Recommendation shit

What's a good game to play when you feel completely broken Holla Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

fantasyanime.com/finalfantasy/ff6/roms/gba/Final_Fantasy_VI_Advance_[Restored].zip
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Solo russian roulette

The harvest moon and rune factory games always lift my spirts they're reptitive but there's something so rewarding about the slow steady progress.

As a general rule skip the first rune factory, and skip harvest moon cute. Besides that? Any of the ds games will be great time sinks with that cosindered with solid enough mechanics.

Remember that on dessume (the only solid ds emulator tbh) that games can corrupt over time so make sure to save up in game and do a reset once in awhile.

Minecraft: Story Mode.

Sleep as much as possible.

Polish roulette.

uh… good question

The game of drinking alcohol and sleeping

Does have great scenes.

Thought Drastic was meant to be the best. Thanks user.

Tempting.

Just masturbate until you feel better. Then play Ninja Gaiden.

subnautica

What happened, OP?

Chibi Robo is pretty good if you haven't played it yet.

Some really casual game with a concept that would work in an actual game. Some game you'd find on WildTangent or BigFishGames in the earlier part of the 2000s, like Fate, Tradewinds or Geneforge.

Tried it, couldn't get into it by myself. Was comfy for the brief time I played though.

Too much user.

Huh. Seems fun.

Just go to your girlfriend, user!
Don't tell me you don't have a girlfriend, user? You're not that much of a loser…

I like Legend of Mana. It's probably the comfiest game I've ever played. Something about the storybook graphics, the stilted engrish, the autistic optimization strategies you can get up to with map placements and equipment crafting… Playing it is like sinking into a huge, warm, soft fuzzy blanket that erases all my bad feels for a while.

but masturbation makes me feel worse, senpai.

Pic 1 related.

As for recommendations there are two paths we can take user.
If you are broken and seek recovery, seek the 2nd picture immediately.
If you are broken and seek to follow your despair into the sinking depths, play a wholesome game like 異形の箱庭 pic 3 related.

That mango picture rings a bell. What is it ?

Sorry to disappoint, user.

Is 異形の箱庭 English friendly, or am I out of luck with that.

I always find Journey cheers me up. It's just a walking simulator but I always find it really comfy and soothing to play, it's my go to game for when I feel like shit.

I see what path you're choosing user.
Your choice
Yes, there should be an english version in nyaa.

Kirby games. Any Kirby game. They're the epitome of comfy fun. When there's nothing else to play at the end of the day, when you're all played-out and still wanna go, Kirby will be there for you, waiting for you to come play.

I've never played an unfun Kirby game. I don't believe such a thing exists.

Play this comfy gem. It'll cheer you up.

Thanks user. What's the games Eng name per chance? All I got was Garden of Grotesque, and comes up as a fucking book.

Never played a Kirby game. Might consider it at one stage.

I would if didn't already know how the whole game plays out.

Well, never a better chance to start than in harsh depression, user.

/poyo/ is love, /poyo/ is life.

Bow Rei may be shit artist but he weaves a good story

Doom.

Actually, on checking my file here I don't think there's an eng version. Still straightforward though.

Also go play Kirby right now m8, that's like.. unthinkable you haven't. Just go get the rom, snes emulator, and crank up the volume.

you've really been missing out user. Go play Nightmare in Dreamland. That was my first Kirby game, and still remains one of my favorites. But you couldn't really pick a "wrong" one to start with honestly, because they're all so good.

Considered.

Mainly the fact it hasn't been compatible with SD2SNES, and never had any means or knew where to jump in. Might do then. Guess gives me a reason to use my 3DS.

No need to go through the trudge of messing with a DS. I'd argue that the controls are good enough to play it with keyboard.

Drakengard helped me.

Wont that just break you more, especially when you want to get the true end?

Though if we're talking about games like that, play Manhunt 1 OP.

You play as a fish and it's pretty comfy.

MOTHER 3. Trust me.

Yeah, I had been neglecting my 3DS for a while as well until I picked up Planet Robobot. I had a blast with it. I'm playing through Triple Deluxe now, Just cleared World 4.

This. The DS Kirby games do just fine on a keyboard though I have a Flash Cart, personally.

It did and that's what helped. Drakengard is game that broke me so hard that it fixed me.

don't play video games when you are sad or whatever shit, you will begin to associate games with sadness

do some pushups and get some sunlight to cheat your brain into feeling better then take a nap. don't let third party events ruin games for you

TO SAVE OUR MOTHER EARTH FROM ANY ALIEN ATTACK
FROM VICIOUS GIANT INSECTS THAT HAVE ONCE AGAIN COME BACK
WE'LL DEPLOY ALL OUR FORCES WE WONT CUT THEM ANY SLACK
THE EDF DEPLOYS!!!

OUR SOLDIERS ARE PREPARED FOR ANY ALIEN ATTACK
THE NAVY LAUNCHES SHIPS, THE AIR FORCE SENDS ITS JETS
AND NOTHING CAN WITHSTAND OUR FIXED BAYONETS
THE EDF DEPLOYS!

