Why was Minish Cap the last Capcom developed Zelda game?

Why was Minish Cap the last Capcom developed Zelda game?

Both it and the Oracle games are great, better than most mainline Zeldas

they were nice, never played the minish cap.

Really short, but it has really good gameplay, art, story and additional sidequests

Because Capcom realized that they weren't making enough money with Gaytendo, all their exclusives for the GC sold like shit there and had to be ported.

I still remember tearing into Ages on the way home, reading the manual and enjoying that new game smell.

I consider Zelda Minish Cap to be one of the best looking 2D games on GBA and in fact, probably one of the best looking 2D games ever aestetically.

However gameplay wise it's just…Zelda.
Zelda always felt really basic and bland to me in terms of gameplay, i guess Minish Cap had ok enough gameplay but it's not really a series i can go back to and replay, it's sorta boring, my brain tends to shut off and go in autopilot mode.

I never understood why Zelda has such a huge fanbase considering how boring the games themselves are.
Then again i didn't grow up on consoles, i grew up on a C64 and then an Amiga, so there's no nostalgia factor there for me.

You poor child.

early pc gaming was worse than modern pc gaming, and that's a huge achievement.

Ok?
Those aren't really answers to my post, it's just random triggered shitposting.
If you've got nothing intelligent to say why post at all?

what is there to retort when you're just complaining about the games being boring? There's almost no content in your post and you go out on a limb with a le pc gaming *tips fedora* remark at the end. Of course you're going to get shit on, you're a faggot.

Zelda isn't even the best game of its type, but there's plenty to be enjoyed about them.

I agree with you. Very basic combat and boring movement. No spice or off the wall crazy side-quests. Very formulaic in terms of dungeons too.

Fuck that game looked good

It's probably because of childhood nostalgia, or because its easy for anyone to play.

You explain why they're enjoyable instead.

Yes, this coming from the faggot that posts
With no specifics.

If you actually read my post you would see that i only brought up the fact that i didn't grow up on consoles to solidify the idea that i hold no nostalgia whatsoever for Zelda games, thus my judgment of them is completely neutral and based entirely off the games themselves, free of any rose tinted nostalgic glasses.

Why do people like this series so much again?
Is it because of the (shitty, forced) lore or the bland gameplay that's present in most games?

Zelda games never were about skill, they were about a adventure that anyone could take a control and experience it

Thinking about it now is no wonder why most normalfags and hipster devs suck this series dicks so much, is pretty much what modern gaming is trying to achieve with no success for years now

Opening up that Gameboy Box for the first time as the sealed factory air wafts out, sliding out the plastic sleeve with the colorful game manual and cool art and illustrations. The crisp cartridge, especially when the plastic was colored like Pokemon Crystal.

meant to

zelda 1 and 2 disagree

I guess i just don't find the world, the characters and the atmosphere all that good or memorable in general.
In the same genre i really enjoyed Okami, but there isn't a single Zelda game that captivated me like Okami did.

The Zelda world really just feels bland and super typical for a fantasy game.
Is it safe to assume Okami has an interesting world design?

Those were about buying guides. Impossible to find the title to bomb or what to use the items on otherwise.

They were like that more due to engine limitations than anything else to be honest

Exactly the opposite for me
Okami is fun and all, but it's just kinda shitty

You play as a goddess dog that can stop time and use her tail draw things into existence, or cut up foes (and objects).
Additionally she has combos, counters, various techniques you can unlock.
All of this set in an ancient mythological japanese setting and your enemies are for the most part traditional japanese demons and creatures from their folklore.

I can't think of a single Zelda game that has anything that matches Okami in terms of interesting elements.

And for the love of God play the PS2 version. I made the mistake of playing the Wii port.

The PS3 HD release (and maybe the 360 version? forgot if it came up on there too) is 100% fine.
They fixed the filters (you can pick what filter you want, especially for the outlines), no obligatory motion control gimmicks, you can play it like the original etc.

Huh, never even knew there was any more ports. Rad.

It's also one of the few GBA games that doesn't sound terrible in terms of music/instrument quality. Despite still being crunched through the thing's limitation on audio output.

If you can manage to extract the ost/soundfont together you can pretty much enjoy the music in it's purest form.

I love Okami too but that isn`t quite a fair comparison, since Zelda established this concept first, Kamiya had material to work with, Wind Waker even helped with how the public would deal with the visual even tho Okami isn`t exactly cell shading, but it similar

I also subscrive t the idea that Nintendo is being poisoned slowly from a time now, Zelda games made after Okami are what? handhelds and Four Swords that are limited to the engine and overall very gimmicky, Twilight Princess is just bad and Skyward Sword is shit weird

Yeah i can't remember that many games on the GBA with good osts.
Maybe the MMZ series i suppose.

