EARTH DEFENSE FORCE 4.1: SAVE THE CITY AND PROTECT THE CITIZENS!

EDF, EDF, EDF!
All songs :
youtube.com/watch?v=eH52BgHQ1iw
Weapons list :
weapon.edf.jpn.com/4-1/
Enemy Health:
translate.google.com/translate?depth=1&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=ja&tl=en&u=http://www50.atwiki.jp/edf_4/pages/5.html
Multiplayer Modifiers:
Offline 1 or 2 players: 1x HP, 1x ATK
Online 2 players: 2.2x HP, 2.6x ATK
Online 3 players: 2.3x HP, 2.7x ATK
Online 1 or 4 players: 2.4x HP, 2.85x ATK
CE Table to help speed up armor/weapon farming
my.mixtape.moe/lghody.ct

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/PeLvQ
steamcommunity.com/id/ShamisOMally
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I only have 2017 and 2025, to be fair i don't see the appeal of these games as for it to get so many generals. They are fun for a while but that's it.

You don't understand, user. You have to buy the DLC. DLC is good. Buy it. Buy games that use it. Praise overlord Newell.

I was fucking wondering where that all songs video went. Fucking unlisted, why

archive.is/PeLvQ
Aint that some shit.

it's just bunch of additional missions and anime tanks for playing on easy difficulty, nothing that will cripple your experience in the long run

Why did you get married?

For Kotaku, that was nowhere near as full of self-righteous , SJW bullshit as I thought it'd be. They actually made a point of acknowledging that the word immigrant doesn't have the same baggage thrust on it in Japanese as SJWs have done to the word in English and that it's not like the name won't get culturalized anyway, just like it did in previous games. They're probably too scared of putting out anything too click baity while Univision is keeping such a close eye on all the Gawker trash they bought.

oy vey how antisemitic, I advice no decent person to play this xenophobic filth

sage for bigotry

I don't remember.

EDF

All I want is the OST for this game, all I could find was a garbage video on kiketube with the whole thing strung together in a 90 minutes shitshow without any title or name for anything

Is insect armageddon good? Is it better or worse compared to this?

It's OK.
Less grindy but also less shit that makes it an EDF game.

What's missing that makes it less?

Different dev, less enemies at any given time, arguably dess distinctive classes, no songs…

Quads.

Also has less levels. Right when it picks up and starts feeling like a proper EDF game the campaign is over.

I still can't believe a trap-humping BR faggot was the only person keeping this game alive

Incest armageddon the worst one of the series

Dont ever do that again

Giant insects don't destroy the city, the EDF does.

A small sacrifice to save our mother earth from and alien attack.

Green ants do!

At least they're not Silverback Spiders

>tunnel exit spawning silver kings

shit game lol
nice gamecube graphics

Most insects don't, but plenty of the Ravagers do.

Can the EDF lose in Battle of Giants ? The mission where erginuses and mechas duke it out. Even when taking my sweet time taking off giant insects, the balams have such an advantage, by the time they give you one the super erginus will just be dogpiled and stunlocked. How is the battle in Inferno ?

Balams get their shit knocked out everytime unless you do your job properly.

Well if the balams lose a bunch of their forces before the red one shows up, a b team of balams will appear. I haven't checked if there are more balam teams after that. I think if you didn't help the balams would all get killed eventually. Not only from being distracted by small bugs but also the erginus constant knockdowns and ranged attacks.

On Inferno if you don't help out they all fucking bite za dustu and you're left with angry spiders and five godzillas + 1 Super Godzilla wanting to fuck your shit up.

On Inferno is quite possible to lose ALL the Balams, including the B team, before the scripted Balam you get to pilot shows up.
Luckily the Erginus can still be killed with normal weapons they have over 20 million hp each, and the red one has so much I couldn't keep track of it

You get shitloads of reinforcements but in the end when all NPCs are dead they airdrop one last empty balam for the player

i made a "fun things are fun" room

Why do so many people disable text chat? I understand why Japanese players do it but it makes no damn sense that other people do it.

