Destiny finally starts explaining its story AKA 'it was me Austin, it was me all along'

Destiny finally starts explaining its story AKA 'it was me Austin, it was me all along'

So Rise of Iron came out and i had a good old time dicking around with anons collecting engrams and SIVA clusters and so on but one user said he couldnt read the grimoires and shit because the website fucked up his toaster laptop.

So for that user heres whats up:

So While the Darkness pushing entities like The Hive to wipe out Humanity is still a threat Rapsutin has gone full WAU in his human preservation protocols. AKA: if i cut off all the patients limbs they cant escape and get in danger again! level overkill.

So there you go. The big set up for Destiny 2 -which is probably going to see a PC release of 1 and 2 as one game- is Rasputin seeing the players AKA "unauthorized users with [O] energy" as an unwanted infestation and a "Dead thing that does not belong".

So the original story had The Tower being destroyed at some point as the Guardians turn on the Traveller and destroy their Ghosts.
I think now its going to see Earth become a no go zone for them as Rasputin goes full 1984 on the Last City and everything none human/neo human must go.

Which considering neo human means the exo made by Clovis Bray that probably means Rasputin wants to wipe the Awoken out of Humanitys system because they have some part of the Darkness in them.

/plot dump

The original story was better. Traveler should be evil.

True, instead its just a jobber bitch.

This is the most I have heard about the story. I've played a decent bit of Destiny but could never be bothered to go look up the codex on their site. Destiny has some neat designs and ideas in it but whoever thought that most of the lore and story should be in a codex that isn't in the game needs to be shot.

Let me guess: In-game, all that green-text is a verbatim copy of what your ghost tells you in a very boring and indifferent voice after a very uninspired "mission" that is 75% back-track and ends with point defense.

Spoiler, The Darkness' final form

Actually they got rid of the 'defend me while i open this' style missions. turns out fucking everyone hated them, imagine that?

Are people actually going to take this thread seriously?
Really? Did 4cuck already invade? Is this a shill thread? Or is Holla Forums filled with underage shitters who have nothing better to play other than fucking Destiny of all things? What the fuck happened?

You can thank Activision for that one, user. Destiny has a development hell almost as bad as Prey 2.
Grimoire cards explain all the story that was supposed to be in the game at launch, there are references to Destiny in Bungie products and videos dating back to 2009.

So basically Vision and Galactus, with a bunch of superflous infighting within the good guys like in all zombie shit.

I want a better follow up to Halo 1. The mass extinction idea was cool.

Technically that stuff was exhausted by the Taken King, its all new now. Probably why it doesnt feel so half baked. Rise of Iron feels a lot more like early Halo than pre RoI Destiny.
Even down to the buttrock on the soundtrack.

Where did it all go wrong?

Did suits think the story was a ritual to make money disappear ?

who

By the time ODST came out it was clear that they weren't a good company anymore.

user if you shit on the ODST soundtrack we will have problems.

I know there are some anons here who actually like Halo and Destiny. My only question is. Why?

The music is the only good thing about them left. And really good attention to graphic details.

Destiny was fun for a while. Extremely fun. Then you find out how shallow it is and there isn't much game left.

That sounds good, but are the bosses still one shot kill bullet sponges?

What boss?

ODST wasnt great overall but walking around as a weak human soldier dropped in and scavenging weapons and risking letting enemies know where you are using your night vision and all the bio luminescent stuff with the music was as close to Metroid Prime as Halo got and i like it for that alone even if the story and daytime sections are boring.

I knew it was destined for failure the instant I saw Bungie team up with Activision.

Goddamn, where's Durandal when you need him?

user brace yourself. They actually added mild tactics now. Its crazy i know. Its like a bibeo gayme.

If you grew up playing console games there wasn't many good shooters to begin with and if you preffered sci fi to shit like golden eye you had nothing but horrible N64 titles till the xbox/ps2 era.

Halo came along and people werent selling you on it with 'you want to play the esports multiplayer bro' but talking about dead bodies staying on the floor and bleeding when you hit them, vehicle sections including planes and huge battles with a satisfying legendary difficulty.

I was like 13 when Combat Evolved came out, i tried the silent cartographer demo and beat it like 5 times feeling like this was for console fps at the time what metal gear was for stealth titles and i bought it, beat it and then beat it twice on legendary till like 3am.

Granted it isn't really a series that got better with age and sequels but that first one has a lot of Nostlgia.

Destiny is just that meets Diablo. Why people keep saying its an mmo i've got no fucking clue.

This is just going to be people pretending to play shit games to piss off some people and then legitimate retards who have shit taste.

Yeah but a good company wouldn't shit out an interrim game like that.

When you become microsofts bitch you dont have any say anymore user.

Sadly other devs didnt learn from Bungies mistakes.

At least they weren't sold to apple. Probably have nerf guns by now.

Because the old guard who used to make fun of underage b& for playing Gaylo on their niggerbox have long gone. To put things into perspective the kid who was 12 in 2007 is old enough to post here.

where? certainly not in the game

almost as bad as becoming ninturd's o $ony's bitch

A massive amount of oldfags play destiny.

I don't play destiny too much, but honestly the gunplay is just amazing. Everything has a real good feel to it, recoil, etc.

The moment I played around with the scout rifle class weapon I felt better than I had since the original Halo Pistol. A feeling akin to the original doom shotgun. "Yes, this is good, this is amazing."