You're probably gonna say I have shit taste, but honestly I liked Skyward Sword. It was an okay game IMO.
Granted, it had its fair share of flaws, but the refreshing control scheme and the story that for once wasn't "Save Zelda and also kill the big bad" were nice.
Groose a best.

it doesn't help the sound hardware on the gba has tremendous issues and produces everything as a fuzzy mess. You can find the mother 3 audio which was redone by fans in full quality. Off the top of my head Camelot games on the GBA sound great - golden sun 1 & 2 of course, and Mother 3 has something like 600 tracks that are largely all excellent.

odd you'd like skyward sword yet praise the combat in okami, considering skyward sword is the biggest regression in the games combat by reducing it to literal simon says with flawed consistency. The story in skyward sword had often been shat on for ultimately coming down to you fighting ganon and saving zelda. Funnily, your "for once" argument was done 10 years before skyward sword, with majora's mask.

Watch the IDs man.
I don't like SS.
Actually i pretty much loathe all motion controls in any game, ever.

It's babby's first Fantasy Adventure game., that's literally it.
I didn't even realize the plot was all just poorly forced in until I moved on to better things like Morrowind.

Huh? I wasn't the guy who praised Okami's combat. You have me confused with .

Well, at least you're being mature about this instead of saying something rude that would add nothing to the thread whatosever.

I respect your opinion, even if I disagree with some aspects of it.

fair enough

do address the points raised, at least.

Were there 3D games on the GBA?

yes

Well color me surprised. I've seen 3D demoscene on the GBA, but a full 3D platformer is pretty fucking impressive.

Well, since you asked I won't deny your request. All I ask is that we keep this discussion civil since shitflinging isn't fun.

How so?

What I enjoy about the story is more.. stuff like Zelda being the mortal reincarnation of the goddess Hylia, them providing an explanation for Ganon reincarnating all the damn time with Demise's character, etc. The lore, I suppose it could be summarized as.
Groose's character development was a nice touch I appreciated. True, it is essentially you fighting Ganon before he became Ganon, but the aforementioned things made it interesting for me.

I cannot deny this. Honestly, Majora's Mask slipped my mind when I made that post. My bad.

As a sidenote, I think it would be cool if they did more things with timeshift stones in future games.

I think the reason was that Capcom put RE4 out on PS2. Capcom were really fucking chummy with Nintendo up until that point. I mean Capcom were one of the few companies who actually put out ports like Megaman Legends and RE2 onto the Nintendo 64. Then in the GCN days there was the Capcom 4 PN03, Viewtiful Joe, RE4, and Project Phoenix(which never came out). Then Capcom got really fucking upset because RE4 was getting such stellar reviews and everyone wanted to play it but it was exclusive to the Gamecube and was therefore selling like shit. So they made a PS2 port of the game after promising over and over again that it would remain exclusive, I think Mikami even said he would cut his head off with a chainsaw if it was ported. So naturally after that Nintendo essentially cut off Capcom from fucking everything. Which Capcom didn't really care about until the Wii sold like crazy.

Nintendo was always great at shooting themselves in the feet and blaming someone else for it.

If it wasn't for their stupidity and greed we'd all be playing on Nintendo-Sony co-owned consoles by now and microsoft wouldn't have had a single chance on the market, so there would be only Sonytendo and PC.

You forgot Killer 7

Hm but it was only 4 games maybe Viewtiful Joe wasn't one of them. It was a while ago I just remember PN03, RE4, and Phoenix for sure.

I dunno Nintendo dominating the market with Nintendo as it is seems kind of scary to me.

The motion controls sync up about 95% of the time in Skyward Sword. It's safe to say a button works 99.99% of the time. Something going wrong with the input on a button is a rarity, and can be chalked up to very specific issues on an electrical or human level. The input recognition with skyward sword's motion controls is so bad, they integrated a realignment button to unfuck the motion controls when they go out of sync. This is embarrassing.

That, combined with enemies that only encourage you to swing one of two ways leads the game into be a simon says affair. It's not about using items, navigating your way out of the enemies range, watching the spacing, navigating, looking for openings, etc.

You may think, but user you faggot, its all about looking for openings, you said so yourself by calling it simon says, only 1 of 2 options, it's all about looking for openings! This would be the case if it actually fucking worked like that. Here's the problem, the game decides on its own whether or not you actually hit. The enemy can be open for an attack you clearly swung for, and it will switch instantly, voiding an attack that would have worked flawlessly. This is bullshit on a base level and shows how incredibly flawed the combat is.

