I honestly can't decide Holla Forums. This sale only lasts until tomorrow

I honestly can't decide Holla Forums. This sale only lasts until tomorrow.

Do I get the F-86 Sabre and the F-15C or do I get the M-2000C?

Perhaps if we knew what the fuck you were talking about we could tell you to go fuck yourself

DCS World silly

You know what to do, buddy.

Could falling bullet casings (i dont know what theyre fucking called) kill someone if it landed on their head?

You know what style of flying you prefer, get whatever you like best.
For me it would be the F-15 because it's a beast.

Good advice.

As much as I respect old planes, I honestly think it's a pain in the ass to get that close to engage. Even with the heat seeking missles on the Sabre you had to be in visual range. I'd rather have it as an option rather than a necessity.

I guess I'll get the M-200C then

yeah its called casing you retard, its like saying if you throw a coin off the tall building, it might kill someone. which it wont
plus most soldiers would have these device that wears on your head that deflects sharpnel and bullets
I think it was called a "helmet", not too sure but its something like that

Nah, terminal velocity wouldn't be very high for a spent case.
Despite the all wives tail a penny dropped from any height would only hit you about as hard as if it were thrown at you from 5 yards.

I remember an episode of mythbusters where they tried to find if a penny could be lethal if thrown from the top of the Empire State Building, but they couldn't get it going. I doubt casings would do much more, but I guess it would depend on the caliber.

sage for offtopic

I don't know why people put this meme on a petal stool.

Duh. The AIM-9B had a range of 2.6NM

There is a scene in Blackhawk Down that I think shows it pretty accurately, a AH-6 drops 7.62x51mm cases on them, it's a little painful and they get burnt by them.

STOP MAKING FUCKING SABERS

I decided to get something that aint the MC-2000.

This left box in the cockpit is completely immersion breaking and bothers me a lot.

Are you a millionaire?

Play it with a HMD and it'll be right in your face.

No?

All simulators work like this, including FSX. Devs are more honest too. If they didn't charge this much, then the game would not be as intricate as it is. They need the money since most people are too retarded to fly a warplane, even in a video game simulation, so it's inherently niche.

That isn't comfy

literally unplayable

Are you making fun of me or..?

Darn you OP, now you are going to make me get back into DCS and buy the F-15.

Dude it's like 5.99 right now. Not much of a loss.

It isn't the money that worries me, it's the hundreds of hours.

No point in buying just the F-15. Get FC3 and all the junk that comes with it. Sukhois are cute. Sabre is cool as fuck but the Mig-15 is cooler. Not very many people fly them in multiplayer as far as I know though so you'd just get nuked by shit you can't see. Don't know nothing about the Mirage, didn't even realise they had finished it.

If you don't know what you're doing then get the A-10C. If you don't know what you're doing and want to shoot shit that's on the ground get the P-51D. If you don't know what you're doing but you're a hardcore motherfucker that breaths jet fuel and shaves with a coaxial rotor get the Ka-50.

I absolutely am.

Meme plane, don't want it

Helicopters aren't fun to me

Meme plane

I'll just get the MiG-21.

How about you suck my dick

To be fair GAUtism is a thing

Only Russia is crazy enough to make a chopper that smashes it's main rotors together it you aren't careful.

You have just revealed yourself as a massive faggot. It's one thing to not like ground attack but to dismiss it as a meme shows your love of cock.

I do. I just don't like those planes.

Okay now you're just being a pedantic faggot

Your cover's blown fagatron. Time to pack it up.

I need more plane webms

This is what I meant btw. I simply can't accept this.

>>>/cuckchan/

Accept what? The fucking components of a plane?

It's poorly rendered. Stop playing dumb.

