Playing DCS World and temps are too high

Why can't I get everything I want?

Your comment is not saying anything true or compelling

because youre impulsive fuck, that's why

Thermal paste doesn't really change the temperature a whole lot unless the paste was poorly applied originally. You'd be lucky to see 3c of difference. Your PC may just be full of dust if it's overheating and you haven't changed out anything in 2 years.

Wrong. I've changed thermal paste before after a three year period with a completely clean interior and it improved temps by ~10C. I always dust my PC out once a week.

You should generally change thermal paste out every 6 months to a year. I was just too lazy to do it.

Yeah ok bud, I've not changed the thermal paste in PC's for up to 6 years, hasn't made a difference on temperatures in any noticeable fashion, do you live in a fucking 6 by 6 cube with no windows or something?

My apartment has excellent ventilation tbh.

Do you understand how thermal paste actually works?

I had the same problem a few years ago.

I replaced the thermal fan, got a new case fan, and replaced another case fan that was broken. I also dusted the whole thing. It's been working fine ever since. Ventilation also helps. My room at the time was prone to getting warm. This new place is much better.

Yes, the paste will dry out due to thermal and recompression forces over enough time. It loses effectiveness, just like any other material. Depending on the material used (zinc oxide, silicone, silver, etc) it may degrade faster or slower.

Most people I know replace it periodically as well. Just because you refuse to keep your PC in good condition and don't understand how physics works does not mean that you know what the fuck you're talking about.

Thermal paste needs occasional changing?

Yes, depending on the quality you used. The paste I used was shit, and my temps are up despite my case and components being clean. Due process of elimination.

Don't forget to change your thermal paste in your GPU every two years as well, no matter what faggots here tell you, that's something you absolutely must do

its really not and this pc gaming meme has gotten out of hand. Please only go where the games are.

The games are on PC.

only very old games that run on 10 year old hardware just as well as they run on yesterdays newest gtx 1085 release

Games like Men of War Assault Squad, Squad, Space Engineers, Rouge System, ARMA 3, Dawn of War and others have recently been released. For every good game on consoles there's 10 on PC

Thanks for outing yourself as a dumbass who doesn't play video games. You can go now.

clicking games and shit person shooters

do you play anything else but absolute garbage?

How's it feel to have an IQ of 80?

rts games are the opposite of intelligent given how they display everything up front, but if you play them to feel smart it sure says a lot about how intelligent you really are

Men of War requires the use of tactics, micromanaging, situational awareness, creativity, being smart enough to know when to use your units and in what situation, etc.

I'm sorry you only listen to "gaming news" and only know about casual shit. Why are you still posting?

nigger are you retarded? I get that you have to justify your taste in games or else you won't feel like you're smart, but usually people play games cuz they're good, not because they are desperate to feel smart

Either I'm getting grade-A trolled here or we have discovered a sub-Saharan poster with an IQ lower than 80.

top A troll thread. would kek again

>>>/anita/

Be careful if you buy the LiquidPro, that stuff erodes AL coolers and can fuse others to the IHS.

Good thing I didn't buy it then. Thanks bro.

You are below fucking niggers

I change out thermal paste maybe every 2-3 years on my CPU (if I notice any heating issues) but generally never do.

I do however open up my computer once every 4-5 months and blast it with canned air, and that seems to do the trick.

ayy

I upgrade my PC every 5 years and I've never noticed any issues with my CPU or any other components except for a fan that broke.

I've read that using pressurized air is bad as it can cause static to short out components. Is it just an old's wive tale?

It sure as fuck is, canned air or an air compressor are the suggested methods.

They also sell specialized vacuums.

yes, he also was very fond of his computer's "beer tray". Unironically. He honest to god thought it was a beer holder.

End me.

Ahh!!! Daddy!!!!

Thermal paste sticky icky gooy :)