This combined with an offensive amount of repetition of boss fights and revisiting areas. It's fascinating how little content there actually is in the game.

If they used a second stick to aim your sword you know something that would reliably always follow your commands the battle system could have worked. However they had to make it with so much leeway because it didn't work properly it just made it a joke.

directional combat is a bad idea in pretty much every game

I…can't deny any of this either. Your argument is pretty solid, after all.
I'm sorry for not being very good at this kind of thing.

have you played demon's souls, dark souls, or bloodborne?

No wonder you don't like Zelda, you have developed a shit taste in games.

Amiga was fine tho, lots of nice music on those games.

lotsa shit games tho

No. Why do you ask, user?

I think you should try them, dark souls is very accessible and has much better combat in a similar vein as zelda games. If anything it feels like a zelda game where you have more options, a few small window counters, and combat with a much better sense of flow. It's accessible and may open you up to games with deeper combat, like otogi, ninja gaiden black, etc. Zelda feels like a very common first step for these types of games.

Which one should I play first?
I've heard both good and bad things about the different entries in the series.

I can't be the only one who wanted to bang vaati at the time

you're the only fag here so yeah, probably

Not when veran is the same thing but in an Ara.

Wow. Serious sam must've played like shit on that thing.

demon's souls if you can, dark souls if you don't have a ps3 around.

Didn't most of the team end up working directly for Nintendo instead?

Capcom actually announced a PS2 port with more content before the GC version even came out. Worth mentioning because it screwed themselves out of people who would have double dipped, though I think they did it to make shareholders happy.

Of course they did. At least the GC version was superior. Doing the QTEs on the PS2 version was hilarious.

Zelda 2 I agree with but Zelda 1 could be gotten through just fine by brute-forcing everything, bomb any suspicious-looking wall you can or light pretty much every tree you can on fire.

HD version doesn't really do all that much for it graphically on account of the cel-shaded style but it's a great way to play it if you've just got the PS3 or your system can't handle PS2 emulation very well. I know when I played through on PCSX2 some stuff like the whole celestial brush screen with your tailbrush didn't render terrifically well but the game otherwise worked fine.

Nah, people would've known the PS2 was coming anyways, since about, 75% of their releases were already ported to the PS2, with the only real exclusives that i can recall being(aside from the first RE that had exclusive features) a budget Megaman game, an IP that was DOA, Gotcha Force, a game that REALLY didn't sell judging by how hard it is to even find a copy for sale, and Viewtiful Joe, a game that was suppose to be GC exclusive, but almost immediately got ported to PS2.

What's wrong with the Okami Wii port?

My Africain Brother!
He was one of the best Zelda characters in the franchise.
Also, his theme was great.

As if the SNES and Genesis didn't have tons of shovelware too.

Finicky controls, imprecision associated with the laser-pointer controls, credits sequence is missing.

Even if you grew up on consoles Zelda always seemed boring. I grew up as a Sega fag with the Genesis (and occasionally PC) and then moved onto the Dreamcast and later PS2/Xbox, then finally back to PC. I didn't play a single Zelda until Ocarina when I bought a used N64 in 2004. I honestly didn't see what was so great about it. The only one I remember being remotely interesting was Wind Waker, primarily because of the visuals, and the over world with endless water was interesting. The 2D games by that point didn't seem interesting anymore, although I did manage to beat Zelda 1 a few years back, probably because it had archaic charm about and it didn't feel so condescendingly hand hold-y and limiting compared to the later games. I pretty much gave up on enjoying Zelda after a couple of hours of the shit fest that was Twilight Princess.

Really, it seems the only way to fully enjoy Zelda is if you were a kid who grew up exclusively with Nintendo, which in the late 80s and early 90s was pretty much anyone who played games considering how popular the NES and SNES were.

Is the 360 port any good?

Not on the level of C64 or Amiga, certainly, hell, without any kind of QA to speak of developers just shit out completely unbeatable games because they couldn't be assed to finish it.

Well yeah but no QA and such also meant that more mature titles with lots of violence and sex would get a pass.

Final Fantasy tactics was pretty good, in terms of ost

Exactly how I feel about LoZ.

I found the pointer to be faster.

Haven't touched it on 360, probably similar though.

I prefer holding R1 for a fast brush, or whatever the button was.

Why? I remember that Okami Wii port was done by the folks who did the PS4 movie called The Order 1886. Where they that embarrass?

There was a 360 port of Okami?