Because they're no fun faggots

uninstall

and your gay room is filled already how can this be, there's barely 6 rooms up

That was some right and proper purging right there.

Please someone has to have a shitty rip from the game files at least

It makes it impossible to talk about any sort of strategy for a mission. It's stupid.

did we get a peak of lewd content with the PC release and the teaser a few days ago?

there's even that dlc mission called Bloody River where all the enemies are red variations, and then it turns out there's more of those annoying purple drones than fucking REDS on it

Can I have the Starship Troopers feels from EDF? I never played any of those games.

This game need mods, so we can have custom missions and I more.

Well, in here the despair is even bigger than in ST, since earth is being invaded and shit get really real in the dialogues.
Not like Starship Troopers, that are fooled into making the bugs humanity's enemy so the government can keep fueling the economy and their power through wars.

Yes and now, its neither as dark or political/social satire.
But it kind of has that Aliens but larger feeling ST gave us.
Play the FPS, its an overlooked gem

Because most people forget you can mute the microphones of everyone if you are the room manager.
I try to keep it on when I create rooms.

Seems like that narrator sure knows when it's time to split.

Fuck you

Am I just retarded or does that CT file not work?

I want to fug the new ウィングダイバ.

But I'd marry first. Then fug.

Is this some bullshit translation job? In TGS demo, they are called the colonist

Immigrants is an overall term for aliums, like Ravagers

Colonists are pepes, ayy lmaos are Cosmonauts

hhhhhnnnnnnggggg

But now they don't look like valkyries at all

You need to install the latest version of CE first.

The IDUNNs have to have a lower drop rate than other weapons. They never fucking drop.

You think that's bullshit? Try dropping a fucking Lys Z in less than 50 inferno runs

Got one in around 20.

Is there a mod that removes all the screams? It's unbearable. First rule of sound design is don't fucking irritate the player.

What a sad death for this game

How about finishing the first mission and then complain you fucking faggot?

What?

Should've deleted/renamed your saves before restarting the game so it'd redownload, now your save's been updated on the cloud.

It's only bad in a couple of missions where there's a bunch of people stuck in Retiarii webs or a ton of civilians.

WING DIVERS ARE BEING ATTACKED BY GIANT INCESTS!

DISPATCH THE PALE WINGS ONEACHANBARA UNIT

They are highly trained in CQC and are humanity's secret weapon to save humanity's secret weapon against giant incests.

is the BR faggot back yet?

How the fuck are you supposed to make a red ant drop you as AR without blowing yourself up? Every weapon that does enough damage to blow them away before they eat you ends up killing you 9 times out of 10

Guard post, lots of armor, patience
Accident prevention
Whale

What's the map for armor farming again?

Crimson

Thought it was something else for some reason.

any mission with loads of monsters can do, just the Crimson offers the fastest amount of bugs appearing so you can be done with the map quickly. just be careful of lone black ants while picking up loot

You are completely fucked and restart the mission.

For what purpose? If you are farming armor then do it on easy or normal, and do it on a map with a silver spider spawner or something since they drop more boxes.
Mutant reds are purple

lmao what, if you want quick armor your best bets are Brute Force and Inferno on easy.
The latter is specially good because the 2 t-ships at the end will drop infinite gray ants that you don't even need to kill since the massive army behind you will do it before they can do anything, leaving you free to collect infinite boxes until you get sick of it

Just like the PS2 games but a single class. Did you actually play past normal in IA? The weapon drops are such that you have to play it sequentially. I don't blame you if you didn't, but higher difficulties are fine.

Why does one person leaving consistently cause the entire fucking room to leave? It makes no fucking sense.

Most people playing online are massive faggots that only join to get carried, so when they see they might have to carry their own weight they panic and leave

LIGHT OF THE HEAVENS, BURN ONTO THE GROUND

EVAPORATED

is there any airstrike that's good against drones? Air Mobilization is fucking my shit up

You can farm on any mission with nests, just leave one, stand near and kill stuff as it comes out, it's about as unfun as it sounds but it's faster than farming actual missions, 15 even has an AFK setup for it if you really want.