20mm/30mm casings could probably kill you if they landed on your head.

what mango

F-15?
SU-27?
M-2000?
FUCK THIS
GAY
ASS
SHIT
REAL NIGGAS FLY THE
MIG-21
LOOK AT THIS FUCKING COCKPIT, IT DOESN'T HAVE ALL THESE UGLY DISPLAY, IT HAS A FUCKING RADAR, YOU SEE THAT RADAR? IT WORKS BY PUMPING VODKA INTO IT AND THEN IT SHOWS YOU AMERICAN PIGS TO SHOOT DOWN
AAMRAMS? FUCK THIS DUMB PENCIL MISSILE, YOU'RE GOING TO USE R-60Ms AND R-3Rs AND YOU WILL LOVE THEM.
MIKOYAN STRONG

Not quite true but it was alcohol based and mechanics did routinely drink it as a substitute for vodka.

Also god damn I forgot how hard DCS World is to control without a full keyboard and better camera control.

it's trash

Go dance with the angels, nigga.

i don't think you people understand the size of of a 30 mm case.

I don't think you understand that terminal velocity is determined by density and drag not size or weight.

If you're arguing purely density, that formula is saying that the less dense, the faster.

don't argue with the shitposter, it's not worthy.

???????????????????????????????????

Quick google reveals that the casing would be about 320 grams. Seems doubtful that it could kill someone, but it would probably hurt like a motherfucker.

V U L C A N L I V E S

Anne Happy

That was a cool video. When I was enlisted in the US Air Force I worked with a civil servant that was formerly air force and was stationed in the UK at a base with B-58 Hustlers (muh planefu). Not the same plane as in your video but he always mentioned how fucking loud it was

i never understood this

That's the french fault.

Rafale has the same shit, looks ugly as FUCK

I wish VR wasn't shit and also expensive at the same time. Simulators are the only things VR is good for. Is it really that hard to make a cheap 2560x1440 display with a gyroscope that outputs to HDMI?

Do you even low pass?

A10C, Mig21 and Huey are by far the highest quality and most fleshed out modules by a long shot. The Mig21 is super cozy.

You had me until the shopped formulas. 6/10

I pulled out full size pair of adjustable pliers from my toolbox and it weighed 290 grams. The terminal velocity of a 320 gram 30 mm sphere is 210 km/h or 130 mph so the terminal velocity of the shell is going to be lower but somewhere in that region.

Now I can only estimate from the weight of holding it in my hand but if I was going 60 mph in one direction with my head out the window and a driver meeting me at 60 mph lobbed these pliers over into my lane I'd say they'd have a pretty fair chance of lodging in my skull. A casing is flat bottomed though so I don't know.

One hurdle is that over time error builds up with accumulated data and can cause the position and rotation tracking to desync. This phenomena is particularly bad when doing calculations via floating point arithmetic, but also with fixed point as well. It takes a lot of computing power in order to crunch enough data fast enough to feed a reliable simulation. Add in other requisite sensors and your data throughput (and thus the amount of processing you have to do) goes through the roof. In spite of these we can handle the aforementioned challenges reasonably well but current technological constraints in regards to pixel density on consumer LED screens coupled with the power and processing requirements needed to fill those pixels make it a difficult challenge to broach.

There really isn't a market for the kind of limited VR you describe. All relevant development efforts are building towards the trend of a "full", streamlined VR experience. This means that they can't have a giant cord bundle coming out of the back of the user's head and thus have to either use mobile assisted processing or come up with their own in headset solution that:
- doesn't generate a shit ton of heat in the headgear.
- makes efficient use of the extremely limited storage capacity in relevantly sized consumer batteries.
- is light weight
- is well fitted and reasonably durable
- contextualizes 3d space relative to us in order to prevent motion sickness
- and crams an LCD screen and needed sensors within the above constraints

Truly if VR every wants to stop being a gimmick they need to fullfill the above requirements as well as employ some mechanism for kinesthesis that doesn't require the use of actual motor skills (such as moving via a thumbstick or perpetually slipping on a glorified treadmill).

Whether we like it or not the average consumer controls the fate and direction of VR in both the short term and long term. Most people have cell phones. Most people don't own a desktop tower with a dedicated graphics card. Most people prefer wireless solutions. Most people get motion sick in current VR systems. Et al.

you know what to do