What are some good video games that let me be a detective?

What are some good video games that let me be a detective?

Other urls found in this thread:

emuparadise.me/ScummVM_Games/Police_Quest_1_-_In_Pursuite_of_the_Death_Angel_(Floppy_DOS_VGA_REmake)/95949
scummvm.org/frs/scummvm/1.8.1/scummvm-1.8.1-win32.zip
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Hotel Dusk

Real life. Try searching for a purpose, It's a never ending adventure.

Snatcher
Deja Vu
Dreamweb
Deadly Premonition
L.A Noire

ace attorney

Oh and Policenauts

What are some games like this that DON'T HOLD MY FUCKING HAND? I WANT TO FIGURE SHIT OUT FOR MYSELF, I DON'T WANT THE GAME TO FUCKING TELL ME WHAT TO DO, WHAT TO THINK, WHERE TO GO. FUCK YOU. L.A Noire was a piece of shit.

There was a thread here a few days ago about twau. It's kinda shit to be honest.

That ace attorney spinoff where you play as edgelordworth

Police Quest is what you are looking for
emuparadise.me/ScummVM_Games/Police_Quest_1_-_In_Pursuite_of_the_Death_Angel_(Floppy_DOS_VGA_REmake)/95949
scummvm.org/frs/scummvm/1.8.1/scummvm-1.8.1-win32.zip

There are some actual Sherlock Holmes games out there that are decent OP. Crimes and Punishments come to mind.

The Blade Runner point and click game has some detective work, mostly looking through the evidence and figuring out who you should talk next.

How's the new one from the team? Crime and Punishment was decent but it felt like a proof of concept that would have required more work on integrating the writing and detective gameplay.

The Wolf Among Us

Yeah I know >game

Bitcher 3
The endless video game adaptations of Sherlock holmes
NES adventure games

From what I hear, it's a little disappointing compared to C&P. It's more or less the same, but it's too short to be worth 50 bucks. Wait for a sale or pirate.

IIRC L.A. Noire doesn't hold your hand though?

Bitcher 3 is just listening to geralt deduce shit though.

How do I play Snatcher on PC?

The Tex Murphy series. Starting with Mean Streets from 1989.
The second game, Martian Memorandum, cut out the video gamy parts, and changed the series to pure point'n'click adventures.
Under a Killing Moon introduced hammy FMVs.
Tesla Effect: A Tex Murphy Adventure, the sixth game from 2014 still looks and plays like it was made in the last century.

Oh, and they are all fucking great.

oh god i played those old games long ago
had no idea there was a 2014 one
thanks user

Trails to Zero & Azure :^)

LA Noire holds your hand pretty much the entire time. It's too bad because the setting is great and the story is alright.
Also I'm playing it and I got demoted to arson after that bullshit vice ending, do I ever get to leave the arson department? Because these cases are boring as hell

You're at the last desk in the game. Enjoy the horrendous last case

Well that fucking sucks. What did Phelps even see in that german woman, I hate her. To make it even worse, he follows her back to her apartment after her wife kicked him out. That made me furious.

Discworld: Noir.

Danganronpa

In persona 2 you can take on jobs for finding people.
It's more fun and engaging than the main quest.

Kara no Shoujo

Oh, and Deadly Premonition. It's one of my favorite games, superb atmosphere and writing.

Deus Ex has some of this. They throw you into a situation with nothing but a vague objective and you've got to talk to people, look around, read shit, and just generally figure out what to do.

The sequel is also good. It was never released in the US though.

Yeah, I guess.
Also this game if that counts.

YES. Better choice.

This was a great experience that ended in frustration. You mean to tell me I had to get best ending she lives but evil psychiatrist gets away for no reason and the main mystery isn't solved before I could click ON A BOOKSHELF to get the thing I needed for the true ie worst ending? That's retarded.

who's the cum commando on the second pic?

Trauma Team has a really cool forensics mode

Gabriel Knight 3 was pretty decent too, had a bit more of an investigative feel. There are a few dumb parts like having to be somewhere at a certain time but the game usually makes that apparent in some way via clue you find or something. It'll go pretty well long as you keep notes and are methodical. The character models are pretty shitty, like stylistically not just dated, but I got past that. Never played the second one because FMV really kills a game for me usually.