Get a Vegalta AX and your best defense/attack posts, grab the two friendly groups at the start drop your everything before attacking (if drones aggro before just reset).
Engage with a full set of missiles while trying to find a red drones to howitzer and going flamer + revolver on other drones, don't forget to howitzer the transport when it opens (you can do it from the starting point), think it's 2 shells and a bit more firepower for the red drones and 6 for the transport on inferno if you want a basic idea of how your ammo conservation strategy should look.
You should be good if you can manage to make a small sortie to drop another set of posts and a Vegalta mid mission (after the second group of red drones spawns is good), did it with 400 or so armor on inferno so it shouldn't be too hard.

And that is why AR won't be in 5

Do earth eaters stop whale and artillery? I know they stop satellite but don't stop bombing or missiles.

C'mon.

Haven't checked bombers but they do block howizters

I don't think they block the whole charon bombing/strafe runs and those are pretty fucking powerful against pretty much everything.

Those are strong but they are also boring as fuck. I want to have the LIGHT OF THE HEAVENS BURNING ONTO THE GROUND and roasting bugs by the dozen, not some lame planes dropping bombs

Has anyone actually reached 100%? I've seen a few japs at 70%-something I'm at 72%. Would anyone see the point in a limitless weapon level/armor VDF room?

Tried killing the ant queen on inferno? She has 3 metal wasps that constantly respawn. Their health is so high and they move so fast limiting what you can use to counter them, even if you manage to kill all of them another 3 respawn around 20 seconds later. You can't ignore them since they shoot quickly with high accuracy so dodging is fucked, the ant queen is a damage sponge so it's just a pain. I say it's on the same tier as inferno level 96 for 4.1 or higher in terms of bullshit. I don't know how I managed to clear it solo without pesticide weapons.

日本語分からないwww

Holy shit the Gigantus ZA is the most fun thing AR has

I don't even know how this happened.
No sound because it's pointless in the context of the video

Steep terrain combined with momentum and slipperiness of fencer. There's a section on charge 1 I did the same thing except moving backwards.

It seems like you need to land on a specific angle as well

hi

Giant incests are afraid now!

I've been playing mostly in moonspeak, just because I think it toes that "campy but not annoyingly so" line much better than the english dub. Only time I go english dub is on first playthrough of a mission, and since I end up playing every mission multiple times, I hear mostly gooks.

Going fast is fun.

NEVER TRUST A BR

I'm here now, faggot.
No rooms until tomorrow, take care.

The DLCs are on sale. Are they any good ?

get both mission packs, but don't bother with the weapons they are a scam

Mission packs are mandatory. As for weapon DLC, the decoys are worth it as they are better than normal decoys and give RA the ability to use them as well. Volatile Napalm and a Gigantus DCC are also really useful for RA and AR if you are just starting out and want to play through on hard

missions packs are a shit cash grab for retards

Why? They are 50 more missions with more enemies and more challenges. If you don't like killing yet more bugs then why are you even here?

lol guess someone couldn't beat Tracking Bogeys

How the shit do you dash cancel with the shield? Or at all even? I've looked everywhere for the specific PC button combination but had no luck. Can't even trigger the secondary shield reflect animation.

dash -> reflect -> dash. It's a lot easier if you use a javelin launcher instead of shield though and then its dash -> shoot javelin -> dash

shield is more versatile and can save your butt while javelins are trash

Javelins let you dashcancel MUCH faster though, which is better than shielding in a lot of situations

Javelins allow you to boost significantly faster which can save your butt just as much. Like all Fencer weapons, it depends on the mission and your allies.

how do you reflect? Is it just the shield button during a dash? I need particulars

Shield has 2 buttons, one for blocking and one for reflecting

wait wat

I never knew this. Is the button listed in the fencer controls? I looked but maybe I'm just blind. Guess I'll take another look

if you are playing on keyboard its shift key i think as default, might be wrong tho

thanks fam. I'll have a look a little later

You lied again Holla Forums

retard

Let me clarify:

