What was the purpose in making Venom a saint if TPP was supposed to set up Big Boss as a villain?

What was the purpose in making Venom a saint if TPP was supposed to set up Big Boss as a villain?

Venom isn't Big Boss.

No.

Venom isn't Big Boss.

No.

Venom isn't Big Boss.

No.

Venom Snake =/= Big Boss.

No.

no, i deny you

Venom Snake != Big Boss != Naked Snake

NO.

vee snaw is not beebaw

Venom Spurdo != Big Gondola

oh.

jk
Venom Snake = Big Boss

hi

WHAT THE FUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

BB isn't VS.

It's a wolf you fucking idiots.

I want libcuck hippie scum to leave

Get back on the boat.

Whooooooooooooo!?

But Huey didn't do anything wrong!

Filename thread?

this is probably the most disappointing part of MGSV to me. I was expecting a story of snake becoming increasingly ruthless in his pursuit of revenge and a home for the diamond dogs as a way of showing the downward spiral that is assumed to have happened in the leadup to MG1, but you really don't get to make a whole lot of choices that fit with this idea.

This, to me, is worse than the rushed ending and cut content.

Memes>Genes ??

That's the real message of mgsv

The antagonists goal is to wipe out spoken language.Identity is everything and his goal was to take that away from everyone see as how he lost his.

I kind of agree with Hideo Kojima to the point that language = Identity , However genetics and the quality of the people of a nation are what makes a nation great. As to the reason why Africa is a shit hole and Europe is rapidly becoming a shithole.

Hideo Kojima's entire perspective of humanistic and egalitarianism comes from having never lived in a "DIVERSE" area with "VIBRANT" individuals.

I've lived in Papua New Guinea and can tell you first hand that not all men are created equal and that nature is the ultimate fascist.

Sometimes you can't elevate a man even when you gift him all these things.

MGS3 was as close to perfection as a game can get.

If you think otherwise your a shit eating pleb.

Yes.

Nah, that was MGS2

I think of people like you every time I play through the series and smile.

MGS4 is awesome. Please stay mad, it makes me enjoy the game even more ;)

Kojima decided to scrap that in favor of another masturbatory piece, he decided to not tell people about it though.

Venom is a Big Boss

UUUU

uh… 4U?

Very little of Phantom Pain made any sense.

Unless he meant the child soldiers, but you can't even shoot them anyway. What was the point?

I agree with you, Sometimes more comes from less. Give a man a fish, he's hungry the next day. Give him another and he relies on you. Give his children fish and they'll never think to fish for themselves.

Teach a man to fish, he can feed himself. Teach a man to fish and he doesn't grasp it, and won't understand it, then cut yourself off from him and pray that he dies a peaceful, painless death.

Or put him down when he threatens you with violence for not getting his fish that day.

Nature's cruel, and evil takes advantage of kindness. The only true kindness is pushing someone to their best, and if their best isn't good enough, then there's nothing anyone can do about that without hurting the whole of society.

Kojima is a hack without someone by his side reeling in his ridiculous bullshit.

Beautiful.

I hated how you couldn't kill child soldiers

In the rules of engagement in most if not all nation, If fired upon you are allowed to shoot to kill the enemy combatant regardless of age or sex of the individuals.

Not killing child soldiers as a rule is fucking retarded, Imagine how many adult soldiers you could get killed because they weren't allow to engage a group of 15 year old's child soldiers with automatics.

Someone should punch Kojima in the throat for that retardation .

Venom Snake is Big Boss. In both ways. He did enough to become the legend, and he was Jack before.

I'm still surprised after all this time, no one remembers or has read the info-graphs on snake and mgsv around, as well as just read the material that MGSV is based around.

To start, Venom is fucking crazy. He has dissociative disorder, brain injuries from the shrapnel in his head, PTSD, Schizophrenia and most likely a litany of other issues. A big thing to remember with dissociative disorder is that it can make your personality change heavily, give memory issues, make you prone to silences, as well as other things. Hell they say this in the paz cutscene about "her".

To start, It's revealed Paz is actually part of your imagination and you hallucinate her and the entire room in your mind. it's also strongly alluded to that theyre not talking about Paz your first time going in, but you. They mention "She" has forgotten most of her memories after that day, doesnt remember who she really is, blocks out anything that conflicts with her internal timeline, and is suffering from acute memory loss. Sounds a lot like Snake considering the jump in tech, as well as his belief in being some random medic. Keep in mind you not only hallucinated paz and that room, and soldiers mention you just standing there in some room in motherbase, but you also hallucinate those tapes. It makes venom a very very unreliable narrator, as well as calls into question many of the tapes, especially those you'd have no way of getting.