I'd love to use a mouse and keyboard for it and all, but meh, everything else is fluff. The enemies are good enough targets. It's a shooting gallery with loot in the end, but as that it's pretty damn nice.

Does anyone become Nintendos bitch? or is it just a treehouse thing?

or internal, there always was those rumours about Gunpei and the car "accident"

^Like i said, Diablo. Load it up. run though 'blank' and kill shit for loot.

I think some people lost their sense of time. I was 13 when i got my hands on Halo now i'm 28.

They slept too long.

Is there any online game French shitters dont shit up?

sounds like concetrated stupid

but is of russia most advance tech, totally A1 top quality gear yeah? you buy? YOU BUY. Now home safe till nexts of payments.

Rasputin IS or WAS the last Warmind that wasn't named after a lawful stupid historical character, he did the unthinkable to make sure mankind survives, now the Iron Lords shit with that nigger Saladin said that Rasputin was no longer a Warmind, Warminds are so fucking complex not even the Vex would match their thought process, now Rasputin may or may not have been trying to stop the Iron Lords from fucking shit up by unleashing SIVA.

I really want Rasputin to be a Exo-bro, Cayde-6 can fuck off back to Firefly.

Go back to >>>/cuckchan/

More interesting than rehashed archetypes from their last games, also they redid the Awoken, removed the voice-filter that made them alien, not space elves with nothing interesting other than waifubait queen.

Be honest, are you a clangfag upset the strangers robo hips havent come back yet?

These are the same faggots who play Overwatch/Undertale.
Be sure to let them kniw that they do not belong here.

Oh sweet cheryboi.

What the fuck am I reading?
Go back to cuckchan OP you massive fucking shill.

If you actually think normalfags give a shit about any game that isnt popular with streamers a month after release or includes some competitive element you have been stuck in your safe space too long and dont know what is popular anymore.

I don't play destiny too much, but honestly the gunplay is just amazing. Everything has a real good feel to it, recoil, etc.
The moment I played around with the scout rifle class weapon I felt better than I had since the original Halo Pistol. A feeling akin to the original doom shotgun. "Yes, this is good, this is amazing."
I'd love to use a mouse and keyboard for it and all, but meh, everything else is fluff. The enemies are good enough targets. It's a shooting gallery with loot in the end, but as that it's pretty damn nice.

Waifufag please, just like Peter Dinklage, she's never coming back.

t-they datamined new queensguard gear for an upcoming update!

its gonna be fine, she okay!

s-shes okay…

So it was ancient aliens?

No it was future Russians.

хорошо

Normalfags care about the characters and fanart, moment they added competitive and whent full esports they returned en masse to their mobas.

The world didn't end with a Bang but a Blyat.

Speaking of the actual game isn't the reset tomorrow? i just went to Felwinter Keep and i'm getting a bunch of new weekly quests.

Get out you fucking nigger
You and your thread are awful and so are these shit games

Calm down memequeen, can you point out where i said i played overwatch? or are you signal boosting your narrative to preserve your safe space?
that is what people pretending to be oldfags do nowadays right?
i can never keep up with goons nowadays.

Go back to >>>/cuckchan/ wherr you belong OP you massive cocksucking shill.

Hey look the AIDS is back.

Nope, stay mad baby

It sure is

Also check em

Now

Destiny rumoured to be coming to PC

For the noclick:

So time skip?

I dont care if its on the best platform it will be consolized, barely average wank full of DLC and microtransactions.
Fuckoff shill tell Bungie and Activision to shove their shit IP up their collective assholes.

I sold my PS4 so PC or i wont play

Why would you play this trash regardless of platform?

So just what the fuck happened to this game?

The worst case of suits fucking up a studios game development since FF12

Activision being kikes like usual

Are there any other fps diablo loot grinds beyond blunermemes?

Half the blame lies with Bungie having obsidian-tier time management skills

Probably why -if the leaks are legit and thus far the leaks have been 100% legit each time- the leaks say those guys have been replaced by The Taken King leads who did a better job.
Also outsourced parts to another studio as well. If its PC as well the differences will be interesting.

God knows they must have some idea how quickly exotics will be hacked in.

Don't forget that it was supposed to be low fantasy with occasional rayguns, user. Remember the early concept art. Only later did it turn into a bootleg Halo space opera.

Shadow Warrior 2

No it wont

I love Destiny but playing it for the story is really more of a reddit thing

That's some poor taste. Step it up.

The "story" is still dumb, the fact that your character and the classes don't matter is a yuge fuck you to those who enjoyed Bungie's work before Destiny.

I remember a rumor from a couple of years ago about the Traveller, he/it was supposed to be the bad guy while "The Darkness" were the good guys.

True, the soundtrack is way better than the one from the vanilla game but I hate that they chose to go the safe way (Halo-like soundtrack) instead of giving Destiny it's own identity.

You know, Bungie used to be the "super-obtuse backstory woven throughout" game developers, yet the entire script for Halo 1 fit on several sheets of A4, and the ilovebees maymay marketing had 10-times more plot than Halo 2. Why are they so fearful of throwing a few dozen pages of good story (perhaps, GASP, without voiceover!) into their games just because they're on consoles now?

>sold to Apple alongside Cyan to form internal studio

Same thing that happened to the system shock devs, if any of them were left by infinite.

Why is
VICARIOUS VISIONS
porting Destiny 2 to PC?

They are activisions bitch company. aka 'orbital companies'

I don't believe the rumor that they will port Destiny 1 as well. If they did, they should release it soon.

We're no longer in the era of collectible stories thank fuck