-The music is awful
-The voice acting is awful
-Combat is slow and uninteresting
-Weapons lack punch, enemies simply just either burst into gore or oddly ragdoll but there's no major indication you're doing anything of use
-Enemies are unintersting
-AI both friendly and non keep getting hung up on the environment every 5 seconds, meaning you have to go hunt them down
-Controls are sloppy
-UI is nightmare to navigate, can't use the menu's in game because it keeps bringing up the reply system instead of letting me select options
-Graphics are horrible
-Worst of all, ITS FUCKING BORING

I can kill 100's of goons in Payday 2 and at least feel like I'm in a fight

there's your problem
stop playing wigger shit and play real games like neptunia or senran kagura

someone plays on easy

Sounds like someone who hasn't played the game

top kek

Now what?

I'm confused, you know you're in the EDF thread right? Maybe you meant to post that somewhere else

"Wah somebody bought the game, didn't like it and now they're expressing opinions that upset me because I love the game wah"

Could swore this was Holla Forums and not a University, and you know, discussions took place here

Naw, I'm not upset by your thoughts, it's just that I assumed you accidentally posted in here because almost all those things you said were objectively wrong.
also
What discussion is there to have when your opinions are likely shit-tier?

jej

To you they're objectively wrong

Heavy Gear in the fucking 90's controlled better

Also

Fuck that, I want fun now

You played the tutorial missions, congratulations.
If you think combat is slow/boring and don't like the weapons, switch class (or switch weapons even). EDF is a game with a lot of choice. Try out fencer, it's the fastest class on flat ground and it's great fun jetting around shooting nigs.

As for the other things,
I'd agree it's forgettable, but it's not bad or anything. Just turn it off if you don't like it you mong, and play some gayday 2 music since that might kind of fit.
It's a dub or an already over-the-top performance, of course it's terrible. Jap original is way better, but it's still a campy game with campy acting.
Play fencer or wing diver, up the difficulty.
They don't, get a better weapon.
I see it happen once every 3~ levels. If you're a wing diver or fencer, it's literally nothing since it takes no time to get to them if they're stuck.
Yeah they're not great. Make fucking sure you're playing with mouse+keyboard, though, it kind of sounds like you aren't. Despite being a pretty bad console port, EDF plays best with mouse because it's a fucking shooter.
Use WASD to control menus while in-game, you mongoloid. It took me 5 seconds to figure that out.
They're not bad for what started as a budget game that just absolutely fills your screen with enemies.

New enemies and music ? That does sound sweet. Does it apply to both packs ?

If you went in with a controller you started off fucking up because it's a shooter.

If you went in expecting a super serious realistic game about killing giant incests, you have the wrong fucking expectations.
It's like watching a godzilla movie and getting mad there wasn't a deep character arc and drama.
It's a cheesy game with cheesy dialogue, cheesy story, cheesy weapons/classes and cheesy enemies, for people who like cheesy bullshit.

Yes but keep in mind the enemies are actually reskinned models, but they do have vastly different stats and mechanics so they fight completely differently

maybe you're not good at the videogame because you have less than 2 hours playtime

I'm not even saying to play it for 100 hours, faggot. However, less than 2 hours is not enough to see what EDF has to offer, in terms of missions, monsters, weapons, classes and gameplay mechanics.

This is motherfucking Earth Defense Force. If you want mindless mainstream garbage that hand feeds your skin-deep bloodlust, then maybe stick with Payday :^)

Anyone with autorefresh will see both of your posts. (^:

Nobody lied to you but yourself for expecting a AAA experience from something repeatedly stated to be a niche title with horrible broad appeal due to its relative lack of quality. Some people will love it, most will hate it, and you happen to be among the majority. Congratulations! Now get a refund and go play something you will actually enjoy instead of trying to force yourself to like a game to impress Holla Forums-senpai.

fug

It sounds like somebody who hasn't played the game

You actually complained about a lack of enemies whenever you didn't even face things like hectors, hector variants, the dozen ships, the flying bugs, dragons, or godzilla

You even complained about weapons, but you never advanced beyond level 5 weapons, never using things like automatic mortars, flamethrower mechs, nuclear missile launchers, fusion beam guns, multiple lock missile launchers, sniper rifles, tanks and mechs so large that they require a full lobby to fill, plasma bomb sprays, swords that launch beams, or grenades with a blast radius capable of leveling half of a city block

>Using Heavy Gear best western mech game as an example, which isn't fun until you've played for dozens of hours to rank up and unlock the cool weapons and mechs

Going to assume you're bait in human form, because nobody who demands instant gratification would know those games exist.