Then comes the 1984 themes. The game has them everywhere from your torture room being room 101, where the ministry brought usurpers to question, the "Big Boss is watching you!" posters reminiscent of big brothers watching you, the constant surveillance from Ocelot and Kaz while out in the field, through intel agents, Ocelot making references to 2+2=5 when you hit him with a tranq shot, as well as when venom questions him in one of the tapes about how theyre getting soldiers. He outright pulls out an explanation that they love Venom and want to be with him in his army forever, despite them needing to go to a torture room, when Venom points out how ridiculous it is that all would want to join, Ocelot tells him that's their reality now, even if its not true, all the soldiers idolize big boss and love him, and want to be in his army and he needs to try to accept this. This is reminiscent of people who go to room 101 and get brainwashed into loving big brother, like the protagonist.Theres also the references in the game to doublethink, a big theme in 1984, which is to accept a truth is a lie, but at the same time believe wholeheartedly its actually the truth. it's actually how 1984 ends.

Then theres the speeches from Skullface, from words controlling the subconscious, which is a big theme of 1984, where the ministry of truth removes words and factual events to shape a narrative, that big brothers always been fighting eastasia, or never has, and memory holing people or events, coming up with fake ones. Skullface even drops a few 1984 quotes during the jeep ride, like the aforementioned "words control the subconscious", as well as "this war is peace" which is a direct reference to 1984. All this put together should really make people question the final mission that is called [TRUTH] and has a fuckton of inconsistencies in it. With the themes of 1984 all over MGSV going from little things, to plot points to the games damn starting year, it's obvious you shouldnt trust the mission called TRUTH, when the ministry of truth in 1984 was the ministry of propaganda. If that wasnt enough the mission is started with a niestchze quote, the man who hated objective truth, and said it was subjective. Even the starting quote screams lies are incoming.

Then theres other things, like the anti-psychotics on venoms medical cabinet, the song "the man who sold the world" is about David Bowies feelings of schizophrenia, the fact that Kaz is awake during the reveal scene and would see venoms horn but doesnt realize its him, and yes his eyes work, and theres no way no one would talk about it, that venom snake has the scar on his cheek from the helicopter blast, and a little extra tidbit, when shits going down and you fall on to the floor in the hospital, you look up and time slows down reaaaall slow, and you concentrate on one petal, until noticing your hand claw. That petal, or flower, is important because it was The Boss favorite flowers, and the ones in which you killed her in. For his shit memory issues, he does remember the Boss flowers.

On top of all this Venom Snake has hallucinations, with paz not being real, to it being very likely that many of the soldiers in the skullface confrontation arent real. Thing is, so did Big Boss in Ground Zeroes. In the first webm watch for the pan around, after snake gets in the helicopter. The soldiers he was shooting at, even the corpses disappear. On top of which, the strut is falling towards kaz and snake, so they wouldnt be gone, they'd be closer, falling towards them. On top of that when checking the second webm, watch the container to the left, the soldiers are coming out of it. And to add even more insanity to it, snake is somehow not shot dead in open sight, when not using cover and against around a dozen or two enemies. Theyre hallucinations.

Also, the guy who dies in snakes arms a lot of people think he's not actually real, as miller doesnt even react to him dying, even going so far as to not even notice. Keep in mind this is kaz, my comrades wont stop hurting phantom pain guy. He doesnt even react to one of his men dying right in front of his eyes?

Then of course theres what I mentioned before. Venom snake has the scar on his face from Ground Zeroes. And after the explosion Big Boss is seen as entirely comatose and fucked up after Motherbase destruction.

Ground Zeroes is known as such because not only is it when Big Boss & Millers private army was destroyed, but it marked the steep decline of Big Boss mental state, eventually culminating in the man he becomes by MG2.

Had to add in seperately due to file size limit.

because Venom is you, the gamers, and gamers arent villians

Then who did Solid kill in MG?

A lot of Big Boss men. It's outright said that Big Boss survives and needs cybernetics to survive after fighting solid in MG2.

I got a little lost, so is there two bosses or just one boss with hyper level of split conciousness?

But BB post MG is a SNATCHER, which was confirmed in mgs4 and it was hinted by Snatcher with Modnar being the original designer of the Snatchers. Have you played Kojima's other games? If you have you'd notice that they all take place in the same world. Look back to mgs4. Remember tge mission in East Europe? They make a slight reference to the Catastrophe. Why is the city in ukraine/west Russia? Because the catastrophe happened, and anything east of there is still quarantined until much, much later

Also for the record, mgs2 is the best game.

MGS2 isn't really not a game in the series but a attempt by ideaguy to express his beliefs on society.

Venom is a demon or a hero depending upon your choices as a player, because he's you. Do you kill your targets or spare them? Spend your spare time saving animals or killing them for fun? Rescuing prisoners or leaving them to their fate? Do you work to rid the world of nukes or decide to proliferate it yourself for the sake of profit and security?

Big Boss is a villain in TPP because he sells out his own men and runs away like a coward.