Doom + Project Brutality.
One of the good Sonic games.
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
Crimzon Clover
Ridge Racer
Osu!mania (4-button mode)

Those are just some of my favourite games to play when I'm down, but generally, good games to play when you're down are
- Fast
- Flashy
- Simple

You want something that'll grab your attention and awe you with its presentation. Something where you can shut your brain off and just take in the pretty colours while moving along as fast as you can. Something that'll keep your mind and fingers busy without getting you stressed about it.

Alternatively, you may want to consider a good visual novel.
Something sad can help you 'let it all out' and just feel refreshed, having let some of your emotions go. There's a term for the feeling, but I can't recall off the top of my head. In any case, most Key VNs would be right up that alley, giving an excellent mix of happy moments and sad moments that they're known for.
Alternatively, you could also go for one of those simple visual novels where everyone loves you (and, optionally, wants your dick) to give you a feeling of worth and purpose. It might help you 'let it all out' in another sense if the H-scenes are good, too. Nekopara comes to mind, along with Wanko to Kurasou. Or, for something less sexy and more 'complete nonsense', you could go for OMGWTFOTL.
I think the site got taken down, but see if you can find the text-and-screenshots "Let's Play" of Phoenix Drive. That one had me fucking floored with laughter.

In a similar vein to Visual Novels, RPGs work too but I don't suggest them because most of them will have that one boss that hits you like a brick wall and just depresses you with the thought of grinding to beat it.

Hang in there, OP. Things will get better. They might never get great, but know that you'll always be able to find ways to recover, even if only for a little bit.

Planetarian - Reverie of a Small Planet
Kana - Little Sister

or Urotsukidoji.

i would recommend Final Fantasy 6, it's a tale of broken people trying to cope with their problems while their world falls apart around them.

I love that game.

Enlighten me on the difference between the two.

Better than absolutely nothing.

Highly recommend this gem if you're planning on suicide but can't quite bring yourself to it.

Don't play the SNES version or the GBA version either. Get the patched GBA version.
fantasyanime.com/finalfantasy/ff6/roms/gba/Final_Fantasy_VI_Advance_[Restored].zip

It also looks and plays better than the SNES version now.

TerrafirmaCraft when I'm feeling like a hermit.
SC2 ladder when I want to be destructive.

Never played any VN really. Considered trying Fate out, but never got around to downloading. Only VN that remotely interested me what the one that fucks with you if you try to reload from a bad end, but forgot the name of that one.

lel

can't find the sauce on that gif

Fate is shonenshit, you should be aware of that much before going into it. If you know you're into shonenshit then that's fine, but otherwise that user's recommendations are probably a safer bet.

never mind found it

Start with something short, just to get a feel for them.
From there, there are a number of 'entry level' visual novels that are easy to grasp and introduce you to the mechanics of visual novels in general (because, yes, there are universal mechanics that are nice to know when playing visual novels).
Fate/Stay Night is pretty simple, but it's long. It's good for a beginner's first visual novel but it would also be easy to find yourself getting burned out. If you keep that in mind and pace yourself as you go through it, you'll have a great time and will probably be able to find dozens of other visual novels to play through.

Load up a MMO and roam aimlessly through a city. Keep jumping around and make a game of enjoying the momentum while you think of your problems.
I've been there before.

this

it works with almost every game that gives you the freedome of staying off course. No timer or any other shitty live sucker mechanics.

i play marble blast ultra, rolling in cyrcles on that huge stage with the walls around.

Just jumping and grinding the wall up and down. Nothing else.

Nice meme opinion kiddo.

Eh. Might run with something different then.

Only MMO I have still sitting on my PC is SWG. Might try it again and see what happens.

Something mindless and easy, an ARPG.
Or
I'm always broken so I should know.

Broken as when you cant live whitout dick?

Real life.

What i like are management or simulation games with slow and steady progression. They're calming and give your brain something different to chew on.

SWG is the best MMO for jumping (assuming you mean SWGemu) you just get to mash tf out of that space button and watch as you get like 50 different whispers telling you to fuck off

How about NieR? It's a comfy generic JRPG with a lot of happy side stories. Bonus points for doing NG+ to see all the funny scenes from the shade's perspectives.

This is /thread material, right here.
I don't think anything sums up happy, carefree joy more than a Kirby game.

Have a pleasant day, OP.

I love how the try to stay true to the game by making the pig turn into a stake, but if it was true to the game, she would automatically pick up the meat.

Danganronpa 2 broke me out of my state.

Wouldn't a game that goes out of it's way to put the characters into intense despair make it worse?

Russian Roulette uses revolver, Polish uses a magazine-fed pistol

At a glance, I thought that 2nd pic was Kirby sitting on Dedede's lap, staring at his fucked up erect cock which was dripping with blood and jizz.

Saya No Uta

You'd think, but making it to the end, and hearing Izuru's speech about how I can change my future just by trying something new gave me hope.

I thought that was why we play vidya?