If you actually bought a game because you wanted to get a disgusting sloppy backalley handjob in twenty seconds before pitching it, you're the idiot who bought a game that wasn't a Call of Duty clone. The game's not broken. You are.

I'm rusty as fuck so no inferno for me today.
Do you guys want limitless hard or hardest? Just say the word and I'll create a room

Oh and if any of you couldn't figure out, I mean no armor and weapon limits

Rev up some hardest

Room name is
Hardest VDF

saving bump

The devs are such glorious bastards.

Is there really no Great Wilder Dragons anywhere outside that ONE fucking mission? And then another ONE mission if you get the dlc?
They are the best enemy why the fuck aren't they used more instead of those nigger deroys or the fucking meme eaters

What R U Doing Nigger?

He's busy being casul, don't bother him.

Poor guy.

And check that tumblrnose avatar too, this poor retard can't even hide he's straight from leddit

What's wrong with it?

This is why shitposters should get perma bans

I fucking love EDF but you are retards. You are ShillCitizen level retards.

steamcommunity.com/id/ShamisOMally
top kek this retard is the gift that keeps on giving

Shit's overpriced but the enemies have different attacks, not just higher hp and damage

So new missions alone aren't good enough? They are mission packs after all, not enemy packs. You also don't even know how hilarious it is to see you argue against re-skins in an EDF thread of all places.

10/10 excellent comedy pal

Cuckchan really has arrived full force
Regardless, whats your favorite class and why?

Fencer. I like WD too, it's fun n stuff but other than fly by rapier raids she doesn't have much weapons that are fun. You get the heaviest weapons, different movement options and some sweet melee. The only shit I don't like about Fencer is that you can't make use of the cover like WD or Ranger and that often I am the last guy alive/have to act as a bait instead of kicking ass due to sanic dash.

What cover nigger?
Do you know what game you're playing?

I do.

You can do that as a Fencer as well

With its super fast walking speed and it's acceleration? No. Dash is enough if I want to protect myself and in rare cases that I have time to hide behind buildings it's usually when I'm not facing giant incests because if I do I'll die before the reload-start animation ends.

I have found the most fun thing to do in this game is to go AR with a Gigantus ZA and quadruple turrets, slap them onto the tank and fucking dash across the level like a madman snapshotting fuckers

Do bikes still uncontrollably spin in circles?

Gee I better refund this RPG, these slimes and goblins are terrible bosses.
I'm not even halfway through the game and even I think you're a faggot.

Fuck, you're giving me flashbacks to Charge 2, my anus was not ready for the fuckhuge swarm in those tiny tunnels. Managed to get through half based on luck, standing between a wall and corpses while occasionally picking up health.

Only if you use a keyboard or hamhandle your controller. They control just fine if you ease them up to max speed.

Welp I'm officially stumped, not even the true-and-tried suicide bike bomb is cutting it anymore

Only before you git gud

Try bike + ZERX + more ZERK/Limpet Splendor.
It's retarded enough to work cheese

Wing diver might not be the best, but I just have the most fun with her gameplay. She's perfect for the quick and frenetic fun I play EDF for.
Never touched the grenades though.

The only thing she lacks is a decent long range non-nuke weapon.
Class balance is actually pretty great in-game, you can only rank the classes according to specific missions, but not for the whole game.

Which was the whale strike you need for the Monster Party bridge trick again?

Anyone wanna EDF?

Can't argue with those trips

Create a room if you're so great

Turns out Sat Blaster is way more effective than any whale shit as long as you are gud enough to track their positions above the bridge

Reposting again because Mark is a filthy kike,
Whats your favorite class and why?