That's all very interesting, but MGS4 kind of destroys it. Then again, it destroys a lot of what the series sets up. BB looked and spoke normally, he doesn't show any signs of schizophrenia, and dies content knowing that Solid did the right thing. Explain that and what exactly he was doing between the events of MG2 and MGS4.

Also that bit about a closet bisexual David Bowie isn't even right. The song was about his multiple personalities and the ever increasing ego he possessed when he "became" them. Bowie stated that he wasn't gay or bisexual, and he regrets that aspect of the personas since people put him up as a mascot for the LGBTQXYZ movement.

Why the fuck is the flag still on? I took that off hours ago.

Good medication can treat even some of the worst schizophrenia for periods of time
t. a person who has a member of his family with schizophrenia

Judging from comments from Kojima(saying he wants to hand over the franchise over to the next generation or something to that effect) and other canon contradictions, I think MGSV was meant to be a soft reboot of the series leading to the events of OPERATION INTRUDE N313.
A diVergence point if you will.

Kojima is a retarded, that's all you need to know.

Now listen here you little Californian piece of shit
Nukes are what kept the commies from raping your ass.
Without nukes, you'd've been sent off to Siberia with the rest of your disgusting hippie friends.

Does Big Boss from MGS4 act anything like Big Boss in MGS3 or PW to you? He's vastly different, far more somber and quiet. Venom speaks, just not so much. There are plenty of cutscenes when he talks, as well as some of the low morale cutscenes where he gives a speech and tells a soldier his cqc is sloppy and expect training later in the day for making big boss bleed. MGSV boss is much closer to MGS4 boss than PW or MGS3 boss are. Also keep in mind Venom doesnt act like he has schizophrenia, you notice because you're in his head and eventually notice the discrepancies and changes. To others he just seems stoic and oftentimes sad or unemotional. I may have worded it poorly or expressed my thought on bowie poorly, but you proved my point. The man who sold the world is about his multiple personalities, which venom hears when waking up in the hospital. It's an allusion to him thinking he's someone hes not by the end of the game, specifically the truth mission, considering the tape "big boss" sends you has the title "from the man who sold the world".

And I'm not sure what you mean between MG2 and MGS4? It's pretty obvious the dude was in a coma. He got burnt to hell and back by solid.

Show where it was confirmed. Because Big Boss himself admits he was in a coma post MG2, and was reconstructed a bit before the events of mgs4 with the body parts of mostly solidus and some of liquid. And the connection to madnar was that Big Boss was the first test subject between mg1 & mg2, which is how he survived his brush in with Solid, and most likely why cybernetics and venoms cyber hand factors into the game, as well as venom making greyfox pose on his game cover. Until solid burned him alive in zanzibarland anyhow.

Not sure there after the konami split, but who knows, maybe someone will make a half decent mgs game without him.

Please tell me more senpai. I find your views to be fascinating.

you better be ironic nigger

Fine

They are coming out of portals and retrived by them. Wormhole tech is cannon. MGSV is unfinisehd and Survival! will complete story.

Can anyone tell me how if Big Boss went off to found Zanzibar and hide from Cipher and the Patriots he managed to go back to America and become the leader of FOXHOUND?

Shhhh, quite.

is anyone going to mention zooming in on the helicopter window at night shows your avatar face with the horn instead of boss's as evidence that he's not bigboss?

not before you answer how the American president was able to raise and train a group of child soldiers while also being the fucking president without any suspicion thrown his way, let alone that he looks exactly the same as a former national hero.

HOW THE FUCK!?
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!
I read the fucking threads at the time how could this slip under me!? For a year I believed Venom to be someone else and not the big boss.

Presumably Solidus had a military background like Liquid and Solid. Also, I thought it was implied that all this happened before he became president and was kept confidential.

TPP was only 30% finished. It’s not really possible to judge the game based the shit we got.

Well no, it is possible, its just that what we got was a shitty 30%, maybe the other 70% would have been better, but I guess we'll never know

this. if castro hadn't been afraid of getting nuked off the map he would have let guevera have his way and nuked the entire southern united states

sage because sadly there is no vidya that allows us to nuke guevera yet

They talk about the Trans Pacific Partnership in the new metal gear?

alright now THIS starts sounding more like something out of MGS2

For me I hated that fact because it blatantly took a moral decision from you, especially considering the lethal/nonlethal paradigm of MGS.
Also the fact that you dont need to have moral decisions anymore since theres stun shotguns and automatic rifles now.

To make the revelation that The Boss is alive that much more jarring.

Not true. At the end of MG1 Big Boss just taunts you by saying he's still alive. It's not elaborated how exactly he survived so it's a reasonable assumption that Big Boss was your radio contact the whole time and Snake only met Venom just before he killed him.

Further that shit about cybernetics was only an ingame rumor in MG2:SS and probably false. Kasler even says that Big Boss lost his right eye in the Outer Heaven uprising while telling you he's a cyborg.