Who the fuck was Snoke?

Who the fuck was Snoke?
After both the emperor and Vader died the sith were supposed to disappear forever, so why did another dark overlord of evil suddenly appear out of nowhere?
Why would you even introduce a character like this and give exactly zero fucks about anything regarding him? He might as well not have been in the movie at all

Are we talking about the emperor from OT here?

The emperor was the first, so he gets a break, this shit is just a 1:1 copy but without any charm of the original.

Ask Abrams.

kathleen kino

Makes sense an Empire would have an Emperor.
When you're one or two movies into a series, and the perimeters of the universe aren't yet set in stone, you can get away with just throwing things in there. People expect a little more when you're seven movies, and two expanded universes in . Rules are established by this point. We know there are only supposed to be two Sith at any one time, we know the last two were killed. Where did this one come from?

The most annoying thing about Snoke is there is absolutely no need for him to exist. Kylo Ren already has every reason to go to the darkside. He's Darth Vader's angsty grandson. If there has to be a figure to inspire him, make it an old imperial general, who temps him with stories of the good old days.

There were literally no plans for who Snoke was or what his deal was. JJ came up with him because he's a fucking brainless hack who just wanted to remake Palpatine, but after he finished with TFA and Disney handed off the next movie to Rian Johnson, there was nothing. No script notes. No orders from the executives to do certain things with the story. Not even a loose idea of what this new trilogy was even supposed to be about.

I expect there's already a half dozen novels out about his backstory and the companion books probably explain what his deal is, but all of that had to be cooked up after the fact and then reshaped to fit in with the details of the movie.

Its just another strike against Disney Wars.

Even if you shoved them in a work camp and forced them to try, kikes can't write a good story.

Oy Vey what do you mean you don't like Star Wars anymore?

That site used to be great for a few years then it became SJW central where every article was about trannies or dyke shit.

How much soy are they on?

It was all about carrying on from where return of the jedi left off, reusing all the imagery from the original trilogy for the sake of nostalgia and cashing in on the gullible twats that make up the star wars fanbase.

Obviously you can't just ressurect the empire or the emperor since it's already established they're dead to rights so the only way to reuse the imagery associated with them was to introduce a NOT-emperor and a NOT-emperor in the form of snoke and the first order, both of which don't make a lick of fucking sense.

Snoke is a character that only exists to extract money out of mental invalids who only live to be exploited by the movie industry. Don't go overthinking this bullshit.

Palpatine was at least charismatic and a meme fodder. Snoke is fucking nothing.

But the emperor has already all the characterization he needs. Worldbuilding in the OT is sparse but effective, and the emperor being a dark wizard in a science fiction setting is immediately understood. It's a staple of folk tales.

Snoke conversely is presented as a mystery man with a big plan, but puffs out with no resolution. Like a mystery from Lost. These sequels are hollowed out shells that move without being alive, essentially they thought that Snoke should copycat the Emperor without anticipating that people would ask questions. They don't like thinkers.

t. Jenny

Disney and JJ especially are creatively bankrupt, OT had an emperor so they had to have a big bad overlord because pottery. Why did Rey need to confront him at all if Luke could have just piloted a ship via remote projection and admiral ackbar'd Snoke's ship?
Why do they put a stupid sidekick animal/creature that does nothing to advance or affect the plot in all their shit?
Because they're not interested in a story, only in designing something by committee that looks like a movie that the most number of idiot goyniggerchinks will pay to see.
I predict Han Solo will be a bumbling buffoon in his own goddamn movie and Daenerys/Lando/3rd asspull person of ethnic diversity will be responsible for everything. Wait people liked Lando, Disney will make him a faggot or something. Don't worry have some cube droids that beep boop… shit ok here's R2D2 and C3PO and Princess Leia cameos… fuck test audiences still don't like it let's just cram in Boba Fett… fuck it put in Darth Vader too.

I'm really not sure what they put less thought into, his name or his character. He seems like a joke.

darth drumf

Who cares? He's dead! LOL

he was plagueis until literally everyone predicted it, so they just killed him off instead of doing a twist

The people who thinks the books are canon are fucking retarded

No matter how open-minded you try to be, 99% of trannies just look disgusting. (I mean, that on the left is a tranny, right? If it's not, it's a spectacularly ugly woman.)

They could've had traitors from the rebels become the new bad guys.

You give them too much credit I doubt anyone who has any pull or say over the SW films even know who plagueis is.

There is always another sith out there, that's the fucked up thing about Star Wars' universe, it's doomed to endless war because of the will of the force. I just wonder if he was supposed to be a genetic sith or just some old dude, his skin isn't red though so he likely isn't genetic sith.

He's supposed to be some dark user unrelated to the sith. That and according to Wookiepedia he's some alien hedge wizard that guided the Imperial Remnant to the unknown regions to remake them into the first order. It's very underwhelming.

uh huh

He's a wannabe emperor and a cartoon villian

That's literally the banking clan guy

He was a random alien in TFA, in TLJ he was Goldmember in space.

And now he's fucking dead.

The new trilogy is a fucking unmitigated disaster.

Tbf the Emperor is a stoic druid-tier figure so it makes sense that he is mysterious.

disneyposting is not encouraged here, user.

but for shits and gigs i'll bite your bait.

the emperor is given plenty of backstory prior to his appearance in ROTJ. in ANH we learn that he's, well, the fucking emperor. an empire is typically ruled by an emperor, so it goes without saying that he's the head honcho of the bad guys. between obi-wan and tarkin's dialogue, there's just enough info to get something of an idea on who he is exactly.

jumping to esb, we're taught that he's vader's personal master and a dark force user as well. we also see his face for the first time.

moving onto rotj, it's time for his physical appearance. the rest is history.

now, the prequels establish him prior to the days of the empire. not really important, but nice to see his rise to power. however, as others have pointed out, it establishes the rule of two. of course, in a big fucking galaxy, it's only logical that there are force users not on either side, but doing their own thing, so snoke hiding out in the unknown regions is perfectly acceptable, except for the part that he seems to have known everything going on while hiding under sheev's nose, which was impossible, that man was on top of everything.

the best part about faggots trying to defend this shit is that it falls completely on its own face even within its new established perimeters.

actually JJ's notes stated snoke was once human, rian retconned him to being an alien.

The banking clan guy is the same species as Plagueis so his pic is used as a reference.

Now I can't get that out of my head.

i'm waiting for someone to put goldmember's "i like.. goooold" line over snoke's lips.

implying he wasn't plagueis evil spirit corrupting and rotting a new host body

Friendly reminder (pic)