Yes

It wasn't the people who ported it that botched the credits, it was capcom. They took out the clover studio thank yous and all that and just made it a generic credit sequence if I remember right. Some legality issues because Clover Studio was disolved by the time the wii port rolled around or something. Or they were just being cucks because they're capcom, I don't know.

Actually I just looked it up to confirm, apparently it was the people from Ready at Dawn who made the final decision on cutting the staff roll, and not capcom.

Jesus Christ. Pop shove-it in the garbage, indeed.

Yeah just look at all those iconic c64 games that everyone harkens back to today and borrows motifs and mechanics from. Lol ocarina of time? More like boring game I can't ser what the big deal is.

Nigger I'm a sega fan. Everything sega has innovated on the industry failed to keep up with for several years and they still dont get credit. Nothing anyone has done on c64 or amiga had any lasting impact

I'm no expert on the matter but i'm sure the Amiga offered a lot. I'll just bump the thread in case anyone has anything to say regardding how much of a cunt you are.

Also
Get good

It didn't and no one cares about it. Most of its worthwhile games like shadow of the beast was ported to a dozen other platforms.

No amount of skill is going to get you to the end if nobody actually bothered to program it in.

Ok
Now hold on you little shit!

While they never were as great as LTTP or anything the gameboy games were suitable sequels to the 2D Zeldas after they became crappier 3D shells of their former selves.

Except that if you emulate any of the revisions you can? And the pleasure room or whatever isn't the ending which this faggot clearly didn't explain. IT'S JUST A BONUS ROOM.

because they started the trend of having more stupid story shoved into every subsequent game in the series?
No thanks. Zelda isn't a JRPG

So this has become 4chan with posts containing videogame discussion getting deleted for no reason. I noticed that a lot of posts were deleted. But i never close my tabs so i catched that.

Marky Mark and the kike bunch have been really doubling down on the hotpocketing lately, reminds me of how 4chan used to be just weeks before gamergate.

Only problem with the PS3 port is that they removed the vocal song during the credits and replaced it with generic music for some reason.

You poor fag.

kek'd. you probably got eaten by a grue.

seriously though you couldn't name 5 shit-tier games from 1984 and I couldn't sit here long enough to type out the list of garbage people call games on "modern PCs".

How the fuck was it more powerful than the NES, its a known fact that the NES was more powerful than the C64, every single multiplat that was on both the NES and C64 looked and played better on the NES.
Show me a single C64 game that looked as good as
Not even the best C64 efforts like Mayhem in Monsterland looked as good as Mr. Gimmick. Get off those nostalgia goggles, man. The c64 sucked.

Also check em. Here's another great NES/FC game. This one used two or thrre extra sound channels

zork is a shit game not worth anyones time

c64 had novel hardware that some guys did some interesting things with, but largely it was a system that had little lasting impact on the industry. The NES was far better as a system and was home to far better, far more influential games. I'm pretty fond of the master system, and like many of Sega's steps ahead of the competition, it was largely ignored for what the more popular competitor was doing. To my knowledge the master system got the best versions of many games back then.

I agree that the MS was overall better, look at these sprites. But what that guy said was just ridiculous, its true that some guys from the scene achieved some impressive things with the puny C64 hardware but it was in no way better than the NES.

Forgot embed

I think the only interesting thing the C64 has over the NES is how the sound hardware behaves differently. You can do some very eerie effects with it, but the NES you're locked firmly to its sound font. This is not to say devs didn't do interesting things with it, but still. It seems like PC gamers have this universal misunderstanding how the industry works. A lot of the shit done on PC was unimportant. Some of the networking things were very valuable, and a lot of new ground was broken, but by and large the industry was more influenced by what happened on consoles.

I didn't like Minish Cap and TBH I didn't know there were people who considered it among the best Zelda games.

The Oracle games, on the other hand, were some top tier magic. They're a testament to hardware limitations creating magic instead of letting devs half-ass fucking everything for the sake of feature and graphics bloat.

Honestly the only huge things brought about by PC gaming as a general that I can think of off the top of my head are Doom and dungeon-crawlers/RPGs like Wizardry.

They got there a bit if you went after the special items. I mean, to get the mirror shield, you had to go feed your shield to a Goron.

Had to suck up a spirit that was cursing a man to get the Light Arrows later on too, otherwise he'd die. Problem with that one is you pretty much had to know about it beforehand as well as go out of your way with kinstones since the cloud-guy in town that makes the portal requires a random kinstone, so chances are even if you know about it and want the light arrows you'll have a hell of a time finding or buying the right kinstone at that point in the game.

As I recall the studio who developed those games folded

Oh dear

Its music was better.