Wind diver because you have a fucking jetpack and you are the natural enemy of insects
Weakness is giant flying incests

Silly user, Giant Incests cant fly

Ranger because of the fun fast action gameplay.
Wing diver because of "shortcuts"
Air Raider because WOOOOOOOOOAH!

So why can't Ranger have one button for jump and one button for sprint? Just autism about how he needed to only use sticks + face buttons + 2 shoulders or something?

EDF5 has a sprint function for rangers apart from jump/dodge roll.

So, where's the download link for the cracked game+DLCs?
Monster Hunter threads have links to several versions of the games. Is this thread, and by default, this game inferior to Monster Hunter?

You mean PC-Never-Ever-EDF5?

This game is nothing like Monster Hunter. Scram and find the pirated version yourself, nerd.

Fencer has two movement buttons and a jump button. No reason why Ranger can't have a jump button, a roll button, and a sprint button. Having to change the direction you're moving or stop moving to do a jump or roll is just dumb.

Fencer because I like to go FAST.
Scooting around at the speed of sound, shooting nigs as I go with my hand cannon, poking nigs for thousands of damage if they get too close with a big steel rod of speed, saving wing divers and rangers when they get 1-shot by piders.

The one girl they got to do 99% of the english grill lines is just terrible.
Scientist-man sounds appropriately campy and is amusing, one of the EDF grunt voices is pretty good, another one is shit.

Any of you faggots want to play missions 48-61?
We can do hard, hardest, or inferno. No disabled weapon limits though, unless you want to host.

What the fuck.
At least the ranger could do some damage, and eventually another fencer came who knew how to go fasd.

That was just banter, friend

But holy shit, this game is amazing! Playing with a friend now and we did some missions as Flying Bitch and Mini-Mech Guy. Good times.
I just wish it didn't have this weird difficulty setting thing. Should've went with just one that got steadily harder as the game progressed.

THEY ARE PICKING UP PEOPLE LIKE RAGDOOOOLLS WAAAAH

Each difficulty setting does that, in terms of difficulty and of loot. Hard mode at the beginning of the campaign more or less transitions from normal at the end of it.

you only had to create a room
Seriously, I think me + 1-2 guys keep the thread open waiting for rooms, if you want to pray you should go on ahead and create a VDF room.
Worse case scenario, japs join in.

I did, and some randoms joined, one of which was the retard fencer I mentioned here

Anyone up for playing right now? Or is there maybe a room up?

Starting a room on hardest mission 49.

Nevermind, my internet is being a pile of shit and I'm disconnecting in the middle of every goddamn mission.

It's the part about farming thousands of Armor points you need to be concerned about.

yah that's bullshit too

CE

I got to 5000 ranger armor just like that without farming once, you are all faggots

I don't find armor that necessary except when you're under-manned on online play. Just get "meta" weapons (meta as defined mostly by personal taste in this case, what you do best with) and go to town on any difficulty. I can do inferno with 2k on most missions.

Nah, the grind's bullshit.
It's very, very easy to hit that sweetspot where hardest is too easy and inferno is impossible due to no armor, and there's barely any difference between playing piss-easy missions(like you're reccomending) and grinding.

The point is to kill things before you get hit, armor matters very little to me.

t. Man who has never played on any mission above inferno 40.

Sorry pal you are either shit because you get hit too much, or shit because you couldn't manage to actually play the game. Either way SHIT

Let's see that inferno completion then, boyo

2k armor is not going to let you survive for long in inferno.

Earth eater lasers are the annoying one there, the others just require a change in tactics.
Also the lasers on the first deroys you meet are killer if the AI decides to bully you (usually they don't bother firing the "guaranteed death" lasers until close range, but occasionally I've had them snipe me with those fucking high-DPS stunlocking cancer lasers from across the map). With a team of 4, though, you'll normally get resed pretty fast so it's not a dealbreaker. I find it fun doing inferno at low armor.
What's not fun is doing inferno with shit weapons, that's literally hitler.

Well, if that's your thing that's your thing.

I mean everyone at low armor. We carry each other. Usually it's me saving people more often, though, just because fencer is fucking fast.

Hand over the inferno card, bby