. No wonder they were alive solely because of Sonic.

Y0 did come out on PS3 in Japan. PS3 version is not coming to US or Europe because SoA probably wants more PS4 exclusives, and America is the bigger market when it comes to PS4s. PS3 version for the western version would be resources spent with not that much return, so they decided against it.

Collectors edition just got announced BBY

That's pretty underwhelming.

compared to the Yakuza 5 launch which saw no physical release its super whelming

Nah fuck you, it's getting a physical release now. That's the best shit ever

I suppose you're right, can't really complain since we're getting a physical release this time around.

Does anyone know WHEN yet?

jan 24

Source? I fucking missed it

wikipedia?

Ok nevermind, I found it myself. This christmas season is going to be fucking sweet. Nier Automata and Yakuza 0.

Here's word from the PR manager for Sega USA. PC port deconfirmed for now.

What does an Atlus spokesperson know about the PC port of an in-house SEGA game?

PR Speak. If they aren't ready to show it off or are merely considering a port and nothing's set in stone yet, they can't say anything. Plus it's the PR manager, they only know what's told to them.

More and more confirmation has been coming, but here's an excerpt straight from today's PR release regarding "The Business" edition.

Since Sega is actually acknowleding the demand for a PC port, this should only mean great things.

:^)

Does this come as a surprise?

Cant wait for the salt

Sega of America isn't exactly the biggest studio in the world, and I highly doubt the actual RGG team over in Japan gives a shit about some PC port since they're crunching on Yakuza 6 right now. If a PC port were to be happening in the near future, they would have said something by now (something other than "we're not fucking working on a PC port, stop asking"). A Yakuza 0 PC port isn't going to be happening any time within the next few years, if at all. Don't get your hopes up.

Its going to happen

Don't delude yourself.

dat dooked dike da dead dog dat dirst

Im not
Even EDF, and Berserk happened
Yakuza will too, licensing shit or not